Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

zoux posted:

6/10/8 was Lonzo's line from last night but you'd think he'd had a quadruple double from all the headlines

Its pretty good for someone in like their fourth game.

I'm gonna be the earnest Lonzo defender, seems like an underserved niche and a chance to make Rick mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My problem with Lonzo isn't Lonzo it's all the hype around him, which isn't his fault obviously.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Eric Gordon is the bet player in the NBA and he is going to lead the Houston Rockets to a 1 seed

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The Bucks "return to the MECCA" is pretty neat

http://www.nba.com/bucks/mecca/

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

Is Brooklyn a team to stealth bandwagon??

I responded to like all of last page about how Brooklyn's good but I accidentally delete the post oops

Short story is here:
http://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=1
Number 1 points per game most exciting team in the NBA: Nets then Warriors then the teams the Nets have played
Number 30 the New York Knicks

(if you adjust for per possessions Nets are like 6th and Knicks stay 30th)

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

CRISPYBABY posted:

For sure. They're young, play hard and there's the D'Lo redemption arc.

As a Raptors fan I'm slightly salty about Demarre Carroll actually looking like an NBA player for them. I know that their offense fits him better, but I'm not entirely blind, he looked busted as gently caress for the last two years along with not fitting great in Toronto. What happened? I'm having a real hard time accepting that just a change of scenery suddenly made him remember how to play basketball, but here we are.

Casey is a bad coach who doesn't utilize his players well.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Eric Gordon is balling the gently caress out.

gently caress 'em

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MourningView posted:

Its pretty good for someone in like their fourth game.

I'm gonna be the earnest Lonzo defender, seems like an underserved niche and a chance to make Rick mad

It's really really good for a 19 year old rookie. And just being a 19 year old rookie is already like a 70% shot at being a pretty good player:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...f=Y&order_by=ws

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Studied at UCI. Yeah this guy is trash

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

When Parker and Kawhi get back, the Spurs are gonna be unstoppable. Their performance without them has been impressive so far

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Studied at UCI. Yeah this guy is trash

His name is Hubbell McNaughton, if he's not a Phi Delt who plays lacrosse then I don't know anything about the world anymore.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
QUESTION is it true that the Grizzlies PA guy has started playing "Oh hi Mark" after Marc Gasol hits his shots

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

EvanTH posted:

QUESTION is it true that the Grizzlies PA guy has started playing "Oh hi Mark" after Marc Gasol hits his shots

Oh god, I hope so

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Day Man posted:

Oh god, I hope so

I'm only seeing this one instance but I haven't caught a full grizzly game yet:
https://streamable.com/usdoz

Also two games ago D'Lo put in a floater that went off the top of the screen like Iverson's shot over Dwight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czCfKetQeY&t=101s

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Day Man posted:

When Parker and Kawhi get back, the Spurs are gonna be unstoppable. Their performance without them has been impressive so far

It's going to be the same because the spurs never change

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Metapod posted:

It's going to be the same because the spurs never change

https://twitter.com/airlessjordan/status/921923858298523648

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lowry 5 of 18 from the field. woof

Poeltl with 11 offensive boards!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

EvanTH posted:

I'm only seeing this one instance but I haven't caught a full grizzly game yet:
https://streamable.com/usdoz

That's amazing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-bulls-nikola-mirotic-future-20171025-story.html

Niko really loves the Bulls for some reason and Portis might have to be traded. Although I can't think of many teams who would want him

RCarr posted:

Can't believe John Wall is the first man ever to exaggerate perceived contact at the buzzer. He should be banned from the league imo.

:rolleyes: Lonzo was BEHIND him, standing completely still while Wall developed momentary ataxia. It was absolutely ridiculous looking. Don't be obtuse my man

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 26, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Now I'm of the opinion that was a good game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

From Concord, CA

Warriors fans were a mistake

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

:rolleyes: Lonzo was BEHIND him, standing completely still while Wall developed momentary ataxia. It was absolutely ridiculous looking. Don't be obtuse my man

Are you trying to say, with a straight face, that you've never seen anyone do this before? You've never seen someone flail to try to draw contact when his defender is behind him? Come on.

It's obviously ridiculous looking, I'm not denying that. Just don't act like it's something crazy that doesn't happen all the time.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

From Concord, CA

Warriors fans were a mistake

Concords a dump. Good Mexican food though

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

Are you trying to say, with a straight face, that you've never seen anyone do this before? You've never seen someone flail to try to draw contact when his defender is behind him? Come on.

