Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah you have to hide whisper away somewhere for a turn or two. The only thing that really scares me is Fenn who will just evade everything Rac throws at him.

Any token-stacking ace has a really good chance of evading anything RAC can throw at them, especially if they have autothrusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyonero posted:

These guys have been pretty quick to update their site in the past: https://citrus7workshop.wordpress.com/errata/

quote:

Last update: May 5. 2017

To be fair, that was probably the last FAQ anyway. This is great though; pretty sure I still have some full size sticker paper at home.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah you have to hide whisper away somewhere for a turn or two. The only thing that really scares me is Fenn who will just evade everything Rac throws at him.

Also imperial aces have a very good chance of not taking a lot of damage from RAC.

Irony of ironies, I have the most trouble with fellow Imperials when I run my Raclo QD.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Z the IVth posted:

Also imperial aces have a very good chance of not taking a lot of damage from RAC.

Irony of ironies, I have the most trouble with fellow Imperials when I run my Raclo QD.

I love going up against Decimators with my interceptors. Funniest time ever was when the first hull damage I dealt one was the critical that has all subsequent damage cards played face-up....

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Z the IVth posted:

If interceptors come back in force i just go back to vader/gunner instead of kylo/palp and kill them turn 2 anyway. Defenders i dont care because whisper out PSs the good ones anyway even without VI. Tie/SFs cant token stack.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I use https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/ for builder squads as it gets updated pretty quickly and runs great. However, you can't print your list out with actual cards represented.

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build lets you print using cards but it hasn't been updated with the latest (mostly Unguided Rockets and Bomblet Generator).

Is there perhaps a 3rd option that has all the cards or do I have to resport to pasting cards into Paint?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I use https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/ for builder squads as it gets updated pretty quickly and runs great. However, you can't print your list out with actual cards represented.

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build lets you print using cards but it hasn't been updated with the latest (mostly Unguided Rockets and Bomblet Generator).

Is there perhaps a 3rd option that has all the cards or do I have to resport to pasting cards into Paint?

http://x-wing.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

Fab's does it.
Android app X-Wing Squadron Builder does it too.

My favorite is Geordan's though. Just print out the full one with the text of the cards, put it down on the table and put shield tokens/munitions tokens on the spaces as needed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

http://x-wing.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

Fab's does it.
Android app X-Wing Squadron Builder does it too.

My favorite is Geordan's though. Just print out the full one with the text of the cards, put it down on the table and put shield tokens/munitions tokens on the spaces as needed.

Fab's takes so long to do and I couldn't find an option to print with the cards themselves. I'll just roll with Unguided Rockets and Bomblet Generator as text only, for now.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

I've been testing this as my next "serious business" list, and it's pretty solid so far.

Fenn Rau (PTL/Title/Autothrusters)
Thweek (Both titles, FCS, Autothrusters)
Trandoshan Slaver (Dengar, 4-LOM, Boba Fett)

In general, Thweek with both titles, autothrusters, and your choice of FCS or Advanced Sensors is gonna be really good. FCS is better for consistent damage, and Adv Sensors makes him a premier-level arc dodger with that funky barrel roll.

Cool, I came up with exactly the same list except with tactician on the slaver instead of 4lom and boba. I did well with Fenn, Ndru, Bossk at the last regional, and I've always liked the archetype. Don't like that it's a 2 point bid though. I also think that maybe putting Latts crew on the slaver could be very strong as it's usually the target of priority (correctly).

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Help me Obi-Wan X-Wing Goons, you're my only hope!

My local store is having a Meta-Scrambler tournament that bans the top 20 upgrade and pilot cards used in tournaments in the last 3 months. So no Nym, Miranda, Dengar, TLTs, bomblets, Genius, etc. I can post the whole list if needed.

What would you guys fly? I'm figuring triple aces, maybe Emperor/Kylo Aces but RAC is a banned pilot. I've had some success with this list. Soontir could be a problem though if I can't block or lock him down with Carnor.

