Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hmm looks like a black polo neck or sweater.

:shrug:

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Unironically excited. Catching up on the GamesCom posts in this thread, and if it's anything like that it'll be a great watch.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zakutambah posted:

Unironically excited. Catching up on the GamesCom posts in this thread, and if it's anything like that it'll be a great watch.

I'm not sure anything is going to top the wheels coming off of that presentation. But who knows, CIG is in the business of selling dreams, so why not some more of mine.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm not sure anything is going to top the wheels coming off of that presentation. But who knows, CIG is in the business of selling dreams, so why not some more of mine.

True... last year we got PowerPoint Simulator 2016 aye?

Maybe it'll be the whole Star Citizen Office Suite this year? Accounting and Tax Returns are in!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zakutambah posted:

True... last year we got PowerPoint Simulator 2016 aye?

Maybe it'll be the whole Star Citizen Office Suite this year? Accounting and Tax Returns are in!

Citcon 2017: Return of Sandwormnot a joke

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Latin Pheonix posted:

An amorphous blob... Ben?

Aye looks like some fat dude doesn't it.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Sandworms? In my CitCon?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Sources: Amazon's Breakaway Is Basically Canceled [Update]

quote:

Amazon Game Studios’ hero sports brawler Breakaway is essentially canceled but may reemerge in some form later, two people familiar with plans for the game tell Kotaku.

No layoffs are planned at the moment for the internet shipping giant’s gaming arm, but the game is on “indefinite hiatus,” a source said.

UPDATE (1:51pm): In a post on the Breakaway website today, Amazon confirms portions of our report, writing that the team plans to “take the time to iterate and evolve Breakaway’s core gameplay” for an indefinite amount of time. Original article follows:

Breakaway, which was announced on Sept. 29, 2016 as the first offering from Amazon Game Studios, has had several public tests over the past few months. Amazon held its most recent public alpha weekend for Breakaway on September 28, but since the end of that final test, there has been no news about the game.

The four-on-four sports brawler aimed to combine elements of games like Rocket League and Overwatch, as well as integrating Twitch features like a broadcast match builder, allowing streamers to set up lobbies to play with their audience.

Sounds like their partnership with CIG is probably proving so fruitful that they’ve gone all in on Star Citizen as the centerpiece of Amazon Gaming Studios future. No point in perfecting the horse and buggy when you’ve pretty much got a Ferrari in the garage...

Then again...

hat tip: Schlag Sweetleaf at MOP

Foo Diddley posted:

Should be "one hundred Star Systems", not "one-hundred", and "delays have beset launch of" should be "delays have beset the launch of"

I’m away from my machine now but will correct when I’m back on it.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

PC Gaming -> Saved

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Twat

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Oh hey, the Contact Light from Risk of Rain made it in.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nebiros posted:

Oh hey, the Contact Light from Risk of Rain made it in.

At least they win the prize for the "Most undefined and uncatagorically dull background ever".

Seriously, looks like a close up of a coffin in a trench during daybreak with some random bits of lovely soil on.

Edit; Guy going through small claims court to get $24k in the UK is almost 100% fake, small claims courts do not take claims over £10k in the UK and it's only in very exceptional circumstances that they break that limit.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 26, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Imagine the physic grid complexity of building a wankpod in space and trying to get it to land near a spaceport on a planet.

That wankpod will be jittering all over the place.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Speaking of CIG, financials and cases, we should celebrate the 1 year anniversary of:

frankly this is the only good Derek bad gimmick in the thread. Funny every time

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Solarin posted:

frankly this is the only good Derek bad gimmick in the thread. Funny every time

100% guaranteed lols action

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
its up to a lil under a cool million now.

all fresh cash friends. We win

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

Edit; Guy going through small claims court to get $24k in the UK is almost 100% fake, small claims courts do not take claims over £10k in the UK and it's only in very exceptional circumstances that they break that limit.

We need some hot space court action.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I started sarcastically asking real questions and making a list of concerns about this ship and I actually started feeling really bad for the people who are paying $750+ for it.

This is kind of where you can no longer talk about this being a video game and pre-ordering content for it. This is straight up tithes to a church at this point. It's legit sad.

Sabreseven posted:

You know that a story can be true even if the person is mistaken about a possible, future course of action right?

I can be seeking a refund from Amazon and even though I might think I can challenge the CS reps to my personal self-built thunderdome to resolve the dispute that doesn't change the fact there is a refund I am entitled to that I haven't figured out how to properly pursue yet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Abuminable posted:

Journalism is dead.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/923675737474977792

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

biglads posted:

All the clips of Sandi from that terrible film are being refactored into footage for the Pusher scenes in SQ42.

Sadly, that will not be quite ready for CitizenCon but should be with evocati for testing in around two weeks.

I think it should be said again how poorly received American Satan was. It was a bad, bad movie with no redeeming qualities.

Imagine being the actress who was so bad, so loving awful that even in a bad, terrible loving movie; you still get cut from it because you’re terrible.

To the CIG employee taking notes, be sure to emphasize this for her to notice. You too can get back at her in mysterious ways if she has offended you. :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

I think it should be said again how poorly received American Satan was. It was a bad, bad movie with no redeeming qualities.

