Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bob human being posted:

I'm not sure but he was my main man and I'm stinking mad. Sizzling attacks giving extra range was great, and imo both his ultimates are mediocre as they dont fit his kit. got really good as him too it's a shame. I suppose he's still viable. Like, yeah I can combine all his crazy moves together into something that works and have great fun experimenting but Zul'jin is great at keeping on the offensive, can recharge his batteries, and Tazdingo is great at baiting people into trying to merk you down and getting slammed with 50 axes to the face. Plus, he's my favorite WC2 hero and even tho he's dead in the lore he went down losing and eye and an arm beforehand which is kinda cool.

If you ever nerf my guy, take away his throwing arm just to prove how much you hate the fun I'm having. I'm secretly hoping that he's not even a great assassin and I'm just good at him. He's only listed as tier A on some list I found.

Why would you not take the good ultimate tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
#BringBackDadBodZul

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I take it Alexstrasza was up next in the fairly accurate list of upcoming hero releases that was floating around a few months back?

Dire Human posted:

Tiny brain: Alexstrasza as a sexy lady all the time
Big brain: Alexstrasza as a sexy lady that turns into a big dragon for one of her ults
Ascended brain: Alexstrasza is always a big dragon and turns into a bigger dragon with one ult and a gigantic lane-filling dragon as the other ult

Don’t gently caress this up Blizzard

Someone gets it.
Why even have a "dragon" if it doesn't even fill in the basic premise of "giant lizard".
Just make it Azmodan sized or slightly smaller, who gives a drat.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I don't care what she looks like as long as she has all her iconic abilities, such as letting you rewatch the Wrathgate cutscene and... hmmm... stand on top of a big tower. What else does she do again? gently caress

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Gustav posted:

I don't care what she looks like as long as she has all her iconic abilities, such as letting you rewatch the Wrathgate cutscene and... hmmm... stand on top of a big tower. What else does she do again? gently caress

Nothing, she is a bimbo elf

Give me Mengsk blizzard

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

skipThings posted:

Nothing, she is a bimbo elf

Give me Mengsk blizzard

Tits are a good marketing decision to make more money, I know that Blizzard don't have high opinions of their players outside of wanting t'n'a.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The other remaining hero on the leaked list was a Firebat, so I can see the Blizzcon cinematic featuring a fire-breathing dragon and a fire-breathing Terran.

I can also see them revealing a totally unexpected hero too since they've done that in the past when other leaks appeared, so who knows.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I like tits as much as the next guy but you'd think there is a time and place for everything. I guess it must work or they wouldn't be doing it though. :shrug:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
At least Metzen's reaction was hilarious.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

She isn't a titty elf though, she's a platemail thong elf.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I played two games with TCJimbo late last night after coming back from the bars , I feel bad about it, it wasn’t my A game.

I feel better after admitting it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

To the blizz artist that was in the thread earlier:

Do you guys draw the elf babes naked before adding clothes

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm sure they're like barbie dolls before the clothes are added

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was planning to make at least 1x of each seasonal skin at the end of the event but countess kerrigan just looks so gross in-game. Her posture with that dress just looks wrong. And that mount is grimy. Idk if I'll even bother getting one of her.

Scarecrow Xul is very cool though even if 1600 feels expensive for anything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kalko posted:

The other remaining hero on the leaked list was a Firebat, so I can see the Blizzcon cinematic featuring a fire-breathing dragon and a fire-breathing Terran.

I can also see them revealing a totally unexpected hero too since they've done that in the past when other leaks appeared, so who knows.

There's also rumors of Hanzo. And they're totally gonna do this and I'll want to die:

dude on Reddit posted:

i gonna guess alextraza is gonna blaze it up in the cinematic, then hanzo shows up, gonna say she isnt the only dragon, say that thing in japanese and use his dragon ultimate, both the dragons clash.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I want more obscure character references. Particularly, Diablo 1 characters and vanilla WoW characters of mostly questionable importance. Give me lachdanan, Lazarus and wirt please, and then follow it up with Mekkatorque, that dumbass that keeps getting lost and vancleef.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hanzo sucks where is Blackthorne??

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Where is Andariel?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
The good news is if they add Hanzo it's another Overwatch hero down so they eventually have to stop adding them.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Hahaha

Stop adding overwatch heroes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nephrite posted:

The good news is if they add Hanzo it's another Overwatch hero down so they eventually have to stop adding them.

I saw someone on reddit post a mockup of Zenyatta in the SC2 engine and it made me REALLY excited for the possibility of him. I think he would be great.

