Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Can the Sunshot be upgraded to max level later on ?

hell yeah it can. whoops rear end all across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dvlos posted:

Just curious, where you using any video capture overlay app? Fraps? etc.?

No, i just had updated my video card drivers with the NVE. That has an overlay.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cimber posted:

this game is awesome. Played a few hours yesterday, came on last night and i am banned for........something?

According to the BDF you're a dirty cheater, as there's no way Bungie could have hosed up something in their first major PC release in years that was concurrently developed by a third party studio.

Maybe next time don't cheat!!!!

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Dreadwroth posted:

I think the Clan roster is bugged for now, I can't see it either.

Yeah it was like that yesterday night. Same thing happened on consoles the first week.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I can confirm Uriel's Gift still owns in PVP on PC same as consoles. I'd like to know how HCR would affect PC players, I have not being shot at with them yet.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Cimber posted:

No, i just had updated my video card drivers with the NVE. That has an overlay.

I have NVE running too but I never tried to record any video. Just curious if you recorded gameplay and then ended up banned like some reddit people are saying.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You should not do anything advanced in this game like record video or use an overlay because...Mr Bungie.

These are the guys who couldn’t get in game chat functions in their game. Please stay as primitive as possible or face the ban!!!!

(Pretty lame if it’s true they’re banning for video recording or whatever is pretty standard in 2017)

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
My video card software puts an fps overlay in the corner of my screen. Let's hope I don't get home from work to being banned

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

1stGear posted:

They actually disable your sprint for that jump but in true Bungo fashion, it's not fully disabled. You get like half a second worth of sprint and then it stops. I thought the game had already broken somehow and was pissed

And if you spam it you can move around at an awkward pace and get to some weird spots

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dvlos posted:

I have NVE running too but I never tried to record any video. Just curious if you recorded gameplay and then ended up banned like some reddit people are saying.

I actually did record some video now that you mention it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I did windowed full screen and adjusted the screen size slightly.

Yeah I’m taking the gamble. Putting it all on the line!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
They announced ahead of time which recording programs would be whitelisted, Nvidia shadowplay being one of them. I can't remember any others right now though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

All I gotta say is that it's pretty hosed up if Bungie really does have an automated system that can issue irrevocable, permanent bans and they just trust it. There should be a human at the end of that chain looking at an actual picture of the screenbuffer to see what triggered the automated ban before it becomes permanent. PCs have so much poo poo on them these days, it's an effort just to keep it off as a user that cares about that stuff and it's a battle Bungie can't ever win(and keep customers) if they're going about it this way.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

QuasiQuack posted:

They announced ahead of time which recording programs would be whitelisted, Nvidia shadowplay being one of them. I can't remember any others right now though.

I am wondering if they whitelisted a specific version of shadowplay and the upgrade changed it to another minor version number NOT on the whitelist. Automatic software notes that i have a discrepancy and boom, autoban.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

All I gotta say is that it's pretty hosed up if Bungie really does have an automated system that can issue irrevocable, permanent bans and they just trust it. There should be a human at the end of that chain looking at an actual picture of the screenbuffer to see what triggered the automated ban before it becomes permanent. PCs have so much poo poo on them these days, it's an effort just to keep it off as a user that cares about that stuff and it's a battle Bungie can't ever win(and keep customers) if they're going about it this way.

From the Ars Technica article discussing this:

quote:

Those who have been banned from Destiny 2 on PC, fairly or unfairly, may find it difficult to protest the move and get their account reinstated. "There are NO options to dispute or overturn account restrictions or bans," Bungie writes on its policies page. "Permanent account bans are only implemented with rigorous checking to ensure that the innocent are not punished alongside the guilty. Bungie does not comment on or discuss individual account restriction or bans."

So yeah... seems pretty lovely.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

HOW DO I TAKE A SCREENSHOT

Tei posted:

I believe the best weapons in PC can be a bit different, weapons that put the bullets where you aim will be prefered, perhaps. Uriel may be dependant how how much the aim is hosed up with a mouse. I am not saying Uriel will not be very good, but maybe on the PC the most popular weapons are slightly different. We will discover this soon enough :D

Tei misunderstands...

I use Uriel's for the noise and feel. Yes, shoots great bullets, but more importantly has good umami, texture, mouth feel.

Even on mouse and keyboard without vibrational feedback, feels "Chug"gy. I really like the Chugging.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Obsurveyor posted:

Also:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

El Chingon posted:

has anyone found a fix for the frame stuttering happening after playing for about an hour? I tried different video settings but it keeps coming back, even though the frame counter never drops below 60, you can clearly notice something is wrong and only restarting the game fixes it.

androo posted:

In the beta, actual fullscreen vs borderless was the fix for me.

e: although this hasn't worked for everyone here

Restarting the game resets the degrading performance thing once it starts happening. I don't know if its possible to prevent it.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

This game is fun and I like it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
There is no ingame guild chat, right? That sucks a bit.

So where does Europe Squid hang out?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Eezee posted:

There is no ingame guild chat, right? That sucks a bit.

So where does Europe Squid hang out?

