Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hey so uhh is there a more beautiful Mazdamundi mod? Maybe some kind of sexy outfits?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

As if Mazdamundi wasn't the most beautiful being??

bask in his girth, warmblood

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

There was a 'less blood' mod for the first game so that you could get all the gruesome kills but make it not look like everyone took a ketchup bath by the end of the battle. I thought it was a pretty good compromise.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

There was a 'less blood' mod for the first game so that you could get all the gruesome kills but make it not look like everyone took a ketchup bath by the end of the battle. I thought it was a pretty good compromise.
Yeah, I'm hoping that comes back because the blood geysers are a bit much sometimes. Though my recent "900 elves vs 5k skaven in a successful ambush" fight would still have led to some ridiculous amounts of blood anyway, but that'd be left for those truly climactic battles. My Dark sorceress put up over 400 kills herself.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I thought Steam added a backup system that moved content to a drive with open space when your primary drive doesnt have enough room for their loving STUPID lovely patching system but Im not seeing anything about it in Steam. I'm not loving deleting and re-downloading the whole game again.

e: Just needed to create a steamlibrary folder on a free drive.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 26, 2017

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
To be honest, how bloody were the battlefields after stuff like this? I remember the scene in Braveheart after the first battle everyone was caked in blood.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Are there a bunch of new achievements now, too?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Why the flying gently caress are the mutinous gits aggressive? They are the most obnoxious thing. No other faction can interact with them by Queek Skarsnik and Dorfs, so if you play as one of them you just have this fat stack plus a waugh rushing at you out of the blue. It's extremely obnoxious.

That said, Queek protip; rushing a province to level 3 gets you catapults which absolutely melt orcs. I haven't hosed with my vampire friends yet, but I imagine they'd do good work against the skeleton and zombie blocks though you'd have to keep an eye on air units.

nopantsjack posted:

this is gonna get painful

on my end it's actually little different from two's. I mean, it's noticeable, but it feels to me it's just because the list is longer and not that it takes longer individually.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
It looks like they've fixed the bombardment spell kill count issue for the first time in TWW's lifetime: I just used a Warp Lightning spell with a warlock engineer and it counted its kills for the first time I've ever seen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

crime fighting hog posted:

To be honest, how bloody were the battlefields after stuff like this? I remember the scene in Braveheart after the first battle everyone was caked in blood.

Real life Orc/Dwarf battles actually didn't see that many casualties, compared to TW. Lines would clash and one side would break, you didn't get long drawn out battles of attrition where units fought to the last man (except in rare circumstances).

Most deaths occurred during routs, not before.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

queeb posted:

Man I dont know what the difference is in this game to the last but the campaign map runs like total poo poo for me, 7600k and a 970. Ran fine in warhammer 1.

Try setting everything to Ultra except Shadows and one other thing I can't remember the name of. Poeple report the game running better on Ultra than on High even though that makes zero sense.

Also use DX 11, not 12.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 26, 2017

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
So Queek starts with a warp lightning cannon but it doesn't really help because fighting orcs with a low tier skaven army is farts and I might be not be remembering it right but didn't they use to fire a lot faster than once every 18 seconds or so?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DeathSandwich posted:

Queek starts in the Southlands by Khemri but close to the badlands and has to push north. Skavenblight and Hellpit are on map, I think the former is controlled by Clan Eshin and the latter by Clan Moulder and IIRC the Skaven victory conditions for both Queek and Skrolk involve taking control of them.

Edit: I would bet you'll see random Skaven armies pop up on occasion like the TWW1 Savage Orc and Beasmen uprisings.

If the 3 I knew about are it then Im a bit disappointed. Skaven need more factions in the Old World then just 3. Theres a number of Worlds Edge Mountain settlements that should belong to them and I wouldnt mind a couple minor Empire or Bretonian cities being turned over to Skaven to represent the general infestation both civs should have.

SickZip fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 26, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Martout posted:

So Queek starts with a warp lightning cannon but it doesn't really help because fighting orcs with a low tier skaven army is farts and I might be not be remembering it right but didn't they use to fire a lot faster than once every 18 seconds or so?

They'll fire faster as they gain experience and research.

Really the best way to skaven is to save your food up and the first province capital you capture take it at level 3 so you can immediately build the plague catapult building and start making GBS threads warcrime artillery everywhere. Once you have 4-5 artillery units in a skaven army it doesn't matter as much if you are using slaves or clanrats or stormvermin because your catapults and lightning canons do the heavy lifting. As you expand and add more military buildings then you can start swapping in storms/globadiers/gutter runners/plague monks/rogers/HPAs to better fight against higher tiered enemy armies.

