Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I was initially pissed that with no RoR or tree updates I wouldn't be able to play WE or Chaos... but then I remembered that the time is ripe for Skarsnik to make his presence felt in the new world.

Boom, hype returned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Oh they do? That's great!

Gemstone mines and Breweries were pretty decent before, mainly because Gemstone Mines' base income was the same as a toolmaker building IIRC making it the most profitable trade building you could make, then if you were trading gems they tended to be more valuable per sack than any other trade good. Breweries gave bonuses to growth and public order which was super useful in one building. I had always been surprised that Stone never gave a secondary benefit before; I would've assumed it would help with build times/cost.

Do Dwarves get any other unique buildings currently occupied by another faction?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
CA updated the patch notes with the old world balance changes:

quote:

For Old World races:

General
Revised item and ability attachments for WH1 characters to offer more diversity and differentiation between characters.
Monstrous infantry entity number have been increased from WH1.
Dragons and Terrorgheists now have breath attacks
Nearly all abilities that modify Melee Attack, Melee Defense or Weapon Damage have been rebalanced.
All units have more health and lower attack speeds to match the new WH2 factions. Because of that these changes are not listed individually later unless they are significant.

Empire:
Griffons now have less charge bonus and higher melee attack.
Empire General: reduced melee damage from 450 to 430, minor cost reduction.
Boris Todbringer: reduced melee damage from 450 to 430.
Arch Lector: Major reductions in health and armour, massive reduction in base cost. Grand Hammer of Sigmar cost reduced from 240 to 160.
Volkmar: Improved melee attack and defense, whilst reduced base cost considerably.
Volkmar - War Altar of Sigmar: minor increase to health. Cost remained same, so mount upgrade now costs more relative
Karl Franz: Small increases to melee defense. Deathclaw is now a lot stronger than other Griffons. Ghal Maraz now has an additional bonus vs large effect.
Witch Hunter: Added Fire Whilst Moving and 360 degree firing. Added 25% magic resistance.
Warrior Priest: increased armour to 50.
Crossbowmen: cost reduced to 500.
Empire Knights: Increased armour to 110.
Demigryph Knights (All): Rebalanced to 24 entities on Large.
Pistoliers: Cost reduced to 500.
Great Cannon: Increased projectile damage.
Helblaster Volley Gun: increased projectile damage and range.

Dwarfs:
Thorgrim: Major increase to health, slightly increased melee defense to 62, major increase to cost, reduced charge to 20. Changed High King activation conditions.
Belegar:. Major reduction in cost. Increased melee defense. Rebalanced Revenge Incarnate, Mighty Oathstone, Hammer of Angrund.
Grombrindal: changed to the Rune Axe of Grombrinfal to buff ap melee damage rather than speed.
Ungrim: Doubled the bonus vs large effect of Axe of Dargo.
Runelord: increased weapon damage to 340.
Gyrobomber: can now move and fire.
Bugman’s Rangers: major increase to melee defense.
Longbeards (all): small increase to armour to 100, leadership increased to 80.
Slayers: cost reduction to 900
Hammerers: major increases to melee performance including higher weapon damage, armour, melee defense. Reduced cost to 1100.
Quarrellers (GW): cost reduced to 600.
Irondrakes (all): Increased entity count.
Irondrakes: reduced cost to 800, added “Burnt!” contact effect to projectile.
Irondrakes (Trollhammer Torpedo): Reduced cost to 900, added Bonus vs. large to projectile.
Bolt Thrower: added bonus vs large.
Organ Gun: increased range, tweaked reload animations to allow faster rate of fire and fire after turning.
Flame Cannon: range increased, added ‘Burnt!’ contact effect to projectile to reduce target morale.

Greenskins:
Wyvern mounts are now faster at 110 speed.
Grimgor: reduced base MP cost.
Skarsnik: increased health. His Tricksy Traps changed to hide units with stalk and unspottable for a short duration. Added charge defense against large.
Wurrzag: Major cost reductions to Wurrzag’s base mp cost. Warpaint of Wurrzag changed to a constant +11% physical resistance in a 40m radius.
Azhag – Skullmuncha: increased melee defense to 24.
Night Shroud: Changed to a spell that grants a unit stalk and unspottable.
Goblins & Night Goblins: added expendable
Night Goblins (Fanatics): increased damage for Spinning Loons ability.
Night Goblin Squig Hoppers: changed weapon strength to primarily armour-piercing, unit rebalanced accordingly.
Savage Orcs (all): reduced physical resistance to 25%.
Black Orcs: buffed and rebalanced to improve combat performance. Slight cost increase to 1150.
Orc Big’Uns: increased cost to 800, improved morale.
Savage Orc Big’Uns: increased cost to 900, improved morale.
All Orc Boar units have been rebalanced.
Trolls: Rebalanced for new entity counts, significantly more damage, small +2 increase to morale.
Squig Herd: now have rampage, Squigs Go Wild redesigned to just increase morale when enemies are close to the Squigs.
Doom Diver Catapults: Tweaks to accuracy and homing parameters.

Vampires:
Strigoi Ghoul King: increased melee attack to 54, charge bonus increased to 35.
Reduced costs of Corpse Carts and Corpse Cart mounts.
Heinrich Kemmler: increased weapon damage to 340, melee attack to 38, melee defense to 45.
Vlad von Carstein: Redesigned the von Carstein Ring to work as a one-use massive ward save ability.
Ethereal units: changed to 75% physical resistance, increased health.
Improved stats and cost of Zombie Dragon mounts.
Terrorgheist: rebalanced, major increase to melee damage and a reduced bonus vs. large.
Crypt Ghouls: +1 melee defense, +1 charge bonus, +2 ap damage.
Konigstein Stalkers: -50 cost.
Crypt Horrors: cost increased to 800. Stats rebalanced for new entity count.
Grave Guard: +2 melee attack,
Grave Guard (GW): +2 melee attack, +1 melee defense, +2 weapon strength
Vargheists: Stats rebalanced for new entity count.
Hexwraiths: Cost reduction to 1400, small increases to melee stats.
Mortis Engine: Reliquary Binding now only affects allies around the Mortis Engine.
Chillgheists: Removed magic resistance. Increased speed debuff of Chilling Aura to -36% (also applies to Claw of Nagash ability).

Bretonnia:
Pass on character armour values.
Hippogryphs now have less charge bonus and higher melee attack.
King Louen: Greatly reduced costs for non-Beaquis mounted versions, Beaquis is a lot stronger than other Hippogryph mounts
Fay Enchantress: reduced max uses for Chalice of Potions to 2.
Alberic: Increased Wrath of Manann power.
Peasant Mob: Added expendable.
Grail Relique: Removed magic resistance.
Grail Knights: Increased armour to 90 and other minor tweaks.
Knights of the Realm: Increased armour to 90 and other minor tweaks.
Royal Hippogryph Knights: Increased armour to 80, added Lady’s Blessing passive, increased melee attack and weapon strength considerably.
Mounted Yeomen (all): rebalanced to have their stats match their cost more accurately.

Warriors of Chaos:
Greatly improved Chaos Dragon mounts.
Small health increases to Manticore mounts.
Reduced missile resistance of Sarthorael the Everwatcher to 60%.
Dragon Ogres: rebalanced for new entity count. Increased damage and bonus vs. large.
Archaon: increased health for Dorghar.
Kholek: +20 melee damage, +5 leadership.
Chaos Trolls: rebalanced for increased entity count.
Chaos Trolls (Armoured): increased armour to 110. Rebalanced for increased entity count.
Chaos Spawn: rebalanced for increased entity count. Big increase to damage.
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: reduced leadership to 75, increased melee damage to 460. Small tweaks to melee attack, defense and charge bonus.
Chosen (All): increased leadership to 85, lots of small tweaks to stats.

Wood Elves:
Rebalanced Forest Strider attribute to +50% accuracy and +20% melee defense in forests.
Glade Lords: on Great Eagles and Forest Dragons rebalanced to match monster stats more accurately.
Forest Dragon: rebalanced stats to be in line with WH2 dragons.
Spellsingers: rebalanced on Great Eagles and Unicorns.
Increased Ancient Treeman weapon damage to 450, major reduction in cost and increased health to match Treeman.
Durthu: increased weapon strength to 470.
Orion: Added 3 max uses to Hounds of Orion and Hawk’s Talon.
Waystalker: made Hawkish Precision a free ability.
Branchwraith: Increased armour to 60 to match Dryads.
Dryads: Increased armour to 60 and made the unit more offensive in stat distribution.
Wardancers (Both): Increased entity count to 75.
Wardancers (Dual Swords): Added bonus vs infantry, reduced attack and weapon strength.
Wildwood Rangers: removed inherent bonus vs. large, now only gets a bonus vs. large in forests. Rebalanced accordingly.
Sisters of the Thorn: increased missile range and missile damage. Reduced weapon strength.
Glade Riders: increased missile range to 150, improved melee stats slightly.
Waywatchers: increased missile range to 190.
Deepwood Scouts: increased missile range to 180.

Beastmen:
Malagor: Icons of Vilification ability now buffs leadership rather than melee damage.
Morghur: Stave of Ruinous Corruption max uses reduced to 1. Spirit Essence of Chaos max uses reduced to 1. Spirit Essence now a passive that activates automatically when an enemy reaches under 20% health near Morghur.
Khazrak: Dark Mail now has an active phase duration of 32 seconds.
Bestigors: Increased entity count to 75 on large and rebalanced the unit accordingly.
Gor Herd (both): Rebalanced units. Clearer differentiation in role between the two. A lot of small tweaks to improve combat performance.
Gor Herd (Shields): Added Vanguard Deployment.
Ungors (All): Added expendable attribute.
Ungor Raiders: cost reduction to 425.
Ungor Herd: cost reduction to 400.
Minotaurs (all): Rebalanced for increased entity count. Tweaks to stats to offer better differentiatin between the 3 versions.
Razorgor Herd: Increased entity count, reduced cost, added rampage, other minor tweaks.
Centigors (all): cost reductions
Centigors (Throwing Axes): Increased missile damage.
Cygor: Slightly improved projectile accuracy.
Chaos Spawn: Rebalanced for increased entity count. Increased damage output.

I am...not a fan of them nerfing the crap out of Morghur like that. Especially because both of those changes are going to carry over to Campaign.
Not really happy about them turning Arclectors from tanks into cheap support lords, either.

Actually now that I look at it, they've gotten pointlessly cap happy in general. Orion has caps on both abilities even though he was never used and no other buffs, RIP. Fey Enchantress has reduced uses on chalice of potions even though she also basically dropped out of usage with the earlier nerfs, ect.

I do think most of the changes are good, but it wouldn't be a CA patch without baffling decisions.

madmac fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 25, 2017

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
The Beastmen look like they were buffed overall, and Morghur was always a crutch to make up for their shortcomings. If the army overall got better then it makes sense to nerf his previously 4000 free gold of Chaos Spawn. I'm actually pretty worried about beastmen getting really strong but it's too early to say.

The Arch Lector was pretty useless, really. Providing support buffs to the army should always have been his thing but he was too expensive and being a tanky man who doesn't kill anything was a dubious niche, so not paying extra gold for that is fine by me. Now that you can put a few pips of vet on empire troops more cheaply to increase their mediocre leadership, it might be viable to go for a large army instead of an elite one.

Orion as actually used in MP and his damage abilities were good vs Dwarfs in particular.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Are Hellpit Abominations bad or are saurus spears just good?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Did Sarthorael always have that insane missile resistance?

Because I remember him going down like a chump to a succession of cannonballs.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
It used to be 70%, they nerfed it to 60%. It stacked on top of his 25% magic resistance and made him almost unkillable by Wood Elves.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Sad that they’re capping some of the really unique lord abilities like Liber Bubonicus and Spirit Essence of Chaos.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

quote:

Dwarfs:
Thorgrim: Major increase to health, slightly increased melee defense to 62, major increase to cost, reduced charge to 20. Changed High King activation conditions.
Belegar:. Major reduction in cost. Increased melee defense. Rebalanced Revenge Incarnate, Mighty Oathstone, Hammer of Angrund.
Grombrindal: changed to the Rune Axe of Grombrinfal to buff ap melee damage rather than speed.
Ungrim: Doubled the bonus vs large effect of Axe of Dargo.
Runelord: increased weapon damage to 340.
Gyrobomber: can now move and fire.
Bugman’s Rangers: major increase to melee defense.
Longbeards (all): small increase to armour to 100, leadership increased to 80.
Slayers: cost reduction to 900
Hammerers: major increases to melee performance including higher weapon damage, armour, melee defense. Reduced cost to 1100.
Quarrellers (GW): cost reduced to 600.
Irondrakes (all): Increased entity count.
Irondrakes: reduced cost to 800, added “Burnt!” contact effect to projectile.
Irondrakes (Trollhammer Torpedo): Reduced cost to 900, added Bonus vs. large to projectile.
Bolt Thrower: added bonus vs large.
Organ Gun: increased range, tweaked reload animations to allow faster rate of fire and fire after turning.
Flame Cannon: range increased, added ‘Burnt!’ contact effect to projectile to reduce target morale.
-When they refer to cost of Legendary Lords, are they talking about multiplayer? Upkeep? What exactly?
-Ranger buffs are good. There needs to be a reason you'd roll with both, since Lords typically can only improve one or the other and Rangers already have less ammo and armor than Quarrelers.
-Gyrobomber getting fire on the move encourages you to actually take it, before the chaingun was an afterthought but I'd seriously consider taking these over Brimstone guns if they can harass routing enemies efficiently.
-Longbeard changes further encourage you to phase out Warriors in favor of them, previously it was a tossup whether the Ld bubble/Psych immunity was worth the cost increase to invest heavily.
-Finally Hammerers got significantly buffed, it might actually be worth taking a unit that is such a hassle to get, especially in contrast to Ironbreakers which are actually useful.
-Never bothered with Greatweapon Quarrelers, and with the new races there are more missile units than heavily armored units, so I see very niche applications to give up a shield for melee armor piercing.
-I thought Trollhammer Torpedoes already had Bonus Vs Large? Or did it just say that because it was a high damage/low RoF projectile? The increase in entity count is probably to give parity to warpfire throwers, although it is very welcome for Dwarves.
-Glad Bolt Thrower got something useful, it gets less skill based bonuses already and its only previous benefit was that it was cheap. Now I can see it as a practical econo-cannon serving a similar role with reduced effectiveness.
-Didn't the Organ Gun also get massive bonuses to per-shot damage? It was one of the units I was really looking forward to playing with in the Campaign, because it is great vs heavily armored clumps of units (Grave Guard, Black Orcs, Chaos Warriors, etc) making it practical to use often late game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot wait for my massive army of outrageously swole, poisonous, expendable goblins

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
The Dwarfs seem like they got way better, but if you want those sweet magic items you have to buy some extra ~1000 gold heroes. You can't take a dwarf lord, a thane, a runesmith with their magic gear and also a front line of longbeards and still have a large army. At least now there's interesting decisions to be made.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Panfilo posted:

-When they refer to cost of Legendary Lords, are they talking about multiplayer? Upkeep? What exactly?

Multiplayer

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Was reading through the 5th edition Dogs of War army book today, and in light of the discussions of trade goods I found this map somewhat interesting.

What's on the Dragon Isles? Is it the obvious?

e: Also there's a bunch of kind of racist sidebars that are pretty much written in Mario's Italian accent.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 25, 2017

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
It's not called the dragon isles because it's full of rabbits, son.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Mukip posted:

The Beastmen look like they were buffed overall, and Morghur was always a crutch to make up for their shortcomings. If the army overall got better then it makes sense to nerf his previously 4000 free gold of Chaos Spawn. I'm actually pretty worried about beastmen getting really strong but it's too early to say.

The Arch Lector was pretty useless, really. Providing support buffs to the army should always have been his thing but he was too expensive and being a tanky man who doesn't kill anything was a dubious niche, so not paying extra gold for that is fine by me. Now that you can put a few pips of vet on empire troops more cheaply to increase their mediocre leadership, it might be viable to go for a large army instead of an elite one.

Orion as actually used in MP and his damage abilities were good vs Dwarfs in particular.

I don't like hard capping active abilities in general, and the problem with Morghur is that the Chaos Spawn gimmick is all he has really, he's just a boring dude with Regen who now has the ability to do one cool thing per battle. Also the spirit essence nerf is huge he lost all control of the ability or capacity to use it tactically on top of it being capped at one so really he's just a guy who can push a button once per match and blah. Blah I say. They're pretty much just killing his abilities instead of balancing them.

I do agree that Arclectors were overpriced and useless, and they already sucked in melee to start with, which is why I don't see them needing huge stat nerfs to finally get their price down. Also aesthetically it just annoys me already that Warrior Priests have so little armor while running around in full plate so I'm not thrilled about the idea of Arclectors being similarly squishy.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I cannot wait for my massive army of outrageously swole, poisonous, expendable goblins

This is going to be incredibly annoying to fight against. On the other hand, Greenskin armies have a genuine chaff unit now.

I don't know why they nerfed Etherial units, given that they were pretty niche before. With improvements to magic, they have an even bigger weakness anyway. And you'd think Zombies would share the 'expendable' trait.

Making Zombies, Goblins, and Skavenslaves expendable encourages players to keep using these units late game even if they could afford better units. It gives them a role to maintain regardless of the situation you are in.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Mukip posted:

It's not called the dragon isles because it's full of rabbits, son.

Make it full of rogue armies filled with various kinds of dragons and sauruses.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Dragon Isles are most famous for having a bunch of feral wildlife, including lizardmen whose Slann got killed, so all the sauruses and skinks went feral and attack anyone who shows up, including other lizards

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Plavski posted:

I was initially pissed that with no RoR or tree updates I wouldn't be able to play WE or Chaos... but then I remembered that the time is ripe for Skarsnik to make his presence felt in the new world.

Boom, hype returned!

Duuuude skarsnik doing a Grom the paunch run is gonna be great

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Skarsnik being able to give Stalk in an aura around him is going to be hilarious with the Troll/Goblin synergy. Squads of Trolls backed by insane drug addicts suddenly appearing right in front your melee lines like the most improbable ninjas outside of Ogres.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

Are Hellpit Abominations bad or are saurus spears just good?

HPA's job isn't to poo poo on infantry it is to kill the other guys dragons, hydras and other super units.

Infantry units with anti-large will gently caress them up.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The Dragon Isles are most famous for having a bunch of feral wildlife, including lizardmen whose Slann got killed, so all the sauruses and skinks went feral and attack anyone who shows up, including other lizards

*sad music plays while a narrator is speaking over black and white photos of lizards*

"'... The problem's too big, what can I do?'. You can call World Vision. "

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Xae posted:

HPA's job isn't to poo poo on infantry it is to kill the other guys dragons, hydras and other super units.

Infantry units with anti-large will gently caress them up.

It's this and also Saurus spears are *really* good for line spears. They do a shitload of damage and will mulch cav and most monsters that get thrown at them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently the HPA animation fixes in the patch notes will make it better against infantry mobs

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

pnutz posted:

there was a post about 20 pages ago that I had to do something with.

No joke, that'd honestly be pretty loving awesome. Those Westwood Dune RTS games when I was younger were basically two steps and a decade off from being Total War, what with the battle map and all.

Also I asked before and didn't see an answer. Does anyone know if you have to set up the mods that everyone uses in a co-op campaign game before joining? Been checking around online and I didn't see any indication if you did or didn't.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Playing Chaos/Beastmen without the Regiment of Renown dlc is going to be like losing an arm.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Archonex posted:

No joke, that'd honestly be pretty loving awesome. Those Westwood Dune RTS games when I was younger were basically two steps and a decade off from being Total War, what with the battle map and all.

Also I asked before and didn't see an answer. Does anyone know if you have to set up the mods that everyone uses in a co-op campaign game before joining? Been checking around online and I didn't see any indication if you did or didn't.

