Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

John Charity Spring posted:

Patch notes here. Confirmation that the Foundation update changes will be added at a later date.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-patch-notes

Are they being hammered or something? Won't load for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Gejnor posted:

Are they being hammered or something? Won't load for me :(

Yeah won't load for me either now, and I closed the tab so can't quote.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Sword masters get -2 melee defense...

...and the sea guards get +2 melee attack. Do these guys even need buffs?

Tyrion also got damage buff and a higher portion of his damage converted to ap (45% now).

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

Karaz-a-Karak Airport

Don't fly in at KKA if you can; the toll fees heading into the Badlands are ridiculous and Barak Varr International has a better terminal anyway.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah won't load for me either now, and I closed the tab so can't quote.

It's working now for me.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
The preview release that streamers got indicated a lot of MP changes to old world factions that aren't in the patch notes there.

I imagine that there was a miscommunication somewhere down the line.

Yeah, according to the FAQ:

quote:

Have the Old World factions been balanced against the New World factions?
While the Foundation Update changes to Skill Trees won’t be applied to the Old World races till later, there have been some tweaks and changes in Mortal Empires to ensure they’re up to scratch with their new potential allies and enemies. As with all changes we’ll be monitoring feedback in our official forums and will continue to make changes and additions in future updates.

They just didn't see fit to actually tell people what they are so now nerds have to play detective and do CA's job for them.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 25, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
High elves are pretty boring. I'm facing tougher opponents now and it's requiring more than 10 units of archers with a shield wall and ballista, but still, boring as gently caress.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Merged resource-based unit upgrade effects into resource exploitation buildings

does this mean trade resources are going to have actual effects again?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

That's how I read it.

In Warhammer one you could build a trade resource building, and also a trade resource related building that gave your +XP for archers or whatever. Warhammer 2 merges the two so that's a good carryover for the old world.

quote:

High elves are pretty boring. I'm facing tougher opponents now and it's requiring more than 10 units of archers with a shield wall and ballista, but still, boring as gently caress.

I like high tier High Elf armies, with their Swordmasters, Phoenix Guard, Dragon Princes, Dragons, Phoenixes, ect. Lots of cool units.

They do have this awkward transition from archer based army to almost pure elite melee/flyers though, I expect they'll feel more complete after the DLC adds their elite archer options.

madmac fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 25, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I think I'm not going to play the older factions in mortal empires until the foundation patch is in, so for the meantime it will be Queek: Badlands boogaloo.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
"CHANGED max number of traits a character can hold to 30 from 20"

You know, for a second I read that the wrong way round (like "from 30 to 20", instead of how it actually is) and thought they were reducing it from 30 to 20, and was like "oh come on!" then i looked again and went "oh wait, no, this is good, carry on". Room for an extra 10 traits should make it easier to get more of those "Defeated (insert Legendary Lord here)" traits.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Staltran posted:

Pretty sure murderbar is based on all dead, not just enemy dead. I think I saw it activate for AI delves from being shot at by helves on ninjahund’s stream before the game was released.

I'm not sure the AI plays by the same murderbar rules. Maybe it is total dead. In a long slow battle I saw them pop murdertime twice without really causing me any significant damage.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

"CHANGED max number of traits a character can hold to 30 from 20"

You know, for a second I read that the wrong way round (like "from 30 to 20", instead of how it actually is) and thought they were reducing it from 30 to 20, and was like "oh come on!" then i looked again and went "oh wait, no, this is good, carry on". Room for an extra 10 traits should make it easier to get more of those "Defeated (insert Legendary Lord here)" traits.

I like the idea of dudes hunting down Gelt, Volkmar, and Tyrion like a very specific serial killer just to max out their army-wide bonuses.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dark Elves glowy buff always seems to kick in when I'm just about to rout the lot of them. Which is nice because the morale boost means my infantry line can rack up more kills instead of just the archers.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

quote:

FIXED double clicking a ruin in strategic view revealing Skaven presence by opening the faction diplomacy screen

Goddamit, I never benefited from this. gently caress you, Clan Skyre, talk to me, I know where you live!

Gitro fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 25, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

I like the idea of dudes hunting down Gelt, Volkmar, and Tyrion like a very specific serial killer just to max out their army-wide bonuses.

If you play as Wulfric, than this sort of behaviour even makes sense!

In more news, here are 2 truly tragic parts of the patch notes

"FIXED a staircase in Lothern Siege battle map which would cause chariots to spontaneously combust
FIXED an exploit where you could cast some spells repeatedly for free if giving a move order during spell wind up. YUKANNADUZAT!"
Truly, this is the most tragic of news.

"FIXED CA Cinematics Team’s obsession with slaying High Elves. May require further testing…"
Actually no wait, this is the most tragic of news. An obsession with killing elves isn't something that needs to be fixed!

