Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, we need a revolution badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

God I just want to play this mod and bask in an alternate universe where things only go moderately bad for Al Andulas :stare:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 26, 2017

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Going into Vicky as the sick man of Europe would certainly be a kinda novel start.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

We couldn't even hold on to just Mexico as long as Spain did OTL

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
We really need an alliance with Provence.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That was a really sad update :(

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
A bit late, but it's time for a policy session! Nothing new, but remember that there's still a 2 directive limit on each policy.

Policy Session

For more information on policies, available buildings and diplomatic actions, click here, and scroll beneath the chapter list.

Policy Restrictions

The New Taifas can submit two policies, the Andalusi Diwan one, the League of Merchants one and the Reformed Ulema one.

The New Taifas are the dominant faction, so they will have no restrictions to their policies, except for those that apply to other factions.

The Andalusi Diwan are the second-largest faction and is very nearly as powerful as the Taifas, so whilst conquest wars are still completely allowed, there may be a push for early peaces and shorter wars. There will be some unrest, but any rebellions should be small and easily manageable.

The League of Merchants are the second-smallest faction, so colonial wars and colonisation is no longer possible, through policies or otherwise (coalitions are possible).

The Reformed Ulema are the smallest faction, so there will be no province conversion, through policies or otherwise (coalitions are possible). There may be an increase in Sunni rebellion as well, since they’ll see the clergy as weak enough to revolt.

No policies can include the moving of the current capital, Cádiz.

No policies can have more than two directives.

Coalitions

So what are coalitions?

Basically a way for smaller factions to band together and force issues through the Majlis. A coalition works when two factions agree to submit a single policy. So, for example, say the Merchants submit a policy to colonise a certain region, and a bunch of Ulema agree to use their votes to support it. If that policy gains the most votes from both the Merchants and the Ulema, then it will be passed.

There are no restrictions on coalition policies, no matter what faction is in power, but the largest faction will still take precedence. Also, the Ruling Faction cannot form any coalitions at all.

Buildings

ALL buildings are now unlocked! Most of the buildings we’ve got currently constructed are obsolete though, with the notable exception of our two forts on the French border (which are up level 8, the maximum).

For more information on available buildings and their effects, click here.

State of Affairs

Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Ruling Faction: n/a
Permitted Factions: The New Taifas, the League of Merchants, the Reformed Ulema, the Andalusi Diwan
Rivals: France, Morocco, Celtic Empire
Alliances: Bavaria
Subjects: none
Other Pacts:
Diplomatic slots: 1/5
Treasury: 141 gold (6695 in debt)
Current net income: -40 gold/month

---

With that done, the floor is now open for policies. Here are the icon links:

code:

New Taifas: [img]https://lpix.org/2786920/Taifas.png[/img]

League of Merchants: [img]https://lpix.org/2786922/Merchants.png[/img]

Reformed Ulema: [img]https://lpix.org/2885768/newulema.png[/img]

Andalusi Diwan: [img]https://lpix.org/2949681/diwan.png[/img]

If you want anything specific from the game, let me know and I'll give it a look.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Can we get a world map?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

I propose the Andalusi Reconstruction Act!

We are to, in no specific order:
  • Secure an Alliance with a great power in order to stave of any hostility and aggression from Morocco and France in this time of strife.
  • Do our best to pay off our rampaging debts before they take us out first.
Once these both are done I am sure there are other things we need to be doing in terms of other Acts and Propositions.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luhood posted:

I propose the Andalusi Reconstruction Act!

We are to, in no specific order:
  • Secure an Alliance with a great power in order to stave of any hostility and aggression from Morocco and France in this time of strife.
Once these both are done I am sure there are other things we need to be doing in terms of other Acts and Propositions.

Supporting

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The time has long passed for such half measures. Al-Andalus was betrayed during this war, not just by Hishami dogs or the Archduke of Sausage, but by our own Sultan! In a fit of pique and madness, he murdered our Grand Vizier, in the middle of a war! His position inspires every mad pretender and their mercenary legions! No more! The Majlis made a mistake with al-Muhsin, in accepting any Jizrunid to take the throne! I say no more! I propose:

The Deposition and Reorganization Act

1. Depose and arrest Sultan Ali as a traitor.

2. Institute the direct rule of the Majlis over Al-Andalus. (as a Noble Republic or something, this is still debatable).

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I propose the gently caress It, Take More Loans Act.

