Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Please don't grind for medals. :ohdear:

Alternatively..... grind the metals. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The glowing scooty puff Jr mount is amazing but I don't know that doing ~360 FATEs in a week is worth the suffering.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I went through all of the trouble to get it and then rode in it once and completely forgot I had it.

I don't think it was worth it, in hindsight, though some of the Legendary Weapons look alright.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They did, it's called "Unsync"

:laffo: if you think that's gonna stop people from wiping to Nael Meteors over and over again.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I got all the pets and the weapons I thought looked cool, and that I would use, and I stopped. I'm never going to use the glowy sperm mount, so I didn't stress myself out trying to get it. I don't like to do content that makes me stressed out or angry.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I went through all of the trouble to get it and then rode in it once and completely forgot I had it.

I don't think it was worth it, in hindsight, though some of the Legendary Weapons look alright.

The Whisper-Go-Go mount is one of the best mounts (and the Whisper-Go mount too) since they're so small and don't take a large amount of screen space.

Big mounts can gently caress off.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Renegret posted:

your debuffs are listed first and have a green number.

You can turn off other people's debuffs and have it set so that it only displays your own, but it gets a bit confusing if you're sharing a party with someone who can overwrite yours, like warrior and ninja with the slashing debuff.

I dunno about Ninja but for Warrior and Dragoon both of their debuffs are part of their standard rotation anyway so I'm not super concerned about that

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My take on Yokai: Don't do it. At least not the whole thing. That way lies madness.

Pick 5 or 6 of the weapons that you think look the coolest, get them and then (regular) scooty-puff-junior on outta that poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:laffo: if you think that's gonna stop people from wiping to Nael Meteors over and over again.

5 posts above your first one

Nael is a little harder to unsync because you* can still really easily gently caress up the meteor placements and they're unskippable.

*Royal you = clueless pubbies

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Speaking of dragons, I wonder when/if they're going to do anything with Tiamat. Seems like a waste to just leave her sitting in a forgotten corner of the map mourning/self-flagellating for eternity.

I asked about this earlier, but it seems aside from the Moogle quests, we don't get to hear much more out of her atm, and you can't directly speak to her either.

Personally I'm wondering if we'll might have an expansion that explores what was once Meracydia, or perhaps do some Full Anime Cheer-Up where we help Tiamat Get Her Groove Back and go someplace cool. We still don't know much, if at all about Middy's last two kids.

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Does Surecast actually prevent your cast meter from being interrupted now?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rastan Beeza posted:

I asked about this earlier, but it seems aside from the Moogle quests, we don't get to hear much more out of her atm, and you can't directly speak to her either.

Personally I'm wondering if we'll might have an expansion that explores what was once Meracydia, or perhaps do some Full Anime Cheer-Up where we help Tiamat Get Her Groove Back and go someplace cool. We still don't know much, if at all about Middy's last two kids.

A Meracydia expansion would be pretty interesting given that it’s, according to the lorebook, an almost totally uncharted semi wasteland whose inhabitants attack foreigners on sight because their last experience with outsiders was the war caused by Allag.

So, Australia.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I thought the Azim Steppe was Australia.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's pretty clearly mongolia.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Azim Steppe is Mongolia.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What? No. Stop being dumb. :colbert:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's the Calm Lands from FFX

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I thought the Azim Steppe was loving radical, and I wish they would give me a reason to go back there other than taking in the scenery.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CeallaSo posted:

I thought the Azim Steppe was loving radical, and I wish they would give me a reason to go back there other than taking in the scenery.

There is like a 100% chance we're going to get some questline involving rear end in a top hat Redditor Auri Dude hooking up with Explosion Death Queen.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The only problem with Azim Steppe is that it's kind of cluttered with that giant goatse bowl taking up so much real estate. Fix that bridge in the east and give me a vast plain to ride my horses in.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I wish the Azim Steppe was bigger. Just quadruple its size.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

giant goatse bowl

I am a goatse connoisseur and I don't understand how the dawn throne corresponds

is there a ring

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Captain Oblivious posted:

A Meracydia expansion would be pretty interesting given that it’s, according to the lorebook, an almost totally uncharted semi wasteland whose inhabitants attack foreigners on sight because their last experience with outsiders was the war caused by Allag.

So, Australia.

