Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder if they've somehow convinced themselves that Nazis aren't real.

The Kinney of people thary insist that they aren't Nazis and are just good Trump supporters I think lends credence to that idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
sure are a lot of people with profiles full of white supremacist nazi poo poo on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/jakefromabove

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

whaley posted:

sure are a lot of people with profiles full of white supremacist nazi poo poo on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/jakefromabove

How many of them are goons

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KomradeX posted:

The Kinney of people thary insist that they aren't Nazis and are just good Trump supporters I think lends credence to that idea

Even when a video game features literal goosestepping, swastika-waving, sieg heiling capital N-Nazis, they think it's about Trump supporters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

theyre busy convincing themselves that Actually Nazis Were The Original Antifa

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

*watches all of Green Room*

OH SO I GUESS TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE BAD HUH!?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Like reverse solipsism?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

Like reverse solipsism?

One of the dumbest takes I've seen among gamers is that all the Nazis are just trolling and trying to make people mad by convincing us they're Nazis - and while a lot of the alt right guys did think it was just a goof, it sure as Hell isn't all of them. I think it's easy for people who have minimal social contact with the real physical world to assume that everything transgressive is just a joke and that Nazis can't possibly be for real.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

One of the dumbest takes I've seen among gamers is that all the Nazis are just trolling and trying to make people mad by convincing us they're Nazis - and while a lot of the alt right guys did think it was just a goof, it sure as Hell isn't all of them. I think it's easy for people who have minimal social contact with the real physical world to assume that everything transgressive is just a joke and that Nazis can't possibly be for real.

Also all those people are hugely racist and hate women and feel the white race is superior and deserves special treatment, so the line is kind of hazy. They're usually "joking" in the way that conservatives think jokes work: ie being more aggressive than usual in voicing one's actual beliefs.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"nazis aren't real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the protestors with my lovely challenger

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

cryingandalusia smiley

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Hitler declared the Japanese "honorary Aryans" after watching episode 88 of Naruto

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

If you want to kill racists/facists/nazis just kill anyone who has more than 1000 hours banked in rust.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

first muslim country of western europe? there was a gamedev scene in the Emirate of Cordoba?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fatherboxx posted:

first muslim country of western europe? there was a gamedev scene in the Emirate of Cordoba?

They're talking about Sweden.

Incidentally I find it kinda funny that the big bad boogeyman country for the fash is one that consistently hovers at or near the top of every single QoL ranking.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Some skullduggery here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Q_C4WaEnA

From what it sounds like, the fash on Saturday want to do a torch march through Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

Actually might be Friday night though the voice in that video says Saturday. This could be a headfake, as well.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2041074962782551/

quote:

Middle Tennessee State University officials canceled the Contest of Champions ahead of a White Lives Matter rally in Murfreesboro.

According to MTSU Police officials a possible torch rally is in the works for Friday at Forrest Hall on campus - one day before the rally to be held in the square.

A second rally was also set on the same day in Shelbyville.
The public plan they're going with is to meet in the small town of Shelbyville on Saturday morning and then drive 25 miles up to Murfressboro in the afternoon. Also it's a bunch of the more boneheaded radical groups and there's, like, five different groups. And they're trying to coordinate all of this stuff for two different events in two cities.

Sounds clusterfuckey.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Oct 26, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think it's easy for people who have minimal social contact with the real physical world to assume that everything transgressive is just a joke and that Nazis can't possibly be for real.

Ah, the Cartman Effect.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

Hitler declared the Japanese "honorary Aryans" after watching episode 88 of Naruto

Somewhere out there one of the pepes has made one of those blue cloth and metal Naruto headbands with a Swastika on it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Local news bit on the counter-protests: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/antifa-activists-plan-to-attend-white-lives-matter-rallies

Two problems immediately pop out. First is some self-appointed spokesman talking to the press. Second is the press fell for a fake "Nashville Antifa" thing on Facebook.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the people that are just along for the lulz are providing cover for the actual nazis whether they know it or not

collaborators have always and will always be shot/punched in the face

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Local news bit on the counter-protests: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/antifa-activists-plan-to-attend-white-lives-matter-rallies

Two problems immediately pop out. First is some self-appointed spokesman talking to the press. Second is the press fell for a fake "Nashville Antifa" thing on Facebook.

third thing is this is the second paragraph

Antifa is a political movement comprised of self-styled anti-fascist activists and groups. Their known for their violent protests and rallies.

so i think your local news is run by idiots

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

actually there's a grammatical error in the first paragraph of that story as well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

and the 4th paragraph

Lemley is an anit-fascism activist. "Its really just a political stance that you're against fascism," he explained.

local news is a joke lmao

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Data Graham posted:

It's because of the marketing, which is taking the game's concept of "fascism could arise in America" in a post-Charlottesville atmosphere and running with it.

The people complaining aren't nazis of course they're just normal folks who happen to follow people like Milo Yiannopolous and Baked Alaska because they like it when people aren't afraid to not be politically correct and to use the k-word and the f-word and the n-word because that's the 2010s' equivalent of Cartman ripping on Kyle but if you're gonna call me a nazi for laughing at a joke and for rooting for these guys when they go and hold rallies WELL THEN I GUESS I'M A NAZI THEN, ARE YOU HAPPY

I dunno, personally my reaction in that sort of situation would be to stop doing the thing that makes people mad, but I guess doubling down is the American way now.

Nobody becomes a nazi because they were made fun of for being a nazi. They've been nazis this whole time

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

420 Gank Mid posted:

Nobody becomes a nazi because they were made fun of for being a nazi. They've been nazis this whole time

If calling people nazis turned them into nazis, then there would be way more nazi feminists just from the influence of talk radio alone.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

420 Gank Mid posted:

Yes, I need a better sarcasm font

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

business hammocks posted:

If calling people nazis turned them into nazis, then there would be way more nazi feminists just from the influence of talk radio alone.

wouldnt some of these pepes get laid in that case?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

sneakyfrog posted:

wouldnt some of these pepes get laid in that case?

No, since they still don't bathe.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Captain_Maclaine posted:

No, since they still don't bathe.

or wipe their rear end

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Gringostar posted:

or wipe their rear end

Speaking of rear end....

https://twitter.com/OrangeMangudai/status/923566407312220161

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
ian cheong is one of the slug men from the cathedral of the deep in dark souls 3

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ian thinks tweeting about video game journalism is STEM

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
why hasn't anyone made a game where you kill gamers yet

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whaley posted:

why hasn't anyone made a game where you kill gamers yet

they did, the sequel comes out tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy4WW8TqL8

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yeah the steam forums on that one changed me from "oh cool might pick that one up on sale" to "I will buy anything they make day one just to make sure they keep angering the pepes".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think the term is "triggering"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Data Graham posted:

I think the term is "triggering"

I WAS TRIGGERED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU