Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Roar posted:

T3BlbiBZb3VyIFRoaXJkIEV5ZQ

SSBjYW4gZmVlbCB0aGUgdGVuZGVybmVz
cyBvZiBoZXIgc2tpbiB0aHJvdWdoIHRo
ZSBrbmlmZSwgYXMgaWYgaXQgd2VyZSBh
biBleHRlbnNpb24gb2YgbXkgc2Vuc2Ug
b2YgdG91Y2guIE15IGJvZHkgbmVhcmx5
IGNvbnZ1bHNlcy4gVGhlcmUncyBzb21l
dGhpbmcgaW5jcmVkaWJseSBmYWludCwg
ZGVlcCBkb3duLCB0aGF0IHNjcmVhbXMg
dG8gcmVzaXN0IHRoaXMgdW5jb250cm9s
bGFibGUgcGxlYXN1cmUuIEJ1dCBJIGNh
biBhbHJlYWR5IHRlbGwgdGhhdCBJJ20g
YmVpbmcgcHVzaGVkIG92ZXIgdGhlIGVk
Z2UuIEkgY2FuJ3QuLi5JIGNhbid0IHN0
b3AgbXlzZWxmLg

Base64 encoding.

quote:

Open Your Third Eye

I can feel the tenderness of her skin through the knife, as if it were an extension of my sense of touch. My body nearly convulses. There's something incredibly faint, deep down, that screams to resist this uncontrollable pleasure. But I can already tell that I'm being pushed over the edge. I can't...I can't stop myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am getting freaked out by Natsuki's weird amnesia, whatever the gently caress Yuri is doing, and Monika clearly trying to escape Crazy Town. Don't think it's quite at Sayori's death level yet, but geez.

Now we're getting Sayori memories after she damnatio memoriae'd herself?

Also, uh, that Base64.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Contamination
A melancholy insight
We’re all alone now

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I don't think that these
poems matter anymore,
So I won't bother.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I've never seen Natsuki's scene for today, it's kinda more funny than scary.

Yuri's scene opposite this one though. gently caress

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Not sure how much it matters anymore, but Group B cause out of the people we got left, I feel sorry for Natsuki the most.

Hold onto your socks
Skipping glitches jump and bounce
This is pure crazy

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Group B Because I feel so bad for Natsuki, especially with the company we have.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Please don't die Natsuki
Mitayo same to you.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
hopeless. hopeless. hopeless. hopeless. hopeless.
HOPELESS. HOPELESS. HOPELESS. HOPELESS. HOPELESS. hoPEleSs. HOpeLesS.
h̲̱͔̙̰͚̭͉̜͝o̴͍̞̣͘p̴̰̝͚̭̤̫̭ͅȨ̩̥͔͙͖̥͉ĺ͟҉̥͉e̦̗̫̗͠S̴͓̺̜̥͖̺̩͖̀͠s̠̣̰͚̰͚͙͢͞.͎̘̙̙͖̞͎̕ ̨̮̖̰̭͎̖̘͔H̩̫̟̼͔͟Ơ͞҉̦̪͖̬͉͇̼͈̫p̷̻̖̙̜̱̙͍̥͔E̼L̢̬̳͇̩͜͝E̴̢̟̣͙̝͚̦͔̝S̷̳͔͇͔̣̺͔̞̻͘͡s̱͔̻̠̼̝͚̖͘.̻̠͖͡ ̡̻̳͎̣̬̖̯H̸͙̫͚̗̖͍O̢̳͇̗̼͖̳̟͇P̵̬͈̦̰͉̯̞̕ͅE̩̯̮͟͝L̤̘͙͔̰̮̞ͅè͓̳̞̘̪̻͠͠ͅs̮̖͈͕͖̰̫̳͜͢s͙̟̺̮͇͜.̴̭̫ ̛͎̞h͇̳͓̠̪̬͜ͅo̫͈̣̖̰P͓ͅE̹̺̦͔̖͕͕L̟̪̕E̡̩̭S̴̡̺̟̳͓̖͇ͅs̙̻͉̞̩̀́̕.̨̼͓̗̲̣͝ ̸͉̥̝̀H̶̦͈͎̱̙̲̺̝͟O̴͉̻̲͖̯̳̠͉̳P̶̖̤͍̣̺̰E̡̛̜L̛̪̰̰E͏̫͉̳̺ś̸̜̖̤̟̹̞͙S̷̨̯͙̠͖.̴͔͍̹̣̯̥͙̩͜

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Weird that Natsuki's translated poem sounds more like a Yuri poem, huh? Another sign that the script is pushing Yuri on us pretty hard.

I remember getting the red distortion glitch and it was really cool. The sound of the music is muffled too and there's this weird squelchy sound before it fades to black, like the main character's literally digging his finger into his brain. I really wish I had headphones for that one.