Carnor Jax — TIE Interceptor
Push the Limit
Stealth Device
Shield Upgrade
Royal Guard TIE

Countess Ryad — TIE Defender
Juke
TIE/x7

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter
Push the Limit
Comm Relay
Stealth Device

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Are you set on Imperial? Resistance Sympathizer with HotCop and Rey is ludicrously efficient for what it does. I like running it next to two low-skill T-70s with Sensor Cluster and a 1 point droid/Integrated. Raw Rebel Efficiency. Tanky as gently caress, and I feel like it's going to do pretty well against the ace meta that's about to reign supreme.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Post the banned list, my dude.
Omega Leader with Juke is probably going to be better for you than Omega Ace

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Settled on running this at a tourney this weekend. FAQ isn't in effect, but want to get a few games in under the new rules. Putting the missiles on Jostero should be the right call with the point reduction which lets me squeeze in vectored thrusters for some repositioning ability. Also a good roll with harpoon missiles will mean Jos has a TL for the followup shot.

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Captain Jostero (24)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability -1 (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

I’m terrible at tournaments. I’ve also won two or three.

I’ve been runner up more times than I can count.

Won my game tonight against RAC/Vader. Luckily, he had Adaptability on his Vader. Unluckily, my rock and arc dodging skills have atrophied horribly. Twice, I had a great shot lined up on his Vader with mine, only to roll myself out of arc of both of us instead of just him. Vader hit two rocks, one of which was completely unnecessary.

Bomblet Generator though, that thing put at least six damage on the Decimator. Inquisitor was the only one not to go on a rock but was also the first one to be focused down. I managed to block the Decimator into the corner after killing his Vader, died to my own bomb, and RAC went off the board.

I looked at Interceptors but you can't get Soontir without sacrifices, and I don't know that Carnor is going to pull his weight over Inqy. AT, SD, Title and PtL.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

canyoneer posted:

Post the banned list, my dude.
Omega Leader with Juke is probably going to be better for you than Omega Ace

Pilots:
* Miranda Doni
* Lowhhrick
* Biggs Darklighter
* Contracted Scout
* Captain Nym (Rebel)
* Captain Nym (Scum)
* Dengar
* Jess Pava
* Captain Rex
* Fenn Rau
* Dash Rendar
* "Quickdraw"
* Asajj Ventress
* "Zeb" Orrelios (Attack Shuttle)
* Darth Vader
* Kanan Jarrus
* Rey
* Colonel Vessery
* Norra Wexley
* Rear Admiral Chiraneau

Upgrades:
* Bomblet Generator
* "Genius"
* Havoc
* Twin Laser Turret
* Sabine Wren
* R4-D6
* Guidance Chips
* Rey
* Veteran Instincts
* Extra Munitions
* Plasma Torpedoes
* Attanni Mindlink
* Selflessness
* Cruise Missiles
* Long-Range Scanners
* Punishing One
* Autoblaster Turret
* Integrated Astromech
* Draw Their Fire
* Accuracy Corrector

As you can see, a lot of stuff is off the table. I like Imperial but that's cause those are most of the ships I own (Imperial Veterans/Aces, TIE f/o fighter, Blue Core Set, Slave I, YT-1300, Rebel Transport). I'm trying to make something workable for the tournament without buying more but I'm open to suggestions. I thought this list is kinda funny for tossing out target locks for Vessery. It's just tough to de-stress Vessery without TIE Mk. II.

Colonel Vessery
Push The Limit
Ion Cannon
TIE/D

"Omega Leader"
Juke
Comm Relay

Tomax Bren
Crack Shot
Weapons Engineer
Stealth Device
TIE Shuttle

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
And vessery being a banned pilot doesn't help...

TIE Interceptor: •Soontir Fel (35)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push the Limit (3)

TIE/FO Fighter: •"Omega Leader" (26)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

TIE Defender: •Countess Ryad (36)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
Push the Limit (3)

Total: 97/100

You could swap out Ryad for Inq with prockets, then put stealth device or hull on OL.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 27, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
lol they banned Integrated Astromech, that has to be entirely out of spite. You might as well ban the T-65 and T-70 as ships.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
^^ Settle down Strobe, it's just banning the most used upgrades, you can thank Biggs and Jess for IA being on the list.

