Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cnut
May 3, 2016

That dog knows what he's doing.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

This is absolutely hysterical. Why doesn't he just run over and grab the hose?!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

bookkeeper posted:

This is absolutely hysterical. Why doesn't he just run over and grab the hose?!

because he put it in his dogs mouth and started running away while calling him to film a funny video?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

That's the weirdest Goatse tribute I've ever seen.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

cnut posted:

That dog knows what he's doing.

lol

He pops up every now and then in this thread, but I still love the dog with roman candle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Dk_GE29pg

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

A classic:

(Headphone and volume warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BrianBoitano posted:

A classic:

(Headphone and volume warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0

A required follow up video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INov9gQ2aUA

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

gently caress ive seen the original video but this just made me lose it in the funny way it after seeing the last clip

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm picturing a waifish mustachioed hipster ripping his daisy dukes off while trying to make his own cable reel coffee table

same

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Anything loose on or connected to you around rotating machinery is so loving scary. I was using a large drill once and had cut off some jeans into shorts and a strand got caught in the drill and ripped my pantshorts off. That really hurt

Please tell me you were freeballing so the true schadenfreude can come through.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

oh my god I feel like an rear end in a top hat for laughing so hard

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Renegret posted:

Don't feel bad, that guy was a colossal retard.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Why does this one have six fingers (ok, five fingers and a thumb)?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's another hand behind that one. Look at the wrists.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Frazzbo posted:

Look, the Anakim have to find work just like everybody else.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frazzbo posted:

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya....

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/G05NjQP.mp4

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

These dudes don't look big enough to be doing any of this strongman type poo poo. I wouldn't do this kind of thing unless I 100% knew that I could throw that keg out of the goddamn park. As soon as that dudes took some momentum steps, I knew he was going to gently caress up somehow.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

it means buying expensive meals for yourself and others, in this case to influence them or receive bribes

Also, some people just get off on having the staff grovel to them, getting the off menu dishes and chef specialties the poor mundanes never get.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Meatgrinder posted:

Did you watch the vid?

e. quoted wrong person

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Oct 26, 2017

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Renegret posted:

Meatgrinder posted:

Yeah, Grizzly Man is pretty much the nicest way Herzog ever called anybody a naive idiot. He even makes the point plain as day when he goes on with 'I disagree with <idiot>'s reasoning. I believe nature is chaos...'

I feel bad for the poor lady who was with the guy, but the guy himself got what was coming to him.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Professional douchebag, Robert Scoble keeps digging. I don't know if he's trying to garner public sympathy, but he has categorically failed. Predictably, he's a victim in this grand conspiracy.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/10/robert-scoble-i-didnt-sexually-harass-women-as-i-lacked-power-over-them/?comments=1

I won't link to the shitheads blog, but a link is in the article. He's mostly rambling about how "technically it wasn't sexual harassment". Key take away from his screed is this:

quote:

I have rejected my lawyer’s advice to not make a statement and in a spirit of healing I would like to address the issue head on with open and honest dialogue.

Any response creates potential liability, and lawyers optimize for reducing exposure so they advise against responding. But, for the past 20 years I have made my living shining light on people, products, and issues. I am unwilling to not be that person just because people have made allegations against me. This advice from attorneys is one reason why as a community we can’t properly discuss the issues hitting our industry. When companies and individuals can’t speak out for risk that it opens them to a lawsuit it limits the responsible dialogue we can have.

Yeah, no way that will bite him in the rear end.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you lose your shoe in an accident, it's known as a dying response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my6YMTF2YUM

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Proteus Jones posted:

Professional douchebag, Robert Scoble keeps digging. I don't know if he's trying to garner public sympathy, but he has categorically failed. Predictably, he's a victim in this grand conspiracy.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/10/robert-scoble-i-didnt-sexually-harass-women-as-i-lacked-power-over-them/?comments=1

I won't link to the shitheads blog, but a link is in the article. He's mostly rambling about how "technically it wasn't sexual harassment". Key take away from his screed is this:

I dont think any statement that comes after "I have rejected my lawyers advice" has ever helped the situation you are in at all.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I feel bad for the poor lady who was with the guy, but the guy himself got what was coming to him.

