Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

THIS time my sexism is okay because...

"...cambodian women aren't actually people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

really y'all low grade segregationism is among the least of sam bee's counter-revolutionary crimes

List em fam

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Falstaff posted:

If you think that's me blaming Clinton for Kissinger's crimes, then you need to improve your reading comprehension, friend.

It is though, you just think it's okay because FEEEEMAAALEESSS.

Like, almost all of you are irreparably broke-brained about Hillary Clinton and I'm going to beat it out of you so you don't drag down every other female politician the same way. I get that most of you were raised by conservative trash and were spongy-brained little kids when the Clinton propaganda machine got up and rolling, but you're adults now. Time to grow up.

Ze Pollack posted:

"...cambodian women aren't actually people"
Literally exactly the literal exact loving thing I'm talking about, you gigantic piece of poo poo. Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with Cambodia. She is a different person than Kissinger. Women are not responsible for the crimes of every man they've ever met.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 26, 2017

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

She has two X chromosomes.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Like, almost all of you are irreparably broke-brained about Hillary Clinton and I'm going to beat it out of you so you don't drag down every other female politician the same way. I get that most of you were raised by conservative trash and were spongy-brained little kids when the Clinton propaganda machine got up and rolling, but you're adults now. Time to grow up.

the part of growing up where you learn why Henry Kissinger is good, actually is my favorite part

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My apologies, I'm a little oversensitive about the howling moron demographic and reflexively lumped you in.

That's fine, I get that tensions can get high. No harm done.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Tiny could you, for like maybe five seconds, consider someone's point without shouting sexism like a right wing caricature of a democrat and address people's actual arguments rather than what you imagine they're saying.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

How do you explain left-leaning people supporting Warren, but not Clinton?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ze Pollack posted:

the part of growing up where you learn why Henry Kissinger is good, actually is my favorite part

Maybe if you took a split-second break from jerking off to lynching videos you could get your loving eyes checked and maybe see if that helps your reading skills.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

How do you explain left-leaning people supporting Warren, but not Clinton?

The gently caress even is this post. MWAHA, FE-MALES all being identical, I have cannily cornered you into my cunning trap! Twas your vagina that led you astray!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Please, tell me more about how I was raised.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Tiny could you, for like maybe five seconds, consider someone's point without shouting sexism like a right wing caricature of a democrat and address people's actual arguments rather than what you imagine they're saying.

do you even go here

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

sirtommygunn posted:

Yeah the sexism is the problem so you boo-hooing about me saying the S-word isn't going to accomplish much, sorry boyo.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Koalas March posted:

do you even go here

I've been lurking mostly, guess I should do it more.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Literally exactly the literal exact loving thing I'm talking about, you gigantic piece of poo poo. Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with Cambodia. She is a different person than Kissinger. Women are not responsible for the crimes of every man they've ever met.

regrettably, Hillary Clinton disagreed with you

or does the Henry Kissinger endorsement she so earnestly sought only come with Kissinger's good accomplishments, like [ERROR FILE MISSING], and none of that pesky "firebomb the women and children until the charred earth is all that is left to beg for mercy" baggage

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The gently caress even is this post. MWAHA, FE-MALES all being identical, I have cannily cornered you into my cunning trap! Twas your vagina that led you astray!

Your argument seems to be that all criticism directed against Clinton is on account of sexism. People aren't really saying that Clinton should stop being friends with war criminals because it's a real position they hold, they just hate women. If that's the case, why isn't that sexism universal?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

So are you for real or are you a right-wing gimmick poster?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Have you guys figured out what you'll slander Tammy Duckworth with the minute she has the temerity to run against a comfortingly patriarchal white man? Don't limit yourself to her gender crimes, remember there's a fun racism angle you can work too. Hell, why not some ableism!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Chomskyan posted:

So are you for real or are you a right-wing gimmick poster?

tb had some nice posts in misogynoir i liked to read, so i doubt she's a right-wing gimmick poster. it's unfortunate she's decided to act like this

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Have you guys figured out what you'll slander Tammy Duckworth with the minute she has the temerity to run against a comfortingly patriarchal white man? Don't limit yourself to her gender crimes, remember there's a fun racism angle you can work too. Hell, why not some ableism!

TB are you familiar with who Tammy Duckworth ran against

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

They've already deemed her a centrist, a crime far worse than being a republican.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What does the meek and docile Hillary you all require say about any issue? "Russian interference is cool and good"? If you don't like a woman she's no longer allowed to have any opinions about anything? Building cages where there's no way a woman can turn that lets her escape being attacked by you is one of the clearest signs of sexism.

Oh wait wait I know, "Hillary shouldn't say anything ever." Because half a century of experience still doesn't earn her the right to step out of the kitchen. Y'all pindicks accusing me of being a right-wing shill just because I ask you to stop repeating RWM talking points is beyond parody.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

They've already deemed her a centrist, a crime far worse than being a republican.

who did? also, republicans suck, didn't you get the message yesterday HYL?

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You know, the people who actually did the bombings and the murderings in Laos and Cambodia and Viet Nam still exist. Many of them have also conveniently arranged themselves into groups with which to identify themselves as criminals, and their involvement in war crimes is generally a matter of public record- just look up the names of B-52 air crew in Guam between 1969 and 1973, etc. It would be quite possible to bring these people to revolutionary justice, instead of focusing with laser-like, mysterious emphasis on someone who was a law student throughout Kissinger's involvement, and was in high school and undergraduate college throughout the earlier, Lyndon B. Johnson-authorized illegal bombing of Cambodia.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Notably this is essentially the Mark Lilla and Third Way critique of modern Democrats in the present, i.e. "drat identity politics is why we don't win, people just want us to stop being mean to business and stop being nice to immigrants and it would all be ok."

