Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Looks like I got back into this game at the right time. Pretty interesting update coming up. Not sure if my runes from 2010-2012 are even useful anymore so this change to the rune/mastery system is much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A Galio legit outscaled a fed Veigar by the time he had 3 ap items, every single Q he spammed every 4 seconds would one shot anyone who didn't build MR, those who did build a extra 60 or more MR would get to live with 10% hp.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh galio is op now?

guess im not playing till next year

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Why is everyone suddenly playing veigar?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Sexpansion posted:

Why is everyone suddenly playing veigar?
It was buffed in 7.20

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm not even sure why they felt the need to make such drastic changes. He wasn't actually performing that well in solo queue and there's there's another two and a half months before any patches affect pro play.

He was under performing in solo queue after the nerfs? Perhaps they want him to *GASP* have to build AP items to do damage instead of stacking MR and HP?

Also, tracking CS on scoreboard is cool to track the relative strength of heroes, just normalize jg camp CS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A Galio legit outscaled a fed Veigar by the time he had 3 ap items, every single Q he spammed every 4 seconds would one shot anyone who didn't build MR, those who did build a extra 60 or more MR would get to live with 10% hp.

I just played this, you're only one shotting people with Q with 400+ AP and even then they have to take the impact and the DoT to die.

That said, I was reliably zoning people back with it. He is also not tough to kill when going AP. I did RoA into Liandrys for the bulk, but I was far from tanky.

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 26, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Smol posted:

It was buffed in 7.20

It doesn't seem particularly strong to me (I played against it it twice in a row in mid lane last night, lol) but I think I might start banning it just to piss people off.

gloat.jpg

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

How did you like hard AP on him? I chickened out and did bulky AP (Off Tank Galio?!?!?) When I tried it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

How did you like hard AP on him? I chickened out and did bulky AP (Off Tank Galio?!?!?) When I tried it.

it's disgusting.

You just have to change your mindset. You're a pokebot with your Q, not an engager. I think the ideal build is mejais --> morello's --> deathcap or something like that.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

it's disgusting.

You just have to change your mindset. You're a pokebot with your Q, not an engager. I think the ideal build is mejais --> morello's --> deathcap or something like that.

I did get some one shots off in my game, but I think I laughed the most when I killed two super creeps with one cast of Q

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

I did get some one shots off in my game, but I think I laughed the most when I killed two super creeps with one cast of Q

Yeah you do baron and dragon so loving fast. Honestly it's just completely broken, there's no way it stays in this state. It will take people a few days to figure out how to play it and what to build and then it will be permaban status.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah you do baron and dragon so loving fast. Honestly it's just completely broken, there's no way it stays in this state. It will take people a few days to figure out how to play it and what to build and then it will be permaban status.

It's a shiiitload of damage. Someone said the tick rate is bugged, and I would believe it.

He is a melee ranged damaged over time caster with no non ultimate escape. He absolutely better do a lot of damage when stacking AP. If he's not bugged they probably need to revist the cap on monsters.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

It's a shiiitload of damage. Someone said the tick rate is bugged, and I would believe it.

He is a melee ranged damaged over time caster with no non ultimate escape. He absolutely better do a lot of damage when stacking AP. If he's not bugged they probably need to revist the cap on monsters.

Yeah the scaling is supposed to be capped against monsters but I'm not sure if it's working.

The problem with the Q is the max health scaling. With a reasonable amount of AP you're at like 50% max health and that's not counting base damage with a .9 AP ratio.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Apdo's jungle ez runepage is fire :moonrio: :

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 26, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I trust Apdo unconditionally

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Apdo's jungle ez runepage is borderline insane :moonrio: :

Apdo actually pays a small team of people to crunch the numbers and come up with "optimal" rune pages for his various champs/roles/matchups for him. That page in specific is meant to provide him with early dueling power and a healthy clear, because he level 2 ganks nearly every single game he plays jungle Ez.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I played Galio in an ARAM and not even building full AP (Morellos/Void Staff/Abyssal/Banshees/Spirit Visage) I was doing almost as much damage as the full 6 item Jinx and still able to survive a decent amount of time engaging into the entire enemy team. I'll be amazed if he isn't hotfixed by the weekend.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah, but ARAM is like an ideal scenario for Galio.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you guys talking about the new galio build like it is not going to immediately be nerfed

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I can dream. I am hoping it's a bug so they don't go overboard and nerf him back to poo poo tier again

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Start with a relatable and true premise: “Galio is broken now”

Now that the reader is on your side and feels that you have game knowledge, see what the stupidest thing you can sneak in there is “the ideal build path for AP galio is first item mejais”.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mobafire man blasts in from history times and shoots mejai/tear lux builds everywhere, killing everyone

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Work Friend Keven posted:

Start with a relatable and true premise: “Galio is broken now”

Now that the reader is on your side and feels that you have game knowledge, see what the stupidest thing you can sneak in there is “the ideal build path for AP galio is first item mejais”.

Keven stop making fun of me, also I am right.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
lord i was born a mobafire man

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RCWb7lUCc

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i wish they remake zac. being able to blow everyone up with a perfectly timed e is way better than this lovely ult that nobody even like using

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright guys the patch dropped and now a tank is able to do 2.5 thousand damage with one ability, lets try to find an optimal build path of this obviously intentional change. first item mejais obviously, and second item tear so you can keep using the ability over and over

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

alright guys the patch dropped and now a tank is able to do 2.5 thousand damage with one ability, lets try to find an optimal build path of this obviously intentional change. first item mejais obviously, and second item tear so you can keep using the ability over and over

Please stop leaking my Sona builds

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Galio is obviously broken, but even with this buff he still suffers from being hot garbage. He can't farm effectively versus an AP mid, still has no escape skills, and much like the previous galio, suffers from being a tank who wants to build AP but if he does he's loving trash.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scent of Worf posted:

Looks like I got back into this game at the right time. Pretty interesting update coming up. Not sure if my runes from 2010-2012 are even useful anymore so this change to the rune/mastery system is much appreciated.

What update?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Noticed the only place I see more tears than on support sonas these days is coming from king kob webs eyes because he was wrong about that ha ha

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

RC Cola posted:

What update?

The 2018 runes rework, I think.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Noticed the only place I see more tears than on support sonas these days is coming from king kob webs eyes because he was wrong about that ha ha

Fanatic lost that game. I will die a hero for this cause.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
So Vasilli was streaming, got mad, GF told him to calm down so he attacked her and was then arrested.

https://twitter.com/Marco_YS35/status/923570859058520064

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/78wgpp/vasilli_got_taken_in_by_the_police_for_beating/

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Drone_Fragger posted:

Galio is obviously broken, but even with this buff he still suffers from being hot garbage. He can't farm effectively versus an AP mid, still has no escape skills, and much like the previous galio, suffers from being a tank who wants to build AP but if he does he's loving trash.

galios escape is having a 615% damage reduction every five seconds on his W. also he wave clears fine are you sure you're not thinking of another champ. or game

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Newbee has ended their contract with him as well.

https://twitter.com/Marco_YS35/status/923616720568197120

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

galios escape is having a 615% damage reduction every five seconds on his W. also he wave clears fine are you sure you're not thinking of another champ. or game

I think you are

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Galio is obviously broken, but even with this buff he still suffers from being hot garbage.

This is called a nonsense statement. The rest of your post was just wrong, but this is not only wrong it's just noise that couldnt possibly be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

Galio presses q twice. autos once to clears the wave and then walks off to the side and sidelanes poo poo their pants

• Locked thread