Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing likable about the Mummy movie was the one time they accidentally released a trailer with no audio track except Tom Cruise screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Tbf you find it weird when anyone likes anything

thats not true it's just that no one has ever mentioned liking Tomba! for the PS1 in this thread

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs&t=45s

It needs to be seen to be believed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

quote:

The Mummy grossed $80.1 million in the United States and Canada and $329 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $409.1 million, against a combined production and advertising budget of around $345 million.[2][3] The film had a worldwide opening of $172.4 million, the biggest global debut of Tom Cruise's career.[46]

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I like Tomba but it was hard to find back when PS1 games where coming out and I only got it shortly after my PS2 which had weird emulation issues with it just randomly not loading the game past the developer screen so I never really played it like I wanted to.

Another game I would have never played if not for sick demos being a thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tombi is a good game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

I like Tomba

i don't find this weird at all

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Im having a good morning. I hope you enjoy games Cow cuz you sound always miserable. I enjoy Wayforward games so deal with it

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 25, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm having a good morning too and was having a good time talking about how lovely the tom cruise mummy movie was until your negativity made me feel bad, actually

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cowcaster posted:

i'm having a good morning too and was having a good time talking about how lovely the tom cruise mummy movie was until your negativity made me feel bad, actually

Well poo poo. I dragged us both down

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Tomba! is a great game. We need a remaster of that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would love a remaster but who owns the right? P sure that company who made it is dead

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Not to the extent of Warcraft but China saved the movie from being a total flop.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mariooo !!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sunning posted:

Not to the extent of Warcraft but China saved the movie from being a total flop.

yeah, it's amazing. it would've been $320 million in the hole without the international take, and with it still turned (a very small) profit

still it sounds like universal is slamming the brakes on that train before it gains any more momentum and thank goodness for that

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I would love a remaster but who owns the right? P sure that company who made it is dead

I mean they're both on PSN so presumably there was somebody to get the rights from.

Although I think Tomba 2 on US PSN was the Japanese version or something weird like that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, it's amazing. it would've been $320 million in the hole without the international take, and with it still turned (a very small) profit

still it sounds like universal is slamming the brakes on that train before it gains any more momentum and thank goodness for that

Tom Cruise is a huge international draw, even his floppiest movies usually break even because it's Tom Cruise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't understand why Tom Cruise would still get people to go to the movie theater in 2017, haven't people moved on

Now Com Truise, on the other hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYuh1WV6NAk

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tom Cruise is a very charismatic actor

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't understand why Tom Cruise would still get people to go to the movie theater in 2017, haven't people moved on

He's sex

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i did like edge of tomorrow well enough

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Edge of Tomorrow is the best video game movie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Live. Die. Repeat."

--From Software

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

me n the boys at the club

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What about Tom Kruse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQUhTW1mG-k

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
is the goon community for MGS 5 dead? i cant find anything anywhere

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a singleplayer game that's over 2 years old how big of a community do you expect there to be left

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also the metal gear thread glitched out and I don't think anyone's made another one yet.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you just have questions about the game and such ask away here, in the games chat thread, where we like to chat about games

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

it's a singleplayer game that's over 2 years old how big of a community do you expect there to be left

i like the online its fun

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

thats not true it's just that no one has ever mentioned liking Tomba! for the PS1 in this thread

Hey buddy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Waroduce posted:

i like the online its fun

yeah it's a shame, for the pc version (at least, i can't remember in the consoles fared better or not) the multiplayer launched something like 3 full months after the game itself, meaning even pretty slow players had more than enough time to play the game to completion and move on, so it was almost completely dead on arrival there. not sure if it took off more on consoles

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 25, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The MGS5 Online community is in hibernation, waiting to be awoken by the stealth zombie action of Metal Gear Survive

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The MGSV community died early, leaving a third of it unfinished

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Phantom Pain's MGO any more stealth focused than the one that came with MGS4

I like the idea of an online stealth game but from what I remember most people just played 4's MGO like a regular third person shooter (I think there was at least a cool mode where one person was Snake and they had to sneak around and take everyone else out)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Phantom Pain's MGO any more stealth focused than the one that came with MGS4

I like the idea of an online stealth game but from what I remember most people just played 4's MGO like a regular third person shooter (I think there was at least a cool mode where one person was Snake and they had to sneak around and take everyone else out)

It's pretty much the same as the previous MGO in regards to stealth and how people play it(and the lovely FOV and lovely p2p netcode)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The stealth can be kinda hit or miss but non-lethal stuff is heavily emphasized.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

com truise did music for hohokum!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fultoning enemies is funny, and desperately trying to save a teammate from being snatchered by shooting rockets at balloons is goofy fun. I didn't stick with the multi for very long at all though because I had already done a lot of FOB invasions which was a cooler online mode than normal shooter mode variants

• Locked thread