Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Yes, I know, I don't like them either but obviously someone does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

people like big bang theory too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yes, I know, I don't like them either but obviously someone does.

i get art. i have a bunch of cartoon art on one wall. i really don't get statuettes either? i like dragon ball z and company, but do i want a $150 6" trunks on my mantle? no. god no.

funko take up a lot of space. stocking them is nightmare enough, i can't imagine inviting that vampire into my home.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Somberbrero posted:

i get art. i have a bunch of cartoon art on one wall. i really don't get statuettes either? i like dragon ball z and company, but do i want a $150 6" trunks on my mantle? no. god no.

funko take up a lot of space. stocking them is nightmare enough, i can't imagine inviting that vampire into my home.

you're being a bit dramatic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, the figuarts Trunks is only like $50!

:j:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tbp posted:

you're being a bit dramatic

then i revise my stated opinion to 'funko bad.'

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Pretty sure it's the soulless dead eyes those things have. Walked into a store yesterday and they have an entire section dedicated to it, from Anime to fuckin' Overwatch. What happened?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

Pretty sure it's the soulless dead eyes those things have. Walked into a store yesterday and they have an entire section dedicated to it, from Anime to fuckin' Overwatch. What happened?
Nerds keep buying them.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

I guess you just don't like statues and sculptures? I have a Nendoroid of Holo from Spice & Wolf because she is one of my favorite characters but I don't feel compelled to collect other Nendos just because I have one. I can understand the drive to collect though, when I played Pokemon I would make an effort to grab one of each just to fill out the Pokedex. People like to complete things, it's rewarding.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

people like big bang theory too

My sister recommends I watch it and uses it to diagnose me with aspergers, please send help.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I remember that the Big Bang Theory used to be on a lot in the break room of the supermarket I used to work at, and was frequently on whenever I sat down to take a break. After working seeing 15 minutes each of about 10 episodes, I remember there being exactly 1 joke that made me laugh. The rest was just nerd doing regular stuff, and Kaley Cuoco rolling her eyes.

I would watch another 15 minutes each of 10 episodes of BBT before buying a FunkoPop figurine.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
As a kid if I wanted to stay up past my bed time the only thing I could watch was sitcoms on my local tv stations in Miami. Friends/Seinfeld. Didn't understand them but hey I got to stay up a little longer. Even then tho I could not stand a second of Big Bang Theory. It's not just some "I'm above their humor" but the actors just didn't seem to have any chemistry or care to be there. It's probably as big as it is for the same reason every CSI Spinoff has millions of viewers.

Anyway, back on topic and ho boy that season finale was tense. Although I'm sad they overlooked the whole Weak-All Might and Deku talking and Deku's mom runs up and never notices who Deku is talking to.

Also funkopop is bad in the same way I find anything built with "Mass production collectibility" in mind is, like Amiibos. Especially bad in this case because each Funkopop looks soulless with not a single bit of artistry involved.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Funko pops are latecapitalism.jpg and they must be destroyed for the sake of society

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mordaedil posted:

My sister parents recommend I watch it and use it to diagnose me with aspergers, please send help.

So as not to emptyquote,

Ularg posted:

I'm sad they overlooked the whole Weak-All Might and Deku talking and Deku's mom runs up and never notices who Deku is talking to.
I totally forgot about that, but i really liked that scene in the manga. Dekumom is such a great character, and it's little things like that that hammer home that, yeah, she's just a normal lady who is, duh, OBVIOUSLY worried about her son who comes to great bodily injury on these adventures on the reg.
It's so much more... normal and believable than the whole, "oh, goodbye my 13 year old child, have fun leaving home forever on your life-threatening adventures!" Thing anime and manga seem to do.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 19, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/ryonello/status/919991848029917184

:yeah:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Hatoful Boyfriend/My Hero Academia crossover's looking very good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Hatoful Boyfriend/My Hero Academia crossover's looking very good.

Would Tokoyami be a bird with a human head?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

Would Tokoyami be a bird with a human head?
That sounds horrifying.

So, yes, absolutely.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ularg posted:

Anyway, back on topic and ho boy that season finale was tense. Although I'm sad they overlooked the whole Weak-All Might and Deku talking and Deku's mom runs up and never notices who Deku is talking to.
Why would she notice? Deku's classmates see All Might all the time, and some of them have seen Small Might too, and they haven't noticed.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Speaking of nerds and terrible taste:

Apparently internet nerd t-shirt purveyor The Yetee was going to have a combo Tsuyu/Mineta set. People then alerted them about, well, what Mineta is all about and how that might not be the best character to put forward right after a major sexual predator scandal broke. So they decided to pull the Mineta shirt and keep just the Tsuyu one.

So of course anime nerds are being terrible about "snowflakes" and how "it's just a trope that he's a pervert! Laugh or don't watch!".

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/920876593819635712

https://twitter.com/noahjmead/status/920856563413164032

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can appreciate Mineta's role in the show and find him hilarious but anyone who would wear a t-shirt of him must be insufferable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pakled posted:

I can appreciate Mineta's role in the show and find him hilarious but anyone who would wear a t-shirt of him must be insufferable.

:agreed: and Mineta is a friend of mine.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mineta is tolerable because he is dunked on constantly.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like Mineta as a character, but I would hate him irl

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

goddam cocky is such a perfect fit for Present Mic

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
They had a Tsuyu shirt a couple weeks ago that was much cuter

e: this one https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/910292641128095744

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 19, 2017

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I finished this up as my first anime series a few days ago, and all I really want to say is that I can't wait until Spring for season 3. Such a great show so far, and such a long way off. :sigh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just gotta fill the hole in your heart with fanart.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

Just gotta fill the hole in your heart with fanart.

I got recommended Bungo Stray Dogs and it's definitely helping to fill that void (as well as being great in its own right). That and fanart should be enough to last me the next few months. Mina > Tsu. :ssh:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

symbolic posted:

Mina > Tsu. :ssh:

:hai:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Can we just agree that Kirishima is best guy?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

Can we just agree that Kirishima is best guy?

I've really liked Shoto and Kaminari the most, for completely opposite reasons.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the best guy is *flips through rolodex* m-mineta!?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aurora posted:

That's the end of the list, you're supposed to read right to left.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aurora posted:

*hastily written in purple sharpie*

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Controversial opinion: I'm actually not super fond of icy hot

When his back story was getting dived into I enjoyed it, but I can't say he's been a terribly interesting character outside of that. I hope he gets some more focus in the new season so he's not as dull

Also controversial opinion: I like bakugo a lot

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Bakugo is good when he is mad about something other than Deku or something Deku related. I agree on Shoto tho. Decent character but not really that interesting yet. Need to see more of his fun side.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ularg posted:

Bakugo is good when he is mad about something other than Deku or something Deku related. I agree on Shoto tho. Decent character but not really that interesting yet. Need to see more of his fun side.

Is that the fire side or the ice one?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's the hand crusher side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

YF-23 posted:

It's the hand crusher side.