I vote Natsuki, just to see what happens. :allears:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pick some words and save your game.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait, what if it's not Monika that's in charge. What if it's Yuri screwing with the plot and that's why for two routes the game is pushing for her hard.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

quote:

...you know, I've literally never thought about it until this moment, but why in the world wouldn't Natsuki have joined the anime club? SHE HAS A MANGA COLLECTION. She spends the entire club time reading it!

She probably wasn't allowed/was scared of joining the Otaku Club.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Roar, what’s your best LP?
It’s this one, isn’t it, Roar?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Annointed posted:

Wait, what if it's not Monika that's in charge. What if it's Yuri screwing with the plot and that's why for two routes the game is pushing for her hard.

Wasn't it us pushing her the first time? It's definitely the game pushing her now though.

Reimou
Jan 20, 2015

TheObserver posted:

It’s this one, isn’t it, Roar?

Well, Roar certainly found something more hosed-up than Awful Fantasy, at least.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.

Roar posted:

I’m not entirely sure I want to understand this reference

I checked, and Zardoz is on Blu-Ray. And it gets 4 out of 5 stars according to Amazon.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel kinda bad for Monika. It's hard to see but in the last .gif she pleads for you not to leave her. :smith:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Maybe it's no one's fault. Maybe no one deserves to suffer like this.

judgement is coming
an infallible herald
of Her infinite grace

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Okay I'm really scared now. I fear something major is going to happen next update. :ohdear:

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel kinda bad for Monika. It's hard to see but in the last .gif she pleads for you not to leave her. :smith:

A wonder, perhaps.
Is Monika self-aware
inside this V/N?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CrashScreen posted:

Wasn't it us pushing her the first time? It's definitely the game pushing her now though.

Yeah the first time it was our decision to pursue Yuri. It was just a random thought out of my head. I doubt this game would have something like "first girl you pursued remembers you from last route, she wants her ending." That sounds a bit too complex from what I've seen so far.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tsunderes amirite

RA==

UGFpbidzIGJyb2tlbiBtdXNpYw0KTm8gcGVhY2UgaW4gdGhpcyBtZWxvZHkNCkZsZWUgZnJvbSBleGlzdGVuY2U=

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 26, 2017

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Wh..what the hell. I've never had that Natsuki scene pop before. :stare:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Wh..what the hell. I've never had that Natsuki scene pop before. :stare:
I have, and I'm glad we got to see it here because it's my favorite. It's so cliché a jump-scare that it feels like the devs stuck it in there to have some fun with the player.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I had no idea anything in DDLC had a random chance to appear. It was exactly the same on all three of my own playthroughs.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I have, and I'm glad we got to see it here because it's my favorite. It's so cliché a jump-scare that it feels like the devs stuck it in there to have some fun with the player.
But at the same time, it doesn't have a SCREECH or a DUN!!! sound, so it's... almost not cliche enough? It made me laugh my rear end off when it happened to me.

It's the trotting sound. She sounds like a fuckin' horse.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Is the RNG based on your Steam ID or computer fingerprint? That would cause your playthroughs to be exactly the same for you and you alone. Since the game engine is Python code, it would be trivial to modify it to do that.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
So I'm reading the updates and just

what the gently caress is happening

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Literature.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

GeneralYeti posted:

Literature club.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

GeneralYeti posted:

None of your clubs were like this?

:shrug: I thought high school was like this for everyone.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Literature club.

"Literature club" is going to hang out right next to "DRAKENGARD" in my lexicon from now on.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tendales posted:

"Literature club" is going to hang out right next to "DRAKENGARD" in my lexicon from now on.

I want to join literature club with teenage Taro Yoko.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The seeds your poems plant in her heart will blossom into a beautiful flower....

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

ultrafilter posted:

The seeds your poems plant in her heart will blossom into a beautiful flower....
"BECOME AS GODS" written over and over on Sayori's suicide note.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Well, poo poo. Looks like we've went from cutesy VN straight into some When the Higurashi Cry territory.

Glitching eyeless face
Jumpscares? Tsunderes? gently caress this.
Let's join music club.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Snorb posted:

Well, poo poo. Looks like we've went from cutesy VN straight into some When the Higurashi Cry territory.

Yeah, I didn't want to make the comparison too soon lest I inadvertently spoil things but yes, the back half of the second part is very Higurashi.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

cute girls doing cute things

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
:stare: :staredog: Why did I read that update on my phone in the dark before trying to sleep? My husband rolled over and I almost jumped out of bed.

Also, this is super creepy, an entire month is just scratched out on the calendar:

EagerSleeper posted:

It seems that Sayori doesn't have any future plans scheduled on her calendar.

And here I was in the very beginning of the LP about to groan about how the character designs included thigh gaps....

Darn, the quote didn’t grab the screenshot, it’s one from Sayori’s bedroom

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I was inspired to play the game by this thread.

and we give Yoko Taro a run for his money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The eye bleeding from Yuri was something I had to do a double-take on because I was more focused on the fact that she's all up in my space.

The Monika fade-out is in the top 5 most depressing things and it was the first time I felt real bad for her.

• Locked thread