Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

iSurrender posted:

That graph says she has higher winrate at every experience level (including 1-50) than her aggregate winrate.

The number of times that players play a specific champion follows a power law, i.e. a lot more people play 0 or 1 or 5 games of Evelynn than 50 or 200 games of Evelynn. The bins that champion.gg use are so large that it wouldn't be surprising if her overall win rate was lower than any of the individual buckets, if most players play just a handful games with her and do relatively badly in them.

That said, I think that the Win Rate % By Games Played graph isn't limited to this patch, since it says "Current Season Ranked Experience", so most of its data is probably about the old Evelynn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, someone tell me if this is how things are supposed to work with leaving a game.

I get attempting to reconnect, it's hanging forever, I leave and try rejoining, it hangs forever.

After 5 minutes, I get a friend to log on in my place, he plays for about 1 minute and our team wins, since we were crushing it before I disconnected.

For the victory, he gets -19 LP and it wasn't a visual bug, it dropped the LP by 19.

Do you lose LP even if you reconnect after a lengthy leave?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Smol posted:

The bins that champion.gg use are so large that it wouldn't be surprising if her overall win rate was lower than any of the individual buckets, if most players play just a handful games with her and do relatively badly in them.

How are these bads dragging down the total winrate *more* than they're dragging down the winrate of their own bucket?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, someone tell me if this is how things are supposed to work with leaving a game.

I get attempting to reconnect, it's hanging forever, I leave and try rejoining, it hangs forever.

After 5 minutes, I get a friend to log on in my place, he plays for about 1 minute and our team wins, since we were crushing it before I disconnected.

For the victory, he gets -19 LP and it wasn't a visual bug, it dropped the LP by 19.

Do you lose LP even if you reconnect after a lengthy leave?
It sounds like they've changed LeaverBuster again, it didn't used to be that punishing if you made it back into the match

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Contact Riot Support

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's intended.

RiotBroporo posted:

If you're out of the match long enough to be marked as being AFK, you'll end up losing LP regardless of whether your team pulled through and won or not. If this weren't the case, more people would bail on ranked games knowing there's a chance of them still getting LP even if they weren't in the match.
Seems a little backwards to potentially punish people for returning to a game though, maybe you should only lose LP on a win if you don't come back? Or if you come back and win, you get severely reduced LP - or none, but you don't lose any either?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Seems like that's just going to make anyone who DC's not bother coming back at all.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Smol posted:

Galio is going to be loving busted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmrRWISURUI

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Look at the KDA ratio in that montage I think it's more likely a Diamond/Challenger players on the PBE trapt in normals with silver/bronze players than him being that broken

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

That's intended.
Seems a little backwards to potentially punish people for returning to a game though, maybe you should only lose LP on a win if you don't come back? Or if you come back and win, you get severely reduced LP - or none, but you don't lose any either?

Punishing people by dropping their MMR in the first place seems backwards, MMR is supposed to give you balanced matches it's not supposed to be a carrot on a stick. If you get disconnected, return later and end up winning the game you should get credit for that win, but you still should get punished for leaving.

Elman fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 25, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They'd rather people know that if they don't RC very quickly they'll lose the LP anyway to discourage people quitting, and then trying to game the system by RCing later to try and get the win LP

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

saying 'just gonna test something out here' as soon as the game starts is the best possible way to freak your entire team out. i do recommend it

"im really high which queue is this"

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

All I need to say is "sorry I've never played against that hero :(".

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Riot tells me I can halve my ping if I switch ISPs to one that doesn't exist where I live, cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vonnie posted:

Riot tells me I can halve my ping if I switch ISPs to one that doesn't exist where I live, cool.

i dont know how much i trust this tool since it tells me that i am getting 8 ping less than i get. not my isp. its reporting the ping from my most recent 10 games or whatever as a lower ping than i have ever gotten.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

I played old sejuani 1 time and it was unironically the least fun ive ever had playing league of legends

old sejuani and old gragas were some of my favourite guys to play in the jungle just because they had a real sense of weight and momentum and it felt great to lead the ults on both of them. the new sejuani feels much less fun to play, although new gragas is a happy accident where they took my favourite jungler and replaced it with a different but extremely cool champion

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Monicro posted:

I played old sejuani 1 time and it was unironically the least fun ive ever had playing league of legends

Same but actually the exact opposite.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

flying out the jungle and landing a max range ult with sejuani and watching the enemy react in horror as they realize they walked right into it was the most badass poo poo in league of legend

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

pog boyfriend posted:

flying out the jungle and landing a max range ult with sejuani and watching the enemy react in horror as they realize they walked right into it was the most badass poo poo in league of legend

this but also you have dfg

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah I've completely abandoned Sejuani since the rework. strong or not, she just isn't enjoyable to play anymore.

also re: champion.gg, that site has been broken for more than a year and all the stratified stats on it like item build win rates and win rates by player experience are garbage as far as I can tell.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Now I'm curious which champs you all have the most fun with, viability be damned. I know Quinn was popular with a small group around here previously.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

not the best edit but i wanted the world to know my frustration

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pog boyfriend posted:

not the best edit but i wanted the world to know my frustration

The wind blows powerfully and you think you can hear it whispering...

upgrade your loving trinket

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Less than 1cs a minute, no wonder

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i like new sej a lot more than the old one personally

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

The wind blows powerfully and you think you can hear it whispering...

upgrade your loving trinket

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Less than 1cs a minute, no wonder

do you guys work for riot cause you seem like some haters

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I have a lot of fun with Vi even though she's sub 50% right now.

Going for Greedy builds on Xin or Vi is fun in normals too. Like Red Warrior, Zerks, Trinity/Rageblade, PD, poo poo like that. PD passive and red smite is great for surprising duelists

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Radical posted:

i like new sej a lot more than the old one personally

Same, she's become one of my favourite junglers.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm broken cause I liked the old Zac. His new q is alright but I liked his old ult way better.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

duck trucker posted:

I'm broken cause I liked the old Zac. His new q is alright but I liked his old ult way better.

:same:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I haven't played either Zac really. Is new Zac still OP?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

I haven't played either Zac really. Is new Zac still OP?

He got carved down a ton with repeated nerfs. He's super exploitable in the jungle now and his early ganks, while still strong, aren't monstrous anymore. Stronger early game gankers like J4, Ezreal, and Nidalee entered the meta, as well, which helped to push him out.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's really hard to take this game seriously as long as ezreal jungle is an acceptable pick

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zac also struggles from the people who play him not always realising they shouldn't jump the enemy tanks to be right by your team's squishies.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Did they dumpster Hecarim at some point? He has dick for mana and huge CDs.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

FillInTheBlank posted:

Did they dumpster Hecarim at some point? He has dick for mana and huge CDs.

yeah he was yet another casualty of the 'nerf the champion and not just the OP item/mastery making them strong' approach, I think it was for courage of the colossus.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vonnie posted:

Now I'm curious which champs you all have the most fun with, viability be damned. I know Quinn was popular with a small group around here previously.

Lee Sin and Thresh. I’ve played enough Thresh that I can stomp normals with him and do okay in ranked, but my Lee is still atrocious

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Playing champs in roles they weren’t supposed to be in were my poo poo until Riot threw a fit and removed scaling on them. AP Zac, Malphite, and Sejuani were 👌🏼

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vonnie posted:

master yi, amumu, teemo, caitlyn, and karthus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

do you guys work for riot cause you seem like some haters

i criticised your cs on a spellthief support and you dare lump me in with a real poster. unbelievable.

• Locked thread