Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If you guys are adding people who say ‘Zenimax/Bethesda is bad’ to your ignore lists you may as well add me too.

He could believe in legal weed and equality for all and I'd still put him on ignore for acting like an irritating twat.

Cause that's what he's doing. He's not saying 'Bethesda is bad!' or 'Their games aren't good!'. He's just running in with some snarky quip in order to be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Criticising a game for being cutscene heavy doesn't make someone a Nazi or white supremacist, jesus Christ guys.

Sounds like something a Nazi would say.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Magmarashi posted:

He could believe in legal weed and equality for all and I'd still put him on ignore for acting like an irritating twat.

Cause that's what he's doing. He's not saying 'Bethesda is bad!' or 'Their games aren't good!'. He's just running in with some snarky quip in order to be annoying.

He is just shot posting and not even well. I am mixed on zenimax and Bethesda as devs but I like the as publishers. All of the stuff they publish has been great in the last year or so.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

King Vidiot posted:

I get that joke!

But we've already established that you can go back to previously-beat stages from a hub to kill more Nazis and Klansmen in repopulated areas. And what type of person wouldn't want to kill more Nazis and Klansmen?

Oh, you can choose and replay missions? That’s pretty neat... so if MP is out, what other modes are there? Is there like a co op horde mode or time attack mode, or something like in Doom where if you die once it’s over and you compete with other people to see how far you get?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think it had too many cutscenes but I do think it had too many down moments which were basically walking/talking cutscenes. I liked the idea of the base but it sometimes felt like too much downtime for when I just wanted to shoot a nazi.

I'd suggest playing old blood if that's the case.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

You get a game over for killing hitler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrlyjwgkLZk

It doesn’t look like he kills him, Blazkovicz just kicks Hitler and dies going for the gun to finish the job. I like how they made hitler loving bonkers tho.

Btw is there a reason you hate this game so much? Or are you like those people who hate the Patriots because of the rabid fans?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's because they're Nazis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im just gonna play it and ill report in tomorrow

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Literally haven't touched or really even thought about Wolfenstein since this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5VzYHEC0c

But I think I'll be getting this because the time is right. (and it looks fun)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
yeah if you're mad posting about Wolfenstein in the Wolfenstein thread you're a nazi, sorry.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The kill Hitler thing seems like engel's train interrogation. It's something you can do but it's suicidal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

yeah if you're mad posting about Wolfenstein in the Wolfenstein thread you're a nazi, sorry.

i think its less that and more the multiple probations for yelling about the jews

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to pick up laundry today and someone threw up some "KILL NAZIS" graffiti, which filled me with glee

So I feel pretty good about my life choices.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Uhhh could someone maybe answer my question? What other modes are there in this? I’m trying to look it up and I can’t seem to find any solid info...

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Uhhh could someone maybe answer my question? What other modes are there in this? I’m trying to look it up and I can’t seem to find any solid info...

It's just single-player. Like New Order was.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cool we have Nazis spoiling the game for others in this thread.
I thought SA was a safe haven from Nazis. :(

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

VolticSurge posted:

The Old Blood did have a score attack mode. But I haven't read anything about that so I guess New Colossus doesn't? Then again I only learned about the "replaying old areas" thing a few days ago so :shrug:

Ask again tomorrow and you'll probably know for sure :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

People should be able to criticize this game without being called Nazis, please let them.

But also people who come to a game's specific thread just to write zero-effort shitposts/spoilers over and over again without having played it can gently caress right off Nazis or not.

Unless it's Mass Effect: Andromeda or No Man's Sky or other poo poo like that but this isn't it.

Listen to these guidelines, thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deakul posted:

Cool we have Nazis spoiling the game for others in this thread.
I thought SA was a safe haven from Nazis. :(

lol you need to read something other than Games

Except you don't

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

People should be able to criticize this game without being called Nazis, please let them.

But also people who come to a game's specific thread just to write zero-effort shitposts/spoilers over and over again without having played it can gently caress right off Nazis or not.

Unless it's Mass Effect: Andromeda or No Man's Sky or other poo poo like that but this isn't it.

Listen to these guidelines, thanks.

