Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Diablo 3 isn't dead on ps4, and Necromancer is pretty fun to play. It got me back in and there's tons of new loot of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought I already bought Night in the Woods, but it was Oxenfree that I was thinking of.

I know people are considering NitW for their end-of-year lists so I want to check it out... but there are like 15 other games on my docket right now

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

I was hoping it'd be discounted on PS4 but it's only a $3 discount then gently caress it, I'm just going to buy it on PS4.

but then you would be able to buy it at $16.66

al-azad
May 28, 2009

an actual dog posted:

but then you would be able to buy it at $16.66

*leans in real close* $19.99 upside down is 6.66!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I already bought Night in the Woods, but it was Oxenfree that I was thinking of.

I know people are considering NitW for their end-of-year lists so I want to check it out... but there are like 15 other games on my docket right now

If nothing else, Night in the Woods is Halloween-themed and makes for a good spooky time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

NITW is goty

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's pretty quick to play through(but still good).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Night in the Woods is really good. Oxenfree is just okay.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I am now thirty. I'll be pretty pissed off if I die in the next... 24 hours before getting my hands on Mario. I will kick the devil's rear end Cuphead style.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sorry that I will have to attend your funeral in 23 hours but I'll be lolling and playing mario while I'm there

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Contrary to what you might have heard you don't instantly die when you turn 30

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well now I'm thinking that there will be at least one person who will indeed die before they get to play Mario.

It reminds me of that news story about the old lady who voted for Hilary last year and died hours after seeing the results

StrixNebulosa posted:

Logan's Run is a documentary actually

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Presumably gamer heaven gets its games a week before they’re released down here, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well now I'm thinking that there will be at least one person who will indeed die before they get to play Mario.

It reminds me of that news story about the old lady who voted for Hilary last year and died hours after seeing the results

She was among the lucky ones.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but if you go to gamer hell you have to play ubisoft and phone games for the rest of your eternal life

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Video Games Are Destroying the People Who Make Them

quote:

The designer Clint Hocking described suffering memory loss as a result of the stress and anxiety of crunching on a game. Brett Douville, a veteran game programmer, said he once worked so long and for so hard that he found himself temporarily unable to step out of his car.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Then what's the point

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gamer Satan walks in and is like "good news, this week you get to play Animal Crossing", your eyes light up in excitement that is immediately dashed when he finishes his sentence, "its a phone game :twisted:"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Logan's Run is a documentary actually

I wonder if anyone followed up on the 70+ year old granny who wrote to Nintendo Power in the early 90s regarding an English translation of (I believe) Dragon Quest 6. The DS version came out about 15 years later.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I will die of old age before I finish Dragon Quest 7.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hope it's not too late to also agree with everyone that's saying NitW is really good and it's a strong contender for GotY. I just love that game a lot.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

al-azad posted:

I will die of old age before I finish Dragon Quest 7.

i played and beat DQ7 after i died of old age, ama

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

homeless snail posted:

yeah but if you go to gamer hell you have to play ubisoft and phone games for the rest of your eternal life

Ubisoft I can handle. Phone games, less so.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of course not. Your crystal blinks red and then you go to the Renewal ceremony and are born again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Also screw the person who made this reference before I did :mad:

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Ubisoft I can handle. Phone games, less so.

Stuck in a room for all eternity with an iphone that has just been upgraded and no longer plays Dungeon Raid.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Albinator posted:

Stuck in a room for all eternity with an iphone that has just been upgraded and no longer plays Dungeon Raid.

gently caress! :byodood:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Finally got up to the part in Persona 5 where you decide what to do with your free time.

Immediately froze up in indecision.

Went to punk doctor for drugs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can always press the touchpad and see what other people did

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the most important thing is to max out knowledge so you can date makoto

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Punk doctor is the best confidant so you chose well.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It's been bothering me all day that somebody made a "but you can't kill Hitler, then he can't be in the sequel!" argument re: Wolfenstein.

Like, what part of MECHA-HITLER don't you understand

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Punk doctor sells an item that makes doing Dungeons in one run way more visible so year, she's good. Also she herself is a cool character with no real bad part of her story unless you wanna be creepy about it in the end

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oddium posted:

the most important thing is to max out knowledge so you can date makoto

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC7zsHFUhtY

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why didn't anyone mention there's a new episode of life is strange prequel I had no idea

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The correct answer is to date your teacher. She's the hottest, has the best abilities, and it's just as creepy and awkward as it sounds.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ah poo poo, I was focussing on guts. I'll hit the books.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can always press the touchpad and see what other people did

This feels like cheating a bit. If 99% of people did this one thing and I do the same based on that, it feels more like reading a guide than making a decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a canceled sega saturn sonic game nearly killed a man

• Locked thread