I haven't seen Grizzly Man but I've read a bit about Treadwell and as I understand it he'd gone and lived with bears before his fatal trip, but it had always been earlier in the year than when he was attacked so he'd only ever encountered much more placid bears who were more afraid of humans than they were hungry. Something like that.

The one I've struggled to find much sympathy for was Christopher McCandless. Probably bad of me, I know. It's no schadenfreude or anything - even if I think he was a bit of a dope wandering off into the wilderness without sufficient preparation, I've never been able to take much satisfaction in people dying (even people I dislike).

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Oct 26, 2017

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

That has to be the farthest I've seen a shoe fly in any fail video ever. That thing went to orbit.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

ElGroucho posted:

These dudes don't look big enough to be doing any of this strongman type poo poo.

Lightweights can't handle their drink.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That has to be the farthest I've seen a shoe fly in any fail video ever. That thing went to orbit.

Cheating your way to heaven.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Proteus Jones posted:

He plugs his new company in the middle of his blog telling women how he couldn't have harassed them because he didn't have any authority over them.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Pufferfish has a bad day.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Mizuti posted:

Clicky later resigned from his CTO position at dolphr.com to spend more time with his family

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That dolphin is getting high. Really, dolphins deliberately bother pufferfish so they can get high off the venom.

so very human

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

sneakyfrog posted:

did that already. VA hosed me harder than any lady would ever care to.

I did say sort of maybe. never sign anything towards the end of your contract

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

snergle posted:

I did say sort of maybe. never sign anything towards the end of your contract

22 year old me wishes he'd known that.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Mizuti posted:

The facial expression on that puffer fish is so absolutely perfect that I thought it was CGI at first.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

The one I've struggled to find much sympathy for was Christopher McCandless. Probably bad of me, I know. It's no schadenfreude or anything - even if I think he was a bit of a dope wandering off into the wilderness without sufficient preparation, I've never been able to take much satisfaction in people dying (even people I dislike).

You should read this article from the New Yorker about additional research that has been done about how he died. He was subsisting on wild potatoes, which were widely known to be safe for human consumption. It actually turns out that they contain a neurotoxin that can be harmless to some people, and paralyzing to others. Young men with limited caloric diets are the most at risk. I'm not saying that he wasn't fool hardy, but the sudden precipitous decline in his health, and his death might not have been something that a more prepared survivalist would have been able to avoid.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Staryberry posted:

You should read this article from the New Yorker about additional research that has been done about how he died. He was subsisting on wild potatoes, which were widely known to be safe for human consumption. It actually turns out that they contain a neurotoxin that can be harmless to some people, and paralyzing to others. Young men with limited caloric diets are the most at risk. I'm not saying that he wasn't fool hardy, but the sudden precipitous decline in his health, and his death might not have been something that a more prepared survivalist would have been able to avoid.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died

Wasn't there a Russian family discovered living out in the Taiga (Siberia) for the last 80 years or so after the Communist purges in the first part of the 20th century. That place is 10 times as inhospitable as where he died, and that bunch had something like 10 family members living in huts up there.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Frazzbo posted:

After some careful and fancy calculus & vector math, I've determined that there are actually SIX fingers and a thumb visible.
Don't thank me, thank science.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The scootyfruit in this situation is all of the people who romanticize the Into the Wild guy who regularly make pilgrimages out to his site and get lost and/or die.

Hi - I worship this dude who went into the woods and died, and I, knowing even less than he did about going into the woods, am going to follow in his footsteps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DandyLion posted:

Wasn't there a Russian family discovered living out in the Taiga (Siberia) for the last 80 years or so after the Communist purges in the first part of the 20th century. That place is 10 times as inhospitable as where he died, and that bunch had something like 10 family members living in huts up there.

That's Reds and oranges. There's strength in numbers.