Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Kenzie posted:

Tides go in, tides go out. Penis goes in, penis goes out. You can't explain that.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

This raises a good point: perhaps Bill O'Reilly doesn't understand how attraction, literal or figurative, works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

sweart gliwere posted:

This raises a good point: perhaps Bill O'Reilly doesn't understand how attraction, literal or figurative, works?

Fuckin’ consent, how does that work?

I just believe in miracles.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

RasperFat posted:

Fuckin’ consent, how does that work?

I just believe in miracles.

"I thought those were tears of JOY :shrug: "

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

sweart gliwere posted:

Looking at him and listening him, I can see this as a possibility, yes.

So has the RWM shitstorm started to rain down on Corker and Flake yet? Funny how so many Republicans feel free to talk when not facing re-election. Curious how the usual suspects will excuse the disloyalty. Probably by bring up a bill they once voted for that was sponsored by a Democrat or some stupid poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BiggerBoat posted:

So has the RWM shitstorm started to rain down on Corker and Flake yet? Funny how so many Republicans feel free to talk when not facing re-election. Curious how the usual suspects will excuse the disloyalty. Probably by bring up a bill they once voted for that was sponsored by a Democrat or some stupid poo poo.

They're doing victory laps that they "won" by forcing Flake out and largely ignoring the shitshow to focus on the devastating news that Hillary's going to jail for selling nukes to Russia or something.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Did FoxNews get into the whole THE SECRET fad?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
In which an r/The_Donald regular and former Milobot kills his dad for calling him a Nazi.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/youtube-trumpkin-and-former-milo-intern-kills-his-own-dad-for-calling-him-a-nazi

quote:

Something had set Lane Davis off, but that wasn’t unusual.

It was a clear summer afternoon on July 14, on Samish Island—a small, idyllic community off the northwest coast of Washington state—where Lane, a balding, bearded, Donald Trump-supporting conspiracy theorist and prolific YouTuber and Redditor, known online as Seattle4Truth, lived with his parents.

Lane had spent that Friday morning as he did most mornings, on the internet. This day, like the others, Lane read and retweeted posts celebrating the Second Amendment, bemoaning diversity, and spreading conspiracy theories that alleged Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta was involved in a child sex ring and DNC staffer Seth Rich had been murdered. It was the end of a busy week during which he contributed to the Donald Trump subreddit, and over on The Ralph Retort, a fringe blog where he worked as a political editor, (unpaid, according to the site’s owner), he had celebrated the idea of a Kid Rock Senate run, claimed America was under threat of Sharia law, and wondered whether CNN was “literally ISIS.”

Lane’s parents, Catherine and Charles Davis—Charles was known as Chuck to his friends— were used to their 33-year-old son’s outbursts. They had become so frequent that Charles had started recording the tirades on his phone. But that afternoon, they were tired of Lane’s screaming, wanted him to leave, and told him as much. Instead, Lane chased his parents around their home, spitting in his father’s face while screaming that he wasn’t threatening to kill them, but “pedophiles who were taking over the country.”

In a seeming confession, Lane Davis told detectives that the fight had started over “whether toddlers could consent to sex or not,” and his father had called him a Nazi and a racist. Held on one million dollars bail and represented by a public defender, Lane has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is slated for January.

Radicalized online by the RWM-sphere. He's been involved in all of the big -Gates of recent years, from Gamer- to Pizza-. 33 years old, bald, and lives with his parents. Truly the quintessential American ubermensch.

It's a much longer read, in which Milo and the Ralph Retort guy (who is currently in jail, lol) respond to say how much of a douche this guy is, while throwing in a bit of self-victimization at the hands of the big bad left wing conspiracy.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 25, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

See if you call someone a Nazi they have no choice but to become a nazi and murder their own father. It's truly our fault.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, that's the same guy who leaked that Milo/Breitbart info to Buzzfeed? :lol:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

Within minutes of Flake’s speech the RWM usuals on Twitter were going after him for being disloyal to Trump.

I don’t recall if they went after Corker.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Leofish posted:

33 years old, bald, and lives with his parents. Truly the quintessential American ubermensch.

from the description i was expecting a cross between the goon philosopher and ge cafe, not a church youth group pastor circa 2006

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Radish posted:

See if you call someone a Nazi they have no choice but to become a nazi and murder their own father. It's truly our fault.

No joke, someone blamed this on Wolfenstein, because it planted the idea of other people being Nazis in the father's head.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

No joke, someone blamed this on Wolfenstein, because it planted the idea of other people being Nazis in the father's head.

