Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Jippa posted:

Did any of you get the boxed dvd version of this? My net is terrible and I can't download that much. Amazon just says "unavailable" with no other information.

Any ideas?

There is no DVD version. The 'physical' or 'boxed' version is just a key inside a dvd case shipped to you lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well there is a disc... a paper disc! :3: Had a good chuckle over it.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Applied to EuroSquid as kippa#2588!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Thanks for the info guys. Look forward to some goon groups this weekend. I'm on call so I'll be all up in that destinys

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ChiTownEddie posted:

There is no DVD version. The 'physical' or 'boxed' version is just a key inside a dvd case shipped to you lol.

gently caress.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
Dumb question: is weapon damage determined by its individual attack power or your overall light level?

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

Dumb question: is weapon damage determined by its individual attack power or your overall light level?

AFAIK Light Level doesn't matter in D2. But if it does, it's overall level and it's a small difference.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
26 efficiency in my first pvp match :mmmsmug:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Subbz posted:

AFAIK Light Level doesn't matter in D2. But if it does, it's overall level and it's a small difference.
It still does, but it's different than D1. Past 300 there's no difference right now. And you are still scaled in most places (like patrol areas) so you're not totally steamrolling everything, which is why it doesn't seem to matter much.

A long Reddit post about how it worked in D1:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3p52f3/light_levels_stats_and_how_they_affect_damage_in/

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Well there is a disc... a paper disc! :3: Had a good chuckle over it.

lol what the gently caress.. why bother

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
How does scaling work when I team up with my buds who lack the dedication and Kobayashi-like hunger for hotdogs?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

the good fax machine posted:

lol what the gently caress.. why bother

I find it loving mind boggling because it's such an environmentally damaging thing to do. Yeah yeah I know we consume all sorts of poo poo that doesn't help to no end, but there's something excessive about making a plastic box and sending it halfway across the planet just to give you a code. It's absurd.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Wait is Xur up this week?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I find it loving mind boggling because it's such an environmentally damaging thing to do. Yeah yeah I know we consume all sorts of poo poo that doesn't help to no end, but there's something excessive about making a plastic box and sending it halfway across the planet just to give you a code. It's absurd.

i mean if you're thinking about it this way how does slamming a plastic disc in there with some code on it that can be sent over the internet improve the situation exactly

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Hey, I've heard that all these clans are filling up. Feel free to come in to The Fallen Solution, got so your poo poo posting and group long needs.

quote:

The Fallen Solution
A clan open to all goons who like funny clan memes. The clan leader sexually identifies as Skolas, Kell Of Kells. Goons feel free to join if you want to drink heavily and shoot space men. Also dismantle mines... or die.
Discord
The Fallen Solution

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

Your character level and overall power level determine damage. Game averages all your equipped gear into a value and compares it to the power level of an enemy you're fighting, and gives a bonus or penalty based on who has the bigger number.

But keep in mind there's hidden difficulty scaling too. If you get all your gear up to 305 and head back to the EDZ, the fighting will be easier, but you won't be an unstoppable god. Your damage output will be very high but you'll take damage at roughly the same rate as when you were level 1. Bungie did this to avoid trivializing everything.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Dead Like Rev posted:

Wait is Xur up this week?

Xur show every week in friday. I don't think is cancelled or anything.

I think by friday most hardcore PC players will have enough fragments to buy everything in Xur stock.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

xzzy posted:

Your character level and overall power level determine damage. Game averages all your equipped gear into a value and compares it to the power level of an enemy you're fighting, and gives a bonus or penalty based on who has the bigger number.

But keep in mind there's hidden difficulty scaling too. If you get all your gear up to 305 and head back to the EDZ, the fighting will be easier, but you won't be an unstoppable god. Your damage output will be very high but you'll take damage at roughly the same rate as when you were level 1. Bungie did this to avoid trivializing everything.

It used to be anything after 5 light over your enemies level in TTK and RoI was useless, I would imagine something similar here.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
this game is awesome. Played a few hours yesterday, came on last night and i am banned for........something?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cimber posted:

this game is awesome. Played a few hours yesterday, came on last night and i am banned for........something?

Owch

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
has anyone found a fix for the frame stuttering happening after playing for about an hour? I tried different video settings but it keeps coming back, even though the frame counter never drops below 60, you can clearly notice something is wrong and only restarting the game fixes it.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

El Chingon posted:

has anyone found a fix for the frame stuttering happening after playing for about an hour? I tried different video settings but it keeps coming back, even though the frame counter never drops below 60, you can clearly notice something is wrong and only restarting the game fixes it.

