Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

Rex is probably the best mix-meta leader in the game. If you've got him and R2 geared and zeta'd, I'd say take the plunge. I held top 50 during the triple cleanse meta with that squad and it should do okay now if the gear and mods are up to par.

Just to be clear, I do not currently have R2 (positioned to unlock him at 5* tomorrow) and I am in the mid-70s so Zetas are still a little ways out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm on a May 2017 shard, Wiggs-Chaze teams are 43 out of the top 50 teams right now. I know it's not a team you can ride out forever barring large shifts in the meta, but at least until people start capping out en masse I was thinking it could be a big boost to me with the increase to crit and extra stuns.

Maybe you're on my shard!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Rex is probably the best mix-meta leader in the game. If you've got him and R2 geared and zeta'd, I'd say take the plunge. I held top 50 during the triple cleanse meta with that squad and it should do okay now if the gear and mods are up to par.

I'm currently running Rex(l), CLS, GK, Thrawn, Nihilus. I take first every day and drop into the teens/low 20s overnight. I'm running rex due to the prevalence of raid Hans on my server.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm on a May 2017 shard, Wiggs-Chaze teams are 43 out of the top 50 teams right now. I know it's not a team you can ride out forever barring large shifts in the meta, but at least until people start capping out en masse I was thinking it could be a big boost to me with the increase to crit and extra stuns.

On my july 2017 shard half the teams in the 50-150 range are Wiggs, Lando, STH, Palpie. My Phoenix squad chews through this line up without effort, but i lose 100-150 positions every night :(
Actually the only teams i have lost against when on offense in a month or so have been other Phoenix teams. The key for PS vs PS is to kill Kanan asap so debuffs doesn't heal them up.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

On my july 2017 shard half the teams in the 50-150 range are Wiggs, Lando, STH, Palpie. My Phoenix squad chews through this line up without effort, but i lose 100-150 positions every night :(
Actually the only teams i have lost against when on offense in a month or so have been other Phoenix teams. The key for PS vs PS is to kill Kanan asap so debuffs doesn't heal them up.

Yeah a lot of people on my shard are still using Phoenix Squad, but they only have one or two teams that occasionally break through into the very bottom of the top 50.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

7* R2D2 acquired. Relatively speaking it felt a lot easier than Thrawn. Got it on my 2nd attempt though that might have been lucky.
Palpie L, Thrawn, GMT, TFP and StT. Also this squad is really fun to play. I see now why people say TFP dishes out so much damage, he must have done 80% of the damage done in the R2D2 event, multiple back to back crits. In a single row of only his turns he killed Han, Luke and Leia. Palpie, who is my MVP in GW barely got to do a single thing.

Should i put on my big boy pants and go for an endgame arena team now? I have Thrawn, R2D2, DN (only 5*) Rex (only 4*) and will unlock Han Solo in a couple of Rancors. Those 5 are a common arena team aren't they?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Ineptitude posted:

7* R2D2 acquired. Relatively speaking it felt a lot easier than Thrawn. Got it on my 2nd attempt though that might have been lucky.
Palpie L, Thrawn, GMT, TFP and StT. Also this squad is really fun to play. I see now why people say TFP dishes out so much damage, he must have done 80% of the damage done in the R2D2 event, multiple back to back crits. In a single row of only his turns he killed Han, Luke and Leia. Palpie, who is my MVP in GW barely got to do a single thing.

Should i put on my big boy pants and go for an endgame arena team now? I have Thrawn, R2D2, DN (only 5*) Rex (only 4*) and will unlock Han Solo in a couple of Rancors. Those 5 are a common arena team aren't they?

Oh yeah, you can go for it no doubt. You will need to put rex lead though, and at 4 stars, he might be a liability... Do you have an auto taunter or a good tank to go with that while you wait for raid Han?

What are their gear levels and mods though. you will need a lot of speed to counter the low star count so you go before your opponont.

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 26, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Phoenix is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGshit on defense.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Definitely start gearing that core, but I wouldn't switch to it until you've got 7*'s on Rex. With fleet and guild shop buys, shouldn't take too long. Nihilus is fine to use at 5*.

Rex (L), R2D2, Thrawn, Nihilus/RHan + Tank

You could run those 5 and no tank, and you'd enjoy some success, but you're going to run into problems against Wiggs since they can just erase your dmg dealer. Definitely stun Wedge or Biggs right outta the gate.

