Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Is this like when people claim that someone is underrated even though a large number of people claim the same thing? Aldridge gets heat but also gets a fair amount of praise here too despite him admitting he was half-assing things last year so I don't think collective hate is the right classification

I think he meant hate collective as in the group of people who hate him, not that everyone does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

*Free Throw Line sold separately
my man

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Is this like when people claim that someone is underrated even though a large number of people claim the same thing? Aldridge gets heat but also gets a fair amount of praise here too despite him admitting he was half-assing things last year so I don't think collective hate is the right classification

I meant a hate collective (noun), not collective hate, but either way I find so much joy in such a talented player getting such a bad rap for being a worthless bum, justified or not, which seems like it's unique in the NBA. Lowry has an issue with sucking in big games, too, but he's not a big, vaguely dumb-looking oaf like LMA, so he doesn't get as much poo poo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
who are the all time athletes who get way more poo poo cause they have dopey looking faces

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

*Free Throw Line sold separately

Yeah, no poo poo. Maybe it's just sample size, and you don't need to be a 80-90% guy, but he's at Dwight levels right now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/923562363923472385
Simmons good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's way more work than I thought it would be https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/923628007151034368?s=09

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Metapod posted:

That's way more work than I thought it would be https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/923628007151034368?s=09

In case you're wondering about "need to tell someone," I don't thing this has been posted

https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/923582342198976513

what an idiot

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
MECCA court best court. Not even close.

Lockback posted:

Yeah, no poo poo. Maybe it's just sample size, and you don't need to be a 80-90% guy, but he's at Dwight levels right now.

He's at the point where defenders have a better chance of saving points by using the patent-pending Whack-A-Wigs™ system.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

who are the all time athletes who get way more poo poo cause they have dopey looking faces

T-Mac

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

He's always been bad at free throws for how often he gets to the line, it is my #1 complaint with him, and it's amplified because of how little he contributes outside of scoring (he is rebounding better this year at least).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bless kyries heart

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
So Kyrie wants a flat court. So what. Grow up

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

kyrie is a philosopher

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

lol

:smithicide:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

leftist heap posted:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

lmao, that pictures always makes me chuckle. but the guy's got two rings, so maybe the joke's on us :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

Ronaldo?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

He's always been bad at free throws for how often he gets to the line, it is my #1 complaint with him, and it's amplified because of how little he contributes outside of scoring (he is rebounding better this year at least).

76% isn't bad. It's better than most Lebron seasons, and its not unusual for guys to slowly tick up (usually not dramatic though). This season it's felt like you can predict a miss really easily, "Do the Wolves need a point here?"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

76% isn't bad. It's better than most Lebron seasons, and its not unusual for guys to slowly tick up (usually not dramatic though). This season it's felt like you can predict a miss really easily, "Do the Wolves need a point here?"

Anything below 80% is bad if the only thing you contribute is scoring :colbert:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
DSJ for ROTY.

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/923638173535576064

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ronaldinho?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

Anything below 80% is bad if the only thing you contribute is scoring :colbert:

A not well understood thing in fantasy basketball was how a high volume 70% FT shooter was worse for you than Ben Wallace

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Careful criticizing Kyrie's basketball autism, in case it's proven out like Kobe and that time he clanked shots all practice until he complained to the facilities people that the rim was 1/4 inch too low (it was)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

A not well understood thing in fantasy basketball was how a high volume 70% FT shooter was worse for you than Ben Wallace

A 70% shooter is averaging 1.4 points per possession used at the line (disregarding 3s and Technicals). An ORTG of 140 is pretty good regardless of the volume.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Who is that all the way to the left?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

A 70% shooter is averaging 1.4 points per possession used at the line (disregarding 3s and Technicals). An ORTG of 140 is pretty good regardless of the volume.

He's talking about fantasy basketball in particular, though.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

the mean lunch lady posted:

Who is that all the way to the left?

Donovan Mitchell (Jazz)

Check out Jarrett Allen way up there on defense, he's gonna be positive on O soon once he gets past the normal rookie fumbles :cool:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Which one? There's been like 3

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Tatum's defense has really surprised me and has passed my eye test, so I'm glad to see I'm not totally crazy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kibner posted:

He's talking about fantasy basketball in particular, though.

Oh poo poo, missed that. Reading comprehension has been crap lately.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool Buff Man posted:

Tatum's defense has really surprised me and has passed my eye test, so I'm glad to see I'm not totally crazy

I'm surprised it's that good tbh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The winning shot against the Cavs last night was a walk-up 3, well beyond the 3-point line. It's still amazing how casual and encouraged it is for players to just take those now.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-bulls-nikola-mirotic-future-20171025-story.html

Niko really loves the Bulls for some reason and Portis might have to be traded. Although I can't think of many teams who would want him

I can't imagine Portis has much trade value. Maybe a 2nd round pick the Bulls could later sell? Can always just release him if your thing is "building culture".

New Orleans needs some help up front so what about Portis for Asik's bad contract and a future lottery protected 1st?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

Careful criticizing Kyrie's basketball autism, in case it's proven out like Kobe and that time he clanked shots all practice until he complained to the facilities people that the rim was 1/4 inch too low (it was)

lol is this true

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

scuz posted:

The Bucks "return to the MECCA" is pretty neat

http://www.nba.com/bucks/mecca/

I might bandwagon them instead of the Wolves since no one but Jimmy and Taj want to play defense.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

morestuff posted:

I remember a lot of LEBRON HAS HIS PIPPEN NOW takes from around that time

lebron had his pippin inside him all along

not too shocked about the rest of the personnel being lackluster at the start.
lebron is the constant. we know he's going to be better than anyone. now it's time to gel these other old men into a machine of oil and grease

there's going to be like 6 rookies of the year lmao

Brolander fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 26, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Niwrad posted:

I might bandwagon them instead of the Wolves since no one but Jimmy and Taj want to play defense.

I would point out a bunch of us were saying they were going to be up and down the first quarter of the season as they make some pretty big adjustments. Teams going through this much shift usually don't come out of the gate looking fully baked. There shouldn't be too much surprise that they duke it out with OKC one night and then get rolled by the Pacers and Pistons back2back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I’m listening to the Ringer NBA show and holy poo poo is Chris Vernon a terrible host

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 26, 2017

• Locked thread