Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cowcaster posted:

since eagle vision is passed down through genetic memory ubisoft has confirmed: you gently caress the eagle in assassin's creed origins

Assassins hatch from eggs, this is canon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exploded mummy posted:

The game is getting reviews in the 80s and 90s so maybe they did that

all assassins creed games get that, even 3 lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5Tz5eHV7Y

I'm way too excited for this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Does it have the grappling hook? My favorite part of Syndicate was that they finally went "gently caress it no one actually likes climbing poo poo just have a grapple gun"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

an actual dog posted:

all assassins creed games get that, even 3 lol

Tree climbing simulator

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Saint Freak posted:

Does it have the grappling hook? My favorite part of Syndicate was that they finally went "gently caress it no one actually likes climbing poo poo just have a grapple gun"

It's in ancient Egypt so probably not

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Assassin Creed 3 more than most people, because the boat stuff was the best in that one and I liked the story bits of playing as the British dude and then putting the axe in the pillar and all the running around as a Native American helping the poor farmsteaders with their milquetoast problems

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Spoilers but I gotta get this off my chest because it’s loving killing me

https://youtu.be/jrlyjwgkLZk

You can’t kill Hitler in the new Wolfenstein. [/spoiler]You’re not allowed to. If you kill him, you die and the mission fails.

They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler.

Only Bethesda could gently caress up a concept as simple as ‘Kill Hitler, Win Game’[/spoiler]

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 26, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

exploded mummy posted:

It's in ancient Egypt so probably not

My understanding from History Channel is that space aliens came and gave the Egyptians all kinds of cool poo poo so I don't see why not.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You can’t kill Hitler in the new Wolfenstein. You’re not allowed to. If you kill him, you die and the mission fails.

They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler.

Only Bethesda could gently caress up a concept as simple as ‘Kill Hitler, Win Game’

We very specifically had plans to not kill Hitler in real life to not make a martyr out of him. That was like, part of real military decisions.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sure, just taking a guess, that they let you kill Hitler later, and this is just some pre-release gag.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I'm sure, just taking a guess, that they let you kill Hitler later, and this is just some pre-release gag.

wolfenstein spoilers

You do fail if you do it at that point but maybe you can kill him later so :shrug:

e: vv :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 26, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You can’t.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please respect the spoiler tags

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You can’t kill Hitler in the new Wolfenstein. You’re not allowed to. If you kill him, you die and the mission fails.

Only Bethesda could gently caress up a concept as simple as ‘Kill Hitler, Win Game’

The Evil Within gives you a fun non standard game over credits roll for doing this to the main baddie('s brain) when you have the chance. Shame Wolfenstein doesn't do the same given how many players are gonna do it on-sight.

edit: Also lumpy the cook it probably would've been a good idea for you to put the name of the game you're spoiling OUTSIDE of the spoiler tages

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 26, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Possibly saving it for DLC/a sequel? I dunno.

That's a real clunky way to do the whole thing, though. Even if the only way to kill Hitler is to die doing it, at least have like a brief alternate ending or something so the player sees why Blazkowicz dying to kill Hitler right then wasn't worth it. Even just like a still image with a voice over about how Hitler's assassination galvanized the Nazis and without Blazkowicz the resistance fell apart, yadda yadda, just anything but a boring game over.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Goddamn it this thread

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Citizen-Con starts in 18 hours! I hope you're excited for the latest and greatest from Star Citizen!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Wolfentalk: They've been saying Hitler will be the main antagonist for the third game since the first was announced back in 2013. You got a game over sequence if you tried to kill the antagonist of 2 in the first game too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GUI posted:

Wolfentalk: They've been saying Hitler will be the main antagonist for the third game since the first was announced back in 2013. You got a game over sequence if you tried to kill the antagonist of 2 in the first game too.

Yeah, I can respect saving something for later. A little alternate ending "but the future refused to change" thing would've been less jarring, though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Apparently when you try to shoot him he runs away and jumps out a window

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKeTuZ-zoeA

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This song was far too real to be in a kids game

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My favorite spoiler tags are the ones that don't tell you what game they're spoiling.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it was wolfenstein

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Well, this brings the number of games I've Kickstarted up to.. two?

Also: Thanks Lumpy. I hope you feel better, totally worth spoiling part of a game that hasn't been officially released yet because you lack the awareness or the ability to use spoiler tags effectively. You must have been literally dying.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AC Origins getting big marks for being a more competent game is nice and I'm glad for Ubisoft, but they picked the wrong 2-year stretch to put out an actually cool AC game, especially in terms of open world and/or assassination stuff. Zelda, Hitman, Horizon Dishonored, Shadow of War have all more or less capitalized and cornered the fine points of open world exploration or assassination gameplay. AC is a decent mix of the two though so it will probably still sell well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

The game is getting reviews in the 80s and 90s so maybe they did that

Doubtfu

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"any game series that is popular is bad unless it's made by Nintendo of course"

:goonsay:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

yea exactly

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PantsBandit posted:

You joke but this was my ticket to forum sheep contest success.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

PantsBandit posted:

7/10

While fans of the series will enjoy this post, it doesn't do enough to shake up the stale conventions of the series

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Is this a response to someone or did you miss a thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mario + Rabbids kingdom battle is by far the best Ubisoft game in years so maybe the Nintendo thing is true

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Well, this brings the number of games I've Kickstarted up to.. two?

Also: Thanks Lumpy. I hope you feel better, totally worth spoiling part of a game that hasn't been officially released yet because you lack the awareness or the ability to use spoiler tags effectively. You must have been literally dying.

Oh my bad :shobon: hehe. Went back and fixed it

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lumpy the Cook posted:

hahahahaha no you didn't

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Fix it better, doofus

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lmao

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lumpy the Cook posted: