Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for the surprise reveal of the Intel\CIG SSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Bootcha posted:

Bootcha's CitCon predictions.

Everything runs late.
Bar runs out of booze or closes down early.
Bootcha's Hired Sleeper Agent will relentlessly mock CR at keynote speechThere might be obnoxious people
Intel harddrive flys like a wet fart
The Pioneer spaceship ad actually doesn't show the Pioneer
The super secret game changer is some dumb smartphone app that only works on apple devices because that's what Chris has
Ya but what will Chris wear?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Ya but what will Chris wear?
Black.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

AP posted:

I'm excited for the surprise reveal of the Intel\CIG SSD.

Have they not officially announced that yet, or was that a leak that they've just not talked about at all? I've lost track

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Have they not officially announced that yet, or was that a leak that they've just not talked about at all? I've lost track

EMBARGO: TBD

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CALLEDIT! :smuggo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Loot crates are in baby

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Maybe a new title/OP for CitCon with links to poo poo?

Star Citizen: Vice Farce Over Internet Protocol

his nibs fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 26, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Solarin posted:

Loot crates are in baby

I really, really hope so.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Welp, it's finally almost here!

One more day.

For the new season of Stranger Things.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I think you mean for assassins creedO and wolf2

(and stranger things)

oh and that thing for the spacegame we make fun of

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bootcha posted:

Everything runs late.
Bootcha's Hired Sleeper Agent will relentlessly mock CR at keynote speechThere might be obnoxious people
The super secret game changer is some dumb smartphone app that only works on apple devices because that's what Chris has

-Bootcha will drunkenly share embarrassing cig anecdotes in discord
- stimpire

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Goredema posted:

This calls for... a Smug Off!

Never mind, Cymelion already won that contest for all time.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

CIG will announce double spacebux for the ref'rul program

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Bootcha posted:

Everything runs late.

secret goon deep cover agent will disrupt keynote address with airhorn. Agent will be wearing a black tee shirt with a spaceship on it, jorts, and have unkempt facial hair.

sorry, I forgot about opsec for Operation: Hell Toupee

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen is basically Duke Nukem Forever except that game eventually came out with most of the promised features

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Where do I listen to goons watching citcon tomorrow? Please help!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bootcha posted:

Everything runs late.

I want in on this action!

- It's another Fyre Festival fiasco.
- The backers gather at the site but the front door of the building is locked and it's dark inside. Crobblz and co are nowhere to be seen.
- Turns out, most of those moving trucks were actually Crobblz & bros clearing out and making their getaway.
- Finally, a truck stops in front of the venue building and unloads a single crate. It's labeled "Schrodinger's 3.0 build". (It's loving empty -- or possibly filled with poison gas).

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

BloodyScab posted:

So for normal people in God's Timezone we will be working and cannot be gish galloped live for 9 hours. I am relying on you alcoholics, degenerates, and Europeans for updates throughout the day about how great star citizen is.

As an alcoholic degenerate with tomorrow off, I can confirm I'll be drunk by 8 am.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
- fidelity piled high
- no ball pit
- ben fat

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My predictions:

Chris will spend more time talking about inane, ancillary bullshit than space gameplay.

A remarkably cringe inducing demo of Squadron 42 will make an appearance and confuse people about WTF they're actually getting.

Chris will not be anywhere near sober or a controller.

An awkward joke about not announcing dates will be made.

Sandi will make up for her incredible performance in American Satan by spending more time than ever holding the audience hostage.

Nothing new, notable, or remotely fun will be shown.

At least one failure during the demo will necessitate a repeat that exposes that it's all a huge bullshot.

The stream will be late, Chris will wear black, and Derek will declare that he called it.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

AbstractNapper posted:

I want in on this action!

- It's another Fyre Festival fiasco.

Refreshments from the stars!

(no refunds)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj84tfS7ag4

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

As if Crobs would ever wear basic black like a plebe...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

hot balls man no homo posted:

Refreshments from the stars!

(no refunds)
:five:

TheAgent posted:

and wolf2

oh yeah. I knew I was forgetting something.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
-Helmet

-Hel-MET

-HEL-MET

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I just installed my Star Citizen SSD.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

X-Ultron posted:

I just installed my Star Citizen SSD.

lol

Not enough spinning

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Zakutambah posted:

Obviously they realized all other IPs are now superfluous, now that Star Citizen is the only game anyone will every play. Bless them for having the foresight to get on the ground floor with Crobbits.

Steam is shutting down for good EOD Friday after CitizenCon presentation. Gabe Newell's press release states "We had a good run".

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
What. The. Actual. gently caress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78v51a/cloud_imperium_games_uk_limited_financials_for/dowyqtg/

quote:

I agree with this assessment, just after looking at the balances. It seems the finance team did an awesome job keeping things relatively stable despite increased expenses and they still have quite the piggy bank set aside.
If you took these costs and basically applied them to all of the CIG studios, it would seem their YOY OpEx is something like $20M at an extreme. That might concern some, but it shouldn't - they've been pulling in a good bit more money than that annually for the last little bit. Pretty impressive.

This is why these assholes can't balance their checkbook. Wow.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Rad Russian posted:

Steam is shutting down for good EOD Friday after CitizenCon presentation. Gabe Newell's press release states "We had a good run".

Yeah well, I called that months ago. Which is why Gabe recently made the Forbes billionaires list. He cashed out. So. :colbert:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78xkq7/pioneer_presale_if_you_have_access/

quote:

Be the first to get your hands on Consolidated Outland’s exciting new Pioneer mobile construction ship. Whether you’re looking to build a home away from home or strike out to claim an untouched world, the Pioneer will not only get you there, it’ll make your dreams a reality.

:allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

What. The. Actual. gently caress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78v51a/cloud_imperium_games_uk_limited_financials_for/dowyqtg/

This is why these rear endclowns can't clown their clownbook. clWown.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This is an overdue update to the 3.0 Progress Infographic. As always, distribute freely if so motivated. Corrections always welcomed (and seemingly always needed.) If events on the show floor reveal surprises that need to be accounted for, they will of course be added.

As for predictions, I still think a 3.0 only show is going to be salting wounds and reminding people of their frustrations with the above.

So as I stated a while back and as Beer just posted, I’m expected a surprise Squadron glimpse, despite CIG’s claims to the contrary... Not because Squadron is the solution to their big problems — particularly not their financial ones — but because it remains largely an untapped source of celebrity-infused hype. The goodwill reserves of Mark Hamill, the megawatt luminance of their prestige cast for older nerds (Oldman, Andersen, etc.), Squadron still has the potential to distract the aggrieved, to attract the uninformed, to boater the flagging confidence of the exhausted and to get media outlets parroting then again for a change. And of course it would consummate a long overdue promise from last fall.

So I predict a Squadron moment - even if it only points towards a year end BIG REVEAL. They have to change the narrative (above) in such a desperate, palpable way, and I think “Starring Luke Skywalker!” is just the Jedi mind trick they need.

(Plus with Sandi unexpectedly cut from American Satan, she really needs a break. A little shared screentime with a familiar face might be just the update she needs to give her show reel some heat...)

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Cool. Space trailer parks.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

*All base building feature available in 2020 at the earliest.

(no refunds)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What the gently caress ---- $290,000 of sperg spending on internet spaceships in the last hour?

Crazy

and Sad.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I think the greater than symbol should be a less than symbol in the number of star systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lovely stuff GORF