Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

TTerrible posted:

I think it looks like poo poo, but I don't think it's anything to do with CAD or traditional sculpting. I think the Repulsor looks like a bad early 2000s dakka conversion as it is, and this is just that embiggened.

I agree with you in a sense except I think it's awesome because the whole 40k setting is retarded and stupidly large tank with awful hover mechanics and 'need moar guns' to 11 is a beautiful expression of crazy 40k, vs. the 'serious' grimdark it occasionally dips into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

They literally smashed together parts of other existing SM models, it's painfully obvious, and it's not an opinion to say so - it's an observation.

Not really. :shrug:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
A more accurate observation would be to say that they used an established design language to create a new vehicle, making it look related to other vehicles designed using that language, despite being radically different in size and profile to those models.

But that's less pithy and dismissive.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Looking for some BB roster help for a tournament. Am trying to make the most abusive and unfriendly roster out of the teams I have available. This is the ruleset that the tournament is running under:

quote:

4 games
24 standard naf teams
1150000 tv
No Star players, minimum 11 player roster
Inducements allowed from Death Zone season 1
Skills may be purchased for players at 20000 for a normal or 30000 for a double, only one skill may be purchased for each player.

I have teams that can fill in for: Humans, Norse, Amazon, Vamps, Pact, Ogres and Underworld - can probably borrow Undead/Necro/Khemri at a push.

Out of this what's the shittiest rosters I can build? The unlimited skills tells me I can spam them with a cheap team. Doubles probably gets me lots of MB/Guard/dodge, normals block/DP.

I'm expecting to face a reasonable amount of humans, dwarves and orcs as I think there will be a reasonable number of newer or returning players (before anyone comments on this, I've already checked with the TO and been told I can bring whatever filth I like). Dwarves, CD, and a few others are strong at this sort of tournament so I expect them to be rampant.

Redvenom fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 26, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Website for Neo-munda is up: https://necromunda.com/

Some interesting stuff there. Full overview of the box contents, painting/building videos, short video showing the basics of the boxed version of the games, glamour shots of the models.

There's also a little inactive node that confirms that there'll be legacy rules for gangs that won't be updated with the box release. That's pretty neat.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 26, 2017

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Oh dear, is it time to invest in a zone mortalis board?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Not gonna dwell on what organs I'd have to sell to afford it, but a Zone Mortalis board covered in Sector Mechanicus terrain for verticality/walkways would be swish.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For UK people there’s this - half the cost of a ZM board and modular to boot. I have one myself and it goes together very nicely and me and my friend had a 4x4 built over a weekend:

http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/mazeofthedead.html

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

ijyt posted:

For UK people there’s this - half the cost of a ZM board and modular to boot. I have one myself and it goes together very nicely and me and my friend had a 4x4 built over a weekend:

http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/mazeofthedead.html

you want cheap? i've got cheap! http://shop.battlesystems.co.uk/gothic-crawler-set-85-p.asp

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Oh boy, that statline length.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I don't understand any of those stats and I am terrified and confused!

(On the other hand, it's a good thing that they haven't just reprinted the old rules, hopefully they have made some actual progress on development since then)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Oh my god it's like Rogue Trader.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

JcDent posted:

Oh boy, that statline length.

I like it. Leads me to believe that Initiative will just be used for tests now and not determining combat priority.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Ooh, more suggestions please. These are both great. I am not in the UK but I'm sure I can pay a billion dollars for shipping.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I read the reference sheet for rules and watche the introductory video and I still don't get what Initiative does.

Intelligence is used to unlock door via terminals and unlock loot caskets (which is better than just bashing them in).

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Redvenom posted:

Looking for some BB roster help for a tournament. Am trying to make the most abusive and unfriendly roster out of the teams I have available. This is the ruleset that the tournament is running under:

I have teams that can fill in for: Humans, Norse, Amazon, Vamps, Pact, Ogres and Underworld - can probably borrow Undead/Necro/Khemri at a push.

Out of this what's the shittiest rosters I can build? The unlimited skills tells me I can spam them with a cheap team. Doubles probably gets me lots of MB/Guard/dodge, normals block/DP.

I'm expecting to face a reasonable amount of humans, dwarves and orcs as I think there will be a reasonable number of newer or returning players (before anyone comments on this, I've already checked with the TO and been told I can bring whatever filth I like). Dwarves, CD, and a few others are strong at this sort of tournament so I expect them to be rampant.

