Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I've never worn cargo shorts. I mean I wore loving Jnco and Echo stuff in HS so that's just as bad but that was also 20 loving years ago so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Christian Danner.

He’s aged like 40 years in 20. Man had a lucious head of golden hair.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

I view Lewis Hamilton in the same light I view Tom Brady: good gods they're assholes but holy gently caress are they talented.

Lewis seems like a nice guy who is not quite sure how to act given his sudden fame and wealth. Not sure where you get the rear end in a top hat vibe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

Lewis seems like a nice guy who is not quite sure how to act given his sudden fame and wealth. Not sure where you get the rear end in a top hat vibe.

His comments on IndyCar left a bad taste in my mouth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Danner I think.

I figured it was either him or Bernd Schneider but IIRC Schneider doesn't look that old

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

IndyCar fans should chill

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lewis is a dweeb and holy hell stop hyping him up, he's okay but not some Ubermensch drivef. He's in the fastest car on the grid lmbo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Lewis is a dweeb and holy hell stop hyping him up, he's okay but not some Ubermensch drivef. He's in the fastest car on the grid lmbo.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

He is right though. Newgarden did pretty badly in GP3 and promptly switched his focus to IndyCars.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like IndyCar but its fans sometimes have a lack of self-awareness about IndyCar being a poverty series.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hamilton is going to tie some guy named Nico Rosberg for most consecutive starts this race at 206, next race he takes the record solo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You'd think someone like Alonso would have the record.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like IndyCar but its fans sometimes have a lack of self-awareness about IndyCar being a poverty series.

I love it but it’s true.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It’s almost like American sports fans are the absolute worst??? See: USGP intro, MLS

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I figured it was either him or Bernd Schneider but IIRC Schneider doesn't look that old

You’ll be pleased to know that the Zakspeed he was demoing broke after about 5 laps.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Y'all should stop being so loving racist

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol where's that guy who pops in to report us for being racist for not liking Lewis Hamilton? Miss that guy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

During their time together at McLaren, Are Jense outscored Their Lewis.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

poty posted:

Vettel wasn't into the whole intro schtick, it sounds like the only things that get Germans excited are cheating at F1 and spending British tax money

The last time Germans were doing the exact same thing with their flag and bombastic intros they had the ovens cranked right up makes you think

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

The last time Germans were doing the exact same thing with their flag and bombastic intros they had the ovens cranked right up makes you think

Jesus, dude.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

iospace posted:

US GP 2005 ruined it for lots of people.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Nah Alonso missed the first race for McLaren in 2015. He missed another last year after that terrible crash he had. He also skipped Monaco this year to drive around in a circle at Indy. I can't be bothered to go back any farther.

EDIT: Double post avoidance. 2005 wouldn't affect this. Lewis didn't join F1 until 2007 so what happened at Indy has no bearing on Lewis holding the record as far as Nando is concerned. Nevermind this, I see your point.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 26, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Lewis was weird tho? :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

He coulda if he didn't keep running into poo poo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Entirely because Massa angrily drove into Our Lewis repeatedly in the 2011 season.

Also, this stat:

Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

That's a cool stat actually, let's do it for Alonso and Vandoorne:

Alonso 3 / Vandoorne 1

drat.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 26, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

US GP 2005 ruined it for lots of people.

While that is true, Lewis didn't enter F1 until 2007.

I also totally forgot Alonso missed Bahrain last year after crashing in Australia (and Australia the year prior after crashing in pre-season testing).

For what it's worth, Nando started 186 races in a row, from France 2005 to Abu Dabi 2014. Had he not missed those two races in 2015 and 2016, he'd be at 229 races up to Russia this year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

From what I remember Lewis drove like absolute poo poo in 2011. Like Romain grosjean bad.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

From what I remember Lewis drove like absolute poo poo in 2011. Like Romain grosjean bad.

2011 was the season that defined Romain Grosjean's badness wasn't it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Other interesting things to note:

Lewis may be the only driver to finish every lap this year (he's the only one so far). The only other driver that has yet to DNF is Ocon, but he finished a lap down in at least one race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He was extremely good in 2012 though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

2011 was the season that defined Romain Grosjean's badness wasn't it?

No that was 2012, where he committed that unforgivable sin at Spa.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I might just subscribe to Motorsport Prime just so I can read this story:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-villeneuve-jerez-1997-untold-story-970564/

Untold story: When Schumacher met Villeneuve in the bar after Jerez

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

I might just subscribe to Motorsport Prime just so I can read this story:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-villeneuve-jerez-1997-untold-story-970564/

Untold story: When Schumacher met Villeneuve in the bar after Jerez

It's a hilarious story, it's worth getting prime for.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I watched the entire 2005 USGP and loved it. Monteiro was so happy and the Ferrari drivers were so ashamed.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Lol @ epic mental bird lady qq'ing aboot having antiques roadshow spoiled for her in the F1 thread.

Also lol at the guy suggesting a 500bhp R32 GT-R track car would be a reasonable idea.

I had a dream I spent my house deposit money on entering the Caterham Academy championship. So I subconciously know terrible ideas.

I don't think i'm going to be able to do the Official FIA race ratings because I'm on holiday, sorry, just sorry.

I still didn't see the race so I assume that it was a Ferrari 1 2 and both the Mercedes were disqualified for having GRIDS

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

iospace posted:

Cargo shorts are amazing.

Pockets in general are amazing.

In other words, gently caress women's "fashion" and the lack of pockets in it

Remember that brief glorious period of time when skater pants were in fashion and we were allowed to have 6 enormous pockets :allears:

Women’s dresses don’t have pockets because back in the day men thought that women would hide bottles of poison and stiletto knives in them, and then it became a “tradition” like walking to the left of a horse because idiot inbred aristocrats (aka “cavalry officers”) used to forget they were wearing a sword, and would take out their own horses while mounting them.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/788jht/on_the_future_of_f1_digital_content_and_rformula1/

The digital future of F1 is in the hands of a group of people who make us seem like well-adjusted members of society

"Tldr: /r/Formula1 will be one of the main sources of feedback for what the future of Formula 1's digital platforms will be."

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I love how everyone on SA rags on reddit because it isnt dying a slow irrelevant death.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

track day bro! posted:

I love how everyone on SA rags on reddit because it isnt dying a slow irrelevant death.

I really enjoy some of the sub-reddits such as r/askUK and r/CasualUK but the F1 sub is loving dreadful. The hero-worship of Will Buxton makes me cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/788jht/on_the_future_of_f1_digital_content_and_rformula1/

The digital future of F1 is in the hands of a group of people who make us seem like well-adjusted members of society

"Tldr: /r/Formula1 will be one of the main sources of feedback for what the future of Formula 1's digital platforms will be."

Lmao

How long until Liberty introduces Stage Races like NASCAR and Playoffs? I give it another season or two.

• Locked thread