Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just got to a point in Berseria where I can rewatch skits...and in turn can see how many I missed :negative: I honestly thought I hadn't missed any but I don't think I could have been more wrong.

And yes I know I can pay orbs to unlock them after doing the post game dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only sticker on my case is a very tasteful foil final fantasy 30th anniversary sticker that came on my copy of stormblood

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why the heck are all these big video games releasing on Friday of this week? Was there some kind of international switchover that I missed here?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I watched some of that Doki Doki game and I can't stop laughing at this this. That's such a ridiculous effect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Why the heck are all these big video games releasing on Friday of this week? Was there some kind of international switchover that I missed here?

Get your games out before COD or delay them til next year

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Haven't friday releases always been the norm outside the US?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Internet Kraken posted:

I watched some of that Doki Doki game and I can't stop laughing at this this. That's such a ridiculous effect.

That needs to be an avatar.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't think the writing is quite as good as the first two, but the shooting just feels so much better. And that music just loving kicks all the rear end.

(I actually saw HEALTH live and they played both Tears and Combat Drugs from the OST, and it was loving incredible.)

Agreed on all counts. Besides those two, this is my favorite song on the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q2xbMuVYuc&t=79s

The drums and that bassline are just *kisses fingers like chef*

edit: And the way the music in the game itself is layered so that it only amps up with exciting stuff is happening is just so clever and well executed, the game utilizes the soundtrack in a way that I haven't seen done in a lot of other places.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 25, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Get a steam controller if you like your d pad and l/r buttons to make loud clicking noises. The configurability and grip buttons are really nice though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

maaario wa hoo !!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I follow Charles Martinet on Twitter/Instagram and there's a lot of that

https://www.instagram.com/p/Baoq9lugFpD/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
man what are you guys doing for storage these days. Games taking up 100 gigs. goddamn

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Delete everything you haven't played in more than a month

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

keep in mind that ds4 requires third party software to use with a lot of games that were programmed for xinput. if your 360 drivers aren't 100% up to date, ds4windows will give you a loving heart attack because it will basically render your entire system unresponsive.

Last week I bought the Sony USB wireless adaptor and have been using my DS4 to play Witcher 3 without any issues. I don't have to use DS4 Windows. Before buying this, I was able to plug and play with the DS4 for at least a year. It's been a long time since I used DS4 Windows. The only thing that's bummer with the wireless adaptor is Xbox button prompts appear.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Alan Smithee posted:

man what are you guys doing for storage these days. Games taking up 100 gigs. goddamn

I bought a 5tb external for my PS4 and a uh 2tb for my Wii U which seems at this point like overkill but I refuse to ever run out of room for things

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sefal posted:

Finished episode 7 of Umineko
What an amazing game. It's been a wild ride. It has managed to unsettle me, get me to cry, excited and laugh.
1 more episode to go.
Woah, that's a big jump from where you last checked in on this.

EP7 if I'm honest is my favorite chapter. Great reveals (delivered via a very cool story structure), great new characters, and I'd argue maybe the best new selection of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9XPcPKYAQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I haven't been able to install anything on my SSD since Tekken came out, which hasn't been an issue until this Hitman news

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Divinity original sin 2 is finally starting to click after like 20 hours and now I can’t stop playing. I like this better than xcom 2 as a turn based strategy game. I swear half of my 20 hours is just saving, reloading, and chaining/unchaining my guys though. It’s an adjustment playing a game that forces you to save scum to get the most out of it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Alan Smithee posted:

250 GB SSD for OS so I don't have to worry about room and a big ol fat platter drive for games and other incidentals. I got another 250 GB SSD for games with long load times but those get swapped around as needed but your best option is to

Sakurazuka posted:

Delete everything you haven't played in more than a month

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

Woah, that's a big jump from where you last checked in on this.

EP7 if I'm honest is my favorite chapter. Great reveals (delivered via a very cool story structure), great new characters, and I'd argue maybe the best new selection of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9XPcPKYAQ

What can I say. Umineko completely hooked me. I totally did not play it during work the last few days...

Episode 7 was really great and I love the new characters. It's great how it can introduce new characters that late in the game and make them really great.
Episodes 6 had a awesome ending.
Let's see what episode 8 is all about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Word of advice for those of you buying a shitload of drives for different things: Renaming them from their drive letters may seem like a good idea, but then you'll come across a program that is dependent on the actual name of the disk it points to, and then you will be like me and have a drive that has to remain named FRAPS even though I haven't used FRAPS in over 3 fuckin years because I am too stubborn to reinstall/change the locations sony vegas et al point to

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Animal Crossing Pocket Camp APK is out early. Nintendo released it last night on the Australian iOS and Android app stores. The game is version 0.90 so it's not finished yet, so probably an accident? Regardless I have it on my phone and am playing it this morning.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

:yeah: :rock: :woop:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Andrast posted:

Haven't friday releases always been the norm outside the US?