DISCLAIMER - I am not very good at this game and I just got knocked out in the round of 32 at my gaming club’s 2017 league.

I have been playing Amazons and they are surprisingly tasty once they get some skills. If you can buy your skills you could build a pretty nasty team. However you mention Dwarves being big in your meta so having a team for whom Dodge is ‘the thing’ may be unwise.

Norse would work similarly, if you can buy their skills you have options to make some really nasty players from the get go.

Having a near-universal skill across the board for your starting team means you can pile other utility stuff on top.

Necro could be really good as you can pick your skills for the Werewolves. Fast agile claw players with the ability to take whatever skill they want is a pretty mean proposition. A shame you can’t give them two skills as Block is a bit of a priority for them, making Mighty Blow a risky luxury you may not be able to afford. Also being able to pay for skills on the golems is nice as they can be slow to develop - you can give them Block or Guard which combines very well with their Stand Firm. You wouldn’t want to pay for skills on your Zombies so you are able to keep your budget for goodies on the positionals. Ghouls and Wights have pretty obvious skill choices I reckon - Block on the Ghouls for sure and probably Guard or Tackle on the Wights.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That statline has me all excited. I am so loving pumped about Necromunda even though I'm not going to have the time to play it for at least a few months. Or even pick it up for that matter. :v:

TheChirurgeon posted:

I like it. Leads me to believe that Initiative will just be used for tests now and not determining combat priority.
I'm probably just saying what you already know, but in Shadow War/Old Necromunda, that was the case. Combat was handled simultaneously like 2nd ed 40k and Initiative broke ties. It also factored into a whole bunch of tests which made it deceptively important.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I have heard rumours of a necro black friday deal from gw. But just rumours.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
OP updated with Shadespire and NEXORMUNDA.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Necromunda gameplay doesn’t look that different—changes look like alternating model activation and way more test skills: cool, leadership, etc are all split out. They also seem to really want to move away from tables, so everything is custom dice or a bullet list (the toughness chart formula is now just explained as double/higher/equal). Could be good? The marketing videos are fun at least.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

The Malthusian posted:

Necromunda gameplay doesn’t look that different—changes look like alternating model activation and way more test skills: cool, leadership, etc are all split out. They also seem to really want to move away from tables, so everything is custom dice or a bullet list (the toughness chart formula is now just explained as double/higher/equal). Could be good? The marketing videos are fun at least.

TBH, I have played Necromunda a bit and I found the main downsides of the system (which otherwise was quick, fun, unpredictable while still rewarding clever tactics - a nice casual game) were paralysis through overwatch, and the all or nothing nature of the IGOUGO system. I think the alternate activation is exactly the change the game needs to make it a bit less swingy.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ineptmule posted:

DISCLAIMER - I am not very good at this game and I just got knocked out in the round of 32 at my gaming club’s 2017 league.

I have been playing Amazons and they are surprisingly tasty once they get some skills. If you can buy your skills you could build a pretty nasty team. However you mention Dwarves being big in your meta so having a team for whom Dodge is ‘the thing’ may be unwise.

I like playing Amazons because I always play in leagues that start with fresh teams and I feel like they start off really strong. They seem to fizzle out for me after about 6 or 7 games, which is about when I start to burn out on Bloodbowl. I haven't tried them tournament style though but their fairly low cost sounds like you could get a lot of varying utility skills.

Skaven also have a GW box set out now so I would probably expect to see some of those too.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I haven't bought anything from GW in years except for that one Blache inspired Sister of Battle special edition model but I might have to look into Necormunda if I can convince some people to actually play it with me...

I miss the weird Blache art that defined the Imperial citizens but everything I've seen so far looks pretty neat. Having a "cool" stat is right out of Rogue Trader/Original Fantasy Roleplay.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Is 2'x2' (600mmx600mm) sufficient for a necromunda game? I guess it's a more cramped playstyle but seems small.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The toughness chart is straight out of 8th ed, and I didn't see overwatch as an option in the reference sheet on the site.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

bonds0097 posted:

Is 2'x2' (600mmx600mm) sufficient for a necromunda game? I guess it's a more cramped playstyle but seems small.

