Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Does anyone have a link to Trevor Noah doing a bit about how the striking South African miners deserved to be shot. I have a friend arguing hes never seen evidence of that and for the life of me I can't remember which special it was on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

drat that's what I thought of

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KomradeX posted:

Does anyone have a link to Trevor Noah doing a bit about how the striking South African miners deserved to be shot. I have a friend arguing hes never seen evidence of that and for the life of me I can't remember which special it was on

It was from his 2012 "that's racist" special. The full episode is still on youtube, but the strike stuff is very early.

https://youtu.be/4euouoi20Us?t=6m20s

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It was from his 2012 "that's racist" special. The full episode is still on youtube, but the strike stuff is very early.

Thanks

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Its both incredible and inspiring that someone born under apartheid could grow up to be such a monumentally privileged retard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Carmant posted:

Its both incredible and inspiring that someone born under apartheid could grow up to be such a monumentally privileged retard.

I find that oftentimes people who are born into poverty (or otherwise disadvantaged situations) but end up achieving wealth/privilege can actually be worse than people who were privileged their entire lives. It's like they become the privileged equivalent of born-again Christians or something, and feel the need to continually reassert that they fit the cultural norms of their current economic class.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

some people are against injustice and oppression

others just feel they're on the wrong side of it

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wasn't Noah's parents kind of well off

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/922846957751689216

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Prav posted:

some people are against injustice and oppression

others just feel they're on the wrong side of it

I've never heard this one before but that accurately describes a lot of people :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol what the gently caress

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolfEhV-KiA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who is Patrick Klepek

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

Who is Patrick Klepek

some video game nerd that other video game nerds hate

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

some video game nerd that other video game nerds hate

I hate him too after watching that video

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Shear Modulus posted:

Who is Patrick Klepek

False gamer, homo messiah, senior reporter @waypoint. co-host @tildeathpodcast. EXTREMELY woke. email: patrick.klepek@vice.com

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
that guy really liked that bad website i guess

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Dylan McKay posted:

that guy really liked that bad website i guess

honestly, that would be a sensible reaction to learning that someone is a goon as well

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think he's also one of the numerous woke video games personalities with persistent rumours of being a sex creep about to catch up to him. Then again, that seems to be nearly all of them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I can get behind that, we need emoji for 100s of shoe styles :colbert:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think he's also one of the numerous woke video games personalities with persistent rumours of being a sex creep about to catch up to him. Then again, that seems to be nearly all of them.

Please do not tarnish the name of sex creeps by comparing them to gamers

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/922840667277135872

anti-woke kelloggs

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

I don't know about him being a sex creep but there is a video of him playing mafia and covering his eyes whenever boobs were on the screen.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
http://www.clickhole.com/article/heartwarming-hundreds-brands-turned-out-attend-fun-6847

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I don't know about him being a sex creep but there is a video of him playing mafia and covering his eyes whenever boobs were on the screen.

definitely a sex pervert

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

lol what the hell

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is anti-voyeurism a new sex pervert thing

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Shear Modulus posted:

I apologize in advance for linking to young turks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjkhwh5sGis

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

digital boobies definitely make my man too horny to deal with it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

lmbo that might be the ur-example of performative wokeness

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

don't worry internet i can assure you i don't enjoy scoping out video game titty so much that i refuse to even LOOK at a video game titty

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

get hosed kelloggs

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I'm more offended that they imposed capitalism on a vegetable

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
This is the best thread title on the forums. IRL it has leapt unbidden into my head and I've had to stifle a giggle.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I will not hear a word against The Woke Gamer.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Hachi machi

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh that’s even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmfao