Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

SickZip posted:

Its not too ironic. Young men tend to have no problem with stereotypes or negative portrayals if it makes them seem metal and badass as hell. I was in the Marines and everyone loved Full Metal Jacket while rolling their eyes at American Hero type media. The locus of outrage in a modern Generals release wouldnt be Average Arab Teenager who would probably be too busy lol'ing at melting people with Anthrax

Gimme battle rabbis riding on Golems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Party Elite put out a very good Araby ideas video. In spite of her name, I think Jasmine Silverveil sounds like a pretty dang cool LL, always up for more ladies. I think her and the Golden Magus sound like solid picks. Maybe have him start out down in those desert areas near Teclis and have him focused on making money or something while Jasmine is focused on uniting Araby. Maybe you could have the Great Sultan and have him carried around on a palanquin kind of like Thorgrim and his bodygaurds do all the actual fighting while he buffs nearby troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfkTSpLY2XU

The big problem with Araby is that I think CA said they wanted every new faction to start with 4 LL's which sounds kind of insane. B ut even without that they're pretty pressed for space with how compressed that part of the map is in the game.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

in the mean time, there is a pretty amazing Araby mod in the works for Warhammer 2, check out this showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9NbuohIDk

Man, I'd forgotton that melee for older TW armies were usually literally just 3 different spear guys. I have no idea how they're ever going to go back from Warhammer. Nothing else even compares in terms of creativity and versatility.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Barent posted:

Old thread title back please, this one is bad

also kindly clean up the unfunny shitpost that is now the OP, thanks

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people keep bringing up the 4LL thing but im fairly sure they just said they would do 4ll instead of campaign packs. so factions like bretonnia, norsca or chaos that werent campaign packs would still not release with 4

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

New Butt Order posted:

There isn't a video game in existence that wouldn't be improved by doing this.

Felt like Gone Home kinda jumped the shark when a bunch of Boyz invaded and ransacked the house in the final 1/4.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Davincie posted:

people keep bringing up the 4LL thing but im fairly sure they just said they would do 4ll instead of campaign packs. so factions like bretonnia, norsca or chaos that werent campaign packs would still not release with 4

They might want to start managing expectations then because... nah, gamers would find some other thing to rage about anyway, gently caress em

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Vargs posted:

Felt like Gone Home kinda jumped the shark when a bunch of Boyz invaded and ransacked the house in the final 1/4.

In fairness I felt they had some refreshingly progressive views on LGBTQ matters, it was just expressed poorly.

Orcs don't care about girl bits or boy bits. Because they're mushroom people or something.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

rockopete posted:

They might want to start managing expectations then because... nah, gamers would find some other thing to rage about anyway, gently caress em

lol they have been trying but gamers don't read and are dumb as hell

check out the steam forums where pinned posts are often ignored

or check out SA some time when people don't read OPs or the last page or the post above theirs

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

or check out SA some time when people don't read OPs or the last page or the post above theirs

nobody should be subjected to the current OP

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also it's not like there's tons of games with a Chinese or Generic Middle Eastern People campaign

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

New Butt Order posted:

There isn't a video game in existence that wouldn't be improved by doing this.

...Digital Combat Sim: A-10 WAAAUUUGHHHHHH.

A fully detailed A-10 Cockpit and flight model, at the start of a mission if you take too long to get the plane started a bunch of greenskins come and you have to beat them away with a VR Warhammer without trashing your dials.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

...Digital Combat Sim: A-10 WAAAUUUGHHHHHH.

A fully detailed A-10 Cockpit and flight model, at the start of a mission if you take too long to get the plane started a bunch of greenskins come and you have to beat them away with a VR Warhammer without trashing your dials.

Now I just want a Deff Skwadron game. :sigh:

E: How has GW not tried to crowfund a game by selling jpegs of 40k spaceships. Call it...Warp Denizen.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 25, 2017

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mordja posted:

Now I just want a Deff Skwadron game. :sigh:

E: How has GW not tried to crowfund a game by selling jpegs of 40k spaceships. Call it...Warp Denizen.

GW are retarded. News at 11.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nephthys posted:

Man, I'd forgotton that melee for older TW armies were usually literally just 3 different spear guys. I have no idea how they're ever going to go back from Warhammer. Nothing else even compares in terms of creativity and versatility.
I tried and it's impossible if you're not a history buff or unless you really miss settlement/siege battles.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Shogun 2 is still good by virtue of accepting that there's only like 20 units max and just rolling with it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Eela6 posted:

Gimme battle rabbis riding on Golems

Wait till the next Radius mod for the Rabbit Golem Blessing of the Lady Waagh Chariot Etherial Regenerating Banana Fanna Fing Fong units.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Please keep current title and OP forever TIA.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm just glad that I could have some small contribution to this thread

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

V for Vegas posted:

:yeah:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

V for Vegas posted:

That way someone can make a better thread for Total Warhammer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Seriously though, Emperor: Battle for Dune 2 when????

