Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nobody thought that except Kirkman and the character's creators.

X-23 is amazingly out of character during that entire story, it's like Kirkman never read a single book she was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I haven't thought about any of this since it came out, but people might be confused because Kirkman wrote a series of one-shots called Marvel Knights 2099 in 2004. They were disconnected from any other version of 2099 shown in any Marvel comics, and haven't been mentioned since, except when Kirkman re-used it briefly in the Marvel Team-Up issues people are talking about. My memory matches others in saying they were not good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What ended up happening with Magneto in Secret Empire? I know people were pissed based on that variant cover about 6 months ago but since I didn't read the series I don't know what his story actually was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What ended up happening with Magneto in Secret Empire? I know people were pissed based on that variant cover about 6 months ago but since I didn't read the series I don't know what his story actually was.

He agrees with Cap's plan to make New Tian a thing, fakes his death for a bit, and ends up fighting against Hydra.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I recall a single panel from a single comic book which featured Marvel multiverse Earth where New York City was completely filled with Empire State Buildings and Statues of Liberty. Someone was flying over it and the caption was "I was on Earth-____" and I can't remember anything else. Anybody know what panel/comic/Earth it was?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Doom Mathematic posted:

I recall a single panel from a single comic book which featured Marvel multiverse Earth where New York City was completely filled with Empire State Buildings and Statues of Liberty. Someone was flying over it and the caption was "I was on Earth-____" and I can't remember anything else. Anybody know what panel/comic/Earth it was?

That was an America Chavez moment, and I think it was in Gillen and McKelvie's Young Avengers.

EDIT: Oh hey, found it.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-212

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 9, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That was an America Chavez moment, and I think it was in Gillen and McKelvie's Young Avengers.

not to be confused with Earth-213, a world-spanning metropolis with mountains of Trump Towers and valleys of 9/11 memorials

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Autism Sneaks posted:

not to be confused with Earth-213, a world-spanning metropolis with mountains of Trump Towers and valleys of 9/11 memorials

Area code 213 is for Los Angeles. :confused:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Probably a typo on Autism Sneaks' part. That Earth is Earth-212, which is an NYC area code. The area code to have, if that one episode of Seinfeld is to be believed.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 9, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think he probably just went one number up from 212 actually, considering the post he's quoting is about that very Earth???

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wow you're right, I didn't even read his post. Just assumed he was repeating the stuff about the Statue of Libertys everywhere.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fun fact: when area codes were implemented, the places with the highest population densities got the lowest numbers because they would be the fastest to dial on a rotary phone since they would be called the most.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7UKfPg6xo

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Super, thank you.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What happened to the members of the last Squadron Supreme after the series? Do they still show up in any ongoing series?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ummm Hyperion had a short lived book where he became a trucker and fought alien carnies, and last i saw him was in secret empire he was on the space side of the force field fighting the chitari

Nighthawk also had a short lived book where he beat up crooked cops and chased a serial killer in Chicago. iirc he died during secret empire

I don't remember seeing anyone else after the main book ended

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

site posted:

Ummm Hyperion had a short lived book where he became a trucker and fought alien carnies, and last i saw him was in secret empire he was on the space side of the force field fighting the chitari

Nighthawk also had a short lived book where he beat up crooked cops and chased a serial killer in Chicago. iirc he died during secret empire

He died off-panel during Secret Empire. In a fashion that basically screamed "Well, we know everyone's coming back to life after this, so might as well do something interesting with the fascist dystopian nightmare".

He wasn't even in costume when he died, he was just gunned down as a civilian iirc.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sin City voice an antifascist black man dies so a fascist white man can live. Fair trade

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

I like how Secret Empire had to have, like, three different contrived problems to keep the heroes from just immediately beating Cap and Hydra.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The force field thing gets even more ridiculous after two seconds of thought cuz Spencer has chitari waves ram into it on like three separate occasions and it didn't break so all the heroes were out there fighting and dying for essentially no reason. They all coulda just moved out of the way and waited until someone on earth disabled the shield and been alright

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

site posted:

The force field thing gets even more ridiculous after two seconds of thought cuz Spencer has chitari waves ram into it on like three separate occasions and it didn't break so all the heroes were out there fighting and dying for essentially no reason. They all coulda just moved out of the way and waited until someone on earth disabled the shield and been alright
Or if the chitauri breaking through the shield is a possibility, that's to their benefit too. Follow the wave down through the broken shield, they'll lead you right to the eggs you need to find to make this poo poo stop, and then you can fight them on the ground with a bunch more help. What a dumpster fire of a comic that was.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

site posted:

Yeah, I read Hyperion, it was ok, shame about Nighthawk dying though.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can someone explain to me Malibu's Ultraverse imprint and why The Black Knight, Juggernaut, Sienna Blaze and that guy Rob Liefield made that kept getting a different limb severed by a member of X-force on every appearance became temporary residents of it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news-columns/crossed-out-crossovers-black-september/

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can someone explain to me Malibu's Ultraverse imprint and why The Black Knight, Juggernaut, Sienna Blaze and that guy Rob Liefield made that kept getting a different limb severed by a member of X-force on every appearance became temporary residents of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYV8fgKW-8Q

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
How exactly is Peter related to Aunt May and Uncle Ben anyway? Which of them was actually a sibling of his parents and which parent was it?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

CityMidnightJunky posted:

How exactly is Peter related to Aunt May and Uncle Ben anyway? Which of them was actually a sibling of his parents and which parent was it?

Ben is the older brother of Richard Parker, Peter's dad.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What's that comic where the foul-mouthed nihilistic detective has a happy floating purple monster that won't leave him alone?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CityMidnightJunky posted:

They actually aren't related. May and Ben captured him and his sister (who were merpeople) in the sea and somehow turned them into people and thus Peter's entire life is a lie. His sister made her way back to the sea but Peter never did. Spider-Man will end when he figures it out.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

What's that comic where the foul-mouthed nihilistic detective has a happy floating purple monster that won't leave him alone?

Happy, by Grant Morrison. It's getting a show on SyFy starring Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt's voice.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

They actually aren't related. May and Ben captured him and his sister (who were merpeople) in the sea and somehow turned them into people and thus Peter's entire life is a lie. His sister made her way back to the sea but Peter never did. Spider-Man will end when he figures it out.

He's asking about 616, not Newspaper Spider-Man.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Happy, by Grant Morrison. It's getting a show on SyFy starring Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt's voice.

Sold

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ben and May looked so decrepit right from the very beginning that you wonder how old Ben would have been when Peter was born and how much older Ben was than Richard to be decrepit by the time Peter was in his mid-teens. They look like grandparents.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I forget if it's on May's side or on the Parker side, but I know one of the siblings had a 20 year difference.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's also this pile of garbage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_(comics)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Reported.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Ben and May looked so decrepit right from the very beginning that you wonder how old Ben would have been when Peter was born and how much older Ben was than Richard to be decrepit by the time Peter was in his mid-teens. They look like grandparents.

There are large age gaps between siblings. I was in college before my sister was born.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

There are large age gaps between siblings. I was in college before my sister was born.

Of course it's not unfamothable but it's not only the difference in ages between the two brothers. It just makes me wonder because the ages (as far as I know) were never strictly told to us. Like if we assume super cool secret agent Richard Parker became a father at 30 and Ben was 20 years older than him, then by the time Amazing Fantasy #15 comes out he's in his mid-60s. Ben looks old for his age there though not terrible I suppose. But May looks bad for being in her 60s. Maybe in addition she's older than Ben?

Again, there's nothing definitive and there's nothing impossible about any of it, but just Things That Make You Go "Hmmm..."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think that when I was a child I just assumed Ben and May were his great-aunt and great-uncle. I have five great-uncles and I never addressed any of them as "Great-Uncle Joe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

To me the weirdest part is that two pairs of siblings married.