As we all know, Nazis never existed until 2017, due to the fact there are no war memorials to Nazi war heroes so everyone forgot what World War II was about. :v:

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Leofish posted:

In which an r/The_Donald regular and former Milobot kills his dad for calling him a Nazi.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/youtube-trumpkin-and-former-milo-intern-kills-his-own-dad-for-calling-him-a-nazi

Radicalized online by the RWM-sphere. He's been involved in all of the big -Gates of recent years, from Gamer- to Pizza-. 33 years old, bald, and lives with his parents. Truly the quintessential American ubermensch.

It's a much longer read, in which Milo and the Ralph Retort guy (who is currently in jail, lol) respond to say how much of a douche this guy is, while throwing in a bit of self-victimization at the hands of the big bad left wing conspiracy.

The guy spent years attacking everyone he disliked by calling them pedophiles, and the fatal fighting started over "whether toddlers could consent to sex" which says he and his dad disagreed about the answer being "No. Never." - so is this a Pedo's Godwin Projection or just sparse reporting?

Also, something I never thought I'd write: We'll have to see if the POTUS has anything to say about "both sides" of the pedo pride discussion. Ugh

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 25, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sweart gliwere posted:

The guy spent years attacking everyone he disliked by calling them pedophiles, and the fatal fighting started over "whether toddlers could consent to sex" which says he and his dad disagreed about the answer being "No. Never." - so is this a Pedo's Godwin Projection or just sparse reporting?

who knows, the dude's testimony isn't reliable because he sounds like an unhinged person with anger problems who antagonized his problems by deep diving into conspiracy theories

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

sweart gliwere posted:

I hate it when reporters do this. When you have a quote like that, where the immediate, universal reaction is "WAIT, WHAT??", the reasonable thing to do is follow up on that, not just move on.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

I hate it when reporters do this. When you have a quote like that, where the immediate, universal reaction is "WAIT, WHAT??", the reasonable thing to do is follow up on that, not just move on.

I didn't see a spot where the reporter could have followed up.

The information came from Davis' statement to police and the writer may not have access to interview the mother.

As much as we're all squicked about what the final argument was about, the only thing you can do with the information is simply print it. I might would have divided that paragraph into two to not bury the information in the middle of it or moved the paragraph just below the lede. It's a heck of a tidbit to start an article with, but whether it goes there or not depends on if you feel it's the right bit of shocking information to suck a reader in.

I'm in an area where old ladies have complained about the worst "snot" in an article. Even being an online publication, a lede of baby sex might not cut it at the Daily Beast.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just want to know who was on which side of the argument.

I might be able to understand wanting to stab someone if they sincerely thought that toddlers can consent.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I just want to know who was on which side of the argument.

I might be able to understand wanting to stab someone if they sincerely thought that toddlers can consent.

The article makes it clear that the dude was deranged and not listening to anything his folks were saying to him before the cops showed up. It really sounds like the dad was gonna get stabbed either way because the guy just lost it after his parents told him to get out of their house. The consent question is just the guy trying to cover his rear end with whatever crazy story he could spin post-facto just like every Trump die-hard does.

Apparently his dad was recording the whole thing on his phone because the guy would have so many of these outbursts as of late that it kind of became cheap entertainment for his parents to document them (his mother was even laughing at him on the 911 call before he turned violent). So the moment of the murder is likely on tape and gift wrapped for the prosecution to either confirm or disprove this loser's claim.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Don't worry, Trump will pardon him

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Leofish posted:

Sounds more like he killed his dad because he was gonna kick him out of the house and he literally had no life outside of living at home and posting online.

If there isn't a version of the affluenza defense for broke-rear end 30-something internet trolls this could end up being the first. That or he'll claim his dad molested him or something.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Woah I remember Ralph Retort. He's in jail?

*click clakety clack*

Oh I see. He "was found drunk and passed out next to the Executive Conference and Training Center near Dulles International Airport. Police were called to the scene, where they attempted to awaken him while passed out in a nearby hotel lobby."

"This is where things reportedly turned violent between law enforcement and Ethan Ralph, who allegedly assaulted a deputy. He was immediately arrested and charged. In addition to two counts of felonious assault on a law enforcement officer, Ralph faces additional charges of obstruction of justice."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Republicans posted:

Sounds more like he killed his dad because he was gonna kick him out of the house and he literally had no life outside of living at home and posting online.

If there isn't a version of the affluenza defense for broke-rear end 30-something internet trolls this could end up being the first. That or he'll claim his dad molested him or something.

