Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kosumo posted:

What the gently caress ---- $290,000 of sperg spending on internet spaceships in the last hour?

Crazy

and Sad.

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I know it's hard to tell how mixed up you feel
Hoping what you need is behind Evocati
Each time you get delayed, I don't want you to change
Because everyone has dreams, you're human after all
The feeling sometimes, wishing you had backed a true game
Feeling as though you never belong
This feeling is not sadness, this feeling is not joy
I truly understand. Please, don't refund now

Please don't go, I want you to stay
I'm begging you please, please don't leave us
I don't want you to hate
For all the hurt that you feel
The game is just a scam, trying to change you

Being like you are
Well this is something else, who would comprehend?
But some that do, lay claim
Crobbert's purpose blesses them
That's not what I believe, and it doesn't matter anyway
A part of your soul ties you to the next alpha
Or maybe to the last, but I'm still not sure
But what I do know, is to us the game is different
As we are to the world but I guess you would know that

Please don't refund, I want you to stay
I'm begging you please, please don't leave us
I don't want you to hate for all the hurt that you feel
The game is just a dream trying to change you
Please don't go, I want you to pledge
I'm begging you please, oh please don't leave us
I don't want you to change
For all the hurt that you feel
This game is just a scam, always trying to change you

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
19th December

"LAUNCHED OF 3.0" should either be "LAUNCH" or "LAUNCH DATE"

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Rad Russian posted:

Steam is shutting down for good EOD Friday after CitizenCon presentation. Gabe Newell's press release states "We had a good run".

Fired up Battle.Net earlier to see the menu just list "Star Citizen" over and over. 'Tis the gaming rapture, and the savior Crobbits has come to spirit us away.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:shepspends:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

That looks oddly familiar :thunk:

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

They sold 387 of the new Jpgs at 750 cash only each in the last hour.

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

What the gently caress ---- $290,000 of sperg spending on internet spaceships in the last hour?

Crazy

and Sad.
They always have about 2,500 to 4,000 people who buy whatever new ship they sell, no matter the price.

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice
any of u guys pumped to play the new Mario game tomorrow

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
$750 warbond LTI
2,000 of them

Be the first to get your hands on Consolidated Outland’s exciting new Pioneer mobile construction ship. Whether you’re looking to build a home away from home or strike out to claim an untouched world, the Pioneer will not only get you there, it’ll make your dreams a reality.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Bloody hell, it's Big Red's shortbus cousin.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

BloodyScab posted:

make your dreams a reality.

They're not even hiding the scam anymore.

Harbinger73
Apr 22, 2016

G0RF posted:

Corrections always welcomed (and seemingly always needed.)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/65tEVuz.gifv

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Arched for retards, nice

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

All this and more coming in Star Citizen Alpha 4.0, due December 2017

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

hot balls man no homo posted:

I think the greater than symbol should be a less than symbol in the number of star systems

Thank you — I screwed that up last time and forgot to fix.

Corrected!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Slight resemblance to Rob Cunningham's Homeworld concept art

Homeworld 2 Concept Art by Rob Cunningham:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

hot balls man no homo posted:

I think the greater than symbol should be a less than symbol in the number of star systems

yup yup

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

On it - thankya!

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Absolutely. It's either Vagyr or Gaalsien. I'd go Vagyr because it's conducted the ultimate heresy of being in space.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

Who homaged Chris Foss with the bold stripeage.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

G0RF posted:

This is an overdue update to the 3.0 Progress Infographic. As always, distribute freely if so motivated. Corrections always welcomed (and seemingly always needed.) If events on the show floor reveal surprises that need to be accounted for, they will of course be added.

This is really cool. Small nitpicky things:

- On the timeline, the "3.0 A NO-GO" entry says "Launched of 3.0 missed" rather than "Launch of 3.0 missed"
- On the timeline, the entry for Citizencon 2016 is labelled "Citizencon 2017"
- It's a bit weird that in the left side of the timeline it says "Gamescom 2016" and "Citizencon 2017" but on the right side it's "Gamescom '17" and "Citizencon '17", seems inconsistent
- The document kind of gives off the impression that Star Citizen is delayed, which is of course not the case. It should be clearer about the fact that development of the game started December 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

big nipples big life posted:

2 sides of the same coin except Chris steals money from nerds and Derek doxxes people that work on a video game and tries to ruin their their lives.

But they're already working at CIG?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Gorf that infographic is a *brilliant* piece of work. At first I thought the 75% indicated '75% of what was promised' but it's actually a 75% REDUCTION of that stuff - mental.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Hav posted:

Who homaged Chris Foss with the bold stripeage.

