Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

another three auras (you are obv using skyforths) means tons of extra elemental dps, but yeah no need for elixir when you have a 6L shavs

Is all that really worth it for non penetrating elemental damage on a phys crit build that can't instant leech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Advice time, if y'all are up for it.

Been playing a terminus est flicker strike slayer and having fun, but I'm hitting a wall of "my gear is Not Good Enough" and I was wondering what order I should upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/silvergoose/characters terminagricola

Basically, I have like 2.5k life or something lovely like that, and it needs to be way higher, but trying to cap resists and get lots of life on the few rare slots I'm going for is...expensive.

Things I need to upgrade:
Both rings need more life
Amulet is my main source of int, and getting lots of int and life and resists is, uh...
Belt shouldn't be the base type it is, I could get some more life there
5L or 6L terminus est
5L or 6L or kaom chest
Better flaks

So yeah. I need everything, but I've only got an ex or two worth of stuff, probably, unless I really start liquidating currency which I'm willing to do if need be.

What's most important? How on earth do I get lots of life on a build where the most important unique pieces don't really contribute?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Is all that really worth it for non penetrating elemental damage on a phys crit build that can't instant leech?

I think if you have Skyforths and Headhunter you can probably also afford an Atziri's Acuity. Sky's the limit, really.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vulpes posted:

I think if you have Skyforths and Headhunter you can probably also afford an Atziri's Acuity. Sky's the limit, really.

Acuity doesn't let you instant leech ES.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

It's a way to blow terrifying amounts of money.

Yeah I was just trying to think of a way to blow a ton of currency and I figured a GG 1h sword + 6link shavs + skyforths + headhunter + 2 steel rings + crystal belt was a good start.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

logged in for as long as it took me to discover that my 85% biscos has lost over 50% of its value but +1 arrow drillnecks are still stupid expensive

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Advice time, if y'all are up for it.

Been playing a terminus est flicker strike slayer and having fun, but I'm hitting a wall of "my gear is Not Good Enough" and I was wondering what order I should upgrade.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/silvergoose/characters terminagricola

Basically, I have like 2.5k life or something lovely like that, and it needs to be way higher, but trying to cap resists and get lots of life on the few rare slots I'm going for is...expensive.

Things I need to upgrade:
Both rings need more life
Amulet is my main source of int, and getting lots of int and life and resists is, uh...
Belt shouldn't be the base type it is, I could get some more life there
5L or 6L terminus est
5L or 6L or kaom chest
Better flaks

So yeah. I need everything, but I've only got an ex or two worth of stuff, probably, unless I really start liquidating currency which I'm willing to do if need be.

What's most important? How on earth do I get lots of life on a build where the most important unique pieces don't really contribute?

Oh right. The last thing that could be added is "get a bisco's and then your life and resists will be even shittier"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

You can take a look at my flicker strike guy that i mostly stole from mathil: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters/ (TheFlickeringDead_MrD)

Taking more life nodes on the tree and getting less bad gear is basically what it comes down to. (There should be a belt of the deceiver equipped, but a rare leather with lots of resists can be good too). Blood magic helps a ton, don't think you really need those auras to kill poo poo (a witchfire brew will still let you curse everything you're hitting, and since you aren't using it for DoT you can just buy the cheapest one you can)

For your amulet in particular carnage heart isn't the worst option, although a rare with crit multi/chance is probably more damage overall, but :effort: Don't think you need maligaros at all, decent spiked gloves are great, and a rare 6l astral plate can probably fix a lot of your problems too and isn't too expensive (buy the cards, throw greeds at it til you get something solid). Sorrow of the divine doesn't do a whole lot for you either, it probably is hurting you more than anything (no regen to life while you're using it!)

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 25, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Oh right. The last thing that could be added is "get a bisco's and then your life and resists will be even shittier"

Your Abyssus is max increased damage taken. Get a 40%. Your amulet is garbage, replace it first. Your two-stone ring isn't very good, you should replace that next, same with the belt. The diamond ring has a lot of res and you might want to replace that last. Get 5L on your sword and armor at least, that's not even expensive. You have 124% inc life on the tree-- your absolute priority should be to pick up life nodes next. You want 150% inc by level 80.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

You can take a look at my flicker strike guy that i mostly stole from mathil: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters/ (TheFlickeringDead_MrD)

Taking more life nodes on the tree and getting less bad gear is basically what it comes down to. (There should be a belt of the deceiver equipped, but a rare leather with lots of resists can be good too). Blood magic helps a ton, don't think you really need those auras to kill poo poo (a witchfire brew will still let you curse everything you're hitting, and since you aren't using it for DoT you can just buy the cheapest one you can)

For your amulet in particular carnage heart isn't the worst option, although a rare with crit multi/chance is probably more damage overall, but :effort: Don't think you need maligaros at all, decent spiked gloves are great, and a rare 6l astral plate can probably fix a lot of your problems too and isn't too expensive (buy the cards, throw greeds at it til you get something solid). Sorrow of the divine doesn't do a whole lot for you either, it probably is hurting you more than anything (no regen to life while you're using it!)