Yeah. This one's getting attention because of the dude's connections to Milo and alt-right media and his role as BuzzFeed's source in that takedown story they did a few weeks ago, but I have kind of a sick feeling in my gut that this might be the ultimate endpoint for a number of these alt-right Tump/Milo/Gamergate/Nazi millennial kids: either killing someone else or getting killed themselves because their delusions, zealotry and lack of social skills and self-control just get the better of them to a fatal degree.

They don't know how to de-escalate online, so they don't know how to de-escalate in real life either, and that poo poo often has terrible consequences.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah. This one's getting attention because of the dude's connections to Milo and alt-right media and his role as BuzzFeed's source in that takedown story they did a few weeks ago, but I have kind of a sick feeling in my gut that this might be the ultimate endpoint for a number of these alt-right Tump/Milo/Gamergate/Nazi millennial kids: either killing someone else or getting killed themselves because their delusions, zealotry and lack of social skills and self-control just get the better of them to a fatal degree.

They don't know how to de-escalate online, so they don't know how to de-escalate in real life either, and that poo poo often has terrible consequences.

I worked with at-risk kids when I lived in Canada and more than a few have learned this very lesson the painful way. God help you if you try and warn them that there are real consequences for being a mouthy poo poo in the real world; much screeching about freedom of speech usually follows. It's a lovely principle to believe in, but it doesn't change the fact that obscenity or racism in front of the wrong people has some pretty dire results.

The 2016 election was an interesting time. Whenever Trump said something horrible, the boys imitated him, including the Access Hollywood tapes. Any attempt to rein that behaviour in was usually met with some variation on "What's the problem? It's how the president talks."

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Fearless posted:

The 2016 election was an interesting time. Whenever Trump said something horrible, the boys imitated him, including the Access Hollywood tapes.
Any attempt to rein that behaviour in was usually met with some variation on "What's the problem? It's how the president talks."

"The president is a retard. You wanna sound like a retard?" :smugbert:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Fearless posted:

The 2016 election was an interesting time. Whenever Trump said something horrible, the boys imitated him, including the Access Hollywood tapes. Any attempt to rein that behaviour in was usually met with some variation on "What's the problem? It's how the president talks."

Oh no. That's...troublesome. Do you think, them not being as privileged as Trump was, they will grow out of this phase? Maybe once we have a Republican president with a better sense of rhetoric?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

toanoradian posted:

Oh no. That's...troublesome. Do you think, them not being as privileged as Trump was, they will grow out of this phase? Maybe once we have a Republican president with a better sense of rhetoric?

They'll grow out of it the first time they get jacked in the face for being a racist poo poo irl. Until then, they'll keep their poo poo up.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I really think, for as much as the internet has connected people to each other, it's done a lot of damage in our collective ability to have grown-up conversations about complicated issues. I honestly wonder how many people get most of their discourse on contentious issues through comments sections or Facebook. People certainly CAN have reasonable conversations online, but that lack of vocal and body cues really makes a difference, and can lead to misinterpretation, especially if someone isn't an effective writer. This is also far more likely in a conversation with strangers. People are often much more combative with each other in news comments than they would be on a friend's page, for example.

Now, I'm sure there were always obstinate assholes throughout history who would never budge in their ridiculous opinions, but I think the internet has amplified their voices in recent years and given them all their own echo chambers where they can practice and hone their obstinacy to absurd degrees.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Glenn Beck just said that grabbing a woman's breasts and forcing them into a kiss, and putting your erect dick on a woman's shoulder are not sexual assault. :psyduck:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Twelve by Pies posted:

Glenn Beck just said that grabbing a woman's breasts and forcing them into a kiss, and putting your erect dick on a woman's shoulder are not sexual assault. :psyduck:

Just wait for the pivot!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can't wait for that guy to see the light again so that the next idiot can try and rehabilitate him as a reformed conservative.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Woah I remember Ralph Retort. He's in jail?

*click clakety clack*

Oh I see. He "was found drunk and passed out next to the Executive Conference and Training Center near Dulles International Airport. Police were called to the scene, where they attempted to awaken him while passed out in a nearby hotel lobby."

"This is where things reportedly turned violent between law enforcement and Ethan Ralph, who allegedly assaulted a deputy. He was immediately arrested and charged. In addition to two counts of felonious assault on a law enforcement officer, Ralph faces additional charges of obstruction of justice."

So I had never heard of this guy and decided to google him. That led me to his site where I foolishly clicked a random article with the acronym "MGTOW" in it.