Ummm....did you forget who was edited out?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
My prediction is that interpol will swoop in mid speech and arrest the lot.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I updated my wildly optimistic cashflow estimate for Star Citizen. The main assumptions made are the low costs for running companies in LA, Texas, and Germany compared to Manchester. Also that Subcontractors are really cheap. Yeah. I also assume that they receive $36mil this year in pledges and that refunds all time are negligible.

In this fantasy best case scenario the end of 2017 sees a cash balance of around $13mil with bank loans of $5.5mil. Obviously they could pay the loan off, but then they would have cash of $7.5mil.

It's worth thinking back to June 2017 though. At the end of June, Star Citizen would not yet have received their tax credit rebate in respect of 2016 some $4mil, also no estimated bank loan of $4mil against 2017 tax credits. Also their half year income was only $13mil compared to the yearly $36mil estimate. Expenses would have been half a year's worth. Working capital would have been tight in places. A more realistic/pessimistic estimate than mine would probably include bank loans in Germany and the United States and higher expenses in these places. It is really surreal that they still need to hit $177mil in pledges this year and this can be balanced directly with the product available at the same time, not any future product which will require ongoing funding.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

The Titanic posted:

Imagine being the actress who was so bad, so loving awful that even in a bad, terrible loving movie; you still get cut from it because you’re terrible.

To the CIG employee taking notes, be sure to emphasize this for her to notice. You too can get back at her in mysterious ways if she has offended you. :)

What if it bombed because they cut her?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Uh, no, she asked to be removed early on when she realized how bad the movie was going to be. She only went to support her hard working actor and actress colleagues. :rolleyes:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/923683560631959555

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

The Titanic posted:

While this really is hilarious karmic justice, a part of me wanted the film to be an amazing hit, a really spectacular blockbuster that came out of nowhere and took the film industry by storm.

That way it would've stung all the more that Sandi was cut out while all her colleagues bask in the film's glory.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Vic's Mom [REDACTED]

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

There are limits on small claims court but there are things you could try, the only way that's fake is if someone gained access to his reddit account. His RSI profile is completionist and his youtube channel has him filming Mr Thumb while at gamescom 2013, not linking it as don't want to help Shitizens cause him grief.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 27, 2017

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I guess with a load of nerds going atheist, there has to be some other way to satiate that tribal/cult/abandonment of self and cash urge. Have we researched a connection yet? I feel we ought to get someone on that.

Regarding small claims - I've been to UK (Scottish, which is slightly different, but same general deal) small claims (as a freelancer) and it's a relatively low-effort thing (you turn up, other dude doesn't, you have proof and paperwork that cash is owed, you get a court order to get it the money paid to you). Guy may have exhausted his refund efforts and wants a low effort way of getting at least half back without the expense of a lawyer - the paperwork is remarkably easy to fill in, and doesn't require a lawyer (although obviously that would make it more of a sure-thing).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The stupid hard drive is what's inside that crate, right?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The stupid hard drive is what's inside that crate, right?

Either that, an RSI branded webcam or ben's daily lard

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Vic's Mom [REDACTED]

Umm, according to IMDB, she did not get cut from the movie. She still has her 'Actress' credit listed.

I would link imdb, but am unclear on whether that would be doxing.
e: The movie is playing at a theatre 10 minutes away, but no way am I watching it to verify.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Her character didn’t even have a name

And she was still cut

lol

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Having said that, I almost want to set my lawyer on someone, she's one evil praying-mantis looking bitch (and I mean that in the most respectful manner). I pity anyone she's being paid to litigate. I only pay her to threaten people with scary letters which is all I've ever required, but unleashed she would undoubtedly devour someone whole.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Golli posted:

Umm, according to IMDB, she did not get cut from the movie. She still has her 'Actress' credit listed.

Don't risk it man arf jason is on standby / code orange

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
CIG guy tasked with reading our forums: please tell Sandi every human who knows who she is is laughing at her, but that first number is way too small to matter anyway

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/923293661584015361

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Golli posted:

e: The movie is playing at a theatre 10 minutes away, but no way am I watching it to verify.

Sandi writes her own IMDB entries.
Feel free to edit.

To CIG guy reading this thread...her page needs updating...with the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

shrach posted:

I updated my wildly optimistic cashflow estimate for Star Citizen. The main assumptions made are the low costs for running companies in LA, Texas, and Germany compared to Manchester. Also that Subcontractors are really cheap. Yeah. I also assume that they receive $36mil this year in pledges and that refunds all time are negligible.

In this fantasy best case scenario the end of 2017 sees a cash balance of around $13mil with bank loans of $5.5mil. Obviously they could pay the loan off, but then they would have cash of $7.5mil.

It's worth thinking back to June 2017 though. At the end of June, Star Citizen would not yet have received their tax credit rebate in respect of 2016 some $4mil, also no estimated bank loan of $4mil against 2017 tax credits. Also their half year income was only $13mil compared to the yearly $36mil estimate. Expenses would have been half a year's worth. Working capital would have been tight in places. A more realistic/pessimistic estimate than mine would probably include bank loans in Germany and the United States and higher expenses in these places. It is really surreal that they still need to hit $177mil in pledges this year and this can be balanced directly with the product available at the same time, not any future product which will require ongoing funding.

I would love to see these cash statements. I would not be surprised to see deposits at the end of the FY to bump up reserves followed immediately by withdrawals after.

EDIT: Where are the management wages figures coming from?

Baxta fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 27, 2017