If you run fast thrawn and throw the first turn to R2, or run fast R2, he can stealth the team off the bat, negating the opening Wiggs salvo, maybe buying time for RHan to wax wedge, and you can stun something more critical out of the gate like enemy R2. Then Thrawn can body the poo poo outa R2 and you're in the money.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Has anyone noticed their attacks in arena doing no damage? I’ll attack, the animation plays, status effects are resisted or applied, but no damage numbers and no change in the health bar. No dodge notification either. Is this a known bug or what?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

SgtMongoose posted:

Has anyone noticed their attacks in arena doing no damage? I’ll attack, the animation plays, status effects are resisted or applied, but no damage numbers and no change in the health bar. No dodge notification either. Is this a known bug or what?

Are you running at 4x speed? I often don't get dodge or other pop ups due to frame drops.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't run into that one, but have the opposite problem with Vader specifically. He'll attack, the animations will look like a dodge, but the enemy will take damage and get the debuff.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Wintermutant posted:

I haven't run into that one, but have the opposite problem with Vader specifically. He'll attack, the animations will look like a dodge, but the enemy will take damage and get the debuff.

If it's against Jedi, Vader's basic can't be evaded or resisted. His saber throw is unavoidable as well, but for everyone. This is provided all his abilities are maxed out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Just cleared GW for the first time in....well, a really long time. Did it with my C team hodge podge Empire/Sith team for the last 2 nodes, too. Palaptine, RG, and Dooku stunning, and Tarkin and TFP debuffing, really killed everyone. Last node was all G12 Resistance. R2 and Finn never even got a shot in, they were always stunned, then dead.

Gonna need to reconsider using them more than I currently do. It shut the other teams down hardcore. TFP hits like a loving truck when everyone is debuffed.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Zinn-led Resistance are so much fun to play with and I've recently started clearing GW again because of them but they have one critical weakness. Come up against any squad that can resist a lot of their exposes, and they're done. They just don't have a counter to that. I've loaded Poe & R2 with as much potency and speed as I can without taking too much away from my arena squad and that stops this happening too much to me. Get into a decent loop with those two AoE exposing, then triggering them all and wiping all cooldowns/filling up turn meter and the other team won't even get a turn. But you have to go first and/or be able to handle their opening move, and you have to land those initial exposes to get it going. I'm hoping to eventually make them my main arena team.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I just switch over to Resistance for Arena. But FML if I can get a 7* Artoo.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My pubbie guild made an interesting point about make sure I have one banger elite squad before getting caught up in the CLS treadmill, and I'm wondering what you goons think about focusing on getting my ships up and ready for Zeta before grinding out any more teams for the main game. I have a 7-star rebel squad, 7-star NS squad, and I'm within spitting distance of 7-star Empire. Next thing on the agenda is Resistance + OG Rebels, but I feel like my nightsisters and empire could REALLY benefit from zetas.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Phoenix squad is the perfect team and i won't hear a word against them

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I just got back into the game after quitting the past year or two. I started over and right now I'm lvl 26 or so and running the plague Nightsister as leader with the ragtag team of starters.

So basically from the OP I should focus on getting a team up for Credit Heist ASAP? I was working on Genosian Soldier since he was really good back when I played. I remember Sidious sorta dropping off by the time I stopped playing, should he just be ignored now?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Eddain posted:

I just got back into the game after quitting the past year or two. I started over and right now I'm lvl 26 or so and running the plague Nightsister as leader with the ragtag team of starters.

So basically from the OP I should focus on getting a team up for Credit Heist ASAP? I was working on Genosian Soldier since he was really good back when I played. I remember Sidious sorta dropping off by the time I stopped playing, should he just be ignored now?

Yea punt on GS, he's not been relevant for a long long time, except for his ship which is meh. Sid was garbage but got a nice boost when he was reworked and when Zetas were introduced, but since that point he hasn't kept up, he's only useful on very specific teams like Zader-lead.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

im cute posted:

Phoenix squad is the perfect team and i won't hear a word against them

The more people that run them, the better for me. I love watching them try to tickle Baze to death while the DANGER ZONE tears them apart.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

My pubbie guild made an interesting point about make sure I have one banger elite squad before getting caught up in the CLS treadmill, and I'm wondering what you goons think about focusing on getting my ships up and ready for Zeta before grinding out any more teams for the main game. I have a 7-star rebel squad, 7-star NS squad, and I'm within spitting distance of 7-star Empire. Next thing on the agenda is Resistance + OG Rebels, but I feel like my nightsisters and empire could REALLY benefit from zetas.

Getting Zetas unlocked shouldn't require much specific prep other than being sure to farm Darkside ships.

Because light-side 9 hard modes are so loving impossible, I do recommend focusing a light-side team like zFinn at some point, but as far as teams go, you should have 7* Phoenix (for Thrawn and EP), 7* Empire Team (For R2), 7* New Hope Rebels (for CLS).