ALWAYS homage Chris Foss.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

well done mr gorf

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

SomethingJones posted:

Gorf that infographic is a *brilliant* piece of work. At first I thought the 75% indicated '75% of what was promised' but it's actually a 75% REDUCTION of that stuff - mental.

I had the same initial reaction. Perhaps emphasizing "Reduction" using a different color and/or bold would help?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

- no ball pit

People still get given an extra hour in the ball pit. But only for fresh cash, no store credit.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

his nibs posted:

Star Citizen: Vice Farce Over Internet Protocol

Star Citizen brings you POIP - Parp over Internet Protocol.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jesus Christ, citizens have spent $300,000 on a picture of a Homeworld ripoff aimed at probably-impossible game mechanics, due out sometime in the distant future.

I know this has been happening every three months for the last five years but for gently caress's sake, have a little dignity you assholes.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus Christ, citizens have spent $300,000 on a picture of a Homeworld ripoff aimed at probably-impossible game mechanics, due out sometime in the distant future.

I know this has been happening every three months for the last five years but for gently caress's sake, have a little dignity you assholes.

This is good for Star Citizen and everlasting thread comedy

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Golli posted:

I had the same initial reaction. Perhaps emphasizing "Reduction" using a different color and/or bold would help?

75% SCOPE REDUCTION

75% SCOPE REDUCTION

Hard to argue with that

100% hosed etc

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Fixed!

Thank you all for kind words and helpful feedback. I’d been meaning to update this for Gamescom but I’m rather glad I waited. As I was updating it, I found myself just struck anew by the absurdity of it all. Burndown itself — a weekly show dedicated to making excuses and pleading for patience as they engage in the seemingly insurmountable task of releasing a massively downsized, egregiously delayed Alpha patch (er pre-Alpha really but whatever) — it’s a lunacy of truly staggering proportions. However blase it seems in the continuum, however much the zealots feign its normalcy.

It’s just next level ludicrousness and I hope the chart is at least somewhat effective in distilling it, in empiricizing the farce that is this game’s production.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
With the onslaught of post that will be coming soon with the start of CitizenCon, I just want to remind everyone to rub your parents...

Wait. No, that's not right.

Call. Call your parents. That's it.

Oh, and one other thing:

Tane.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Beet Wagon posted:

Its over half a mill right now

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

This is really cool. Small nitpicky things:

- On the timeline, the "3.0 A NO-GO" entry says "Launched of 3.0 missed" rather than "Launch of 3.0 missed"
- On the timeline, the entry for Citizencon 2016 is labelled "Citizencon 2017"
- It's a bit weird that in the left side of the timeline it says "Gamescom 2016" and "Citizencon 2017" but on the right side it's "Gamescom '17" and "Citizencon '17", seems inconsistent
- The document kind of gives off the impression that Star Citizen is delayed, which is of course not the case. It should be clearer about the fact that development of the game started December 2016

I actually caught that inconsistency with year formatting on this last pass but not the Launched typo. Fixing now.

My 3.0 Alpha Progress Infographic is turning out appropriately bug ridden but thank you all for evocati testing it for me.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Double Agent posted:

With the onslaught of post that will be coming soon with the start of CitizenCon, I just want to remind everyone to rub your parents...

Wait. No, that's not right.

Call. Call your parents. That's it.

Oh, and one other thing:

Tane.

Interlinked.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

This is an overdue update to the 3.0 Progress Infographic. As always, distribute freely if so motivated. Corrections always welcomed (and seemingly always needed.) If events on the show floor reveal surprises that need to be accounted for, they will of course be added.

As for predictions, I still think a 3.0 only show is going to be salting wounds and reminding people of their frustrations with the above.

So as I stated a while back and as Beer just posted, I’m expected a surprise Squadron glimpse, despite CIG’s claims to the contrary... Not because Squadron is the solution to their big problems — particularly not their financial ones — but because it remains largely an untapped source of celebrity-infused hype. The goodwill reserves of Mark Hamill, the megawatt luminance of their prestige cast for older nerds (Oldman, Andersen, etc.), Squadron still has the potential to distract the aggrieved, to attract the uninformed, to boater the flagging confidence of the exhausted and to get media outlets parroting then again for a change. And of course it would consummate a long overdue promise from last fall.

So I predict a Squadron moment - even if it only points towards a year end BIG REVEAL. They have to change the narrative (above) in such a desperate, palpable way, and I think “Starring Luke Skywalker!” is just the Jedi mind trick they need.

(Plus with Sandi unexpectedly cut from American Satan, she really needs a break. A little shared screentime with a familiar face might be just the update she needs to give her show reel some heat...)

that left donut and sandworm marker on the timeline. so good

:jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BloodyScab posted:

Its over half a mill right now

Well, guess we get another couple months of laughs out of this. GG, CIG.