Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Seamonster posted:

As I have a good amount of mats on nonseasonal, will cube re-rolling give me the updated version of an item changed in the patch, i.e., blade of prophecy? I want to dick around a few builds while nothing really matters.

No, re-rolling will not update a legendary to the new stats. You can craft it via upgrades, or gamble it, but re-rolling will not work.

Dameius posted:

What's the bug?

1. Have deathwish in cube or equiped
2. Cast Arcane Torrent - Death Blossom
3. After you cast AT: DB once, you are granted a permanent 4.25x bonus from Deathwish and can now unequip it and use something else, until you die or create a new game.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mewse posted:

The free set for DH this season is Nats so.. have fun with that.

They didn't buff it sufficiently?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

mewse posted:

The free set for DH this season is Nats so.. have fun with that.

One of the starter videos is where I got the idea, its basically that you get the dagger immediately upon hitting 70 and you can jump straight into T6+ because you can FoK or impale for more than enough damage even if you have poo poo else, and just build from there. I think it showed how to progress right into Nats but I cant remember offhand. I'm sure you can do other, similar stuff with other classes but it looked like a good start for me, someone mostly bad at Diablo.

EDIT: It was bloodshed when I was looking up starter guides: Basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbyWTggaTPU into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jSPk7rZbg

Rinkles posted:

They didn't buff it sufficiently?

No it just buffs the poo poo out of RoV, which requires a ranged weapon IIRC.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 25, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

bio347 posted:

There's no new items, or even old items with new powers. Just updates to already existing ones.

Gotcha, thanks!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mazz posted:

No it just buffs the poo poo out of RoV, which requires a ranged weapon IIRC.

I was wondering if there was the added implication of Natalya's set still being underpowered.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Rinkles posted:

I was wondering if there was the added implication of Natalya's set still being underpowered.

From how a lot of it reads, its better but I don't think it carries into the higher stuff that well, so you still end up swapping into better sets once you start getting those options. But again nobody has really torn it apart yet so who knows for sure.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm sure Nats with lightning RoV for one shotting everything on the screen in T13 will be great though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Blizzard likely to raise the Torment level any time soon?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mazz posted:

One of the starter videos is where I got the idea, its basically that you get the dagger immediately upon hitting 70 and you can jump straight into T6+ because you can FoK or impale for more than enough damage even if you have poo poo else, and just build from there. I think it showed how to progress right into Nats but I cant remember offhand. I'm sure you can do other, similar stuff with other classes but it looked like a good start for me, someone mostly bad at Diablo.

I guess my post was kinda bitchy because Nats is my least fav DH set. It looks like it just got a 7x dmg boost tho so you should be fine, esp since you've researched it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Maybe in next year's D3 Blizzcon announcement.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't even remember if I dislike Nat's or not because it's been two years since anybody has used it seriously.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Possible, though it would be the third time they've had to do it. It's gone from a cap of six to ten, and then to the current thirteen. That's not even getting into the old days of Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno or the Monster Power settings that acted as the precursors to the current torment level.

I wouldn't expect a raise this season, but I wouldn't be shocked to see an increase next season.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Dicking around off-season with the new patch, what should I reroll here?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Seamonster posted:

As I have a good amount of mats on nonseasonal, will cube re-rolling give me the updated version of an item changed in the patch, i.e., blade of prophecy? I want to dick around a few builds while nothing really matters.

It did not for me. Small Man's Finger was one of the updated items, and it rerolled with the old affix, which is apparently 200% damage instead of 500-600%. Looks like I have to find/make a new one. :(

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The difficulty levels paint a mirrored mural and to fully mirror it you have room for up to t15 iirc

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Left Ventricle posted:

It did not for me. Small Man's Finger was one of the updated items, and it rerolled with the old affix, which is apparently 200% damage instead of 500-600%. Looks like I have to find/make a new one. :(

Yeah, you cannot just 'cube reroll' legendary items to get updated orangetext. You actually need to have the item drop again.

Good news is you should have plenty of mats in nonseasonal to play with to upgrade yellows if you want to go that path.

Also cubed items are automatically updated in the cube.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

1. Have deathwish in cube or equiped
2. Cast Arcane Torrent - Death Blossom
3. After you cast AT: DB once, you are granted a permanent 4.25x bonus from Deathwish and can now unequip it and use something else, until you die or create a new game.

It just occurred to me that this sounds, mechanically, pretty similar to the anniversary legendary gem bug/exploit that the hot patched during that season (was that s9? 10?).

