Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Riot said that they intend on replacing jungle CS counter with an even 4 per camp, and the official boards are FLIPPING OUT because jungle CS tracking is an integral part of the game!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Riot said that they intend on replacing jungle CS counter with an even 4 per camp, and the official boards are FLIPPING OUT because jungle CS tracking is an integral part of the game!!!

i want everyone to know how many raptors i killed

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This will ruin the game even worse than when they added jungle timers!

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I still haven't learned how to jungle since season 2.

As in, macro game and ganking.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

K8.0 posted:

This will ruin the game even worse than when they added jungle timers!

If you had asked me 5 years ago if this was a good idea, I'd have whined about casuals.

I would have been loving wrong as hell. Jungle timers own

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I love the idea that getting to know precisely which camps are still up through fog of war with zero risk is something that adds 'skill' to the game. Oh man you guys it takes so much more skill to play starcraft with a maphack, you have no idea how much more mental energy it takes when I have to look at all the opponents' units at all times as well as my own.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

CS should count lane minions only

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Where is the counter for how many times I've flashed my mastery?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

CS should count lane minions only

All support and jungle gold should automatically be transferred to the ADC, also toplane.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i may have lost a game as support teemo, but i tilted the poo poo out of the enemy support by repeatedly going in with 50 hp and getting kills, so i won a moral victory.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tracking enemy cs at will is honestly terrible.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

el dingo posted:

Where is the counter for how many times I've flashed my mastery?

This metric has been skyrocketing lately. They removed the cooldown when they started selling emotes.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Vonnie posted:

Now I'm curious which champs you all have the most fun with, viability be damned. I know Quinn was popular with a small group around here previously.

Any marksman mid but especially Varus, Teemo and Ez.

Also playing mages full AD.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Guys is ardent censer really weaker now or people still rushing it?

I haven't played since the patch update but man it is annoying to play any other role with ardent buffed adcs.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am not sure if you really know how to play teemo

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ulio posted:

Guys is ardent censer really weaker now or people still rushing it?

I haven't played since the patch update but man it is annoying to play any other role with ardent buffed adcs.

It is both a lot weaker now (the on hit damage now caps out at what it started at last patch) and also will be rushed by your support,who has not read the patch notes, but not the enemy support in every game you play this week.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

pog boyfriend posted:

i am not sure if you really know how to play teemo

Im sure I dont really know how to play anything but I can play on-hit Teemo as well as I can play anything else (other than Taric and maybe Varus).

This is what I did to get G5 in flex queue:

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 25, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
LMFAO Galio is going to get hotfixed like tomorrow I guarantee

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Reality Winner posted:

Tracking enemy cs at will is honestly terrible.

it's actually integral in deciding how strong you are relative to the enemy, instead of just blindly guessing whether or not they have more money than you.

if they took away being able to see enemy CS and compare it to mine on the scoreboard I would probably quit this game

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I love having the odd Teemo savant on my team. Drives the enemy nuts and that's always a good time :toot:

tracking enemy lane CS is Great. Knowing exactly which camps the enemy jg has done without having to ever see him is Bad.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wait what. Why would Riot bother removing info about jungle camps? Sure, 99% of the playerbase doesn't do anything with it, but having the information available for players that actually use it doesn't hurt anyone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You could look at their items.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Smol posted:

Wait what. Why would Riot bother removing info about jungle camps? Sure, 99% of the playerbase doesn't do anything with it, but having the information available for players that actually use it doesn't hurt anyone.

the issue with the way jungle cs was tracked was like killing all the raptors is worth 102 gold, and 5 cs. but killing the gromp twice is worth 152 gold, and 2cs. killing red buff twice is worth 200 gold, and 2cs. a jungler who only does gromp and red buff might have like 50 cs, and you think wow what a poor Bitch boy, but she actually has like 5 thousand gold from repeatedly taking all of the buffs on the map. meanwhile the enemy jungler has been forced out of his own poo poo and can only kill the raptors, and he has 80cs from doing the raptor camp 16 times, which is worth 1632 gold.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

In general, Riot doesn't like cases where someone is able to extrapolate a large amount of information with minimal risk. If you can count jungle camps, you can get near-perfect information on the jungler's route and know exactly what camps are still up (and, thus, where the jungler is likely to head) without ever having to poke your head in the enemy jungle.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

In general, Riot doesn't like cases where someone is able to extrapolate a large amount of information with minimal risk. If you can count jungle camps, you can get near-perfect information on the jungler's route and know exactly what camps are still up (and, thus, where the jungler is likely to head) without ever having to poke your head in the enemy jungle.

it is just really stupid in general because as i mentioned before to the average player who is not counting camps the information is less than useless(they can not tell how much gold the jungler has), but to someone who knows how much cs a camp is worth suddenly it is like having maphacks for the first 5-10 minutes of the game. that sort of thing is just kind of dumb. seeing enemy cs is a good thing, but the specific case of the way jungle cs is tracked is not. i think the 4cs per camp thing is a good change

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

iSurrender posted:

mid Ez.

Also playing mages full AD.

So ADC Ezreal.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vonnie posted:

Now I'm curious which champs you all have the most fun with, viability be damned. I know Quinn was popular with a small group around here previously.

jax/graves/quinn/old aatrox top

jax loving rules right now. i cant believe how much that range increase on his W turned him from a mediocre laner into a bully and smashing some dumbass carry in the face is easier than ever

edit: all the old lane bullies like garen/renekton that used to crush him are way easier to deal with. fun times

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 25, 2017

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Renekton stopped being a Jax counter a while ago when they made counterstrike block his stun.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
You can take the player off Janna... can't take the janna off the player

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Tales of Woe posted:

Renekton stopped being a Jax counter a while ago when they made counterstrike block his stun.

you'd think that, but it turns out it just meant renekton cant dash-stun on cooldown

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

You can take the player off Janna... can't take the janna off the player

RIP Xayah, only non-S rank

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Galio does incredible damage (with tons of AP), 4v5 games are hard, :toot:

https://imgur.com/a/nqEKq

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They're either going to hyper-nerf Galio by removing almost all his AP ratios, rework his ultimate into having a 7 minute cooldown, or do both so nobody plays him until he gets another full rework

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

They're either going to hyper-nerf Galio by removing almost all his AP ratios, rework his ultimate into having a 7 minute cooldown, or do both so nobody plays him until he gets another full rework

I'm not even sure why they felt the need to make such drastic changes. He wasn't actually performing that well in solo queue and there's there's another two and a half months before any patches affect pro play.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How Rude posted:

it's actually integral in deciding how strong you are relative to the enemy, instead of just blindly guessing whether or not they have more money than you.

if they took away being able to see enemy CS and compare it to mine on the scoreboard I would probably quit this game

You can see their items. CS doesn't mean anything, items do.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

Galio does incredible damage (with tons of AP), 4v5 games are hard, :toot:

https://imgur.com/a/nqEKq

yah

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smol posted:

because riot wants you to have to actually put down wards in the enemy jungle at level 1 to figure out their initial jungle pathing instead of just pulling up the scoreboard

also the most fun champ in the game is kog maw, and then ezreal, and then nobody

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

also the most fun champ in the game is kog maw, and then ezreal, and then nobody

:wrong:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

the true order is old aatrox > old jax > jax > old darius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

old jax can be the tower dodging jax, or the jax that went mid and leaped on ap chars for 250 dmg at level 1 either is ok.

• Locked thread