But you need that critical mass of artillery to really make early game work.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

SickZip posted:

If thats it, then Im a bit disappointed. Skaven need more factions in the Old World then just 3. Theres a number of Worlds Edge Mountain settlements that should belong to then

I mean, there *might* be some minor skaven factions south of Karak Eight Peaks or way up north of the slayer city, but keep in mind that Queek is a part of the K8P race just like Belegar and Skarsnik, so your primary goal as Queek is to thoroughly rat up the place anyways.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

crime fighting hog posted:

Mixed bag. If you kill somebody with a big hunk of metal then there's a fair bit of blood going everywhere, but most fights in the Medieval era were against fairly decentralized opponents with smaller armies as a result, as well as fighting in general not being to the death of everyone but until one side freaks out and takes off.

Still, to put it in perspective China's weapon technology, as it were, got really good about adding little bits of flair to their weapons that had the added effect of keeping the weapon from getting all bloody and slippery, as well as keeping blood from blinding the fighter.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The faction selection interface is terrible. What happened to the decent system of "pick race, then pick lord" instead of just all the lords on a scrollbar across the top? I'd also like a map that shows the start position of each, since that's kind of important in a lot of ways. Also, Queek is listed as a "very hard" start in case anyone is curious.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

The faction selection interface is terrible. What happened to the decent system of "pick race, then pick lord" instead of just all the lords on a scrollbar across the top? I'd also like a map that shows the start position of each, since that's kind of important in a lot of ways. Also, Queek is listed as a "very hard" start in case anyone is curious.

Like a lot of their 'rebalancing' choices CA always implements baffling changes to their games. The UI is a great example of regressing with updates.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ammanas posted:

Like a lot of their 'rebalancing' choices CA always implements baffling changes to their games. The UI is a great example of regressing with updates.

It's an intentional Mortal Kombat reference.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

DeathSandwich posted:

They'll fire faster as they gain experience and research.

Really the best way to skaven is to save your food up and the first province capital you capture take it at level 3 so you can immediately build the plague catapult building and start making GBS threads warcrime artillery everywhere. Once you have 4-5 artillery units in a skaven army it doesn't matter as much if you are using slaves or clanrats or stormvermin because your catapults and lightning canons do the heavy lifting. As you expand and add more military buildings then you can start swapping in storms/globadiers/gutter runners/plague monks/rogers/HPAs to better fight against higher tiered enemy armies.

But you need that critical mass of artillery to really make early game work.

yeah I know, I just seem to recall them firing at like once every 12 seconds before the patch but I might be wrong. I've done several VH starts as Queek in the vortex campaign and the thing there is that you have a relatively easily captured capital close by. In the ME campaign you need to clear out the orcs before you can even think about getting another capital city, I may have to restart and reevaluate!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I got so spoiled with the High Elf traits, it feels many of the newer races/lords get better traits (yeah I know you have to pay influence to get the 'good' ones for High Elves). Like I had a choice between two Dorf-specific traits in the Lord menu when choosing a lord. Ancestral Blood: Grimnir is a measly +5 melee attack, and Ancestral Blood: Valaya is -20% successful enemy action chance.

Oh, and it also looks like they changed some hero skills. My runesmith no longer gets a growth passive (which BLOWS, since that could get cranked to +36 growth I think which was hugely beneficial for Dwarves). Nor does he get Immortality as an option which I'm not sure is a bug, intended, or will change when Norsca update drops.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Holy poo poo hellblasters vaporize everything now.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Huh, that'd be awful weird if only the TWW2 races got immortality on their level 20 heroes. I'm sure that'll be fixed in whatever post-ME patch comes up.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Panfilo posted:

Oh, and it also looks like they changed some hero skills. My runesmith no longer gets a growth passive (which BLOWS, since that could get cranked to +36 growth I think which was hugely beneficial for Dwarves). Nor does he get Immortality as an option which I'm not sure is a bug, intended, or will change when Norsca update drops.

They are going to update the old world skill trees with the next big update

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

DeathSandwich posted:

Huh, that'd be awful weird if only the TWW2 races got immortality on their level 20 heroes. I'm sure that'll be fixed in whatever post-ME patch comes up.

this is how it was with the faction unlocker and I thought today it would be better

norsca patch when

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Third World Reggin posted:

this is how it was with the faction unlocker and I thought today it would be better

norsca patch when

"weeks, not months"

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Martout posted:

yeah I know, I just seem to recall them firing at like once every 12 seconds before the patch but I might be wrong. I've done several VH starts as Queek in the vortex campaign and the thing there is that you have a relatively easily captured capital close by. In the ME campaign you need to clear out the orcs before you can even think about getting another capital city, I may have to restart and reevaluate!
Any tips on a good way to build Queek? With his ambush chance and general desire to swarm over enemies gunning for lightning strike seems a lot less useful, but blue-line skills were really good in the Vortex for the DEs I played, so I'm not sure.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Any tips on a good way to build Queek? With his ambush chance and general desire to swarm over enemies gunning for lightning strike seems a lot less useful, but blue-line skills were really good in the Vortex for the DEs I played, so I'm not sure.

His first tier of blueline skills include buffing his ambush chance and by then it's only two points more till lightning strike. :shrug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Truecon420 posted:

They are going to update the old world skill trees with the next big update

That makes sense. And now that they've made several changes to agents (can't assassinate lords, level 20 heroes can take a skill to get wounded instead of die in combat, support skills no longer gated) I feel like passive agents mod is less essential.

Really the one thing I'd hope they modify though is to have Lord blue skills that reduce wound recovery time apply to ALL the characters in their army. So if you had a Lord, Wizard, Support hero, and combat hero (all with immortality) and had a battle go to absolute poo poo, the Lord could at least mitigate some of the downtime for everyone if you decided to go down his blue tree.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hey Gejnor, you should remake your mod that grants two skillpoints on odd levels.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Martout posted:

The warp lightning cannon just got 218 kills against the Arachnos orcs it loving owns really hard. Orcs are kind of a funny matchup against rats--their infantry can beat yours and their lines are too big for you to really surround them like you can do against the other TW2 factions, so you have to concentrate your more mobile infantry against a particular section of their line, get behind them and shoot into them, that type of thing, at least early on

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Restarting Steam fixed my problem.

Holy god the faction select screen is so loving terrible.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 26, 2017

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Fuligin posted:

Hey Gejnor, you should remake your mod that grants two skillpoints on odd levels.

I actually made a skillpoint mod for personal use that is +2 on every even level for lords and +2 on every x5 for heroes. I can publish it if other people also like that pattern

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kaza42 posted:

I actually made a skillpoint mod for personal use that is +2 on every even level for lords and +2 on every x5 for heroes. I can publish it if other people also like that pattern

Yes please.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

They changed a lot of the interface sounds, some for the better. I don't care for the 'attack enemy unit' sound though

lol a unit of goblin archers routed off my summoned clanrats in about 5 seconds. Think they hosed up when they fixed the hitbox bug.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 26, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I replaced every sound in total war warhammer with the elf scream sound

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Ammanas posted:

lol a unit of goblin archers routed off my summoned clanrats in about 5 seconds. Think they hosed up when they fixed the hitbox bug.

That actually seems like a pretty impressive showing for goblin archers in melee.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh my loving god. The old world factions are amazing now. They completely replaced the build tree for some factions and there's all new buildings all over the place. There also appears to have been work done to add as many strategic locations as TWW2 has.

To give you an idea of it, there's a whole new build tree for ghosts and ghostly heroes in Vlad and the VC's faction, as they're not part of the cairn building line they were in before. Cairn's are instead for necromancers and skeletal cavalry and units. And there's an entirely new garrison tree that makes it easier and cheaper to get gently caress tons of raisable units while slowing down enemy armies and increasing attrition from vampiric corruption/pollution. The former facet of which putting it's fodder on par (though differently so! The Undead seem to favor holding building tall and holding sites of great slaughter with their new buildings instead of empire side-wise empire building.) with the Skaven.

On top of that the build trees were balanced out so that it appears that the AI will be more likely to use a more varied number of basic and advanced units. It looks like they took advice from Steel Faith in that regard. On top of even that, the expanded lines means that you can actually have incentive to spread out your production and empire building instead of just building tall in one province like in Total Warhammer 1 and the Vortex campaign. And this is just from a five minute look through of one faction.

This completely ruins TWW1. Like, holy loving poo poo. I'm nerding the gently caress out at the moment. How the gently caress are they even going to go back to making historical games and compete when this poo poo is here? Combined with modding the trilogy is basically going to end up being the Skyrim of war and strategy games.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 26, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My income went from +5000 to -15000 when the new update broke the upkeep mod I was using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ravenfood posted:

Do we know yet what Queek gets for taking Karak Eight Peaks?

In the vortex campaign I tried a few different builds for Queek; what I ended up settling on was ambush / lightning strike line first, then artillery and stormvermin skills, then enough in his melee line to get the end-of-tier special. You can try gutter runner buffs instead of stormvermin but most armies in Vortex you wanted six melee units, six artillery units minimum.