Here, have the best news to quench your sadness:
"Skavenslaves: more salt added to diet; now 25% more delicious"
The lizards will be truly happy to hear this.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 25, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Angry Lobster posted:

I think I'm not going to play the older factions in mortal empires until the foundation patch is in, so for the meantime it will be Queek: Badlands boogaloo.

I think I'm going to start as Orion since they didn't really get changed in foundations (aside from a handful of RoR) and then I'm going to push out to sea and go reclaim the Ulthuan and Naggaroth with with elfy hellforest.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 25, 2017

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It was posted a while back in the thread but I don't remember the exact post to link it, unfortunately, but basically auto-resolve has some really funky math when it comes to ranged attackers. It is VERY generous to artillery, basically allowing it to expend its entire ammo supply into the enemy even if in reality you could easily flank and smash it two volleys in. It uses similar logic for skirmishers, but artillery generally have a better overall damage/ammo ratio which is why they do so well. Melee units meanwhile get pretty hosed and it also seems to do weird poo poo like dump all the damage on to a single unit and just wipe it out rather than having it spread around as would be much more common in a real fight.

I added it to the OP. Basically it's always counted ranged units as shooting all their ammo, which means that +ammo skills give you massive boosts for autoresolve, and it explains why peasant infantry were so powerful in fots - they'd be counted as having fired all their bullets even though they take about 10 minutes to do so.

Also I've been reading all the posts, expect some goodies in the OP soon

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

DeathSandwich posted:

I think I'm going to start as Orion since they didn't really get changed in foundations (aside from a handful of RoR) and then I'm going to push out to sea and go reclaim Athel Loren and Naggaroth with with elfy hellforest.

For me the first stop is DEFINITELY Skavenblight. After that's good and green I gotta go liberate my Southland brothers from the oppressive yoke of Dino Crisis and then I dunno I'll choke the entire planet with vines I haven't really decided.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
On a tangent regarding auto-resolve, I legit have no idea why they buffed Death Globe Bombardiers even more considering how great they already are in battle and overvalued in auto-resolve. Not that I'm complaining, I love my nerve-gas throwing rat sons.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Any choice bits of patch notes for those of us at work with internet filtering?

Edit: I just noticed the new thread title and now I want House Harkonen to drop in on Khemri and start blasting people with missiles

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 25, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There's some pretty huge notes in there

-Black arks no longer increase your other armies' upkeep
-The Final vortex battle now gives the AI that initiated it a second army led by the other LL
-Slann mage priests get 25% missile resistance
-Minus 10% damage to wind blast and pestilent breath

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Warhammer is fun and over the top. Dune is ponderous, tedious and far too serious.

I would not play the hell out of it! Bring back our Warhams!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If you hit a Devastator's shields with a Warp Lightning Cannon, do both explode?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Pretty good patch notes. Happiest to see the order bug fixed, that was the biggest issue imo

So excited for Blood & Gore back tomorrow :woop:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also chariots can now safely go up and down stairs without exploding.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Pretty good patch notes. Happiest to see the order bug fixed, that was the biggest issue imo

So excited for Blood & Gore back tomorrow :woop:

If the doomwheels don't mulch whatever they run over I swear to god i am refunding this and never buying TW again

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Is there a reason I can have Tyrion on a wall during a defense but not a mage? I clicked around but I guess wizards are afraid of heights? Each time I wanted to use a explosive spell on the enemy right outside the gates the mage would try to WALK to them.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
-23% explosion damage on Warp Lightning too, cost reduced to 5 (no idea what from). Having just seen it devastate a relatively clumped unit of seaboys, I am not entirely upset by this.

Reductions to Night/Gutter runner hp, reduction to accuracy and a 5% reduction to their phys res. +1 missile damage to all variants, though. Some sort of animation change to hellpit aboms, alongside some light buffs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plavski posted:

Warhammer is fun and over the top. Dune is ponderous, tedious and far too serious.

I would not play the hell out of it! Bring back our Warhams!

No dad. You don't have to play as Leto. You can be anybo-

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

The Hellpit Abominations apparently aren't working very well against massed infantry and people were saying the animations were the issue, perhaps thats the fix? I don't have much experience using the HPA, I'm not sure.

The Tyrion buffs are cool but I think it's funny he doesn't have flaming attacks considering his sword, SUNFANG, is literally on fire.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
what's with the new thread title

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
What does "Wood Elves can fully occupy Lothern" mean? Will Lothern work like a regular Athel Loren settlement for them?

Coupled with their ability to construct a variant of the Everqueens court in Gaen Vale (sp?), Ulthuan may become an important target for Orion.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 25, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

The Hellpit Abominations apparently aren't working very well against massed infantry and people were saying the animations were the issue, perhaps thats the fix? I don't have much experience using the HPA, I'm not sure.

The Tyrion buffs are cool but I think it's funny he doesn't have flaming attacks considering his sword, SUNFANG, is literally on fire.

