Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's still not a lot of grenades, and it's also missing the point. The grenade cooldown is so long that half the time I don't use it because I might need it later, and then turns out I don't need it later so it might as well not exist. It actively makes the game less fun, and "making pvp better" is a poo poo loving reason to nerf fun in pve, period. Even wow's finally learning that.

Super cooldown seems fine, especially with light orbs, but the grenade/melee/dodge cooldowns are definitely way too long. A dodge on a like 40 second cooldown or w/e it is is loving ridiculous. The nightfall this week really highlighted it, too, since it gave us reduced cooldowns so that grenades were like 10 second cooldowns.

Your sense of time is way off, Hunter dodge is on a ~25 second cooldow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm curious to see how the Recoil Mods end up working on PC, since PC and Console appear to have different base recoil patterns to begin with.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

"making pvp better" is a poo poo loving reason to nerf fun in pve, period. Even wow's finally learning that.

This a million times over plus Bungie doesn't feel like they need to learn from their peers in their space(cause they're peerless :hurr:) so it's gonna take them a long rear end time to learn this lesson, just like Blizzard took.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I love my titan. Grenade kills fill up half my grenade meter which helps tremendously with the cooldown, and I use the magnetic grenade for easy peasy kills.

Haven't unlocked the other two subclasses yet though. I hit level 10 last night (Yes I'm slow but I have work and responsibility and other poo poo I do) but so far even doing public events I haven't gotten the drop or whatever it is that I get to unlock them. How does that work anyway?

khy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 26, 2017

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So do I really just suck, or is something wrong when in PVP i get twoshotted in about a second.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

But if you're not grinding in this game what do you even do???????

Got another Hard Light today. Do they drop this often?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cimber posted:

So do I really just suck, or is something wrong when in PVP i get twoshotted in about a second.

Destiny is a different style of FPS compared to what most shooters these days are like.

If you rush into the open and someone gets the first hit in, you're screwed. You need to stick to cover and wait for someone else to get antsy.

And in D2, teamfire is paramount.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cimber posted:

Might be both, yeah you could be bad but getting shot by more than one person in this game is instant death, and people can freely clump with how weak and rare nades/supers are.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
This game is fun so far, but jeez I didn't think it was possible to have worse story/characters than Borderlands.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Also chiming in to say, as someone who's been lurking this thread, it's insanely weird that you're reading a thread about a game you think is bad, just to find little ways to remind everyone not just that the game is bad, but specifically that you found out before them. You're like a disappointment hipster, which is.. a really strange thing to invest that much time in.

As someone who read the books before the later GoT seasons I'd :allears: friends every once in a while, so I get it. But that wasn't the entire point of watching the show with them because I'm not crazy.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Lemon King posted:

Got another Hard Light today. Do they drop this often?

I've had 3 exotic engrams in 2 days and all were the same chest armor. It's just RNG.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PERSONAL crackpot theory is that the exotic RNG is broken. I've gotten only about 4 of the 11 exotic armor bits per class, but well over 3x of each

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PERSONAL crackpot theory is that the exotic RNG is broken. I've gotten only about 4 of the 11 exotic armor bits per class, but well over 3x of each

Apophenia sucks. I suggest lots of drugs so you forget everything.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

xzzy posted:

Apophenia sucks.

Haven't seen that one; what class is it for and what does it do?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

androo posted:

Also chiming in to say, as someone who's been lurking this thread, it's insanely weird that you're reading a thread about a game you think is bad, just to find little ways to remind everyone not just that the game is bad, but specifically that you found out before them. You're like a disappointment hipster, which is.. a really strange thing to invest that much time in.

As someone who read the books before the later GoT seasons I'd :allears: friends every once in a while, so I get it. But that wasn't the entire point of watching the show with them because I'm not crazy.

Eh, I get where you're coming from. I'm fine with you thinking I'm weird. But I wouldn't say I'm trying to "out hip" anyone. I like the idea of Destiny and really wanted this game to be good, and just like everyone else I fell for the way it was presented. I'm not better than anyone just because I got owned by Destiny 2 a few weeks before they did.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Zero VGS posted:

This game is fun so far, but jeez I didn't think it was possible to have worse story/characters than Borderlands.

Probably because—for all its faults—Borderland’s story generally didn’t take itself overly seriously so it could handwave the narrative inconsistencies of things like the New-U stations with a goofy voice clip warning against thinking too hard about being a digital facsimile of the original person you replaced. Destiny 2 wants the po-faced space opera seriousness, but without addressing the ~ludonarrative dissonance~.

Edit: also, if the intro/tutorial section VA were any more wooden it would be trying to discover how to become a real boy.