Imagine, every single swimming and lakeside swarming with jellyfish Aurelie that slaughter you like the Nabrooi did to Pubbies during the first few days of Dravanian Hinterlands. :getin:

You thought that empty fishing spot was safe? Guess again, shitlord!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I would play real mogstation cash for one of the normal non-supernatural horses everyone uses in the Azim Steppe that plays the Azim Steppe background music when you ride it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

unseenlibrarian posted:

I would play real mogstation cash for one of the normal non-supernatural horses everyone uses in the Azim Steppe that plays the Azim Steppe background music when you ride it.

...so you can marry it?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Mostly I just want the Azim Steppe music available on demand when I'm outside!

(It is already available inside once I grind up centurio seals to buy the thing.)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

I am a goatse connoisseur and I don't understand how the dawn throne corresponds

is there a ring

On like every one of the fingers that surrounds it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Azim Steppe is basically the Archylte Steppe from FFXIII. A bit bigger, just as flat but with even less to do and the big cool thing to look at is a building instead of a turtle you can kill.

It's not so great, but the story lines were probably SB's best.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Mordiceius posted:

I wish the Azim Steppe was bigger. Just quadruple its size.

Swap the sizes of the Azim Steppe and the Coerthas Western Highlands imo. Plus, then they have room to shove more weird and wonderful Xaela tribes in.

I actually really appreciate Coerthas West's bleakness; it's quite appropriate considering how the plot of the game's going at that point in time, and it has a lot of interesting stuff hidden away in it. But going across it gets really old after a while, even after you unlock flight.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

On like every one of the fingers that surrounds it.

clearly i do not sufficiently appreciate xaela culture

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gaming needs to step away from bigger is better as a whole. Kugane's not very big, but it is very good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The underwater areas in FFXIV, especially the Ruby Sea, are so loving weird. They are goddamn huge for areas that have almost nothing in them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ImpAtom posted:

The underwater areas in FFXIV, especially the Ruby Sea, are so loving weird. They are goddamn huge for areas that have almost nothing in them.

Don't forget that Sui-no-Sato has remained secret for centuries due to the magic of hope-no-one-looks-down.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Gaming needs to step away from bigger is better as a whole. Kugane's not very big, but it is very good.

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like The Lochs is being the biggest waste of space in the entire game. It's this gigantic area, and it has like half a dozen sidequests (and MSQ obviously) in it. And almost all of those are in a band between Porta Praetoria and the Ala Mhigan Quarter! Besides aether currents, I can think of one sidequest (the one with the returning refugees from Little Ala Mhigo) that involves going to the northern half of the area.

Idle plot speculation: Given what we know about how sidequests work, namely that anyone that hands one out can't be killed or the game breaks horribly...well, let's just say I wouldn't be investing in real estate in that area any time soon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I taught a WHM the 3x Holy thing in EXDR today! And they listened and said they liked it! :yayclod:

Thank you for teaching it to me, Mr. Nice, I seriously can't wait to get Holy on my WHM now because I want to do that poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want to edit alec baldwin's abc chalkboard to always be casting holy

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think the main problem with the Lochs (and Azys Lla for that matter) is that they are only relevant for half of one level so putting in a ton of side quests would have been kind of pointless. It's less an issue of zone design than issue of scenario design. I think if you got into those zones halfway through 58/68 there would have been a lot more effort put into breathing life into them.

Well, I guess the Lochs also has the issue of being visually and structurally boring.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I really like a lot of the lochs and I think they could do some interesting stuff with it. There's a lot of verticality that I think is cool, the tombs up at the north of the map and all the ruined castle architecture scattered around are interesting and I actually think the huge sunken area is cool thematically, but there's kind of nothing in any of it. Even the enemies are pretty boring outside of those guys that are just a head and hands above the sand. Hopefully we get some more content there eventually, although I felt almost exactly the same way about Azys Lla and we only got the warring triad and the anima guys hanging out at the entrance so that's not a great sign.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

What? No. Stop being dumb. :colbert:

But making dumb posts on SA that I regret later is my thing. :smith:

Concurred posted:

It's the Calm Lands from FFX

That's what it reminded me of. I don't know why I was thinking of Gran Pulse.

CeallaSo posted:

Well, there is the Dataq Chronicles FATE chain. If you can bribe about 7 other players into staying to do the whole thing. Took me about a month before I managed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think the best thing about Lochs is the music which might be one of my favourite zone themes.