Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

amigolupus posted:

These are fantastic, though I'm a little sad that Tommy isn't the Karate Guy.

Gotta have this song streaming while you Chad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ypjIQU1WQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
No costume for Hippy counselor :(

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
One step closer towards giving Chappa a sick german suplex move yesss

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

TheBizzness posted:

He was probably so stoned he didn't realize it was halloween.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Dude looks like he's in a costume anyway. Maybe in the next clothing DLC update? I couldn't imagine them not adding more customization options for the DLC counselors.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://twitter.com/Rontao13/status/923267449822371840

new content very soon?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ahhh I hope she isn't high level. I haven't unlocked the hippie, and he's lvl 26

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Looks like the barn at Higgins which I think is the part 3ish map but I'm not sure.

Stoked for Fox. Did they release her stats yet?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Ahhh I hope she isn't high level. I haven't unlocked the hippie, and he's lvl 26

He's not bad. I managed to survive a couple of games with him by hiding and escaping to the police so even with his lower stats he's not terrible.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

joylessdivision posted:

Looks like the barn at Higgins which I think is the part 3ish map but I'm not sure.

He's not bad. I managed to survive a couple of games with him by hiding and escaping to the police so even with his lower stats he's not terrible.

Yeah it absolutely is. Thats where Fox and co get theirs in super cool 3D VISION.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Inside Out Mom posted:

Yeah it absolutely is. Thats where Fox and co get theirs in super cool 3D VISION.

If only we could enter the loft of the barn to recreate her demise. Also, a pitchfork weapon would be cool and they could reuse some of the Savini kills.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Regrettable posted:

If only we could enter the loft of the barn to recreate her demise. Also, a pitchfork weapon would be cool and they could reuse some of the Savini kills.

I could swear they have a regular not-hell pitchfork programmed, and showed a not-savini Jason using it before, but I can't find any actual evidence of it anymore :saddowns:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Regrettable posted:

this should be a context kill option. standing close enough to a pitch fork, option to pin someone to a wall. increase fear penalty to counselors when they see it. could scatter fun stuff like that all over

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Inside Out Mom posted:

Oh my god what if they release a red/blue 3D Mode with Fox????

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fox is in on PC at least. 3GB update.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

joylessdivision posted:

http://f13game.com/news/fox/

(Edit: Thanks, by the way!)

She's pretty damned bad-rear end.

Also, big buffs to Tommy Jarvis!

http://f13game.com/patch-notes/Oct25th/

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 25, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

Your image needs to be rehosted but I went ahead and did that for you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ghostpilot posted:

I was hoping for a bit more runnin' since I usually main Vanessa, but Strength AND Repair? :unsmigghh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
woah that repair part change!

deffo grab any repair parts you see even if you drop them immediately i guess

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Also, big buffs to Tommy Jarvis!

http://f13game.com/patch-notes/Oct25th/

All of this sounds so good. I'm sure there's going to be people pissing and moaning about the Tommy changes but it sounds pretty cool. I dunno about the tapes though, one more collectible I'll barely find (I've found 1 Pamela tape and I'm almost level 60)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Coolguye posted:

woah that repair part change!

deffo grab any repair parts you see even if you drop them immediately i guess

That's awesome. For people who don't want to check the notes: repair items now show up on counselors maps after they have been dropped.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Regrettable posted:

That's awesome. For people who don't want to check the notes: repair items now show up on counselors maps after they have been dropped.

Oh wow, that makes things a lot easier...

E: Fuuuck grab nerfs

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 25, 2017

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
No more multi trapping either. Jason is going to be a bit harder to play now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh man I honestly wish I could just choose to drop into a match as Tommy now. I've died multiple times and gladly due to rescuing my fellow counselors, including getting out of the 4-seater to let someone else escape.

This is also probably why I'm still at too low a level to play as Part 9 :(

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Danaru posted:

Oh man I honestly wish I could just choose to drop into a match as Tommy now. I've died multiple times and gladly due to rescuing my fellow counselors, including getting out of the 4-seater to let someone else escape.

This is also probably why I'm still at too low a level to play as Part 9 :(

Tommy, like Bugs and Adam, are the kamikaze characters. I thought everyone knew this

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Tommy, like Bugs and Adam, are the kamikaze characters. I thought everyone knew this

Yeah if you spawn as Tommy, you should be helping save the rest of the team. Tommy really shouldn't survive a match and if he does he should be the last one out.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
First game after the update I got Jason and murdered everyone in like 4 minutes it was pretty great.

Best I had ever done was 5/8 (this was only my fourth time as Jason because I get anxiety about not killing anyone).

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I just escaped as Tommy instead of saving Tinfoil and it only gave me 44xp total.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Regrettable posted:

I just escaped as Tommy instead of saving Tinfoil and it only gave me 44xp total.

As is proper for a coward like Tommy Jarvis, who now spawns WITH A POCKETKNIFE

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A. Beaverhausen posted:

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah if you spawn as Tommy, you should be helping save the rest of the team. Tommy really shouldn't survive a match and if he does he should be the last one out.

Yeah but I never get to play as Tommy because I survive too long :saddowns: Most of my leaping-out-of-cars is as Buggzy. If I'm playing to escape I'll play Vanessa, and even then I assume I'll escape via the police

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

As is proper for a coward like Tommy Jarvis, who now spawns WITH A POCKETKNIFE

And first aid :)

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Tommy Jarvis, who now spawns WITH A POCKETKNIFE

This is actually a pretty good idea imho - Tommy shouldn't spend any time rooting around in drawers, this encourages him to protect the counselors right away. I've also seen tons of games where Tommy spawns and is shift-grabbed by Jason like 15 seconds later, which is technically fair but feels wrong.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
That, and after his many dealings with Jason, it didn't make sense that he'd come along half-cocked.

:siren: Also, new bug (feature?): if someone has the Medic perk and they drop a First Aid Spray, the next person who picks it up will also have two charges. :siren:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

That, and after his many dealings with Jason, it didn't make sense that he'd come along half-cocked.

:siren: Also, new bug (feature?): if someone has the Medic perk and they drop a First Aid Spray, the next person who picks it up will also have two charges. :siren:

I noticed that this weekend. Saved my rear end when I decided jumping out a second floor window to escape the rear end in a top hat in the hockey mask.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Has anybody else had the bug where they get one more kill than they should've? In one of my matches tonight, a guy escaped and I know he escaped because I was killing Tommy when he drove off. Still got 8/8.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
On PS4 at least the matchmaking has been dramatically improved and I’m not getting connection error drops nearly as often as I’m used to.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Had 3 matches in a row where one of you successfully jumpscared me by waiting behind a door with the Stalk ability on.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Has anybody else had the bug where they get one more kill than they should've? In one of my matches tonight, a guy escaped and I know he escaped because I was killing Tommy when he drove off. Still got 8/8.

Tinfoil got 9/7 in a pub game earlier.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

King Vidiot posted:

Saw 7/6 twice today.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
Two of the last three times I was Jason I got kicked immediately after killing someone. Does this mean that some rear end in a top hat is host and is shutting off their Xbox when they die?

Another thing that pissed me off is when a dead player sent xbox messages to Jason telling him where the victims were hiding. He didn't want to wait 5 more minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

• Locked thread