Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

For real tho imma tone it down because the discussion should be about Destiny 2 stuff and also why it is good or bad, not whether it's okay to say it is bad a lot (it is).

Thx also when you give advice on game itself it is very good and useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like every poster on something awful dot com except for that one guy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You're an avid Xbone guy so you're probably getting the one x right? Spend the money on a PC instead, even at $500 you can get one that will run the game at 1080p60 no problem. Or if you just wanted a new GPU, a 1050ti can run the game at 60fps and costs a third of the price.

I'm not buying the OneX lmao, there's no compelling reason to

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's literally no reason to own a One X

Microsoft can't even come up with a reason.

Look at their ads, it's shameful

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Eh, I'm still enjoying the game and everything but why is everybody praising its beauty? Its not terrible but trees are really bad and IMO Witcher 3 looked much better and its a 2015 game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
can you retards stop fighting about an xbox or whatever the gently caress

I'm 271 after all my powerful engrams or whatever. Game is fun, going for the mida quest I think now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wish they would take trees out of games so people could stop talking about them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm 271 after all my powerful engrams or whatever. Game is fun, going for the mida quest I think now.

lol we're not even fighting. ABGD and I are Xbox One owners, and even we see that the BonX is a huge whoopsy daisy

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yessss, get MIDA. The SMG is pretty fun, but the Scout itself will probably always be one of the best things in the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

lol we're not even fighting. ABGD and I are Xbox One owners, and even we see that the BonX is a huge whoopsy daisy

Sorry I meant the guy a buff gay dude was replying too. Honestly his posting is fine, its good to know that Bungie kinda did fumble the ball after it learned so much after Taken King/Rise of Iron/Age of triumph. It's barely day 3 and I already have geared up to 271, and may start to run out of content soon lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's literally no reason to own a One X

Microsoft can't even come up with a reason.

Look at their ads, it's shameful

Um, no power brick. Purchase justified!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

By the time people on PC run out of stuff they want to do, Season 2 will be out with a whole bunch of new stuff, and if the Live Team hasn't lost their touch it should be good stuff. Many of my good memories of Destiny 1 was playing content that the Live Team had re-worked.

The question is whether PC players will play way more than console players, and therefore run out of stuff to do faster.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sorry I meant the guy a buff gay dude was replying too. Honestly his posting is fine, its good to know that Bungie kinda did fumble the ball after it learned so much after Taken King/Rise of Iron/Age of triumph. It's barely day 3 and I already have geared up to 271, and may start to run out of content soon lol

The game begins after you beat campaign and start working towards max light. All the activities are open, and the weekly rotating 'theme' content is dippable-in at any time. It looks like they're onboard to deploy a pretty steady stream of fresh stuff each week at Tuesday reset.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Striker is the best class in the game huh?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

myDad posted:

hosed up way to spell devour Warlock

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you play Destiny 2 on an Xbox One X your entire family turns into corncobs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As a guy who has work and grownup stuff to do I am perfectly fine with the amount of content in the game thusfar :shobon:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I assume there's no way to go past 105 FOV without getting banned? Everyone is fat looking on my ultrawide.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zero VGS posted:

I assume there's no way to go past 105 FOV without getting banned? Everyone is fat looking on my ultrawide.
Turn on your monitor. :smugdog:

By fat do you mean they're stretched? That sounds like a resolution issue rather than a FoV issue.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Elysiume posted:

Turn on your monitor. :smugdog:

By fat do you mean they're stretched? That sounds like a resolution issue rather than a FoV issue.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck this is probably one of the funniest jokes in the world. Other contenders:

1. 2-3 kids in a trenchcoat trying to look like an adult
2. Any joke with "----er? I barely knew 'er!"
3. Strange name for a man

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

For real tho imma tone it down because the discussion should be about Destiny 2 stuff and also why it is good or bad, not whether it's okay to say it is bad a lot (it is).

If you hate the game this much because you've become enlightened that it's a grind after a month, then you've reached the point I reached when I quit wow like 6 years ago. Then I realized that grind isn't inherently bad as long as it lets me have fun with buds, and to not grind outside of that. I was also unbearably smug about becoming a higher being about MMO grinding for like a year, too.

Like, I think non-super cooldowns should get lowered to make pve more fun, but I'm under no illusions about what this game is about at its core. The entire thing is about grinding higher numbers, just like every other MMO I've ever played. That's okay.

Also, for the uninitiated, what is a MIDA (an exotic from the 5 scout rifles thing?) and what is PDS?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

If they look stretched on the sides lowering the fov actually fixes your problem...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuck this is probably one of the funniest jokes in the world. Other contenders:

1. 2-3 kids in a trenchcoat trying to look like an adult
2. Any joke with "----er? I barely knew 'er!"
3. Strange name for a man

i changed my mind please turn off your monitor

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If you hate the game this much because you've become enlightened that it's a grind after a month, then you've reached the point I reached when I quit wow like 6 years ago. Then I realized that grind isn't inherently bad as long as it lets me have fun with buds, and to not grind outside of that. I was also unbearably smug about becoming a higher being about MMO grinding for like a year, too.

Like, I think non-super cooldowns should get lowered to make pve more fun, but I'm under no illusions about what this game is about at its core. The entire thing is about grinding higher numbers, just like every other MMO I've ever played. That's okay.

Also, for the uninitiated, what is a MIDA (an exotic from the 5 scout rifles thing?) and what is PDS?

