Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lemon posted:

Yeah I was wondering that, surely slipped discs at 17 is pretty much a death knell for a decent career? Do injuries of that nature get tracked in that way?

Injuries get a 'seriousness' and 'likeliness of recurrence' rating, usually based on the type of injury suffered, yes.

If you see one of your players get the same knee injury twice before they're 21 get rid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
FM2018 pre-release seems to be live now

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Stotty posted:

FM2018 pre-release seems to be live now

Make the new thread then!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

why make a whole new thread when we can just recycle this lovely old one

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I gave the import your face thing a picture of Big Sam

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

mouth looks like an arsehole

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bogan Krkic posted:

mouth looks like an arsehole

Turn your screen on haha

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
can't wait to still be posting itt when it's 2026

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

can't wait to still be posting itt when it's 2026

Still bitching about the match engine, the new social media integrations and SI banning people from the forums

It's your tactics mate, now and forever.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The new scouting system blows hard. If you're a lower-tier side, your options for scouting are utterly pointless.
Scouting your own league competition is the only affordable option; even if you scrap scouting for Senior players in your league, you probably won't be able to afford to expand your Youth scouting beyond your own league.
So, yeah, good luck with that, particularly since it's unlikely you'll be able to afford the transfer fee to sign anyone from a rival team.
You do still get recommendations, but at least half of them seem to be players pimping themselves out to you and the other half don't even seem to come with any attributes visible most of the time.

Well yes, Mr Scout, thank you for alerting me to this completely loving random guy who probably sucked you off at the bar last night.
At least you can mass-offer Trials to players.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
I just got a message from an agent telling me this regen is available for free:

Anyone see any glaring problems with the guy?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Chickpea Roar posted:

Scout him to see if he's injury prone.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Shroud posted:

Scout him to see if he's injury prone.

"That sounds like a waste of time. I'll probably have to move quick to secure a contract with him."

Yeah, according to my head physio that's the case, and just three days after arriving he pulled his hamstring and he's out for 3-4 weeks :v:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

I think it's actually much improved this year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chickpea Roar posted:

Convert him into a fullback.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Or a Regista... seems like a Kimmich type.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OoohU posted:

Or a Regista... seems like a Kimmich type.

I'd worry about his concentration and movement in and out of possession in that sort of role.

Maybe in his mid twenties he'd be ready to move back infield.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Team cohesion seems insanely important to me so far. I started a practice game taking over Rangers since their manager spot is open and I'm eating poo poo in the SPL with a giant payroll because (I think) half the team is new. It obviously could be my tactics and all that but that cohesion bar in the Dynamics menu buried far into the red seems like a bad thing.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Team cohesion seems insanely important to me so far. I started a practice game taking over Rangers since their manager spot is open and I'm eating poo poo in the SPL with a giant payroll because (I think) half the team is new. It obviously could be my tactics and all that but that cohesion bar in the Dynamics menu buried far into the red seems like a bad thing.

I did my entire pre-season on team cohesion and never rotated and didn't lose until I got 2 or 3 injuries in november.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did your meter move at all? Mine didn't even after spending a few weeks on cohesion on High in training.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Did your meter move at all? Mine didn't even after spending a few weeks on cohesion on High in training.

I could only get it up to good.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Barely played any of the new one but there's an easter egg where a player can come out as gay. :confuoot:

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/924610948639477760

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

Barely played any of the new one but there's an easter egg where a player can come out as gay. :confuoot:

Wonder if it'd regens only or there is a hidden gay stat....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Waroduce posted:

Wonder if it'd regens only or there is a hidden gay stat....

There is definitely a hidden gay stat.

So people in the beta how does the dynamics tab/system work so far? Is it just another layer to be ignored or does it seem pretty neat?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

There is definitely a hidden gay stat.

So people in the beta how does the dynamics tab/system work so far? Is it just another layer to be ignored or does it seem pretty neat?

it's unclear atm, it will probably either be the most important or least important thing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm not far enough along to tell but it has made me feel obliged to bring in people from the same country or language so that they can be friends with someone instead of just hoovering up the best people from wherever. I dont know what impact this has but otherwise you do get notices that your team has too many people not blending in and whatnot.