Raged posted:

Settled on running this at a tourney this weekend. FAQ isn't in effect, but want to get a few games in under the new rules. Putting the missiles on Jostero should be the right call with the point reduction which lets me squeeze in vectored thrusters for some repositioning ability. Also a good roll with harpoon missiles will mean Jos has a TL for the followup shot.

Captain Jostero (24)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

I'd put deadeye on jostero to give him a better shot at launching the missile. You'll also be able to slow roll him at the back and not have to jump forwards for a lock.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

lol they banned Integrated Astromech, that has to be entirely out of spite. You might as well ban the T-65 and T-70 as ships.

Literally the only reason IA is going to be in a top 20 is because of top 20 pilots :psyduck:

That's not how you get people to run lower tier ships!

Edit: 2 out of those 20 pilots can use IA, meanwhile there are 300 other pilots that make use of it that would be perfect for this.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

hoiyes posted:

And vessery being a banned pilot doesn't help...

TIE Interceptor: •Soontir Fel (35)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Push the Limit (3)

TIE/FO Fighter: •"Omega Leader" (26)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

TIE Defender: •Countess Ryad (36)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
Push the Limit (3)

Total: 97/100

You could swap out Ryad for Inq with prockets, then put stealth device or hull on OL.

Welp, I'm dumb and glossed over Vessery being banned. Would Autothrusters be necessary with autoblaster and TLT banned?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I think you could safely expect a couple of Han and Chewie pilots, maybe even a Leebo. Decimators are still a strong choice, especially a Vader Gunner patrol leader (which is why I'd lean to Ryad over Inq). Probably won't see any secondary turrets though, outside the janky scurg synced turret with the reroll evade astro.

Even then AT are still great for just the Range 3 effect.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Cool, I came up with exactly the same list except with tactician on the slaver instead of 4lom and boba. I did well with Fenn, Ndru, Bossk at the last regional, and I've always liked the archetype. Don't like that it's a 2 point bid though. I also think that maybe putting Latts crew on the slaver could be very strong as it's usually the target of priority (correctly).

The 2-point bid practically ensures you can move last with Thweek against ace lists, which is really important, as ace builds are easily this list's main weakness.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Won my game tonight against RAC/Vader. Luckily, he had Adaptability on his Vader. Unluckily, my rock and arc dodging skills have atrophied horribly. Twice, I had a great shot lined up on his Vader with mine, only to roll myself out of arc of both of us instead of just him. Vader hit two rocks, one of which was completely unnecessary.

Bomblet Generator though, that thing put at least six damage on the Decimator. Inquisitor was the only one not to go on a rock but was also the first one to be focused down. I managed to block the Decimator into the corner after killing his Vader, died to my own bomb, and RAC went off the board.

I looked at Interceptors but you can't get Soontir without sacrifices, and I don't know that Carnor is going to pull his weight over Inqy. AT, SD, Title and PtL.

I assume you were running Vader/Inquisitor/Deathrain?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
To clarify, I don't think 2 points will be enough, not that it's wasted points. At least in my meta, 96 is a done deal, 97 is about 75% likely, 98 is a coin flip, and don't expect initiative with 99 or 100. I just don't see where to shave a point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

To clarify, I don't think 2 points will be enough, not that it's wasted points. At least in my meta, 96 is a done deal, 97 is about 75% likely, 98 is a coin flip, and don't expect initiative with 99 or 100. I just don't see where to shave a point.

That's nuts. People didn't often run at 96 points even when Palp aces were king.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

I assume you were running Vader/Inquisitor/Deathrain?

Yup.

TIE Advanced: •Darth Vader (35)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

TIE Adv. Prototype: •The Inquisitor (31)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)
Push the Limit (3)

TIE Punisher: •Deathrain (33)
Lightweight Frame (2)
•Bomblet Generator (3)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Collision detector (0)

Total: 99/100

I actually forgot about Collision Detector which would have helped me a couple times.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah it's fun. If people ignore Deathrain, she often ends up doing about half the damage of the entire list.

