Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I like Bug Mane, I don't know what to tell ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Well, don't tell us that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I slept through his stream because I live on the east coast :(

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Warms my heart to fly in from Portland to LA for a concert only to find people talking Doughboys in line.

Seriously though, what the gently caress?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

double spoilerzz

holy poo poo the meeting nick spilled coffee at over a year ago was the boys meeting with netflix to sell a doughboys travel show... and netflix said they wanted it. apparently the person who bought it left netflix and the new person who came in did not want to continue any of their projects in development.

there was an episode where they mentioned having just come back from a meeting about a deal that fell through, that was in reference to this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would it just be doughboys except you get to see them eat the food

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It would be Diners Drives-Ins and Dives except there are two of them, they hate each other, and they'd never leave LA.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

It would be Diners Drives-Ins and Dives except there are two of them, they hate each other, and they'd never leave LA.

By Season 2 only Nick does the location shooting segments, and has to bring leftovers to Mitch's apartment.

Where he would complain about having to do the show, while endorsing his paycheck on-camera.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m twenty minutes into this week’s Double, and it feels like a fight is brewing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

double spoilerzz

holy poo poo the meeting nick spilled coffee at over a year ago was the boys meeting with netflix to sell a doughboys travel show... and netflix said they wanted it. apparently the person who bought it left netflix and the new person who came in did not want to continue any of their projects in development.

there was an episode where they mentioned having just come back from a meeting about a deal that fell through, that was in reference to this.

JethroMcB posted:

By Season 2 only Nick does the location shooting segments, and has to bring leftovers to Mitch's apartment.

Where he would complain about having to do the show, while endorsing his paycheck on-camera.

This is everything I want and I'll never see it :(

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
It probably would have been disappointing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nick said he thought the pilot they made was actually really good, and he seems to hate almost everything comedic that he's ever been involved in. so maybe it would've been great.

susser brought up that the famed "fight" episode happened right after they got the first signs that the deal was gonna fall through. sad story :(

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ultimately I don't think the show would have done well - there's only room for one "doh" boy on TV and his name is homer.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The Susser speech was hilarious. Also he’s 100% right that the show is not quite as good since moving to Mitch’s apartment.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bug Mane needs to deliver the opposition's response to the State of the Podcast address.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Why did they not try to sell the show elsewhere?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

n8r posted:

Why did they not try to sell the show elsewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Yr5MmpI4w&hd=1

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/RicFlairSEXBOT9/status/921106126950883328

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I haven't had time to listen to this week's episode yet, but Mary Holland is always great. Should be pretty good.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

It's funny!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The idea of Mitch standing near the racoons loving and pointing them out to random passers by had me laughing a lot. He's such a doofus and I love him.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Mary listened to the soundtrack of Medieval Times (which she purchased) while driving to work there. This might be my new favorite origin story.

Edit: Raccoon ‘doggy-style’

Edit 2: I agree with this sentiment:

/r/Earwolf Comment posted:

Oh cool Mary Holland has a neat cool boyfriend. Super cool for them im really happy about it. Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 20, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what are your guys' favorite episodes for mitch's rationalizing his awful work ethic and consistently terrible decision making?

i like the tournament of chompions chicken fight mcdonalds vs panda express where mitch tries to argue that it was actually fran gillespie's fault that he only gave her 2 hours notice to eat for the podcast. he also tries to blame nick for it.

also the second in n out episode where mitch didn't book a guest for the final week of his "sinister six" gimmick and he goes off on a long rant about how hard it was for him to book guests for 6 weeks. he also blames wiger for this.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

what are your guys' favorite episodes for mitch's rationalizing his awful work ethic and consistently terrible decision making?

i like the tournament of chompions chicken fight mcdonalds vs panda express where mitch tries to argue that it was actually fran gillespie's fault that he only gave her 2 hours notice to eat for the podcast. he also tries to blame nick for it.

also the second in n out episode where mitch didn't book a guest for the final week of his "sinister six" gimmick and he goes off on a long rant about how hard it was for him to book guests for 6 weeks. he also blames wiger for this.

any episode where mitch says he was 20 minutes late for something, then nick says well actually you were almost 40 minutes late, and then mitch is like well yea but I only left 20 minutes late, the traffic was worse than I expected

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also just listened to the episode from a few weeks ago where it takes mitch 3 minutes to find the drop he wants to play, then the drop ends up being the seinfeld theme in it's entirety

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

little munchkin posted:

also just listened to the episode from a few weeks ago where it takes mitch 3 minutes to find the drop he wants to play, then the drop ends up being the seinfeld theme in it's entirety

Nick tells him not to worry about it, Mitch goes crazy, nick does an entire fake drop, Mitch keeps looking, finally finds it, and it’s literally the worst drop I’ve ever heard played in the history of the show. That was the perfect drop segment

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

little munchkin posted:

any episode where mitch says he was 20 minutes late for something, then nick says well actually you were almost 40 minutes late, and then mitch is like well yea but I only left 20 minutes late, the traffic was worse than I expected

That is absolutely my favorite Mitch move, to have the tone and indignation of "I was absolutely not late!" but what he says is "well there was kind of a reason i was late"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BUTTS

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/923243702759198720

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I made a trip for Endless Shrimp this year, thanks to Rocklobsterfest 2016. Interested to hear how they fared, because even though I went in extremely hungry I only finished 6 dishes and like 35 shrimp total - not counting the Shrimp Linguini Alfredo, which had a ton of tiny shrimp in it, but those didn't really count/leave me with tails to count at the end of the meal. The linguini was good as hell, but the pasta and cream sauce are heavy hitters that will stop your run in its tracks.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
it's so loving bizarre how red lobster, the multinational sit-down casual seafood chain, manages to be Actually Good

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m cautiously optimistic, but a shrimp-eating competition sounds like a miserable podcast experience for everyone involved.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Know Such Peace posted:

I’m cautiously optimistic, but a shrimp-eating competition sounds like a miserable podcast experience for everyone involved.

BRING OUT THE GABRUS

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

i am hoping they keep it super simple and podcast friendly, like they put on hour on the clock and then whoever eats the most shrimp over that time wins. just carry on with regular podcast antics while mitch and hayes pound back shrimp, the other two having admitted to not being good at eating.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm so excited for Wiger to eat 3 shrimp and then complain of a tummy ache the entire time.

I love my Boys [Hollywood]

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I doubt they will do on-air shrimp eating - the inconvenient wrinkle of Endless Shrimp is that, after your first two entrees, each additional order has to be placed individually. (If you have a good server, they can goose the system by saying "Well now that your refill order is in, can I know what your next refill will be?") So there can be a lot of downtime.

Also they'd have to be sitting there in the restaurant with a Zoom and 4 microphones, and Yusong and/or Dustin waiting in the wings.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Good point. I doubt they were confident enough to bring a full recording setup to a sit-down chain.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The following sports bars were reviewed during sports bar theme month

1. Yard house (not a sports bar.)
2. ESPN Zone (Disneyland theme restaurant but technically a sports bar.)
3. Medieval Times (not a sports bar, barely a restaurant)
4. Red Lobster (not a sports bar)

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

Know Such Peace posted:

Good point. I doubt they were confident enough to bring a full recording setup to a sit-down chain.

I don't know if that's the word I would use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Hoping for another classic Mitch meltdown after he somehow loses this