In the beta, actual fullscreen vs borderless was the fix for me.

e: although this hasn't worked for everyone here

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Cowcaster posted:

i mean if you're thinking about it this way how does slamming a plastic disc in there with some code on it that can be sent over the internet improve the situation exactly

What if like they just showed u the code to enter in yourself

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Kobata posted:

I put one in here too.

Got ya and the other dudes who applied so far

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tomahawk posted:

What if like they just showed u the code to enter in yourself

the way i hear is that it's actually cheaper in terms of taxes for companies to print out codes on physical boxes than it is to distribute digitally

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

explosivo posted:

If I had one complaint so far it's that I never know which cliffs are okay to walk off and which ones are insta-death. I assume that'll become clearer to me over time but I died a few times in the intro as well due to this and then had a few moments where I truly didn't know where to go because the route to forward progress was down a drop that I assumed would be insta-death. Very weird.

"Time to double jump over this pit onto the tiny platform in front of the door!... Whoops I bumped against the wall therefore will slooooowly float backwards and back past the platform welp."

I thought console game were supposed to have better platforming than PC games :downsrim: Thank goodness for checkpoints because I richocheted off a corner into the abyss during one bit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I like the jumping in this game. Reminds me of Starsiege Tribes

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Section Z posted:

"Time to double jump over this pit onto the tiny platform in front of the door!... Whoops I bumped against the wall therefore will slooooowly float backwards and back past the platform welp."

I thought console game were supposed to have better platforming than PC games :downsrim: Thank goodness for checkpoints because I richocheted off a corner into the abyss during one bit.

It’s pretty fitting that the game opens with you missing a jump and falling into a canyon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I beat the campaign last night and the world still kept opening up

thats pretty neat

Im gonna try to get to 260 before I do too much more crucible and get my powerful gear engram tho

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So let's say I'm a little overwhelmed by the 80 different chat platforms goons are using (bnet/multiple discords/a million sub channels across discords, etc). Where, specifically do I go if I want to do some strikes/raids with goons? I'm in 2 Chill 2 Serious if it's relevant.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

eonwe posted:

I beat the campaign last night and the world still kept opening up

thats pretty neat

Im gonna try to get to 260 before I do too much more crucible and get my powerful gear engram tho

Grab your MIDA and pretty much any 450RPM AR and you'll be fine, buddy. :)

edit: those blue missions on each of the patrol zones!

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 25, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Karnegal posted:

So let's say I'm a little overwhelmed by the 80 different chat platforms goons are using (bnet/multiple discords/a million sub channels across discords, etc). Where, specifically do I go if I want to do some strikes/raids with goons? I'm in 2 Chill 2 Serious if it's relevant.

Overchill or main Destiny Goons discords. or just whisper at people who are at the right levels for those things

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karnegal posted:

just join a couple of the discords

its mostly different communities that wanted to play, so they're still using their discords

its not gonna make a huge difference

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Grab your MIDA and pretty much any 450RPM AR and you'll be fine, buddy. :)

edit: those blue missions on each of the patrol zones!

ty!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

AAB posted:

Overchill or main Destiny Goons discords. or just whisper at people who are at the right levels for those things

Is the in game clan roster working now? Yesterday my friend (also in 2C2S) and I were playing for most of the day and the roster never actually loaded in game when you clicked the clan tab.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Cimber posted:

Just curious, where you using any video capture overlay app? Fraps? etc.?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Terrific Accident posted:

It’s pretty fitting that the game opens with you missing a jump and falling into a canyon

They actually disable your sprint for that jump but in true Bungo fashion, it's not fully disabled. You get like half a second worth of sprint and then it stops. I thought the game had already broken somehow and was pissed

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the Clan roster is bugged for now, I can't see it either.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Can the Sunshot be upgraded to max level later on ? I got it at level 11 or so and absolutely love that thing, hope I can still use it at 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Is the in game clan roster working now? Yesterday my friend (also in 2C2S) and I were playing for most of the day and the roster never actually loaded in game when you clicked the clan tab.

Dreadwroth posted:

I think the Clan roster is bugged for now, I can't see it either.

Probably not yet. I think it has to go through a process of indexing and tieing together your chars + bnet logins + bungo logins together before they show up correctly. I'd expect that to start working late this weekend or next week.

• Locked thread