After losing our piggy banks colonies, we are in serious need of more gold stuff, a new navy, new buildings, and a new Grand Vizier with a head on his shoulders. Sadly, we are going to have to let some debts go into default... and well, take some more with some dubious awesome merchants. I mean, we are going to need more money just to have a revolution functional government.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hit the Books Act

All tech types must be advanced as far as they can possibly go, barring ruinous expense.

All Majlis entertainment and recreation budgets are to be reduced by 4/5ths.

No tequila, no partying.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

gently caress. Can we just have a revolution now?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So much for the Andalusi golden age. More like age of disaster.

I would very much like a proper revolution or republic now. It's time to remove those disgusting powerhungry so-called 'noble' pigs from any position of influence.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 26, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

paragon1 posted:

Hit the Books Act

All tech types must be advanced as far as they can possibly go, barring ruinous expense.

No tequila, no partying.

Supporting this.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Proposing the Defense in Depth act, to upgrade all our forts to the highest level as soon as possible starting with those closest to our coastal borders. If possible, we should also have forts in every state at the least.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Crazycryodude posted:

gently caress. Can we just have a revolution now?

I get the feeling we're Muslim Great Britain tbh, so the next step is to pivot the empire to Asia and focus on industrialization (we had some proto-industrialization event fire, didn't we?).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Soup du Jour posted:

Proposing the Defense in Depth act, to upgrade all our forts to the highest level as soon as possible starting with those closest to our coastal borders. If possible, we should also have forts in every state at the least.

Supporting

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Iirc are we not the SECOND to lose our colonies, or is it that the East Coast is the English Government in Exile (I read too many pdx threads)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Muslim Great Britain but without the navy or the homogenous population or the natural resources or the geographic isolation or the global empire or the 200 years of internal peace to do what Real Great Britain did. We're really just kinda hosed.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Muslim Great Britain but without the navy or the homogenous population or the natural resources or the geographic isolation or the 200 years of internal peace to do what Real Great Britain did. We're really just kinda hosed.

And also annual gangbangs by the actual Great Powers

Support my bill, maybe kickstarting civil war will inspire some revolutionaries

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Friends, though I will not endorse their proposals openly, those calling for revolution are wise to see that we have a choice before us: innovate or die. We cannot continue digging ourselves deeper into the same hole and expecting it to turn out fine; we must take this opportunity to truly realign our goals and right this wayward ship we call a sultanate.

I do not say this lightly; with the loss of our Gharbian empire, I, and indeed the entire Makshi family, have lost a fortune - no doubt the same is true for many of you. But Sevilla remains the gateway to Mediterranean trade, and Andalusia remains a golden land - should we succumb to hopelessness when we still have so much left to fight for?!

To this end, I propose the Administrative and Economic Restructure Act, or, if you prefer something more poetic, the Midas' Plea Policy. It goes as follows:

1) Reform the economy to incorporate new ideas such as free markets and centralized banking. By doing so we may stabilize inflation and increase revenue.
2) Enact austerity policies with regards to construction, the military, and any other drains on the economy. Especially forts, of which we surely have plenty in strategic areas - sufficient troops not so much.

One last note, less a proposal - as it doesn't fall within the purview of this policy - and more a suggestion: If and when our military recovers, I recommend creating both a primary defensive force and a secondary force for conquering weak powers near our colonies. That way we don't have to constantly ferry them around.

Gentlemen, the future of this country is as ceramic thrust straight from the kiln and into your hands. Accept it though it may pain you, or let it fall to the ground and shatter.

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 26, 2017

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)

paragon1 posted:

Hit the Books Act

No tequila, no partying.

I support this proposal.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Restoration of Order Act
1. All loans must be paid off before any buildings are to be built
2. Once the loans are paid off Town Halls must be built in the states with the highest maintenance and most autonomy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Talas posted:

After losing our piggy banks colonies, we are in serious need of more gold stuff, a new navy, new buildings, and a new Grand Vizier with a head on his shoulders. Sadly, we are going to have to let some debts go into default... and well, take some more with some dubious awesome merchants. I mean, we are going to need more money just to have a revolution functional government.

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world

Support this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Can a non-great power even be the target of the revolution?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The time has long passed for such half measures. Al-Andalus was betrayed during this war, not just by Hishami dogs or the Archduke of Sausage, but by our own Sultan! In a fit of pique and madness, he murdered our Grand Vizier, in the middle of a war! His position inspires every mad pretender and their mercenary legions! No more! The Majlis made a mistake with al-Muhsin, in accepting any Jizrunid to take the throne! I say no more! I propose:

2. Institute the direct rule of the Majlis over Al-Andalus. (as a Noble Republic or something, this is still debatable).

This is going to gently caress us up, but you know what? Same.