The exotic Scout Rifle MIDA Multi Tool, and its companion, the Mini-Tool. If you have both equipped at the same time they confer a synergy benefit; in D1 it was just standalone good:

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-g...l-will-kill-you

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
if they had this game's loot generosity with destiny 1's loot that'd be loving awesome as it is the problem isn't that it's a grind but a boring one, there's only a handful of good guns and most of them aren't even exciting. oooo boy mida can't wait for this generic rear end thing which is like the centerpiece for the whole game so far when it was one of the dullest of the good exotics in destiny 1, not to mention basically 95% of the purple weapons are just like bad rolls from d1 very nicely hand crafted bespoke dog poo poo right here lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There's an destroy the anti air flak gun adventure that unlocks right before the final story missions and it starts out with the good guys telling you how the red legion beefed up the base after you took care of Ghaul. Nice continuity, already counting on me beating the final boss.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's not a grind after a month. There's nothing meaningful to do after a month. There is no grind. Yeah the actual shootman content is good for a while, but I'd rather play something else that's new instead of the same content over and over again without getting better stuff. Honestly, and I don't mean this in a hostile way, I would say you are under an illusion about what this game is about. But, you sound like you'd love D1.

MIDA is an exotic kinetic scout that has stagger rounds, speed boost and a perk that keeps radar up when aiming. It's the best scout rifle in the game and a staple (lol) of PVP loadouts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
He's chuckling because the MIDA sound effect is literally a Swingline stapler sound recording

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

myDad posted:

Striker is literally the most fun you can have in the game, anyone that says otherwise can safely be described as a "busta."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcABYNgrEqo

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also like what are the interesting unique weapons so far? wardcliff and merciless? a boring version of gjhallarhorn and pocket infinity? they played it so safe with this, basically the one thing the game making team got right in the first game was that initial batch of iconic super fun weapons. the live team salvaged their game big time. this time around they couldnt even do their one thing correctly and the initial batch of weapons is so loving dull and safe, and the live team probably isn't going to change that since they focused on other stuff. so we might need to wait til destiny 3 for them to fix this poo poo providing they even do, they only seem to make changes when people yell at them because they're cowardly and have no confidence in their game since it had such a troubled development to begin with.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Mr. Unlucky posted:

if they had this game's loot generosity with destiny 1's loot that'd be loving awesome as it is the problem isn't that it's a grind but a boring one, there's only a handful of good guns and most of them aren't even exciting. oooo boy mida can't wait for this generic rear end thing which is like the centerpiece for the whole game so far when it was one of the dullest of the good exotics in destiny 1, not to mention basically 95% of the purple weapons are just like bad rolls from d1 very nicely hand crafted bespoke dog poo poo right here lol
I haven't gotten to the endgame of D2 but I won't stand for you sullying the good name of D1 Mida and it's soothing stapler sounding gunshots and how it made you zoom around

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so i guess the community kind of brought this on themselves because they initially yelled at the devs. when you have a lot of weapons that are both fun and strong people want them, couple this with them being hard to get and it gets loving annoying and frustrating. so make all the weapons safe and the loot plentiful, this is like the same poo poo only on the opposite end of the spectrum so it's dull instead of frustrating, just a different kind of bad.

if they properly combine destiny 1 and 2 together then 3 should easily be the best game out of them but i guess we'll see how it goes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

also like what are the interesting unique weapons so far? wardcliff and merciless? a boring version of gjhallarhorn and pocket infinity? they played it so safe with this, basically the one thing the game making team got right in the first game was that initial batch of iconic super fun weapons. the live team salvaged their game big time. this time around they couldnt even do their one thing correctly and the initial batch of weapons is so loving dull and safe, and the live team probably isn't going to change that since they focused on other stuff. so we might need to wait til destiny 3 for them to fix this poo poo providing they even do, they only seem to make changes when people yell at them because they're cowardly and have no confidence in their game since it had such a troubled development to begin with.

The items are a lot safer, but there are some fun gimmicks out there to amuse yourself with. Melee builds are a real thing now, at least for pve. The titan smg pants and hunter sidarm arms are hilarious too. Hawthorne's shotgun is a 4th horseman that isn't trash. Sunshot is fatebringer's child. Raiden Flux turns hunter poledancer into a murder blender. Titan war rig is an AR fanboy's dream.

There's more out there but that's all I got off the top of my head.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Norns posted:

hosed up way to spell devour Warlock

actually the best class is pathfinder hunter and if you say it isnt im gonna take my two dozen orbs of light and go home

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
My favorite class is the Blood spec Death Knight.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Maybe console players should stick to the loving console thread instead of making GBS threads up the PC thread about how much Destiny 2 is going to suck in three weeks or whatever. Like I get that your brain damage prevents you from shutting up about how bad Destiny 2 is or whatever but if you're only playing on Xbox why come in here and be obnoxious? This thread is for discussing the superior frame rates and fovs, obviously.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
OK level with me guys, about how many hours do I need to sink into this game to get the Quickfang? Rough guesstimate.

Edit: gently caress's sake, it says I have to beat the whole campaign first? How long is that...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zero VGS posted:

OK level with me guys, about how many hours do I need to sink into this game to get the Quickfang? Rough guesstimate.

However long it takes you to finish the Campaign on a Hunter! It's a reward from Cayde.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Between 0 seconds and 5 days played. RNG gonna RNG.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

However long it takes you to finish the Campaign on a Hunter! It's a reward from Cayde.

Really? Well that shows how much I pay attention to where my loot comes from. Coulda swore I got mine from an engram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

If you are playing a Hunter, you will get one as a reward eventually.

If you are not playing a Hunter, infinity plus zero hours, since it is a Hunter only item

• Locked thread