Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Exclusive footage from over at Browns practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCTTuzj8ys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Bill_Michaels/status/923413985503870976

Unless they make playoffs it's looking like he's done for the season

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chris James 2 posted:

Well they ain't making the playoffs without him so :fork:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CyberPingu posted:

Well they ain't making the playoffs without him so :fork:

Is it 2013?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

why would he get screws instead of a pin? That bone is permanently hosed now.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Because the screws double as an accessory to his frankenstein halloween costume.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jivesauce posted:

I didn't watch the Dolphins game last weekend, so what did Moore do that seems to have everyone convinced he's far and away better than Cutler and revitalized the offense? On paper their stats from the game looked extremely similar.

Nothing. Moore is a great backup, couldn't start anywhere. But, Cutler is a gently caress-up who doesn't play to his potential, has no emotional connection to the team, and the fans love Moore because he's a long time fin, and the team gets up emotionally when he has to come in, so they play with more energy. But, when he's not coming off the bench, they don't get that, so his starts show who he really is as a QB, and that's a not strong armed, not that accurate backup who "knows the playbook."

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Isn't this the second time it's been broken? Might as well remove the bone and replace it with metal.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah that orthopedic surgeon must be a moron

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bone must have shattered.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

why would he get screws instead of a pin?

https://twitter.com/jessdeede/status/923560165743452161

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So yeah, 2013 flashbacks. Rodgers done. Chicago's QB can't throw more than 8 passes a day. Both of Minnesota's top two QBs have one functioning knee between them. And the Lions will still gently caress it up

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Minnesota’s defense is good enough to compensate for Case Keenum and win the division. Won’t do much else unless Bradford/Teddy are able to play.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Chris James 2 posted:

So yeah, 2013 flashbacks. Rodgers done. Chicago's QB can't throw more than 8 passes a day. Both of Minnesota's top two QBs have one functioning knee between them. And the Lions will still gently caress it up

Checks out

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Jivesauce posted:

I didn't watch the Dolphins game last weekend, so what did Moore do that seems to have everyone convinced he's far and away better than Cutler and revitalized the offense? On paper their stats from the game looked extremely similar.

Moore actually out-Cutlered Cutler - he put the ball up for Kenny Stills to go fetch and it mostly worked. Also he didn't throw the ball almost exclusively at Landry's feet, so unsurprisingly Landry caught a few more short passes for first downs.

Now Cutler was actually having a pretty good game up to the point he went out, but he's looked absolutely awful at points this season and we know Moore is at least OK. Other teams would have flipped between them already - maybe that wouldn't have achieved anything but for some fans I guess that's worth the shot?

Basically the Dolphins need Tannehill back yesterday.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

swickles posted:

Bone must have shattered.

Urrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh.

At least this will lead to a bunch of housecleaning for the Packers.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SKULL.GIF posted:

Urrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh.

At least this will lead to a bunch of housecleaning for the Packers.

I hope the browns only win this year is against the packers

:discourse:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm looking forward to Case Keenum quietly taking the Vikings to the playoffs and getting too much money to start for some team next year

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chris James 2 posted:

Packers won't win another game this year , draft darnold or Rosen and have another 20 years of hall of fame QB play

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mastershakeman posted:

Packers won't win another game this year , draft darnold or Rosen and have another 20 years of hall of fame QB play

Inshallah

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm looking forward to Case Keenum quietly taking the Vikings to the playoffs and getting too much money to start for some team next year

The Jags, probably.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I got to this thread late, so I'm responding to something a day or two old.

I hear what you're saying about the five frustrating years, and I get it. But for me the most frustrating five year stretch was from 2007-2011:

2007: 3-13, -175 pd, Linehan
2008: 2-14, -233 pd, Haslett/Linehan
2009: 1-15, -261 pd, Spagnuolo
2010: 7-9, -39 pd, Spags
2011: 2-14, -214 pd, Spags

That 15 wins in a five year stretch is the worst in NFL history. Those numbers are historically bad.

They had 31 wins during the Fisher era, but so much more was expected which makes it almost equally frustrating. But that 15 wins in five years ranks number one in my most frustrating football experience.

McVay already has a better season record than five of the Rams' seasons since 2007.

pd = point differential

Maybe I've suppressed memories of those seasons, but I do remember have really low expectations of those seasons, except maybe 2011? I think that was the first time Bradford got hurt? I had way higher expectations for the last 5 years of Jeff Fisher and it's especially frustrating now knowing that we had good talent and just needed another couple offensive lineman, a wide receiver and not-Brian Schottenhiemer

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kenny Britt is a great ambassador.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/923569448623190017

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Keenan seemed like a nice guy on hard knocks last year. Hope he has a chance to be a quality stop gap somewhere. Not the jags tho. Jags should pay cousins, would put them over the top and make them instant contenders

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

torgeaux posted:

Nothing. Moore is a great backup, couldn't start anywhere. But, Cutler is a gently caress-up who doesn't play to his potential, has no emotional connection to the team, and the fans love Moore because he's a long time fin, and the team gets up emotionally when he has to come in, so they play with more energy. But, when he's not coming off the bench, they don't get that, so his starts show who he really is as a QB, and that's a not strong armed, not that accurate backup who "knows the playbook."
Ahem. The Jaguars would love to have him.

WHOOPS posted:

The Jags, probably.
Please god no.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

whypick1 posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0

p much, though with a better college career

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/923589132047196160

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Reminds me of mascots trucking toddlers

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WHOOPS posted:

The Jags, probably.

Nah, ol' man Coughlin isn't that dumb.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Welcome to the NFL!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Imagine being a high school linebacker trying to stop Lynch in the open field. Your life would probably flash before your eyes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This might go without saying but holy poo poo is he quick/fast

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine being a high school linebacker trying to stop Lynch in the open field. Your life would probably flash before your eyes.

Imagine being that 16 yr old who thinks "Im gonna be the guy who tackles Beastmode!"

:cue him plowing through you and dragging you for 10 yards:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Imagine being that 16 yr old who thinks "Im gonna be the guy who tackles Beastmode!"

:cue him plowing through you and dragging you for 10 yards:

“Yeah I totally kept up with Beastmode at practice”

“He dragged your rear end 10 yards”

“Still counts :smug:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

“Yeah I totally kept up with Beastmode at practice”

“He dragged your rear end 10 yards”

“Still counts :smug:

yeah just being on the same field as him would be cool as hell and something those dudes can talk about for decades

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The ravens will still lose to the backup qb I bet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kawalimus posted:

The ravens will still lose to the backup qb I bet.

I mean it happened last week.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Not really true, though. I’ll post it. The splits are staggering. But honestly you’re right - I wouldn’t expect Moore to start anywhere.

Cutler is loving awful. He misses his deep throws almost every time and when it’s completed it’s Bc of the receiver.

Moore still makes really bad decisions and throws up picks but he’s really good at driving down the field with sheer backyard ball

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
And you can even argue the week before cause trubisky didnt start at the beginning of thr year. The Ravens are the worst-coached team in the NFL.

• Locked thread