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
What other builds have similar durability to invoker crusader? I played on mine earlier and the buffs to the set and extra paragon levels from last season pushed me 10 GR levels higher than my previous best. I tried the elements set with shenlong weapons monk last season and I wasn’t impressed.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Soloed GR80 in 9 minutes with no deaths in my uliana's gear. Cray-cray

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Double Goblins for a few days before S12 starts (according to Leviathan):

https://twitter.com/leviathand3/status/923944867910311936

I didn't see anything in the official Blizzard twitter yet, but they are usually slow.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 27, 2017

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Oh man I hope that applies to Vault runs, I have so many puzzle rings to burn

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I guess it is official since Blizz responded to someone that commented at how useless this is since it's during non-season.

"This is intentional. We want to explore doing events again, but we don't want Seasonal players who miss the events to feel as though they are at a disadvantage because they couldn't play during an event.

So for now, we're experimenting with running events in between Seasons. This will, in the future, potentially effect Era leaderboards, but that's also an additional way to continue differentiating between the two modes."

Edit: The fact that they bold "Treasure Goblins" makes me think this will be much less useful than I thought it would be.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 27, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

I bet this is the special announcement they were saving for blizzcon :laugh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DrSeRRoD posted:

Edit: The fact that they bold "Treasure Goblins" makes me think this will be much less useful than I thought it would be.

What were you thinking?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What were you thinking?

All goblins including gilded barons and menagerist

e: rainbow?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mewse posted:

All goblins including gilded barons and menagerist

Oh yeah, it'd be pointless if it's just regular treasure goblins

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, double Gel gobs, Blood gobs, etc.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
"Kill 1000 treasure goblins to unlock a pet that will automatically pick up all death's breath for you."

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Anyone have an issue with Diablo 3 freezing up during startup after Windows 10 fall creators update and/or latest geforce driver update?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The couple other times there was a double goblin even it affected all types of spawns, but I don't think menagerists were in the game back then so that's a question mark.

I'd much rather a "Rainbow Goblins are more common than Gibbering Gemstones and Princess Lillian actually exists" event :mad:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

"We want to help you stretch your muscles and get prepared for the latest patch with a special in-game event—double Treasure Goblin spawns! Each time you encounter a single Treasure Goblin, they’ll be hanging out with a buddy whose bags are overflowing with all your favorite treats and treasures.

This Double Goblin event will begin in the Americas region on November 6 at 5:00 p.m. PDT, and ends on Thursday, November 9 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.

Note: This buff does not affect the number of goblins encountered via a Bandit Shrine, Goblin “Rift” packs, or in the Realm of Greed."

It's still confusing because they're all treasure goblins, but there's one specifically called a Treasure Goblin. I think we may get twice of all types, since I'm pretty sure that's how it was before. For you Cosmic Wing farmers, remember that only one portal can be open per game, so unless they make it auto-close like the vault, the 2nd rainbow goblin will be useless.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
For this season I will play Barbarian.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I played a lot of D3 on my Mac, but I rarely use it anymore, and was kind of considering picking up D3 on the PS4 for some couch co-op and other stuff. Is there anything I'd be missing out on? Did seasons (or later patches) ever make their way to console?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I played a lot of D3 on my Mac, but I rarely use it anymore, and was kind of considering picking up D3 on the PS4 for some couch co-op and other stuff. Is there anything I'd be missing out on? Did seasons (or later patches) ever make their way to console?

It took a while but the console version is now identical to PC Diablo 3 except with sweet co op features. So play away

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kak posted:

Anyone have an issue with Diablo 3 freezing up during startup after Windows 10 fall creators update and/or latest geforce driver update?

I just got both of those things so I'll fire up the game later and let you know.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've been working on my Barbarian a bit and having some fun rolling around with 6-pc Might of the Earth and 4-pc Immortal Kings.
I'm not sure how far I'll get with it (before I have to go to Icy Veins and get the real MotE gear), but it's great so far.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played around on NS for a little while with the new omega gangsta Frozen Orb build. Cleared GR95 pretty easily and I'm sure it could go much higher than that. Very safe and tanky, kind of curious why they didn't buff any of the other Arcane Orb runes since Frozen is so much better now. I wish Wizardspike procced more often, watching a volley of ice balls spinning around the screen never gets old.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I forgot to check yesterday but I just was able to putz around on newest Windows and Nvidia patches, am using a 1070 for reference.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is Maurader really bad now? Finished GR80 in 11 minutes while UE takes about 4 with comparable gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bamhand posted:

Is Maurader really bad now? Finished GR80 in 11 minutes while UE takes about 4 with comparable gear.

Post your build.