People whine about Overwatch characters but people also whine about Warcraft characters so I can't really take that complaint seriously just like I think the Warcraft whining is nonsense (edit: see the nonsense post above me). I'd still love to see: Winston, Mei, Reinhardt, Sombra, and Doomfist. I think all of those would work really well in HOTS. Reinhardt especially for one reason: We'd get a Reinhardt announcer pack

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Seebach posted:

Hahaha

Stop adding overwatch heroes

The complete opposite of this, actually.

Doomfist, Winston, and Reinhardt will all be loving excellent.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I say it every drat time but The Car from Rock 'n Roll Racing please

(but in all seriousness, at least an announcer pack; how do they not have a RnRR announcer pack yet)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not at all looking forward to Winston. Another high mobility attack-while-moving hero that will probably synergize with Tracer. I hope Overwatch just fails in the next year before we get him.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No Wave posted:

Not at all looking forward to Winston. Another high mobility attack-while-moving hero that will probably synergize with Tracer. I hope Overwatch just fails in the next year before we get him.

Tracer is also great, but you very notably hate fun so :shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

Winston will be awful. Another high mobility attack-while-moving hero that will probably synergize with Tracer. I hope Overwatch just fails in the next year before we get him.

Overwatch will continue to be successful and we're getting Winston get ready for it punk

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

There is no way Overwatch fails in the way you're hoping and literally every Overwatch character will be added to HotS eventually.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

There is no way Overwatch fails in the way you're hoping and literally every Overwatch character will be added to HotS eventually.

Real talk there are a few characters I don't see them bringing to HOTS: Torbjorn, Bastion, Soldier, McCree, Reaper, Widowmaker, Phara, Roadhog, MMMMaybe Symmetra? Though I could see Symm working maybe.

Roadhog, McCree, Soldier, Torbjorn and Widow I think are never getting added because they have characters that are too similar in HOTS already. I don't think Phara would really work at all, because at least with like Winston he'd eventually have to come down from the air. Reaper doesn't seem like he'd really... do anything and Bastion just seems like he'd be a slightly modified Sgt Hammer.

edit: Of course what do I know, if loving Hanzo gets in who does NOTHING interesting I guess anyone can get in

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Attacking while moving in a moba was and still is a dumb fuckin idea

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Besides Roadhog and Soldier , I kinda disagree. Sure, widowmaker is close to Nova, but there are a lot of different ways you could take a sniper character. I mean, the two big changes - widowmaker isn't stealthed and gets a movement ability. Even if the Q is exactly the same, now you've got a sniper hero that is more about getting a good angle safely.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

Attacking while moving in a moba was and still is a dumb fuckin idea

Not attacking while moving in a moba was and still is a dumb fuckin idea

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Core WoW/Warcraft omissions:
Cairne/Baine Bloodhoof
Vol'jin
Anduin Wrynn
Gelbin Mekkatorque
Velen
Hemet Nesingwary

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Mimiron (4 players, one hero)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I would love a Hemet Nessingwary with a built in Giant Killer

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Mimiron (4 players, one hero)

He should be a modular hero. Each 4-7-10 talent tier is a different skin - so you'd choose whether you want tank treads, legs, or bicycle wheels at level 4, a body part at level 7, and a head at level 10. You effectively actually build your character through talents and skins.

Also, like skins, each is only obtainable through lootboxes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Cairne/Baine Bloodhoof
Vol'jin
Anduin Wrynn
Gelbin Mekkatorque
Velen
Hemet Nesingwary

Alleria
Mal'Ganis/Varimathas/some other Dreadlord
Archimonde/Kil'Jaeden
Lorthemar
Y'rel/Maraad/some other Draenei that isn't Velen

Maybe Taran Zhu and/or Lei Shen?

EDIT:
Maiev
Vash'j or maybe Azshara?

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 26, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

There's also rumors of Hanzo. And they're totally gonna do this and I'll want to die:

Yeah, this is what I am simultaneously dreading and looking forward to.

I have no clue what they'll do with Alex but I hope she's not an elf all the drat time at least. Or if she is, they give her some clothing.

Also we'll never get Lei Shen and that is the greatest shame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My friend at blizzard told me that they'll be announcing the first "mythic rarity skin" at 3200 shards, Demonic Specter Li Ming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

No Wave posted:

My friend at blizzard told me that they'll be announcing the first "mythic rarity skin" at 3200 shards, Demonic Specter Vampire Dreadlord Li Ming.

FTFY