Yeah that seems like a strange omission. I was really confused when /clan did nothing.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Sigh I guess I'll disable shadowplay when I get home just to be 'safe'

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Cimber posted:

I actually did record some video now that you mention it.

I actually wrote about this on my blog last night after Obsurveyor noticed all the threads popping up all over the place. According to Bungie's own support rules for Destiny 2 PC though, Nvidia's Shadowplay recording and AMD Relink are the only things allowed for recording in exclusive full screen mode. Then on twitter Bungie's PC lead guy is like that would never happen, its internet bullshit.

It's crazy as hell, I don't see how Bungie can't reverse their ULTRA BAN HAMMER stance if recording apps get you banned. :colbert:

EDIT:

ChiTownEddie posted:

Sigh I guess I'll disable shadowplay when I get home just to be 'safe'

I did the save because I'm paranoid and may actually like this game :v:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I've never been the slightest bit paranoid about getting a VAC ban for regular and common software running on my computer such as graphics drivers, Discord and streaming software. This has made me slightly worried but more for friends and others than myself. I've always tried to keep overlay crap out of my computer because it has often messed with stuff it shouldn't(Unity, blender, anything with a 3D view that isn't a game).

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dvlos posted:

It's crazy as hell, I don't see how Bungie can't reverse their ULTRA BAN HAMMER stance if recording apps get you banned. :colbert:

Like i had said above, i woudn't be suprised if they had whitelisted a specific version of the software, so shadowplay 1.4.11, and during my driver upgrade shadowplay upgraded to 1.4.12. OOPS, not compliant version, get the gently caress out!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Cimber, where'd you get your key for the game? Maybe a big batch of Nvidia promo keys got stolen and double-sold or something

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

wyoak posted:

Cimber, where'd you get your key for the game? Maybe a big batch of Nvidia promo keys got stolen and double-sold or something

purchased on battlenet.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cimber posted:

Like i had said above, i woudn't be suprised if they had whitelisted a specific version of the software, so shadowplay 1.4.11, and during my driver upgrade shadowplay upgraded to 1.4.12. OOPS, not compliant version, get the gently caress out!

I was running shadowplay last night and I'm not banned (yet). I turned it off though just in case.

Also question, is anyone else getting random crashes? I'm not on an AMD CPU and the game crashes every thirty minutes to an hour. It really loving sucks because I have to I keep having to restart missions and poo poo. I can't find any fixes besides running the battle.net app repair util which I've done a couple times or updating drivers which I've also already done.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I hope you guys are enjoying this game

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

limaCAT posted:

I hope you guys are enjoying this game

I played a few hours and I am. Thanks Cat. Hope you are having a similar experience!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
If anyone doesn't know about it, there is a pub group finder to grind poo poo out:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tSort=1&tType=0&d=3&tg=Recruitment%20BattleNet%20UpForAnything&lang=en

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Despera posted:

Does nobody talk over voip? I keep saying hello to people and no responses

There's no proximity chat with strangers in public spaces, only optin chat in pvp and strikes. If you are in a fireteam however chat will work with your friends.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Obsurveyor posted:

I've never been the slightest bit paranoid about getting a VAC ban for regular and common software running on my computer such as graphics drivers, Discord and streaming software. This has made me slightly worried but more for friends and others than myself. I've always tried to keep overlay crap out of my computer because it has often messed with stuff it shouldn't(Unity, blender, anything with a 3D view that isn't a game).

There is no protesting, Obsurveyor. You cannot repeal or petition the VAC Ban. There is nobody to answer your customer service question here. :cb:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Waffle House posted:

There is no protesting, Obsurveyor. You cannot repeal or petition the VAC Ban. There is nobody to answer your customer service question here. :cb:

What if I offered gaben this cool knife he's never seen before? Would he look then?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also, most important tip that probably hasn't been mentioned in the PC thread yet: if RNG gives you a fighting lion, read the perk text super carefully. It looks like a grenade launcher but if you use it like one you will end up super sad.

If you use it like a meat tenderizer prior to punching the poo poo out of everything, it's a lot more fun.

Murder Noveau
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe death is a gift.
Are there any open clans? The links on the front page are all full. I've got a group of three, myself included, that are playing and we're very chill and enjoy hot dogs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Obsurveyor posted:

What if I offered gaben this cool knife he's never seen before? Would he look then?

<laughs in microgambling>

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Republicans posted:

Whew, got the campaign done and now at 227. About when do token bags stop giving power upgrades, 265?

Yes, then they will trail your power level. Basically keep the best gear on your character inventory and decode powerful engrams (you get a handful of those from activities and some from your clan).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Was it Engrams I should be saving to crack open until after hitting 20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

El Chingon posted:

has anyone found a fix for the frame stuttering happening after playing for about an hour? I tried different video settings but it keeps coming back, even though the frame counter never drops below 60, you can clearly notice something is wrong and only restarting the game fixes it.

I found turning on mouse smoothing fixes it enough so it wont give me a headache, but its still laggy feeling. It works in a pinch if you are in a mission or crucible.

• Locked thread