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I'd like to know who said that centrists are worse than republicans so I can slap them.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I voted for Clinton in 2008; I'm old enough to get social security; I'm a woman; and I still think it was horrible of her to bring out the Kissinger endorsement, given his sordid history.

It was also horrible of Clinton to praise Nancy Reagan's commitment to the AIDS crisis. It was also horrible of Clinton to amp up our military adventurism while she was secretary of state. It was also horrible of Clinton to privately tell Wall St. that she supported the Simpson-Bowles austerity "reforms." Half of all senior women living alone are below the (woefully understated) poverty line. Simpson-Bowles wanted to cut social security and defer Medicare to age 67.

Clinton's done a lot of horrible things on her own that have nothing to do with the criminals whose endorsements she covets.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

I'd like to know who said that centrists are worse than republicans so I can slap them.

Do you even read this thread?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

What does the meek and docile Hillary you all require say about any issue? "Russian interference is cool and good"? If you don't like a woman she's no longer allowed to have any opinions about anything? Building cages where there's no way a woman can turn that lets her escape being attacked by you is one of the clearest signs of sexism.

Oh wait wait I know, "Hillary shouldn't say anything ever." Because half a century of experience still doesn't earn her the right to step out of the kitchen. Y'all pindicks accusing me of being a right-wing shill just because I ask you to stop repeating RWM talking points is beyond parody.

I wish I could bring this level of fire in my posts.

Everyone accusing TB of being a gimmick really doesn't see the sexism that is casually used here as a problem. It's something they've just internalized much like all the right wing framing and talking points. Pretty sad to see honestly.

If you don't think this is happening I implpre you to take a step back and think about how some people post here.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 26, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Nikalajoga posted:

You know, the people who actually did the bombings and the murderings in Laos and Cambodia and Viet Nam still exist. Many of them have also conveniently arranged themselves into groups with which to identify themselves as criminals, and their involvement in war crimes is generally a matter of public record- just look up the names of B-52 air crew in Guam between 1969 and 1973, etc. It would be quite possible to bring these people to revolutionary justice, instead of focusing with laser-like, mysterious emphasis on someone who was a law student throughout Kissinger's involvement, and was in high school and undergraduate college throughout the earlier, Lyndon B. Johnson-authorized illegal bombing of Cambodia.

hmm. why ~would~ people who claim their goal is to promote left-wing politics focus on the policy failures of the person whose failure to hold together the Obama coalition resulted in a fat senile snake oil salesman taking over every level of American government, instead of murdering random soldiers

real poser you have put before us

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Willa Rogers posted:

I voted for Clinton in 2008; I'm old enough to get social security; I'm a woman; and I still think it was horrible of her to bring out the Kissinger endorsement, given his sordid history.

It was also horrible of Clinton to praise Nancy Reagan's commitment to the AIDS crisis. It was also horrible of Clinton to amp up our military adventurism while she was secretary of state. It was also horrible of Clinton to privately tell Wall St. that she supported the Simpson-Bowles austerity "reforms." Half of all senior women living alone are below the (woefully understated) poverty line. Simpson-Bowles wanted to cut social security and defer Medicare to age 67.

Clinton's done a lot of horrible things on her own that have nothing to do with the criminals whose endorsements she covets.

Yeah well maybe loving focus up because Hillary didn't say "I think Russian interference is bad, and Kissinger is good," she said "Russian interference is bad" and goons flipped out about it because they don't like her saying anything at all. Kissinger's just the first thing somebody thought to throw at her. It could just as easily have been "pantsuits" or "Bill slept around" because for all you people love to huff your own farts about what genius political strategists you are, you can't even filter out the propaganda in your own media diets.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Do you even read this thread?

All the time and I haven't seen anyone say that centrists are worst than republicans. If you have examples, then by all means, please post them.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

All the time and I haven't seen anyone say that centrists are worst than republicans. If you have examples, then by all means, please post them.

Click back like, a couple pages dude. And if you're about to wad up some gross-rear end "no true scotsman" argument about the general tenor of this thread, save it. Republicans don't get attacked here, "centrists*" do

*anyone who dares be colored or female while voting D

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Of all the hills to die on, the "Hillary is above reproach" one is one I'd expect to be fairly clean, but hey.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Counterpoint: Tom Perez is a centrist scumbag and is clearly lulling us into a false sense of security before he helps Sessions lock up all the leftists

oh wow, tb was right

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

oh wow, tb was right

I actually lol'd.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

C. Everett Koop posted:

Of all the hills to die on, the "Hillary is above reproach" one is one I'd expect to be fairly clean, but hey.

"We can't possibly be sexist! No no, no one would ever argue that. It's much more plausible that this person is making an extreme, nonsensical fringe argument instead. Why yes, I'll just take the liberty of revising their posts so they can make their point more clearly."

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Click back like, a couple pages dude. And if you're about to wad up some gross-rear end "no true scotsman" argument about the general tenor of this thread, save it. Republicans don't get attacked here, "centrists*" do

*anyone who dares be colored or female while voting D

I've been reading this thread all day and didn't see anyone calling centrists worst than republicans. And republicans were getting attacked. We were attacked Jeff Flakes while you wanted to reward him.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Ah yes, the nonsensical fringe argument that it's bad to associate yourself with war criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

I've been reading this thread all day and didn't see anyone calling centrists worst than republicans. And republicans were getting attacked. We were attacked Jeff Flakes while you wanted to reward him.

Sorry, C. Everett Koop already claimed the "strawman TB's arguments" position. Maybe you'd like to pitch in on special teams? Nobody's emailed me a picture of a lynched body yet today.

Chomskyan posted:

Ah yes, the nonsensical fringe argument that it's bad to associate yourself with war criminals

The nonsensical fringe argument that I directly quoted in my response, you disingenuous piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread