Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Since there's talk about Treasure Hunt, I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone that it had one of the most bangin theme tunes of the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEV5bVDb9m8

Oh, and Kelly Brook's biggest moment of stardom was I believe when she was a love interest for a season of that Superman teen show Smallville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Comrade Fakename posted:

Since there's talk about Treasure Hunt, I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone that it had one of the most bangin theme tunes of the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEV5bVDb9m8

Oh wow, I haven’t heard that in so long, and yet my memory filled it all in once it started. It is really good, and feels like they threw everything in. Synth drums! Full orchestra! CHURCH ORGAN!

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Does Electric Dreams get better? Enjoyed the 2nd more than the 1st but probably will just stop there if it doesn't get better, only sticking with it because I feel there must be something to it to get such a good cast.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Now I’ve seen Blade Runner 2049, the 1st episode of Electric Dreams feels like a school play version of it.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Annabel Pee posted:

Does Electric Dreams get better? Enjoyed the 2nd more than the 1st but probably will just stop there if it doesn't get better, only sticking with it because I feel there must be something to it to get such a good cast.

They’re all separate and screenwritten by different people, so will be very variable.

I’ve watched none of them yet, but will at the very least watch the one with Bryan Cranston.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Leyburn posted:

Red Dwarf was really funny and the hitler actor was hilarious.

Yeah, I know a lot of goons disliked the last series, but I'm enjoying the revival.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve been waiting for the Star Trek-esque episode to come up, and then I remembered that’s the upcoming episode of Black Mirror.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Thanks to this thread I watched the whole of season 5 of Taskmaster and it was amazing, so thanks for that, thread.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

wooger posted:

They’re all separate and screenwritten by different people, so will be very variable.

I’ve watched none of them yet, but will at the very least watch the one with Bryan Cranston.

We watched The Commuter, and I found Timothy Spall's new lighter look detrimentally distracting.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

HopperUK posted:

Thanks to this thread I watched the whole of season 5 of Taskmaster and it was amazing, so thanks for that, thread.

I've got to ask, did you ever complete Streaker or is it just in your avatar and you don't know what it is?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Where did they film the breadcrumb task in the latest Taskmaster? It looked like Mexico.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Taear posted:

I've got to ask, did you ever complete Streaker or is it just in your avatar and you don't know what it is?

I never completed it but I spent hours and hours on it as a kid. Got to trousers, I think.

e: WAIT NO! There was definitely a long-sleeved shirt of some kind.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I want to see ashlyn bea naked and task master owns
Bob is the funniest man on the planet
Thank you

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

goatface posted:

Which was the one with Annika Rice chasing people in a helicopter?

What happened to Anneka Rice anyway? As a kid I saw the Challenge Anneka lorry on the road and screamed with delight. Loved seeing whether she’d complete that community centre on time.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

Where did they film the breadcrumb task in the latest Taskmaster? It looked like Mexico.

Looked like a fairly standard heath to me. I have memories of many painfully boring family walks.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bape Culture posted:

Bob is the funniest man on the planet
He is incredible OP

Lemon
May 22, 2003

His banana film was amazing. As was his Wotsits fil.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

HopperUK posted:

I never completed it but I spent hours and hours on it as a kid. Got to trousers, I think.

e: WAIT NO! There was definitely a long-sleeved shirt of some kind.

Do you remember if in your game the Library was all blue? I've always always wondered if my game was just bugged and uncompletable and there's no way to find out anywhere!

quote:

Sally philips' films are the best though.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Taear posted:

Do you remember if in your game the Library was all blue? I've always always wondered if my game was just bugged and uncompletable and there's no way to find out anywhere!

Sally philips' films are the best though.

I don’t think so! If you search YouTube for ‘streaker spectrum’ you can watch a whole playthrough someone recorded though. I think the library was blue with white foreground.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rondette posted:

We watched The Commuter, and I found Timothy Spall's new lighter look detrimentally distracting.

I saw him in The Journey and it was very strange. He had a sort of uncanny valley look, maybe. I don't think anyone in that movie looked like the people they were playing but more of an effort seemed to have been made to make Spall look like Paisley, which just made it stand out all the more.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

HopperUK posted:

I don’t think so! If you search YouTube for ‘streaker spectrum’ you can watch a whole playthrough someone recorded though. I think the library was blue with white foreground.