It's typically Thursday at least in Japan.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

nachos posted:

Divinity original sin 2 is finally starting to click after like 20 hours and now I can’t stop playing. I like this better than xcom 2 as a turn based strategy game. I swear half of my 20 hours is just saving, reloading, and chaining/unchaining my guys though. It’s an adjustment playing a game that forces you to save scum to get the most out of it.

I should go back to it soon. It hasn't clicked for me yet but then the farthest I have been is fort joy. Gah too many games this month. I also started destiny 2 and I'm surprised the shooting feels like halo. I miss halo

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

he sounds very pained

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

I said come in! posted:

The Animal Crossing Pocket Camp APK is out early. Nintendo released it last night on the Australian iOS and Android app stores. The game is version 0.90 so it's not finished yet, so probably an accident? Regardless I have it on my phone and am playing it this morning.

I'm willing to believe it's unfinished if only because I don't like it much and I'm hoping it becomes better over time with updates or something.

The game feels like they stripped Animal Crossing down to its most core basics (furniture getting, doing things for villagers, fishing + bug catching + tree shaking) by stripping away a lot of the charming flavor dialogue that makes doing these things endearing.
Instead, it's just a Very Mobile Game Skinner Box System of levelling up and resource grinding. I found myself half expecting a YOUR CLAN HAS BEEN INVADED message to appear abruptly. You're not integrating with and getting to know your villagers in a familial sense, you're just pouring iron ore down the throats of an animal off a rotor until a "level up" icon pops up.

There's nice little cutscenes though I guess, I'm sure it's fine if you weren't as hungry for a mainline entry as me. Very basic and grindy which is fine if that's what you're after to kill time in transit or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm mad at The Mummy Demastered, if it were only a bit easier to regain your health than farming enemies for 5 or 20 HP at a time it would be a much improved game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm mad at The Mummy Demastered, if it were only a bit easier to regain your health than farming enemies for 5 or 20 HP at a time it would be a much improved game.

:agreed:

The basis for a good game is there, but there are some really poor design choices that just make it needlessly annoying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The basis for a good game is there, but there are some really poor design choices that just make it needlessly annoying.

That statement could be applied to nearly any Wayforward game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

chumbler posted:

That statement could be applied to nearly any Wayforward game.

looking at their repertoire of games developed and I'm surprised how accurate this statement is. Just a horde of great ideas brought down by several dumb decisions. I think Double Dragon Neon was the best of the lot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm hoping if enough people complain it might get a patch, it's so close to being fun. Make save stations give you your health back like every Metroid game and it's instantly improved.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

looking at their repertoire of games developed and I'm surprised how accurate this statement is. Just a horde of great ideas brought down by several dumb decisions. I think Double Dragon Neon was the best of the lot.

The two most recent Shantae games owned.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

chumbler posted:

My venerable old 360 gamepad is starting to get some mushy buttons. What is the current hotness in PC gamepads for when I need to replace it?

Upgrade to an xbone controller, they even have bluetooth now so you don't need to buy a proprietary dongle.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

didn't that NES ducktales remake wayforward did turn out pretty good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Good to know WayForward still makes mediocre property tie-in games that people get suckered into because of good pixel art.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The two most recent Shantae games owned.

The boss fights still sucked and they should have made Risky the final boss.

I should also add that Mighty Switch Force is good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

Good to know WayForward still makes mediocre property tie-in games that people get suckered into because of good pixel art.

you mean that the cynical corporate attempt to grab as much cash as possible by starting a knockoff marvel cinematic universe that's already starting to fall apart at the seams after its first entry translated into a completely forgettable licensed videogame? who could have predicted this

really i find it weird that so many people were getting hyped up about it in the steam thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were fine apart from that one where you had to hit the screws or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

you mean that the cynical corporate attempt to grab as much cash as possible by starting a knockoff marvel cinematic universe that's already starting to fall apart at the seams after its first entry translated into a completely forgettable licensed videogame? who could have predicted this

really i find it weird that so many people were getting hyped up about it in the steam thread

Tbf you find it weird when anyone likes anything

• Locked thread