Supporting.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

WilliamAnderson posted:

Can a non-great power even be the target of the revolution?

Yep, as long as you've got your capital in Europe, have negative stability, and have at least 30 provinces you can be the home of the Revolution.

So if we want to spread glorious Revolution, we should tank our stability and get a bunch of loans/go bankrupt. Which honestly seems way more easy and fun than trying to legislate ourselves out of this same goddamn hole we've been in for 200 years.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 26, 2017

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

mcclay posted:

Restoration of Order Act
2. Once the loans are paid off Town Halls must be built in the states with the highest maintenance and most autonomy.

Agreed.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

if we're going to fall apart, i'd rather go out with a bang, swathed in jewels and fineries ancien régime-style than slowly decay like spain or the ottomans

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah if we wanted to run this right we'd need to have been all aggressive all the time, so Operation gently caress The World might be our only option.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Talas posted:

These wouldn't usually be allowed (because it ordinarily makes no sense to purposely tank your country), but I'll allow them for now because Al Andalus is in a very weak and precarious position, and I'd like to know how much of the Majlis is with or against the sultan (since, you know, he's kinda mad). These next few years are going to be critical.

Also, if AJImpy is still set on converting back to Sunni Islam, he's now free to put it up as a policy again. That'll be useful in gauging how much of the Majlis are actually crypto-Sunnis.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 26, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Early policies:

Luhood posted:

I propose the Andalusi Reconstruction Act! We are to, in no specific order:

Luhood, RZApublican.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Lord Cyrahzax, Frionnel.

Soup du Jour posted:

Soup du Jour, GunnerJ.

Talas posted:

Talas, QuoProQuid.

MaxieSatan posted:

Friends, though I will not endorse their proposals openly, those calling for revolution are wise to see that we have a choice before us: innovate or die. We cannot continue digging ourselves deeper into the same hole and expecting it to turn out fine; we must take this opportunity to truly realign our goals and right this wayward ship we call a sultanate.

I do not say this lightly; with the loss of our Gharbian empire, I, and indeed the entire Makshi family, have lost a fortune - no doubt the same is true for many of you. But Sevilla remains the gateway to Mediterranean trade, and Andalusia remains a golden land - should we succumb to hopelessness when we still have so much left to fight for?!

To this end, I propose the Administrative and Economic Restructure Act, or, if you prefer something more poetic, the Midas' Plea Policy. It goes as follows:

1) Reform the economy to incorporate new ideas such as free markets and centralized banking. By doing so we may stabilize inflation and increase revenue.
2) Enact austerity policies with regards to construction, the military, and any other drains on the economy. Especially forts, of which we surely have plenty in strategic areas - sufficient troops not so much.

Gentlemen, the future of this country is as ceramic thrust straight from the kiln and into your hands. Accept it though it may pain you, or let it fall to the ground and shatter.

MaxieSatan.

none yet.

paragon1 posted:

Hit the Books Act

No tequila, no partying.

paragon1, Pakled, Danny Glands.

mcclay posted:

Restoration of Order Act

mcclay, Jeoh.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

These wouldn't usually be allowed (because it ordinarily makes no sense to purposely tank your country), but I'll allow them for now because Al Andalus is in a very weak and precarious position, and I'd like to know how much of the Majlis is with or against the sultan (since, you know, he's kinda mad). These next few years are going to be critical.

Also, if AJImpy is still set on converting back to Sunni Islam, he's now free to put it up as a policy again. That'll be useful in gauging how much of the Majlis are actually crypto-Sunnis.

Guys, we can do it now, let's rev up the revolution!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

I propose the Godless Heathens Act

1. The Ulema will be disbanded at the next session of the Majils.

2. Mosques and religiously affiliated buildings will be sold off first in the event we need to for payment of our debts. No new religious buildings may be constructed.

You throw away the Word of Allah, then his followers will no longer support this realm. Let's see how much worse you do without even the presence of his followers.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Agreed, let's tank this poo poo into the ground and hopefully get the Revolution to fire.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Talas posted:

Ah hell yeah, always a price motherpluckers!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Backing my boy the heart ripper by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Guys, if we have a revolution now it's going to be harder to become Communist later