I think that it would depend a little depending on the scenario. In the old version there were some that really needed a little more space to work, but I think that you could do any number of regular gangfights in a small space. The new game box doesn't come with regular terrain, it comes with tiles that look you place and move around to make a tunnel system, and the smallest versions of that in the shots look a little smaller than 2x2. So you could certainly play it that way. I imagine that you could also go with the same area with really dense 3d terrain as well.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GW have been demoing Necromunda at Spiel, it seems to play pretty well though Goliaths seemed to have a big advantage due to their melee builds. That may just be an issue with the demo rules they were using which ignored some skills etc.

Apparently they're aiming at around 6 gangers per side for an average game and the spruced have multiple weapon options for the figures.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Do we have any idea of a price point yet for NM?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Probably the same as their comparably sized boxed games, so around £70rrp would be my guess.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Probably the same as their comparably sized boxed games, so around £70rrp would be my guess.

A good bet - I wouldn't be surprised if the pricing is exactly the same as Bloodbowl down to gangs/teams, deathzone/gang war etc.

I'm definitely picking Necromunda up - with alternating activations it should be easy enough to set up 2v2 games and hopefully it'll be more popular than Bloodbowl (which was really fun but impractical to play 2 games simultaneously). Plus, its harder to get the group all together to play Bloodbowl when we all have computers and legendary edition is right there.

It does mean my heap of unpainted MTO Bloodbowl teams are less likely to get painted anytime soon though.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

GoodBee posted:

I like playing Amazons because I always play in leagues that start with fresh teams and I feel like they start off really strong. They seem to fizzle out for me after about 6 or 7 games, which is about when I start to burn out on Bloodbowl. I haven't tried them tournament style though but their fairly low cost sounds like you could get a lot of varying utility skills.

Skaven also have a GW box set out now so I would probably expect to see some of those too.

I think they would suffer under these rules just because there will be a fair bit of tackle.

On the lists, this is what I have so far:
Norse
10x lino w/ MB
Yheti w/ MB
2 RR

OR

Swap lino MB for all guard.

Amazon
4x blitzers, 3 guard 1 sure hands
8x lino, 5 wrestle 3 DP
3 RR

All are great big gently caress you lists, the all MB Norse probably the least effective in actuality but gives me the biggest giggle.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Okay, thanks, folks! /looks forlornly at unbuilt MDF industrial scenery

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Redvenom posted:

I think they would suffer under these rules just because there will be a fair bit of tackle.

On the lists, this is what I have so far:
Norse
10x lino w/ MB
Yheti w/ MB
2 RR

OR

Swap lino MB for all guard.

Amazon
4x blitzers, 3 guard 1 sure hands
8x lino, 5 wrestle 3 DP
3 RR

All are great big gently caress you lists, the all MB Norse probably the least effective in actuality but gives me the biggest giggle.

Ha, I was still assuming you’d build a regular-looking team! All Guard Norse would be a nightmare to play against for sure.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress Norse.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

ineptmule posted:

Ha, I was still assuming you’d build a regular-looking team! All Guard Norse would be a nightmare to play against for sure.

I wasn't kidding when I said great big gently caress you lists :)

I think those are probably some of the more broken attempts out of the models I have available, but if there are any other takers I'm happy to listen!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I still find it hard to see how they will actually play. With zero ball handling or running ability, you’ll be a nightmare to block and have a solid but toothless offence (easy 2 and 3 die blocks but with no MB to make them more dangerous) so it will result in needing to clear the pitch essentially before you can score.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The 2-1 grind probably.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Sheer volume of blocks (and block prevention against me), on average, should wear the opponent down. Doesn't have to be a pitch clear, just numerical advantage. The odd KO, CAS, a few stuns - that's enough to make a decisive drive.

AG3 isn't the end of the world for ball handling. Just need to be careful against elves, otherwise use the crushing weight of 2d blocks and inability to be blocked to prevent access to the ball/carrier. It's a pretty tedious gameplan but not out of the realms of possibility.

I'm leaning towards the Amazon roster at the moment, only because I've played so much Norse and swore at the last tournament I would never ever take them again. Oh how easily I forget...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm planning on converting my house esher models into a roller derby team. Just need to decide if that means I have to somehow keep the heels or ditch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stick caster wheels on them.