Hmmm. All good advice. Thanks!

McFrugal posted:

Your Abyssus is max increased damage taken. Get a 40%. Your amulet is garbage, replace it first. Your two-stone ring isn't very good, you should replace that next, same with the belt. The diamond ring has a lot of res and you might want to replace that last. Get 5L on your sword and armor at least, that's not even expensive. You have 124% inc life on the tree-- your absolute priority should be to pick up life nodes next. You want 150% inc by level 80.

Yeah I think I got the abyssus early on and I should replace it. So, abyssus, amulet, ring, 5L terminus est with decent crit seems to be 40+ chaos? Yeah I'm working on getting to the life node ring right now. Still levelin.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

Look at Severian. I need to switch out the Retch since I guess it hardly does poo poo for flicker but I don't play much standard. Maybe I can get better shoes if I do. The diamond rings were when I was having trouble sustaining but I think steel rings would be way better.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Yeah I think I got the abyssus early on and I should replace it. So, abyssus, amulet, ring, 5L terminus est with decent crit seems to be 40+ chaos? Yeah I'm working on getting to the life node ring right now. Still levelin.

...wait why are you using Sorrow of the Divine? You don't have Energy Shield so Zealot's Oath is really bad for you.

Also I said 40% on your Abyssus but in retrospect that isn't really needed. Like 41-43 is good enough probably if you're tight on money.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

McFrugal posted:

...wait why are you using Sorrow of the Divine? You don't have Energy Shield so Zealot's Oath is really bad for you.

Also I said 40% on your Abyssus but in retrospect that isn't really needed. Like 41-43 is good enough probably if you're tight on money.

Uhhh because I'm bad at the game. Obviously.

Yeah I'll get rid of that asap.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Carnage Heart and Belt of the Deciever are both cheap upgrades which can be done asap.

Also look at picking up some rare boots with life and some resists. Movement speed too if you get some currency. The extra frenzy charge from Blood Dance isn't necessary to keep the flicker rolling, and the extra damage against low enemies is useless if you are Slayer and pick Bane of Legends (which you should).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

preview art for upcoming uniques. new flask
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2023112

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Hyped for Dreamfeather But Floppy.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
It's a pen! We'll see if it ends up mightier than the sword.

George
Nov 27, 2004

For some reason I saw it as a quiver but you're right. The thing in the upper-left looks like a Solaris/lunaris-themed jewel, but what's in the upper-right?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

George posted:

For some reason I saw it as a quiver but you're right. The thing in the upper-left looks like a Solaris/lunaris-themed jewel, but what's in the upper-right?

If that's the whole art for the item than it has to be a map or a 2x2 shield (in which case it'd presumably be a buckler since it doesn't have spikes or a hoop)

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I just saw a 5L tabula rasa with 5 white sockets. Not corrupted.

How is such a thing possible?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

I just saw a 5L tabula rasa with 5 white sockets. Not corrupted.

How is such a thing possible?

I dunno but I assume Vorici?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

That's a good guess. I suppose I hadn't considered anyone would actually think to do that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes, Vorici. Someone in the guild a few leagues back 2L'd theirs then Vaal'd it for kicks. I want to say they got +1 gems because that's the funniest possible outcome, but that's probably not what happened.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Yes, Vorici. Someone in the guild a few leagues back 2L'd theirs then Vaal'd it for kicks. I want to say they got +1 gems because that's the funniest possible outcome, but that's probably not what happened.

It was me, and it was 95% mana multiplier, which is just as rare as +1 gems. Good times. Then I posted it on reddit claiming I got scammed by cadiro. Great times.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I've been playing a Retch Scion-Slayer/Deadeye Wander after transferring my Pathfinder's gear over and I gotta say, it's really strong. At first I used a 400pdps harbinger bow I crafted and did phys to lightning conversion, but I wasn't too happy with the build. Basically, it came down to only being able to get accuracy on my 2 rings due to amount of uniques, and things like res were a bitch. Couple days ago, I took the character off the shelf and decided to use my wander gear. I also swapped from Raider which I was using with the bow build to deadeye. Problem I had with Raider is that with bad chance to hit, it can be really bad. It's only a 10% chance on hitting an unique monster to gain a frenzy charge, so even with barrage it could take a lot of hits. At first I wasn't too thrilled about Deadeye either, since a Wander you want to be buffing single target damage, but drat it's nice. I actually came to the conclusion it really is nice for single target. Reason being is it buffs Kinetic Blast enough that I never have to use damage flasks for killing trash, which leaves my other flasks fully charged at all times to burst down any bosses or higher hp monsters. Tempest Binding + Deadeye becomes an effective 7 link, and increased critical strikes works very nicely with Acuities. Obviously the extra projectile is always op and great for both aoe/single target. I've also been telling people that even without the Leech Damage, I'd only take off the Retch for a Headhunter, and only in certain situations. 60% Flask duration is amazing, and with just Druidic Rite my flasks last about 10 seconds. 15% Movespeed goes without saying in this gofast meta.

