Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Racism is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Racism is bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

GBS USED to be good, then something happened with the rules or GBS 2.0 or whatever and it was like a back door from FYAD opened and spilled in and now I can barely convince myself to scroll through the front page because 4 out of 5 threads are something like "I saw a dog" or "Say a thing".

It still throws up the occasional gem and I shall forgive its shortcomings for that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Re: Dickgrabber. It's iospace. Everyone chills and has a good time shitposting, then BANG she grabs you by the dick and gives you a sixer or a day for a pun but we all laugh it off because it's funny

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 26, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:flip:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Real talk for a moment: I can't think of a better bunch of shitheads to talk F1 with. No lie.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i can

nascar fans

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can.

*Feels Villeneuve wistfully remembers his posting friend, El Hefe*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I sincerely like all of you.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Gross

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
God bless us, everyone

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I sincerely like all of you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

On my death bed I'll still think about buying that avatar and laugh to myself over how loving great that idea was.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would pick you guys out of the bin any time.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
wow this thread got sexy as gently caress outta nowhere

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

On my death bed I'll still think about buying that avatar and laugh to myself over how loving great that idea was.

That’s the face your doctor will have when you learn of your imminent demise

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

OhsH posted:

i can

nascar fans

Half the posters in here also watch nascar

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*Feels Villeneuve hugs everyone*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stop talking crap stupid idiots

Nando at Daytona

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/11099574/fernando-alonso-to-race-at

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I was hoping this would be the 500.

"NO POWER. THIS CAR HAS NO POWER. WHY IT ACCELERATE SO SLOW? YOU TOLD ME THIS WAS A CHEVY."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

I was hoping this would be the 500.

"NO POWER. THIS CAR HAS NO POWER. WHY IT ACCELERATE SO SLOW? YOU TOLD ME THIS WAS A CHEVY."

Alonso wants 3 races outside the f1 calendar. I think that would change if the Mclaren Renault is competitive, but you never know.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nando is doing what kimi should have done which is try before you buy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Honda should go into Formula E so they can name their car E-Honda.

That's one of two puns I have for today...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

CratSock posted:

Even steampunkier than the original. Can somebody give this the "deal with it" treatment and update his av?

You're my hero. I'll buy this myself if no-one else will.

Also, lmao @ iospace's av

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rip me

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

I'm so happy a shitpost I made did a thing.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

This avatar combined with the "single cylinder posting" title is one of my favorites of all time. Its gonna be a shame when it goes away.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BubbaGrace posted:

This avatar combined with the "single cylinder posting" title is one of my favorites of all time. Its gonna be a shame when it goes away.

Theophany's "the face only a sister could love" is pretty funny as well.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

BubbaGrace posted:

That av and text combo is prime :discourse:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have to admit I consulted Theophany for the text and he came up with part of the text.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

NtotheTC posted:

Wow, the dick grab av happened!

Steampunk LH44 Andrew Benson is more likeable than I anticipated.

Hey, I haven't seen this mentioned, but it looks like Porsche settled with Paul Walker's daughter for an undisclosed amount. I like Walker, and I feel bad for his daughter, but I really don't think Porsche should have any liability for his death as a passenger in a car that was doing "80 - 93mph in a 40 zone". Apparently her claim was that he survived the initial crash, but couldn't get his seat belt off to get out of the car, and that the design flaw was what killed him. It seems unlikely, but I guess I'm not a crash investigator. I've also seen comments (no verification of accuracy) that the car had been sold multiple times on the used market and was possibly not properly maintained, including being on old tires. Anyway, just a car related thing. Discuss. Or not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/paul-walker-daughter-settles-wrongful-death-suit-porsche-article-1.3587406

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
And this is just one of the many reasons America needs to bring in the MOT.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

I ain’t getting rid of it, unless there’s somehow a more hilarious face next year from a Renault engineer

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

I've also seen comments (no verification of accuracy) that the car had been sold multiple times on the used market and was possibly not properly maintained, including being on old tires.

This was confirmed by the DOT's investigation, the tires were the original ones that came on the car and it wasn't maintained. The brakes were shot as well, apparently the rotor was below spec meaning it should've been replaced. Surprised Porsche settled given how frivolous it seemed given the results of the DOT investigation.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

This was confirmed by the DOT's investigation, the tires were the original ones that came on the car and it wasn't maintained. The brakes were shot as well, apparently the rotor was below spec meaning it should've been replaced. Surprised Porsche settled given how frivolous it seemed given the results of the DOT investigation.

Settling saves them time and a court case?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Settling saves them time and a court case?

Do you really want to be the super car brand that is known for settling in road racing lawsuits?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

wicka posted:

I ain’t getting rid of it, unless there’s somehow a more hilarious face next year from a Renault engineer

I'm sure we can find an interesting photo of noted RenaultSport F1 figurehead Alain Prost.

1500quidporsche posted:

Do you really want to be the super car brand that is known for settling in road racing lawsuits?

He's a big name, the case could've done even more damage to the VAG-Porsche brand than the ongoing (how the gently caress is it still ongoing, like how are there still more VAG cars to bust for cheating on emissions tests) emissions scandal.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 26, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I'll buy it back if someone replaces it - i like it that much :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

CratSock posted:

I'll take the word of a former WDC over a scrub like Jos the Boss any day.

Ummm, excuuuuuse me good sir, but he is DEFENDING WDC for at least a few more days.

• Locked thread