Then I discovered this pot o'gold. https://www.mgtow.com/

I don't know if this has ever been covered in D&D, but someone with more time and eloquence than me should give it a try.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BootStrap posted:

So I had never heard of this guy and decided to google him. That led me to his site where I foolishly clicked a random article with the acronym "MGTOW" in it.

Then I discovered this pot o'gold. https://www.mgtow.com/

I don't know if this has ever been covered in D&D, but someone with more time and eloquence than me should give it a try.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

quote:

Do you realize how brilliant your hand is at stimulating your penis? Are you circumcised? Why are you so bad at masturbation? Are you rushing it? WTF is your issue? How the gently caress can you possibly say that a vagina is more skilled at stimulating your penis than your own hand? It doesn't even make sense scientifically. So like I said, you are either a woman, or you have never been laid and imagine pussy to be this magical thing that magically stimulates all the precise areas of your penis the way you want. Let me tell you virgin, it DOESN'T.

Amazing

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^^
It's like that ridiculous Kirk...whatever creationist argument about bananas having been designed by god to perfectly fit in man's hand. Except instead of bananas it's your cock.

I wish I could remember who posted it originally, but the joke was that MGTOW was originally thought up by women sick of dealing with MRAs, so one of them decided to put on a fake mustache and a binder, and go to some MRA meeting and go "What if we just...never interacted with women again? Like, ever? Wouldn't that show them?!"

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 26, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i always get mgtow and mtgox mixed up

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i always get mgtow and mtgox mixed up

they're both centered around masturbation, so it's understandable

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Avirosb posted:

"The president is a retard. You wanna sound like a retard?" :smugbert:

Not a word I use, because some of the kids I worked with did indeed have cognitive delays. Prior to working with these kids, I was a bouncer in a night club and did indeed see people get beaten pretty badly for saying or doing the wrong things to the wrong people. So I reminded them that Trump is shielded by the secret service and his wealth (whilst they are dirt poor and have no body guards) and warned them, continually, of the outcome hoping that maybe some of them might listen...

Zipperelli. posted:

They'll grow out of it the first time they get jacked in the face for being a racist poo poo irl. Until then, they'll keep their poo poo up.

...But there is always a special few that just need to get burned in order to learn. Two really stand out in my mind; they wound up getting broken noses and black eyes because they spoke irresponsibly. Some people really suffer for their art, I guess.

Kidding aside, this is one of the paradoxes of working with these kids. We provided the nurturing, caring environment these kids had been deprived of in the hopes that some of it would rub off when they wind up having their own families. What we don't do is give the kids a swat when they say something completely ignorant and as a result they don't get that lesson until someone out in the real world hammers the poo poo out of them for being a racist rear end in a top hat. It kinda sets them up for pain, in the long run (not that I advocate hitting children as a matter of course, but that's a whole different kettle of fish).

toanoradian posted:

I think that a lot of them already act like that in the first place and seeing someone in a position of high authority do the same simply justifies/confirms what they are already doing. None of them were sweet little angels that were corrupted by the trauma of watching the 2016 election cycle and its outcome.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Leofish posted:

I really think, for as much as the internet has connected people to each other, it's done a lot of damage in our collective ability to have grown-up conversations about complicated issues. I honestly wonder how many people get most of their discourse on contentious issues through comments sections or Facebook. People certainly CAN have reasonable conversations online, but that lack of vocal and body cues really makes a difference, and can lead to misinterpretation, especially if someone isn't an effective writer. This is also far more likely in a conversation with strangers. People are often much more combative with each other in news comments than they would be on a friend's page, for example.

Now, I'm sure there were always obstinate assholes throughout history who would never budge in their ridiculous opinions, but I think the internet has amplified their voices in recent years and given them all their own echo chambers where they can practice and hone their obstinacy to absurd degrees.

The anonymity has something to do with it too. Any idiot can spout off racist or antisemitic bullshit and not be held accountable for it. I'm not advocating for removing anonymity from the internet but, I attempting to highlight that it is one of the downsides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

^^^^^
It's like that ridiculous Kirk...whatever creationist argument about bananas having been designed by god to perfectly fit in man's hand. Except instead of bananas it's your cock.

I wish I could remember who posted it originally, but the joke was that MGTOW was originally thought up by women sick of dealing with MRAs, so one of them decided to put on a fake mustache and a binder, and go to some MRA meeting and go "What if we just...never interacted with women again? Like, ever? Wouldn't that show them?!"

A good strategy, if not for the fact that some mgtow types like to constantly tell women how little they interact with them.

"This is just my daily reminder that I'm not talking to you, or thinking about you, or need you at all. Let me know when you change your mind on the whole 'feminism' thing. See you tomorrow."