? Where did you get any of that from. It was stupid looking and pathetic, I couldn't care less if someone else has also done something stupid looking

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Danny LaFever posted:

Lowry 5 of 18 from the field. woof

Poeltl with 11 offensive boards!

Poeltl is extremely good and I look forwards to the Delon/Poeltl/OG super team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hand Knit posted:

Poeltl is extremely good and I look forwards to the Delon/Poeltl/OG super team.

Dwayne Casey doesn't understand or absolutely hates reliable big rotations which means Poeltl will be sitting for no reason behind 35 minute JV games with Siakam as his backup. Bebe will become healthy, come back and get a decent statline for 5 minutes off the bench, then inexplicably be starting ahead of JV for the next 5 games.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

scuz posted:

The Bucks "return to the MECCA" is pretty neat

http://www.nba.com/bucks/mecca/

This owns and it's so weird to think of the Bucks as a classic powerhouse team yet it did actually happen for like 20 years

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

? Where did you get any of that from. It was stupid looking and pathetic, I couldn't care less if someone else has also done something stupid looking

My post sarcastically says he was the first person to ever do that and then you attacked me for it. I never said it didn't look ridiculous, or anything along those lines. How else was I supposed to interpret your post?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

EvanTH posted:

It's really really good for a 19 year old rookie. And just being a 19 year old rookie is already like a 70% shot at being a pretty good player:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...f=Y&order_by=ws
They let all the offense run through him so he'll get assists on their made shots, but he shot 2/11. Last game he shot 3/13, the first game he shot 1/6, and even the outlier game where the Suns gave up and let him have free points, he only shot 44%. The flaw that people saw with him coming in still seems to be there in spades. He's plenty young, but that shot as it exists is ugly and janky and he deserves to be missing so many of his attempts. I think it's still an open question whether he can figure out how to shoot a basketball.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

My post sarcastically says he was the first person to ever do that and then you attacked me for it. I never said it didn't look ridiculous, or anything along those lines. How else was I supposed to interpret your post?

The point is I never said anything about him being the first person to do it so I'm not sure what you were commenting on or want to continue on about, if you agree that it was ridiculous looking then we've agreed the whole time :) Basketball builds bridges

Also when did I attack you, you responded to me with unrelated sarcasm and I said... nothing mean in response? Asked you to stop being obtuse? Ouch

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 26, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Also when did I attack you, you responded to me with unrelated sarcasm and I said... nothing mean in response? Asked you to stop being obtuse? Ouch

I responded to a different poster dude. What are you talking about?

Redgrendel2001 posted:
That's soooooo cheap.

Was what I responded to.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

I responded to a different poster dude. What are you talking about?

Well you're right about that. You win this part

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well you're right about that. You win this part

YES! :dance:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Korkmaz has been sent to the G-League!

https://twitter.com/TomMoorePhilly/status/923554326605426688

I thought he was supposed to be good from what Sixer fans were posting. Then again I thought Dario Saric was supposed to be good for the same reason but everyone says he sucks now. Can't keep these Philly boys straight

Can't wait to see what flotsam the Suns eventually have to end up taking. Fire management and the whole FO

Whoever said minor internet tiffs can't end in a reasonable way was dead wrong!

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 26, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CBM for graciously conceding an internet argument I reward you with this funny tweet featuring ya boy Jayson Tatum

https://twitter.com/jaytatum0/status/190937795047596032

I guess he'd have been about 14 or 15 then

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

CBM for graciously conceding an internet argument I reward you with this funny tweet featuring ya boy Jayson Tatum

https://twitter.com/jaytatum0/status/190937795047596032

I guess he'd have been about 14 or 15 then

Hahah that's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Tatum seems like the nicest guy in the world. Thank you

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
there are 37 active players that were born after pop became the coach of the spurs

dejounte was 3 months old

that's pretty lol, in my opinion

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

@lbronhubbard follow back its me that guy who likes your dunks on the internet follow back

e: wait jay-san is larry hughes nephew? that owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Bucks need to incorporate their cartoon logo into more merchandise, just a thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Carlosologist posted:

the Bucks need to incorporate their cartoon logo into more merchandise, just a thought

Last I look everything had that faux vintage fade applied to it, just give me the logo on a black shirt man

• Locked thread