Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm absolutely astounded we can't craft/install scopes on guns. Seems like a fricken no-brainer as handling/zoom have an effect but aren't game breaking. I could see them being nervous about zoom factor given how it interacts with AA and accuracy, but in that case limit the scopes a gun can take.

This game desperately needs a gun mod system like Payday 2 has, though they also need perks that make more meaningful changes to the guns. Accurate ingame stats would help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Since this thread is super petty and folks are turning to D1 to get their grind fix right in between their toes, I'll toss in my petty complaint": I wish auras didn't reset each week and you could use them at any time. There I said it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

popewiles posted:

Speaking of crafting, we should be able to consume 4 shaders in order to create a new shader, taking a selected color from each sacrificed shader.

:vince:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

TWAB is up. Game Director says this is some of the stuff they are working on for future updates:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Patch 1.06 next week:

Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible:
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.

Clash:
Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)

Control:
Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system

Survival:
Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)

Supremacy:
Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system

Roman fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 27, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fixed issue with calus that caused walls to vanish. Psions now launch spell upon spawn. Psions also have cone of cold.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Roman posted:

TWAB is up. Game Director says this is some of the stuff they are working on for future updates:

Working on: the rest of the game

Cool

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

lol yeah all of that stuff is cool and good but jeez

any word on adding a cardinal point to the fukken minimap?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Give me 5's/6's or GO TO HELL

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

How many times did you get killed out of your super during goon vs goon private games?

[cue a million gifvs getting posted]

Hmm let me see what I have in the archive of "me getting owned"

*opens up empty folder*

Oh but what's this?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/116217388

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Emote wheel is extremely good

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

the good fax machine posted:

Emote wheel is extremely good

I will Chuckle mightily if their example was literal, and you can only equip Exotic Emotes on the wheel.

Price Up, Guardian!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Patch 1.06 next week:

Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible:
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.

Clash:

Control:

Survival:

Supremacy:

Yesssss

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Roman posted:

Patch 1.06 next week:

Crucible:

Clash:

Control:

Survival:

Supremacy:

All this poo poo should have been the very basics before release, what the gently caress?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Killer_Bees! posted:

All this poo poo should have been the very basics before release, what the gently caress?

They were obviously pressed for time and some (read: a lot) quality of life stuff got shelved to try and meet what was supposedly a hard deadline with Activision.

Sucks but no one has a time machine.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Killer_Bees! posted:

And miss the coveted [checks September holiday schedule]... Freedom Day buying spree?! Are you mad!

Gotta get that poo poo on the MARKET

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Killer_Bees! posted:

Offer up something lovely and then wow them with the regular. Art of the deal baby :smugdon:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Destiny 2 endgame is meeting random cool people thru lfg, adding each other to your friends lists, literally never talking to or playing with them ever again, then six months later wondering who the gently caress all these people on your friends list are.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Roman posted:

Patch 1.06 next week:

Crucible:

Clash:

Control:

Survival:

Supremacy:

I will never understand how devs can think it's ok to ship a game with less features than it's predecessors. "Oh no one cared about private matches, couch co-op, firefight, forge or theater mode... don't worry about that stuff."

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Drain 001 posted:

I will never understand how devs can think it's ok to ship a game with less features than it's predecessors. "Oh no one cared about private matches, couch co-op, firefight, forge or theater mode... don't worry about that stuff."

I’m sure they definitely thought it was okay and definitely didn’t have to slice poo poo out wholesale to make the deadline

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Who’s dick do I have to suck for an antiope? Jfc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Drain 001 posted:

Honestly the crazy thing about being a huge idiot and playing AoT vintage D1 again is that it feels like a sequel to D2 with slightly worse graphics and environments.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Drain 001 posted:

D2 is a fork of the D1 code from a year and a half ago or so. Basically nothing got merged and now they're scrambling to do that.

Not defending it but there's nothing you can do about it now. Except not buy any more of their games.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I was running into people using them day 1 in crucible on PC. I’ll never get one on 2 platforms.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Honestly the crazy thing about being a huge idiot and playing AoT vintage D1 again is that it feels like a sequel to D2 with slightly worse graphics and environments.
and big rear end fonts. it's Large Print Destiny for old gamers

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

137 gunsmith ranks before i got one.

i got two last night.

rng lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you cant get an antiope run the adventure next to failsafe on nessus you get a sondok c as a garunteed reward its the same as the antiope.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

137 gunsmith ranks before i got one.

i got two last night.

rng lol

Proof that their anti dupe system gets it backwards!! :tinfoil:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

BlindSite posted:

If you cant get an antiope run the adventure next to failsafe on nessus you get a sondok c as a garunteed reward its the same as the antiope.

Holy poo poo. I just looked it up and it’s EXACTLY the same everything just blue.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo. I just looked it up and it’s EXACTLY the same everything just blue.

1 round in the mag is different but yeah. I just use the antiope on my titan and the sondok on my hunter with the same shader you'd never know the difference.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

:worship:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Aaaand it can’t go over 295 light. Now I’m pissed again.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

light doesn't matter

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

It does for my autism.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

I got mine a couple of hours ago. I made sure I was 305, and it dropped at 296. I put a kenetic mod to get it up to 301

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo this thing shreds in crucible.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I wondered what the sondok was. Got shredded by it a few and figured it was just something i hadnt seen yet. A blue variant of antiope makes sense. Welp off to get it and see what all the fuss is about.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Geez as much as I hate hunters, nightstalker with invis is pretty good in crucible. I tried it once and got a 4.6 KAD using foetracer, better devils and last hope. It refreshes pretty drat fast.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I haven't tried the invis build might give it a whirl tonight.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Holy poo poo this thing shreds in crucible.

Yup

actionjackson posted:

Geez as much as I hate hunters, nightstalker with invis is pretty good in crucible. I tried it once and got a 4.6 KAD using foetracer, better devils and last hope. It refreshes pretty drat fast.

Yuuuuuup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

actionjackson posted:

Literally made me change main from titan after ~2 years, nightstalker + foetracer + any weapon is extremely my poo poo