Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

October is Spooky Snype Month

Trying to summon the ghost of Rotor with this one :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Trying to summon the ghost of Rotor

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao how long have you had that saved since I posted it? :o:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

how big did the blu-ray market ever get, anyway? all i can remember is that until the very last gasp of music/movie stores - about five years ago by now i think - the number of dvds on offer was always far larger. i wonder if blu-ray would even be around anymore if it hadn't been for the ps3.

there was always going to be some demand for a physical HD format, something had to fill the niche

If there's a movie you really like, blu-ray remains the best way to own it. streaming is such a shitshow and it's only going to get worse

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

streaming is such a shitshow and it's only going to get worse

what do you mean? im loving all of the subscription options on amazon where if i want to watch evil dead/army of darkness i need three additional subscriptions
like, this is way better than cable was

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

there was always going to be some demand for a physical HD format, something had to fill the niche

If there's a movie you really like, blu-ray remains the best way to own it. streaming is such a shitshow and it's only going to get worse

plus there's a whole lot of places (like canada) where content selection on streaming services is really poor

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

just stream from your media server, duh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the poo poo i torrent is much higher quality than streamed

if the source was proper HD or whatever. not like a WEb-DL version which is always a bit avg

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao how long have you had that saved since I posted it? :o:

probably since you poasted it. i have a yospos page in my notes for all the sundry memes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

probably since you poasted it. i have a yospos page in my notes for all the sundry memes

I bet you don't have the one with the dancing spurdos.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bet you don't have the one with the dancing spurdos.

are you serious? i poasted it the other day

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

are you serious? i poasted it the other day

I bamboozled you; I just wanted to see it again!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxx4DDSG_lk

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
i have a big tv and a decent surround setup so i;m the idiot that still buys blurays because gently caress compression and gently caress lovely sound

note to all the finishing colorists out there, this is what your power windows look like on netflix in hq

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Unless you are downloading 25+ GB bluray ISOs, there's still a drastically noticeable visual benefit in watching physical blurays compared to pirating. Sometimes I just want to put a fuckin' movie in and not worry "oh is plex gonna poo poo the bed tonight? or will my wifi crap out? oh gently caress my media server is downloading something right now using all the bandwidth and the cpu is busy processing the extraction. just a second honey while i load up remote desktop on my phone and pause all this bullshit so the movie will play".

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

polyester concept posted:

Unless you are downloading 25+ GB bluray ISOs, there's still a drastically noticeable visual benefit in watching physical blurays compared to pirating. Sometimes I just want to put a fuckin' movie in and not worry "oh is plex gonna poo poo the bed tonight? or will my wifi crap out? oh gently caress my media server is downloading something right now using all the bandwidth and the cpu is busy processing the extraction. just a second honey while i load up remote desktop on my phone and pause all this bullshit so the movie will play".

Sorry 'bout your poo poo infrastructure, bro.

Maybe you should fix it instead of buying Blu-rays?

:shrug:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I'm at the soviet architecture building.

I'm at the KFC.

I'm at the combination soviet architecture building and KFC.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i <3 cloud-to-butt

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lomarf

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

snorting blow

nice

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkUZur1dQHA

I found this intro for some low budget star trek/wars/flash gordon knock off from the 1970's and it looks pretty dang magical

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

beta as gently caress

upgrade your router and your internet plan and your cheap rear end computer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Lobe posted:

I found this intro for some low budget star trek/wars/flash gordon knock off from the 1970's and it looks pretty dang magical

it sure seems like a lot of stuff i used to watch said "filmation" on it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
i used to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ufw2YdGJsw

also dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

look out here comes my reformation

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

so does this take place in the same setting as "jason of star command" or did they just reuse the set to save money

anyway the one space show i watched when i was wee was starcom but i won't link any video to that since it's kinda anime i guess

pram
Jun 10, 2001

looks like poo poo. also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0JBFlof90

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sombrerotron posted:

so does this take place in the same setting as "jason of star command" or did they just reuse the set to save money

"Hidden away on the same base as Space Academy, Jason and his various partners (Nicole, Parsafoot and Samantha) and his pocket-sized robot, Wiki work as agents for Star Command, a secret organization whose mission is to combat evil. Dragos, Jason's main adversary, intends to rule the galaxy and it is up to Jason and the Star Command gang to stop him."

Yes and yes I suspect.

Also hurrah for Jason being a Culture-style polygamist fuckman

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

look out here comes my reformation

nailing his 99 feces to the door

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

lol that's the "do you have any grey poupon?" guy

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6WADh8vk3A

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Praise the Lord (and anime)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

peepo huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkymWuM9_us

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/NekoCase/status/923667285331492864

Adbot