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This isn't April first so can the op please change it back to the original.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

StashAugustine posted:

this is an argument for amazons right

Don't they literally eat their men or some other horrible thing in Warhammer?

TWC and Reddit would have a stroke.

Sounds like a good reason to add them in to me. :unsmigghh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Seriously though, Emperor: Battle for Dune 2 when????

hell yeah

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Nephthys posted:

Party Elite put out a very good Araby ideas video. In spite of her name, I think Jasmine Silverveil sounds like a pretty dang cool LL, always up for more ladies. I think her and the Golden Magus sound like solid picks. Maybe have him start out down in those desert areas near Teclis and have him focused on making money or something while Jasmine is focused on uniting Araby. Maybe you could have the Great Sultan and have him carried around on a palanquin kind of like Thorgrim and his bodygaurds do all the actual fighting while he buffs nearby troops.

Given Jasmine is an entirely fan-made character for the Warhammer Army Projects book, can pretty safely say we won't be getting her. In fact a quick google search shows she's a model from an entirely different miniature company, so yeah she's completely off the table.

I'd wager we'll get Jafar, The Golden Magus, and Al-Muktar. Don't think the four LL's thing is set in stone, more so when CA is dealing with pretty limited content.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Given Jasmine is an entirely fan-made character for the Warhammer Army Projects book

are you sure about that?

I am finding posts from 2013 that mention her and araby

EDIT: lol yah ok, they did this back in 2010

https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer-armies---araby_20100908_224711

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 26, 2017

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A half hour video of speculation based off a fan book, what a loving waste of time

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The Chad Jihad posted:

A half hour video of speculation about a video game, what a loving waste of time

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Hell yeah, Black Arks not adding to supply line effects makes them way more valuable. You still need to babysit them sure, but they'll still be worth pumping out. That basically means that instead of just raiding with the Arks directly like I'd hoped, they just trail around behind your raiding armies which works almost as well.

e: High-loyalty dilemmas with rewards too, neat.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Archonex posted:

Don't they literally eat their men or some other horrible thing in Warhammer?

TWC and Reddit would have a stroke.

Sounds like a good reason to add them in to me. :unsmigghh:

Nothing was ever stated about what happens to men with the Amazons. Unknown if they just stay at home while the women go out and fight, if the women murder men, or what. They aren't exactly a prominent part of the setting and never got details beyond "badass violently xenophobic jungle warrior women who live in lizardmen ruins, have some lizardmen stuff, and the lizards seem okay with them."

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Allow me to expand on the differences between canon w/r/t armybook editions and its bastard cousin, "fanon". You see-

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Nothing was ever stated about what happens to men with the Amazons. Unknown if they just stay at home while the women go out and fight, if the women murder men, or what. They aren't exactly a prominent part of the setting and never got details beyond "badass violently xenophobic jungle warrior women who live in lizardmen ruins, have some lizardmen stuff, and the lizards seem okay with them."

Also have thinly veiled 40k lasguns and bolters

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

StashAugustine posted:

Also have thinly veiled 40k lasguns and bolters

Those were more a Warriors of Chaos thing, IIRC. Amazons had some borrowed Lizardmen lasers.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Back in the day when 40k was reaching it's zenith Warhammer was retconned to explicitly be in the 40k universe, at least for a hot minute.

The planet was at the center of The Maelstrom, a big chaos tear in space, the collapsed polar gates were Webway entrances and Sigmar was one of the missing Primarchs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can't wait to test this out

quote:

Night Goblins (Fanatics): increased damage for Spinning Loons ability.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Third World Reggin posted:

I can't wait to test this out

The AI already uses this ability to pretty devastating effect. They can trigger the ability at once across multiple units and dissolve chunks of your charging line

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ammanas posted:

The AI already uses this ability to pretty devastating effect. They can trigger the ability at once across multiple units and dissolve chunks of your charging line

I use the pause function for this sort of thing in critical battles. It's especially fun when you line up a few things you want to happen simultaneously, like a cavalry charge combining with other units/debuffs or a net combined with a heap of spells/abilities/ground targeted fire from multiple sources. It's always fun to give a plan to all your guys, then hit play and watch it unfold while you go :smug: as hard as you can.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Come on CA, it's been the 26th for almost 12 hours now. I want my patch!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gitro posted:

It's 2am here I'm sure someone will flick the go switch as soon as the office is open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

Gitro posted:

Sorry, friend! You are going to have to wait... 13 more hours. :(