Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I think the first thing to do is to put on any media with a woman in it and see if your coworker starts screaming about her uterus judging him. You have to find out how deep the corruption goes.

Fake edit: well that's a hell of a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Goon Danton posted:

I was referring to arpaio's camp (hence the "explicitly called that" thing), but yeah this too.

YOu could make a case that rikers island holding innocent people until their court date is one

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu3l5kIHcbs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maxims for fascists:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

very unamerican for those guys to listen to a guy with such a french name and femme voice.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabLHq4NuyA

Guy finds footage of his anti-MMS videos being used by CBS as pro-MMS.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. Cassie Jaye had won the victory over herself. She loved the men's rights movement.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

And here's Bob with a hot take.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Archer666 posted:

Why yes just ask every policeman ever if he would prefer the first ten or so amendments to just slough off the constitution.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Isn't this one of those maxims that actually has empirical backing? Like, multiple studies on how people behave in games show that people with unfair advantages turn into colossal assholes about it.

e: wait who's Bob

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Moviebob I think is a youtube channel that I have never watched.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Goon Danton posted:

Isn't this one of those maxims that actually has empirical backing? Like, multiple studies on how people behave in games show that people with unfair advantages turn into colossal assholes about it.

Not really, that area of the social sciences is a mess and it's not a claim that can be meaningfully interrogated. There's a lot of research that suggests that power and advantages can make people monsters, but it varies intensely by a wide array of factors.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

e: wait who's Bob

Movie critic, seems to hold the traditional center-left milquetoast identity politics positions. I haven't heard anything objectionable about him except in this thread.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Not really, that area of the social sciences is a mess and it's not a claim that can be meaningfully interrogated. There's a lot of research that suggests that power and advantages can make people monsters, but it varies intensely by a wide array of factors.

Oh right, I keep forgetting about y'all's statistical tire fire. Gonna mail my copy of Thinking Fast and Slow back to Kahneman and make him fix it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Madmarker posted:

Movie critic, seems to hold the traditional center-left milquetoast identity politics positions. I haven't heard anything objectionable about him except in this thread.

He thinks that people with low IQs should be killed.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

business hammocks posted:

Lol what?

Please tell me you're joking and this dude doesn't actually endorse Idiocracy inspired eugenics.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So just seen this destiny person laughing/critiquing Mouthy Buddha.

Holy poo poo Mouthy Buddha is an unremmitting piece of poo poo isn't he.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

business hammocks posted:

He's never overtly said anything that terrible. He just really seems to think that people in the midwest/south deserve to be out of work and that capitalism capitalism works. So he implicitly endorses poor people dying.

edit: added the quote so people don't think I'm talking about Mouthy Buddha who is a huge piece of poo poo I would never defend even if someone was exaggerating.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

So just seen this destiny person laughing/critiquing Mouthy Buddha.

Holy poo poo Mouthy Buddha is an unremmitting piece of poo poo isn't he.
Mouthy Buddha is a full on Nazi. Needs a good gulaging.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

He's never overtly said anything that terrible. He just really seems to think that people in the midwest/south deserve to be out of work and that capitalism capitalism works. So he implicitly endorses poor people dying.

Ah, so pretty much centrist democrat then?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Archer666 posted:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Terrible Opinions posted:

edit: added the quote so people don't think I'm talking about Mouthy Buddha who is a huge piece of poo poo I would never defend even if someone was exaggerating.

really makes you think

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Congratulations on being able to demonstrate the difference between overt and implicit for the audience.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
We've basically had this conversation before and MovieBob is basically not any different from most other goons in D&D and basically everytime I see someone in this thread saying anything negative it's by really really stretching what is being said under the worst possible uncharitable interpretation.

For example, "Power corrupts" is basically the same line of thought by many "State's rights" advocates for why the Federal government shouldn't have any power at all to work towards the public good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like mouthy buddha's name because he has a gross nerd mouth.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
What are people's views on Jason Unruhe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Jason X was better.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like mouthy buddha's name because he has a gross nerd mouth.

I'm not sure how to picture this other than someone with a bunch of candy nerds stuck between their teeth.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

He has a series of videos defending North Korea. Useful idiot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fallenturtle posted:

I'm not sure how to picture this other than someone with a bunch of candy nerds stuck between their teeth.

he has a mouth like donkeylips.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

he has a mouth like donkeylips.

And now you've reminded me of that one catullus bit.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

I think racism is actually a bigger problem among wealthier whites, who trend more towards being Republican than poorer ones. Like, everyone has this mental image of a racist redneck (and those obviously do exist), but most of these folks are just suburbanites.

The main reason I mention this is because I think it's actually harmful to cast racism/bigotry as primarily something practiced by the poor/working class. It basically lets the more guilty and influential middle/upper-class racists off the hook through omission.

True.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Measly Twerp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabLHq4NuyA

Guy finds footage of his anti-MMS videos being used by CBS as pro-MMS.

I have been trying to remember the name of a podcast I listened to for a bit until it suddenly went all GamerGatey but just couldn't remember it and that guy was on it. Looking at the League of Nerds podcast archive they did a GamerGate podcast a couple of months ago, I didn't realise that it was still a thing.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DuQbHtfIU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heh
I just made a joke in another thread

"Hi im DreamWork face making noun and let me tell you about feminism"

Glad im not the only one

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pro click.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I kind of like his videos, but only for listening since his editing style makes me feel like I am reading 4 panel cringe memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Crossposting from the internet culture warrior thread in GBS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNAwHrTowO0&t=5387s

I know many of y'all might have seen this one already, but I just came across it. I know it's Sargon and all, but I can't help but be continuously impressed at how loving awful he is as a debater.

- He seems to have opinions but doesn't seem to know how to express them
- He stutters quite a bit (admittedly, the least worst of his problems)
- He literally could not bring up ONE example of something to make whatever dumbass case that he was making, and then ALSO states that his lack of ability to bring up a single example is not evidence that what he's saying isn't true
- He doesn't seem to understand what either "self-evident" or "evidence" seems to mean.
- He insists he's not bitching about feminism despite that being ALL he loving bitches about
- He eventually admits that, yes, it indeed WAS about feminism the whole time
- He doesn't think that academic institutions or think tanks try to sway public policy (:lol:)
- He insists he's not stereotyping feminists when he says "all feminists are idiots".
- He then has the audacity to call other people idiots for not bring up examples of evidence

This was unsurprisingly a train wreck, but it's shocking how this fucker can't even be considered a pseudointellectual. All he has is his accent!

And then there was the guy who showed up at the end who insisted he wasn't being emotional when it sounded like he was ready to shoot up and old folks home.

• Locked thread