Thanks for that! Mine was just solid blue, I always wondered if it was just a bug and I guess the answer is yes!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Isn't there one more Taskmaster left?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Enjoyed Gunpowder but wow Liv Tyler got old.

thehustler posted:

Isn't there one more Taskmaster left?

YES.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Enjoyed Gunpowder but wow Liv Tyler got old.

YES.

Haha, I watched that thinking, that woman looks like a doughy Liv Tyler, how odd.

Also found that execution scene deeply unpleasant, nearly turned it off at that point.

Also Robot Wars, Behemoth finally got through!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Annabel Pee posted:

I jumped straight in at The Commuter (episode 3) and enjoyed it. I was confused for a minute around the midpoint, but really enjoyed how at the end we didn’t hang around to see it all go wrong, just know it will.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rondette posted:

Also Robot Wars, Behemoth finally got through!

I like all the robots.

Except that one. gently caress that one. Boring-rear end tanky poo poo.

(gotta hand it to them though, that was a solid win)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Man I really miss Fearne Cotton on TV

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This teen psycho nonsense on Ch4 right now is woeful what the hell

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

She was on Celebrity Juice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

She's got a voice like a cat scraping claws on a blackboard

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Lemon posted:

Went to two recordings in this series (which is shot in the same stage we filmed Red Dwarf in, weird to be back in there). I've seen Bob live with Vic before but there's something really special about him doing Taskmaster as some sort of beloved uncle of comedy. You can tell he enjoys doing it. if you can get tickets to go to recording I recommend it, the nights are always really good, and if you're in the front row the guests are really chatty to you (especially Bea). Greg Davis is loving hilarious in person, too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
There seems to be no thread for it in the movie forum, I expect because it's not on a wide release in the US right now, but I want to say Death of Stalin was incredible, and everyone absolutely killed it. Jeffrey Tambor and Steve Buscemi are as good as you would think, Jason Issacs steals scenes as much as you would expect from the trailers, but Michael Palin needs special mention for being utterly incredible. Paul Whitehouse was also more prominent that I expected and got to look like he belonged there among that cast.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah I really want to see it. The trailer kind of turned me off but then I wouldn’t think most Iannucci projects suit the trailer treatment.

I didn’t like In The Loop much though. It felt clever but a bit soulless.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

It's a lot better than the trailer, which I thought was a bit crap too. It's good, but Iannucci gets a bit too reverential towards the horror of it all towards the end and there's only a few good jokes. Are we supposed to care what happened to Stalin's daughter? Or is it just more farce?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The latest Mr Biffo might be the best parody of cheesy straight to video Alien knock offs ever.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:siren:New series of Man Down on C4 tonight :siren:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

josh04 posted:

It's a lot better than the trailer, which I thought was a bit crap too. It's good, but Iannucci gets a bit too reverential towards the horror of it all towards the end and there's only a few good jokes. Are we supposed to care what happened to Stalin's daughter? Or is it just more farce?

I found all the accents in the trailer a bit jarring. I guess maybe it’s supposed to reflect the fact that the USSR is ginormous and probably has like a million different regional accents but it felt pretty startling to hear such a variety of (I presume) the actors’ own accents, especially in such a choppily edited stretch of footage.

And don’t get me wrong, I very much prefer this to having all these English-speakers affect an embarrassing Russian stereotype. I expect you stop noticing it in the movie itself.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ineptmule posted:

I found all the accents in the trailer a bit jarring. I guess maybe it’s supposed to reflect the fact that the USSR is ginormous and probably has like a million different regional accents but it felt pretty startling to hear such a variety of (I presume) the actors’ own accents, especially in such a choppily edited stretch of footage.

And don’t get me wrong, I very much prefer this to having all these English-speakers affect an embarrassing Russian stereotype. I expect you stop noticing it in the movie itself.

I hope the film is released in Russia. I'd like to see how they dub it, with impressions of those historical figures, or just go with whatever suits the actors in the film better.

In the Russian release of Red Alert 2 they had impressions, and it was hilarious.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

ineptmule posted:

I would have assumed that trying to portray the ethnic diversity of the USSR would have been something they would have been trying to avoid, given the can of worms it would open. People might wonder why they chose such a pale white guy to play Mikoyan, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

She's got a voice like a cat scraping claws on a blackboard

Sorry, that was a late april fools.