It's really hard to say how much damage I'm doing, but I know forsure this Scion was killing Bosses like Argus and a few others faster and in less hits then my 94 Pathfinder with something like 4.6 mil shaper dps. The one thing I'm worried about is barrage crit chance being too low to face tank bosses later on. If I take off my bisco's, It's about 42% unbuffed, and that's literally every single crit node except the accuracy one (I'm using Lyco). My only solution would be to respec Deadeye into Assassin, but does anyone else look at it as only having one good modifier? I mean the multi would help you one-shot trash, but I already do that... The power charge could potentially allow me to use a different curse in my HoI setup, but that's still mediocre. The one thought I have in mind is using Inya's Boots (25% chance to gain full power charges when you normally would gain one). The idea is that could possibly net me full charges from bosses, but I can't imagine that working all the time. Maim I guess is nice, but not at all needed.

I can't stop dreaming of a Lioneye's Fall Jewel for Wanders. If you somehow are a diamond supporter and haven't designed your unique, you know what to do.

tl;dr: the Retch+Scion/Slayer Leech+Vinktar+Instant-Leech is really loving strong. I Prefer a Scion Slayer/Deadeye Wander, but I assure you, any high lightning damage build would work. I am slightly worried about crit chance because of Acuities, and whether or not I'll be able to facetank all bosses later on.

10bux fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 27, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Turmoil and Mayhem are coming back as the end-of-league race events.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

whypick1 posted:

Turmoil and Mayhem are coming back as the end-of-league race events.

quote:

In Mayhem, areas are inhabited by one of the following mods: 20 x Rogue Exiles, 20 x Tormented Spirits, 20 x Invaders, 20 x Strongboxes or 20 x Breaches. These mods are the same for all players and rotate once per hour.

quote:

20 x Breaches

:stare:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Huh, Turmoil's not voided.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Identical to the last two, except the order is reversed. Kinda makes sense to go from pretty wild to loving bonkers instead of losing intensity.

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 27, 2017

George
Nov 27, 2004

Oh boy, I can't wait to see every boss in every map again.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Huh, kinda sounds like fun. I might wuss out and just turmoil though.

20 breaches though...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can bosses be possessed by more than one ghost, because I just imagined a Minotaur with thug's and rogue's and maybe one other and just kind of curled up foetally internally

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll be honest, the most fun I have in this game is, after I beat a league and get a bunch of broken low level uniques, to make twinks and level up as many different builds as possible and just revel in how they break the game in different ways.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Can bosses be possessed by more than one ghost, because I just imagined a Minotaur with thug's and rogue's and maybe one other and just kind of curled up foetally internally
Yes they can.

At one point in Mayhem the Twilight Strand had 20 ghosts and usually around 6 or 7 of them would possess Hillock :unsmigghh:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Yes. There's been league challenges to kill a monster possessed by multiple ghosts (hint: Shore boss).

vvv Area is inhabited by 20 additional Yuguls and Gruthkuls

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm still waiting for "Area is inhabited by 20 additional Dominus"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

theshim posted:

Yes they can.

At one point in Mayhem the Twilight Strand had 20 ghosts and usually around 6 or 7 of them would possess Hillock :unsmigghh:

I feel like 20 ghosts is insane in any case while levelling, will make some god fights impossible (for the hour).

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Mayhem especially is an exercise in knowing when to run the gently caress away and make a new instance hoping for something you can actually kill.

And then when you do, you get loving tons of gear and it ramps up really fast and is pretty fun.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

Mayhem especially is an exercise in knowing when to run the gently caress away and make a new instance hoping for something you can actually kill.

And then when you do, you get loving tons of gear and it ramps up really fast and is pretty fun.

I know it says 1 per account but can you get multiple prizes for doing 35 in each of the leagues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I know it says 1 per account but can you get multiple prizes for doing 35 in each of the leagues?

You can get multiple prizes on a single character if the dice like you. You're much more likely to get one if you go to 90 and it's actually pretty quick and easy to do that once you get going.