I thought doing his quest battle for sunfang enabled flaming attacks?

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

botany posted:

what's with the new thread title

there was a post about 20 pages ago that I had to do something with.

I've also updated the OP with some goodies. I've saved the previous post code in a gdoc so I can copy-pasta back in when I'm finished

also SA needs a collapsible button so I can pack all the unit guides away without blowing out the size of the OP

Torrannor posted:

What does "Wood Elves can fully occupy Lothern" mean? Will Lothern work like a regular Athel Loren settlement for them?

Coupled with their ability to construct a variant of the Everqueens court in Gaen Vale (sp?), Ulthuan may become an important target for Orion.

pretty much, they're elves so it wouldn't make sense for the fuckers to not be able to live there even if they're murder hippies

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Torrannor posted:

That’s my understanding, Lothern will count as a full sized settlement rather than an outpost

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Davincie posted:

I had an idea for this that would make even more sense. While they made trade a bit better, it still has some issues depending on your capital location. There are also some races that seldom get the diplomatic standing to bother trading with many races even though its technically possible to do so (Vampire Counts, Norsca). Since they area already making the resource buildings provide bonuses, have the bonuses stack based on how many of those buildings you have.

This could give Dwarves a unique way to fix their trade good branch of their research tree, which is flat out inferior to the High Elf counterpart (because the HE one has more practical bonuses).

So say Dwarf Iron mines give -1% upkeep/tier to melee units. If you controlled two T3 Iron mines, that would bring it up to -6% upkeep; pretty good. But then with research, support buildings, and provincial ordinances you might be able to get a multiplier to that bonus.

So even if you didn't have a lot of people to trade with, it would still be very worthwhile for Dwarves to build all these trade buildings anyway, since you could stack up some impressive bonuses, which I'd tweak like this:

Iron: Flat bonus to veterancy of T1-3 melee units, -1% upkeep per tier/building to all melee units.
Salt(peter): Flat bonus to veterancy of gunpowder/flame units, +1% ammo per tier/building to all gunpowder/flame units.
Stone: Flat reduction to build time of all buildings (minimum 1 turn), -1% settlement/wall cost reduction per tier/building
Spices/Medicinal Plants/Rare Animals/Obsidian/Wine: Stackable bonuses to diplomacy for various corresponding factions.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Panfilo posted:

Iron: Flat bonus to veterancy of T1-3 melee units, -1% upkeep per tier/building to all melee units.
Salt(peter): Flat bonus to veterancy of gunpowder/flame units, +1% ammo per tier/building to all gunpowder/flame units.
Stone: Flat reduction to build time of all buildings (minimum 1 turn), -1% settlement/wall cost reduction per tier/building
Spices/Medicinal Plants/Rare Animals/Obsidian/Wine: Stackable bonuses to diplomacy for various corresponding factions.

Dwarven Beer/Wine: Bonus to Slayer vet/upkeep.

Something they were talking about on another forum that I never realized: Apparently if a unit has bonus damage vs infantry/large that bonus is apparently also applied to melee attack as well. That must be what makes spears hang vs large enemies despite having kind of poo poo MA.

I seen a couple posts on other forums talking about comparisons between Wood Elves and Dark / high elf units and the WE aren't really coming back favorably. IMO even if the WE units are statistically inferior compared to High/Dark elves, that's not taking into account the fact that Wood Elf lord's red line melee buffs are obnoxiously good and apply to every single unit in the army, not just a subsection like Hat and Dark Elves. When Orion gets the +MA/MD buff, it's not just for his spears/swords/archers, it's for his monsters, his cav, his dragons, and all for 3 points.

Granted. that helps WE precisely dick in multiplayer, but it's a big part of what makes the campaign so steamrolly.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

DeathSandwich posted:

Dwarven Beer/Wine: Bonus to Slayer vet/upkeep.

Even better:
Dwarven Brewery: Flat bonus to Rangers(all types) veterancy, +1% speed and physical resist for each tier/building.
Dyemaker: +1% Physical and Magic resist for each tier/building for Slayers.

You could interpret it as the Brewery getting the Rangers some liquid courage to handle their dangerous work, while the Dyemaker is providing the ink for the runic tattoos that the Slayers have on their bodies.

1% here and there seems small and trivial, but in Mortal Empires you could count on getting 3 or 4 of these buildings if you know where to go, and when fully upgraded along with all the other bonuses stacked up that 1% can easily creep up to 15% late game, much like the Wood Elf Sacrifical Grounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah the Gemstone Mines in Karaz-a-Karak give bonuses to Hammerers and Ironbreakers now iirc, we can expect to see other resources give bonuses to other units. I really like this change a lot, resource buildings were really poo poo in Warhammer 1. Between the extra effects and the improved trade income in Warhammer 2 they're real good.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 25, 2017