You have to use the same mods in multiplayer, including co-op

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Kaza42 posted:

You have to use the same mods in multiplayer, including co-op

gently caress sakes. I was afraid of that. Guess that takes playing public matches with mods off the table then. Thanks for the info either way.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Archonex posted:

gently caress sakes. I was afraid of that. Guess that takes playing public matches with mods off the table then. Thanks for the info either way.

normally there is a steam or discord group if you want to use mods

there are quite a few of these

most people do vanilla though and always do co-op with friends, not strangers

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gamerofthegame posted:

Interestingly, no Araby province is on the [long campaign victory condition]

Way behind on the thread but :(.

Also I would absolutely play Dune: Total War, IF AND ONLY IF they just went ahead and ripped off the fantastic Dune: The Board Game.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Nerf Sandworms!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

If they called Araby something less blatant than "Araby," would it be less racist?

I just really wanna see One Thousand and One Nights the faction. Who wouldn't pay for flying carpet archers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aurubin posted:

If they called Araby something less blatant than "Araby," would it be less racist?

I just really wanna see One Thousand and One Nights the faction. Who wouldn't pay for flying carpet archers.

Is "Norsca" racist? It's the same level of blatant, surely.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I just love the concept of how diverse the battles could be across a massive grand campaign. You have the Holy Roman Empire fighting vampires and heavy metal vikings, French King Arthur uniting his people, secretly propped up by hippie elves that hide out in the nearby forest, squadrons of guys on magic carpets doing strafing runs on mummies tearing through the desert in chariots, terra cotta warriors dogpiling dragons, guys who hate wearing pants charging wooly mammoths into swarms of velociraptors while hairy stunted mole people fight a desperate bid to keep nazi rats and hulked out soccer hooligans from destroying their empire.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Panfilo posted:

I just love the concept of how diverse the battles could be across a massive grand campaign. You have the Holy Roman Empire fighting vampires and heavy metal vikings, French King Arthur uniting his people, secretly propped up by hippie elves that hide out in the nearby forest, squadrons of guys on magic carpets doing strafing runs on mummies tearing through the desert in chariots, terra cotta warriors dogpiling dragons, guys who hate wearing pants charging wooly mammoths into swarms of velociraptors while hairy stunted mole people fight a desperate bid to keep nazi rats and hulked out soccer hooligans from destroying their empire.

Don't forget the hungry fat cavemen who can only ride their mounts because they clubbed them over the head enough times and who regard their chefs as religious figures because they're so hungry

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I really want to see them go full crazy with the giant map in game three by including Cathay. Mostly because I want to see an even more fantastic version of Three Kingdoms China dropping giant tigers carved out of jade backed up by terra cotta warriors, etc. Just go full madness.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Just wait until they get all the minor factions in. Imagine what'll happen when you've got Middenland hulking the gently caress out with wolves and wolf priests and wolf knights like they're the loving Space Wolves from Warhammer 40k. All while the Atilla the Hun knockoffs that sit between Kislev and every incursion act as a neutral/Kislev aligned barbarian force. Meanwhile the vampiric Lahmians are up in the mountains using the elven intrigue mechanics to gently caress with factions and play them against each other while leeching soldiers and other stuff off of the overt nations. And that's just part of the northern Old World.

poo poo, some of this is already partially in. Someone data mined the map for the upcoming grand campaign and found that at least Lahmia is in. And there's no way it could go in without making an entirely new Vampire faction playable. Ditto for Ulric worship, which has had unique buildings and such since Warhammer 1 despite no apparent efforts to expand on them. And there's a huge tract of land just north of Kislev that'd fit well with a new barbarian settlement.

They'd better not gently caress this up, is what i'm saying.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 25, 2017

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Aurubin posted:

Araby is hardly more racist than the Empire, Brettonia, Cathay, Norsca, Ind or Nippon. All factions are basically just vectors for cramming regional fairy tales and stereotypes into neat flavorful packages. Araby and other warhammer factions are not racist due to the name or their fanciful unit lists but due to stuff like the lore portraying the denizens of Araby as untrustworthy hook nosed slavers who like all other "exotic" factions are wholly unimportant compared to the white peoples.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah the racist part is that all the playable humanoids are white and european. Also there are no black peple or native americans, just orcs and dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
To be honest, there were black people, I recall them being depicted as happy animalistic pygmies with blackface, so yeah...