I've also gone along with more playing time for influential people when they ask for it, even if they aren't the best option just to avoid a poo poo storm. It is at least nice to have a heads up that this will likely happen as opposed to previous versions.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

I'm not far enough along to tell but it has made me feel obliged to bring in people from the same country or language so that they can be friends with someone instead of just hoovering up the best people from wherever. I dont know what impact this has but otherwise you do get notices that your team has too many people not blending in and whatnot.

I've also gone along with more playing time for influential people when they ask for it, even if they aren't the best option just to avoid a poo poo storm. It is at least nice to have a heads up that this will likely happen as opposed to previous versions.

it does seem to add a dimension to squad building which was a little bit too easy in previous versions, it's nice how players are smart enough to know when you're trying to replace them.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

There's a BBC piece on it - seems like it can only happen to newgens.
Understandable, and good to see that SI have included it. NOW BRING BACK 'ARSE' for newgens, you loving cowards.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I like the sound of cohesion, thing is it would have been really useful to give some identity and a boost to my academy-only FM15 save.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if the little relationship lines that show up in the tactics screen can be improved over time (or with cohesion training?) or if it is showing some innate conflict that will always exist between two player/personality types that can't function well in a partnership?

Is there something I can do to make people like me ( :( ) or does a player being ambivalent about me just sort of happens due to personality?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Is there something I can do to make people like me ( :( ) or does a player being ambivalent about me just sort of happens due to personality?

This has everything to do with your reputation. If you start with an ex-international player reputation with continental coaching badge they will like you more then if you start as a sunday league player with no coaching badge. So like most things if you win games and trophies they will like you more. I don't think there is anything else you can do to change that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok, but then why does like 80% of the team support me and a few people don't care? Maybe those few people are a higher reputation?

I'm one notch higher for coaching rep than the recommendation for the league I am coaching in for reference.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Not sure. Maybe it is a personality thing like you had mentioned. Maybe they are unprofessional or selfish or something like that.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Players not liking you has always been in the game. I tried to sign Varane in one of the older FM's and it wouldn't even progress into contract talks because the agent said he disliked me.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I did my usual testing-the-waters-with-Arsenal with the beta, and quit in disgust.

I made it to mid-September when Kolasinac complained that he wasn't getting enough playing time. I told him that Monreal was playing well (rating was 7.28), and to wait for his chance. He said Monreal wasn't playing that well and threw a tantrum. Most of the squad followed suit. I decided I'd humor them, and promised to play Kolasinac more often. I only had a month to keep my promise, so I started him every league match, and let Monreal have the Europa league + cups.

Lo and behold, mid-October rolls around, and now Monreal is complaining that he's not getting enough playing time.

Going to try Fiorentina now with a 4-3-1-2.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shroud posted:

I did my usual testing-the-waters-with-Arsenal with the beta, and quit in disgust.

I made it to mid-September when Kolasinac complained that he wasn't getting enough playing time. I told him that Monreal was playing well (rating was 7.28), and to wait for his chance. He said Monreal wasn't playing that well and threw a tantrum. Most of the squad followed suit. I decided I'd humor them, and promised to play Kolasinac more often. I only had a month to keep my promise, so I started him every league match, and let Monreal have the Europa league + cups.

Lo and behold, mid-October rolls around, and now Monreal is complaining that he's not getting enough playing time.

Going to try Fiorentina now with a 4-3-1-2.

Did you change their squad status to reflect how much football they'd be getting? A Key Player is going to whinge if they're not starting all the time.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm playing in the French National and have my DoF speak to players when they ask to speak to me. At which point, there's no need for me to actually respond to their whining.
Also, most of the Senior Squad support the players who are whining, but most of them have contracts running out in the summer, so :byewhore:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

kingturnip posted:

I'm playing in the French National and have my DoF speak to players when they ask to speak to me. At which point, there's no need for me to actually respond to their whining.
Also, most of the Senior Squad support the players who are whining, but most of them have contracts running out in the summer, so :byewhore:

I didn't see a setting to have the DOF speak to unhappy players--where is that?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Mandalay posted:

I didn't see a setting to have the DOF speak to unhappy players--where is that?

It's just at the bottom of the News item, in between the option to talk to them yourself, or get your Captain to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

kingturnip posted:

Is that new? I might have to get FM18 after all.