Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh my god this has turned into a pure American farce. No one is coming off well in this story anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh thank christ the writer is pulling the ripcord. End this madness so Spider-Man can team up with Black Panther or something.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
They seemed to be doing just fine under Tyrannus, to the point where they had deposed Moleman...

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

mind the walrus posted:

Oh thank christ the writer is pulling the ripcord. End this madness so Spider-Man can team up with Black Panther or something.

Why do you hate love? I wanted them to be together so badly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Motherfucker.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bob human being posted:

Why do you hate love? I wanted them to be together so badly.
I hate Aunt May. I hate her so much.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
“I must go, my molepeople need me”

NOTE: MOLE MAN DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO THE INSIDE OF THE PLANET

True love is dead

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I hate Aunt May. I hate her so much.

I'm being won over to that camp. What with her weak-rear end lungs, her instant jump to suspecting infidelity rather than the onus of responsibility keeping Melvin from her side*, to her brittle bones because SHE JUST WON'T TAKE HER CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS.

DO YOU WANT YOUR RIBS TO SNAP LIKE DRIED TWIGS IF YOU FALL, MAY? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DON'T TAKE YOUR CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS.

* - I'm guessing she went with infidelity as her 1st guess because Ben cheated on her all the time. Because, well, who wouldn't if they were saddled in a loveless marriage with May.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ben cheated on her with Peter's mom. But she was probably banging Peter's father so it's good.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Oh gosh, imagine if Trouble was canon in the Newspaperverse

(For those unfamiliar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_(comics))

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

You might only need a dose every day if you're trying to fend off 1,500 years of ageing rather than a transformation of conventional ages from GILF to MILF.

So you're saying she'd need a dose every hour?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

mind the walrus posted:

I will fight you IRL.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wakanda needs a queen.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zeeman posted:

Oh gosh, imagine if Trouble was canon in the Newspaperverse

(For those unfamiliar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_(comics))

:psyboom:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm legit mad at this. If someone had told me a couple of years ago that I'd care about damned Aunt May marrying Mole Man, I wouldn't have believed it, but here we are.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 27, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, moley had to go. this comic strip couldn't continue if he was always hanging around, acting all noble and heroic. it would make nsm look even worse.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Newspaper Mole Man is the hero the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm sorry my sweet May, but I must leave to fetch a pack of cigarettes that they only make underground, back in 10.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm going to take out a subscription to the Daily Bugle :mad:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

my brain slowly melted out of my ears as I read that synopsis

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Melvin, you're super rich. Just buy some cheap land off in buttfuck nowhere and build a nice ranch where you, May, and the moloids can live out the rest of your days in peace.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
May isn't actually allergic to underground. She just has, well, opinions on moloids.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jyrque posted:

May isn't actually allergic to underground. She just has, well, opinions on moloids.

Oh, she's got nothing against them, per se. It's just their music and how loud they are on the bus.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope we get 2 more weeks of Mole Man explaining to Aunt May that they cannot be together because its so loving interesting (and to make you guys lose your minds at their 'doomed love' or whatever).

Seriously Aunt may, just die and get out of the way of progress!

I bet she voted Trump.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'll marry Aunt May if Melvin won't take responsibility!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Talking loudly about how stupid they are right in front of them and then just assuming they still want him to rule him after that is probably how he got deposed and exiled in the first place.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

enigmahfc posted:

Seriously Aunt may, just die and get out of the way of progress!

I bet she voted Trump.

Uncle Ben said "with great power comes great responsibility" but Aunt May always said "bash the fash".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lobok posted:

Uncle Ben said "with great power comes great responsibility" but Aunt May always said "bash the fash".

I now see why Melvin is attracted.

I hope their wedding registry had His and Hers Whacking Sticks

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Proteus Jones posted:

Whacking Sticks

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is what I'm talking about, May is awesome.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

'Shame on you'

Aunt May was so awesome in the Raimi films. I really liked her speech later in the film when Peter's given up being Spider-Man.

She practically flat out says ''I know you're Spider-man Peter, and people need Spider-man, so get your poo poo together''.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Admit it Melvin, you realized what a mistake you were making. Either that or the Moloids serve some insane ecological purpose.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

Admit it Melvin, you realized what a mistake you were making. Either that or the Moloids serve some insane ecological purpose.

They keep the hollow earth from collapsing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think he's just trying to push his duties to Spidey.

"Oh, I guess my love for you is forever doomed. If only SOMEBODY was here to RULE THE ONLY BEINGS DUMBER THAN SPIDER-MAN AND ALSO USE AAAAAALLLLLL THAT MONEY I HAD LAYING AROUND, MORE MONEY THAN THE DAILY BUGLE IS EVEN WORTH. If only, but alas now we will both be miserable, surely your nephew PETER PARKER, SPIDER-MAN'S "PHOTOGRAPHER", WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU THIS SAD."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
White Mole's Burden

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This silly comic is making me so angry right now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish they'd just keep whatever weird poo poo happens in this setting instead of hitting the reset button. i mean, who actually minds having uncle moley stick around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
other than mind the walrus but he doesn't count

• Locked thread