Dueling Bandsaws fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 26, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You're obsessed dude. Just stop playing and find something else to occupy your time.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Eh, I get where you're coming from. I'm fine with you thinking I'm weird. But I wouldn't say I'm trying to "out hip" anyone. I like the idea of Destiny and really wanted this game to be good, and just like everyone else I fell for the way it was presented. I'm not better than anyone just because I got owned by Destiny 2 a few weeks before they did.

I on the other hand got the game for free (returned GPU, kept voucher) and expected it to be a complete piece of poo poo, turns out while uninspired the mechanics are solid and the game is at least very well optimized, it runs at 3440x1440@120hz maxed out on my 1080ti. So I'm pleasantly surprised.

Edit: as the ultimate troll, I've never played any Destiny except for this on PC for the first time, and I'm exclusively using an Xbone controller.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 26, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly dont see buff gay dude saying anything that off the wall

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Cimber posted:

its more like csgo than overwatch. or it's overwatch but everyone is mccree. pick yr poison!!

eonwe posted:

:yeah:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

looks like i dont need anymore bright engrams

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Did you double dip or are your posts all a deeply rooted feeling of inadequacy bubbling to the surface now that you've seen how small and lovely a 72 degree FOV view is compared to the glory that is 105?

I'm joking, mostly. But I do feel bad for the console players. Being locked into a 72 degree FOV would drive me nuts.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

eonwe posted:

It's nothing really off the wall. The game does have issues. But it's the constant spiels every single day at all hours. People get it. Move on and let people enjoy things.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

It's nothing really off the wall. The game does have issues. But it's the constant spiels every single day at all hours. People get it. Move on and let people enjoy things.

its okay if buff gay dude wants to complain about destiny 2

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Minrad posted:

The long rant on the paper doesn't make me laugh half as much as the plethora of watermarks next to and below it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's also okay to complain about complainers. It's what the internet is for.

Until the mods show up anyways.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Minrad posted:

Lmao

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Minrad posted:

looks like i dont need anymore bright engrams

No instant summon perk. So no, you're not done with bright engrams

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Minrad posted:

How many more times do we gotta hear about 4v4 sucks and m y friends list is not playing and weapon drops are samey blah blah blah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Roman posted:

No instant summon perk. So no, you're not done with bright engrams

lol I didn't even notice the vehicles had perks. gently caress you, I wanna enjoy my hot pink hoverbike!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This website features an ignore feature I suggest you use it if it's single poster is bothering you that much

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Minrad posted:

lol I didn't even notice the vehicles had perks. gently caress you, I wanna enjoy my hot pink hoverbike!

Good news, it's a shader. So when you get a bike with a good perk you can make it pink again.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I appreciate your well reasoned criticisms, but when you drop a one line poo poo post that's just like "check back in 6 weeks!" it just seems pointless and borderline trolling.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
For real tho imma tone it down because the discussion should be about Destiny 2 stuff and also why it is good or bad, not whether it's okay to say it is bad a lot (it is).

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

All the clans in the OP are full or nearly full so here is a link to another US clan that needs more idiots in it doing idiot things:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2120274

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Norns posted:

This website features an ignore feature I suggest you use it if it's single poster is bothering you that much

Maybe they'll turn around. I wanna be witness to that. Also ignoring is dumb.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

BGD has a good av so I am glad they post

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

khy posted:

Did you double dip or are your posts all a deeply rooted feeling of inadequacy bubbling to the surface now that you've seen how small and lovely a 72 degree FOV view is compared to the glory that is 105?

I'm joking, mostly. But I do feel bad for the console players. Being locked into a 72 degree FOV would drive me nuts.

I was honestly gonna double dip because the one absolutely positive thing from the beta was how stellar the PC port looked and felt, and I ain't ashamed to admit that.

If they can actually fix the endgame I'll probably eventually do that, but I backed off once it became clear that pvp and the PvE endgame wasn't gonna sustain it for me. I'd have to get a graphics card to turn my work from home PC into a gaming rig.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I find it annoying how silent the game is, text- and voice-chat wise. I was hoping that was just an oversight in the beta, but it made it into the real game. Don't know if a lack of public text chat is an intentional design decision or a time-saving measure because it wouldn't have been useful on all platforms, but it's disappointing. Also, no clan chat? What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
You're an avid Xbone guy so you're probably getting the one x right? Spend the money on a PC instead, even at $500 you can get one that will run the game at 1080p60 no problem. Or if you just wanted a new GPU, a 1050ti can run the game at 60fps and costs a third of the price.

• Locked thread