Also, bring debris and try to get people to fight you in it. If you dial in a green move, you can barrel roll onto it after dropping a bomb, then clear the stress with your actual move. You're immune to any possibility of damage.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raged posted:

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Captain Jostero (24)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability -1 (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

...why are you running Extra Munitions on Nym?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah it's fun. If people ignore Deathrain, she often ends up doing about half the damage of the entire list.

Also, bring debris and try to get people to fight you in it. If you dial in a green move, you can barrel roll onto it after dropping a bomb, then clear the stress with your actual move. You're immune to any possibility of damage.

:doh:

Debris makes way more sense.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

2 points of Boba Fett crew insurance

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm not gonna fly that triple T-70 list anymore. I keep getting crushed.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Some Numbers posted:

Because under the new FAQ you have to discard your bomb card when you use genius. So Em will give me some insurance.

hoiyes posted:

^^ Settle down Strobe, it's just banning the most used upgrades, you can thank Biggs and Jess for IA being on the list.

I'd put deadeye on jostero to give him a better shot at launching the missile. You'll also be able to slow roll him at the back and not have to jump forwards for a lock.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Going to try it with and without tonight at the shop.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Someone who's got a Scurrg, what size is the Bomblet token? Is it the same size as a Seismic Charge token?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Some Numbers posted:

Someone who's got a Scurrg, what size is the Bomblet token? Is it the same size as a Seismic Charge token?

Exact same size.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

IronSaber posted:

Exact same size.

Perfect. Proxy time. :getin:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ran my Nym, Jostero, Scout post FAQ list and wow did it work like a charm. Game one was against an A-Wing swarm of all things. Harpoon missiles are sick against anything in a formation. Missle hit and guidance chips pushed the crit through which caused one damage to all the other A-Wings. However, the original missile damage also killed the original A-Wing this caused all the other A-Wings to take the second damage from the ship death (Our regular TO was there and confirmed that they would take both). Then all of that triggered Jostero who pumped two damage into a now unshielded A-wing.

12 damage from one ship in one turn.

Had another game and just the combo or Nym's bombs and the Jump with APL and Feedback made sure Jostero was triggering every round of combat. Vectored thrusters helped me arc dodge tons of potential shots when people gunned for him.

I think I'm in love.

Think I need to get the house Greyjoy sigil painted on my J5K. What is dead may never die!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
You played harpoon all wrong imo.

The harpoon attack itself cannot trigger the condition card because the condition is only applied after the attack resolves.

Then you can't apply both critical hit effect and destroyed effect as the on hit effect would be completely resolved (and discard the condition) before the destruction condition even triggers.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Discussion time!

Which ship do you hate flying against the most? I cannot stand the Shadowcaster and Ketsu in particular. Removing player agency for basically free is not fun.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Not a ship, but any list with Sabine crew can suck a turd. Any card with auto-damage, no range restriction, and can affect any ship , just just the she's on is a badly designed card and the fact that it wasn't touched in the last FAQ kind of shows that the designers have no idea what they are doing half the time.

As far as ships go, I find the Azituck annoying to fly against, but even its not too bad. There's a guy locally who flies 4 Azitucks and its the worst.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I hate everything about regen ships. The playstyle encouraged by regen (point fortressing and run away until time) is antithetical to everything I like about the game.

I'm of the firm opinion that every regen ability should be limited somehow. For example, R2D2 should probably read kinda like Gonk, where you move shields over. He'd start with 2-4 shields on him, and you may move one over when you do a green move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Kanan. Just the way his ability works, making me have to wait on my opponent to decide when I'm allowed to shoot and with how many dice. It just allows so many sperglords to act super arrogant and lovely. *I pick up my red dice, looking to my opponent to see if he's gonna use the ability* "Wait!" he shouts, and puts on his thinking face for about seven seconds before saying: "It's okay, you can shoot, I'll save my tokens." Also, the Ghost with Phantom and TLT is boring and lovely to fly against.

• Locked thread