Can I call the guy who's been probated multiple time for antisemitism a Nazi?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm already being spoiled on things and, I'm sorry guys, Wolfenstein 3: The New God seems to be confirmed?!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Oh... well is there gonna be Workshop support? Or something like that mission maker in Doom where you can design levels and challenges for other players?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh... well is there gonna be Workshop support? Or something like that mission maker in Doom where you can design levels and challenges for other players?

There are specific challenge versions of levels in the game my dude. It's part of the enigma codes you find. If you find them in the main game you can replay levels with different conditions / gear you've unlocked. They showed it off on one of the streams. there was a night version of Roswell with a ton of robots and stuff. There isn't a map maker like doom.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Can I call the guy who's been probated multiple time for antisemitism a Nazi?
If that somebody's spouting pro-Nazi opinions or is being outraged by the game letting you kill Nazis then report him. I don't really care for digging in a posting history if it doesn't directly spill into the thread. However, there's always a probation waiting for somebody who's being just an annoying shithead.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yep, those are all in there. Multiplayer is a hidden unlockable.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

So I'm already being spoiled on things and, I'm sorry guys, Wolfenstein 3: The New God seems to be confirmed?!

I assume so the devs said it’s a trilogy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

If that somebody's spouting pro-Nazi opinions or is being outraged by the game letting you kill Nazis then report him. I don't really care for digging in a posting history if it doesn't directly spill into the thread. However, there's always a probation waiting for somebody who's being just an annoying shithead.

He isn’t even doing criticism. It’s just bad chan level poo poo posting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the right thing to do is just skip on over the post

its just Lumpy being silly and making a joke or two I think

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Jesus Christ you fragile nerds

Inhale.

Count to four.

Exhale.

Count to four.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

What if I told you the game has log files where you read about sad starving Nazis who are terrified of BJ and just want to see their children again? :colbert:

The answer is you still shoot them in the face.

The fear makes killing them more satisfying. You'd better be afraid, you Nazi fucks. It's Terror-Billy, not Hugs-and-Kisses-Billy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

The fear makes killing them more satisfying. You'd better be afraid, you Nazi fucks. It's Terror-Billy, not Hugs-and-Kisses-Billy

same. also i like that the nazis have kids and families, its realistic. and because maybe the children will think twice about becoming nazis.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. also i like that the nazis have kids and families, its realistic. and because maybe the children will think twice about becoming nazis.

in post-war germany, they were actually killing their parents, for being nazis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not saying get the DLC now, obviously wait for now, but some of it sounds pretty cool

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/27/16045048/wolfenstein-2-dlc-season-pass-pre-order

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe: As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
The Diaries of Agent Silent Death: As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins: As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

eonwe posted:

im not saying get the DLC now, obviously wait for now, but some of it sounds pretty cool

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/27/16045048/wolfenstein-2-dlc-season-pass-pre-order

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe: As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
The Diaries of Agent Silent Death: As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins: As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!
There's also an episode zero DLC thing coming in a week or so, included in the DLC pack or free to pre-orders.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Is this game going to be good? I feel like this game is going to be good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

eonwe posted:

I think the right thing to do is just skip on over the post

its just Lumpy being silly and making a joke or two I think

I do not joke when I ask, what incentive does one have to shell out sixty dollars to Bethesda for a game with the length and content variety of a decent scale Half-Life 2 mod, and not just redbox it instead or get it when it’s $5 in a Humble Bundle a year from now or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I do not joke when I ask, what incentive does one have to shell out sixty dollars to Bethesda for a game with the length and content variety of a decent scale Half-Life 2 mod, and not just redbox it instead or get it when it’s $5 in a Humble Bundle a year from now or something.

I just think its gonna be fun and i love wolfenstein, personally

just kinda depends on how invested you are into a series i guess

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

eonwe posted:

Like I wonder what these imply storywise.

The point of the game is restarting the war, these seem to imply at the end of New Colossus there is a new army out there also murdering Nazis alongside BJ.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Who gives a gently caress. Buy or avoid whatever you want for whatever reason you want. Nobody can justify your choice for you, and no one has to justify theirs to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Comparing any game made by a large developer in 2017 to a half life 2 mod... Now I know you're trolling.

Also you'd have to have brain damage to not get it from one of the various sites offering a 5% to 20% discount on the game, rather than shelling out $60 to steam.