Depending on how you knock this out/when the events come around you might be able to get EP and Thrawn for the R2 event, shortening your farming time on Empire. Can't stress enough how important R2 and, subsequently, CLS is to you future enjoyment of this game. If everyone else on your arena shard has CLS and you don't, you'll be hating life.

Beyond that you'll want: Rogue One Rebels (For TB), zFinn Resistance (For TB/GW/LS Battles/whatever), and First Order (To unlock BB8, who takes your zFinn, which already owns, to another gear).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eddain posted:

We recommend:
Getting 3 Credit Heist scoundrels: boba, lando, STH.
Getting Phoenix Squadron for early Galactic War ease and to unlock EP/Thrawn.
Getting Wiggs (Wedge + Biggs) for a good early-game damage source in Arena.
Getting Empire squad for R2.
Getting your New Hope Rebels (STH, OB, Luke, Leia, R2) set for CLS (Commander Luke Skywalker) event.
Getting Resistance because zFinn squad is loving amazing in all game modes.

Your arena targets will basically be Thrawn, R2, CLS +tank +another dmg dealer . This is the only meta that matters right now in arena, so jumping through the above hoops will set you up for quick end-game arena dominance, and also deliver several quality squads/pilots for every game mode.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Captain Han is also part of the scoundrel farm now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Captain Han is also part of the scoundrel farm now.

Oh right.

Captain Han is kinda worthless without Hoth Rebel Soldier, though, and for a starting player there's too many necessary cantina farms for me to be like "farm captain Han, yo".

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

This is the only meta that matters right now in arena

Is it anything in particular that makes CLS/R2/Thrawn so insufferable, or is it just that because they're gated behind such long, specific farms CG just made them OP and shrugged?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Hey come join QGJ. We have an opening. Actually 2.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Hey come join QGJ. We have an opening. Actually 2.

Alright. Ally code is 792-317-377.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Alright. Ally code is 792-317-377.

Invited. Also join the discord

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Oh right.

Captain Han is kinda worthless without Hoth Rebel Soldier, though, and for a starting player there's too many necessary cantina farms for me to be like "farm captain Han, yo".

He's also only available in Cantina level 7, which is past level 70 IIRC, so you should definitely have your credit heist team up and running before he becomes available.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

Is it anything in particular that makes CLS/R2/Thrawn so insufferable, or is it just that because they're gated behind such long, specific farms CG just made them OP and shrugged?

They're all extraordinarily OP in their own way, and as such are gated behind exclusive, limited-time legendary events.

CLS applied speed down on basic and tenacity down/buff immunity/full turn meter removal on special. He can grant himself protection up and the ability to ignore taunts.

R2 stuns on basic, stealths all but targeted member of your team on 1st special, and applies burning, which reduces dodge chance on affected character. His ability kit is utilitarian as hell, but his loving UNIQUES! Once zetad he grants massive stats to all resistance, rebel, and GR units on your team. His other unique when zetad grants personal dispell on landing a crit to the entire team.

Thrawn owns because he's super fast and can turn meter swap with a slower toon for some pretty unique opening combos. He can restore protection to a member of your team, and can "Fracture" an enemy, making it so that enemy doesn't get a turn until thrawn gets another turn. While fractures that enemy is buff immune.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 27, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Think they'll ever remove characters? There are some that are never used because they are just straight up worse.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

Think they'll ever remove characters? There are some that are never used because they are just straight up worse.

What? God no they will just make those poo poo tier characters required for their new events

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Anyone in a non goon guild, QGJ has 2 more openings. We are starting hard tank in 2 weeks. Feel free to join up, I'll invite you

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

What? God no they will just make those poo poo tier characters required for their new events

Yeah. I can't wait to start panic farming Coruscant Underworld Police.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Every once in a while, I pick up 5 shards for CUP just in case this happens some day. To be just a little prepared.

I'm ready for the Ugnaught uprising.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is anyone else getting all their mods displayed as unassigned in crouching rancor? It's as though it thinks I have no characters at all. I did when the message said to do if that happens and synched swgoh.gg, waited an hour, re-synched the crouching rancor app, but they're still all unassigned. Any tips?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Alot of us already did this for TB. Its a shame he’s only needed one drat time, tops.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh my god, Rogue One teams can suck a bag of dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Cactus posted:

Is anyone else getting all their mods displayed as unassigned in crouching rancor? It's as though it thinks I have no characters at all. I did when the message said to do if that happens and synched swgoh.gg, waited an hour, re-synched the crouching rancor app, but they're still all unassigned. Any tips?

Getting this as well.