Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh ok phew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I don't know how old this is, and there's no gif thread, so for lack of a better place to post this:

(stolen from imgur)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

I called for him to get benched by name in the last page tho dont wanna beat a dead db

It was a poor attempt at humour, not a dig at you :)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Little known fact, if it weren't for cheating and refs the NY Jets would be 16-0 every year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Little known fact, if it weren't for cheating and refs the NY Jets would be 16-0 every year.

Somehow they still miss playoffs too huh?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Little known fact, if it weren't for cheating and refs the NE Patriots would be 0-16 every year.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Finger Prince posted:

I don't know how old this is

October 13, 2013. Here it is with Yakety Sax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ygWLzS2u8

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

There are more gifs of Brady's teammates ignoring his high fives than of any other player in history. They must really be sick of his anti tomato agenda.

Nov 6, 2002

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah that fog made for some pretty rear end pictures

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The super low camera angle it forced them to run kinda owned too. I wouldn’t want it all game every game but it was cool/terrifying seeing defenders come flying in head-on and up close.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The nfl is very badly presented on tv imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While it was kinda neat to get the different camera angle, was the fog also bad for those stuck in the nosebleed section?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Docjowles posted:

The super low camera angle it forced them to run kinda owned too. I wouldn’t want it all game every game but it was cool/terrifying seeing defenders come flying in head-on and up close.

I think it could be a cool gimmick for certain games or parts of certain games maybe? Like cut to that more often on Thursday Night Football maybe?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

While it was kinda neat to get the different camera angle, was the fog also bad for those stuck in the nosebleed section?

Most likely

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

You can't see a drat thing in the upper level of Gillette anyway.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The lighthouse is supposed to guide you through the fog

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

I was at the game in a relatively close seat and it was fine from there except when the action was on the opposite end of the field. It was pretty bad from higher up, though.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I kinda wish the NFL would experiment with just putting the camera behind the QB for a game. That way you can actually see routes develop and the TV audience would get to see the total play and not just the offensive and defensive line.

On the other hand it would produce way more armchair QBs screaming "HE'S OPEN" whenever a guy gets an inch of separation.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Football viewing in the near future should include:

Stream any game online
Switch between cameras as you see fit
A cheer button I can mash that pumps extra crowd noise into the stadium

Nov 6, 2002

Alternate audio feed, sans announcers.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Alternate audio feed, sans announcers.

Unplugging the center channel makes watching so much better.

Nov 6, 2002

How great would it be to choose between audio of either sidelines? Put the broadcast on a 30 second delay and give me that. I'd pay extra for it.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

How great would it be to choose between audio of either sidelines? Put the broadcast on a 30 second delay and give me that. I'd pay extra for it.

UFC has audio feeds from the fighters corners if you watch through their site, and it owns.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't get you people that hate announcers so much. You have the opportunity to hear Jon Gruden wax philosophical about how the Lord Jesus Christ makes Carson Wentz good at throwing the football and you choose not to take it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to hear a pro jets announcer get an aneurysm on a bad play instead of a neutral commentator telling me i gotta hand it to so and so.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Tony Romo is a really good announcer and I like him :allears:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Real hurthling! posted:

I want to hear a pro jets announcer get an aneurysm on a bad play instead of a neutral commentator telling me i gotta hand it to so and so.

Jets New Announcer: Joe Beningo.

I would pay US dollars to have access to that.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I don't get you people that hate announcers so much. You have the opportunity to hear Jon Gruden wax philosophical about how the Lord Jesus Christ makes Carson Wentz good at throwing the football and you choose not to take it?

The TNF, SNF and MNF crews are all pretty good this season. But the afternoon guys are at best forgettable and at worst completely inane.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The TNF, SNF and MNF crews are all pretty good this season. But the afternoon guys are at best forgettable and at worst completely inane.

A lot of the afternoon crews kind of suck (Greg Gumbel), but most of them are still basically inoffensive and do a good job relaying officiating explanation or personnel packages or whatever.

Ian Eagle is the best play-by-play in sports, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets are just good enough to blow winable games every week.

They are also going to keep throwing McCown out there to go 4-12 or 5-11 for no reason.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 30, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I guess a 49ers 2nd is almost a first round pick

That said maybe the patriots should at least have a backup qb given that their secret qb is injured.

Nov 6, 2002

This seems like a bad plan.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Dear football Gods now is the time for you to strike....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This seems like a bad plan.

It's a great plan.

If they sign Kaepernick, best plan ever.

If they sign Hoyer, ehhh, whatever.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

It's a great plan.

If they sign Kaepernick, best plan ever.

If they sign Hoyer, ehhh, whatever.

if they sign Kaep it would be great but only to listen to the absolute meltdown WEEI callers have, and how they struggle to talk about how Kaep just isn't the right fit and 'can't learn the offense'

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cousins to the Jets just got much more likely.

BUG JUG posted:

if they sign Kaep it would be great but only to listen to the absolute meltdown WEEI callers have, and how they struggle to talk about how Kaep just isn't the right fit and 'can't learn the offense'

Boston is a racist hellhole.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

:toot:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

mcmagic posted:

today i caught someone calling in to a show talking about how Cam, and Watson, and Kaep just aren't good NFL QBs because they just can't seem to 'grasp a pro system' and they come out of 'spread offenses in college' unlike all those white qbs that play spread offenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

nobody's disagreeing

• Locked thread