Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dogeh posted:

Sandi writes her own IMDB entries.
Feel free to edit.

I only look at, and laugh at, poop. I don't touch it intentionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Golli posted:

I only look at, and laugh at, poop. I don't touch it intentionally.

Yeah. Good plan.
You might catch something!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/923523561167388674

I think it's supposed to be a prop replica of the original grabby hands box.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I like to imagine that the guy in the hot-dog costume comes to work every day dressed as a different foodstuff. He *really* wants to get laid off, but noone is taking the goddam loving hint

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Tokamak posted:

When they finally reach alpha 4.0 in 2023 I'm going to buy in just so I can sneak into peoples ships, rearrange all their boxes, and sneak off again.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

big nipples big life posted:

100% guaranteed lols action

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

cynic posted:

I guess with a load of nerds going atheist, there has to be some other way to satiate that tribal/cult/abandonment of self and cash urge. Have we researched a connection yet? I feel we ought to get someone on that.

:words:

:aaaaa:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Wasp drinking water is way cooler than stinky ole star citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the dork at citizencon with the fogged up motorcycle visor

https://twitter.com/Tacryll/status/923695878690312192

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

Phil.
Oh wait, it says PHII

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

cynic posted:

I like to imagine that the guy in the hot-dog costume comes to work every day dressed as a different foodstuff. He *really* wants to get laid off, but noone is taking the goddam loving hint

Pretty sure he works the food truck that stops by the Galleria... Count 51 people, but didn't Chris Smith move to LA in 2015? And where is Tony Z?

For comparison:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Did we already laugh about the part where CIG seems to be teaming up with a company that makes a weather radar app for cellphones? I keep losing track of where we are on Mr. Roberts's Wild Ride.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I know what isn't in the box: It isn't the 3.0 patch for all backers....

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I wonder how many times they will test that latch before the dramatic reveal to make sure that it doesn't launch into the audience, glitch through a wall, and morph into a mecha-spider on the street outside.

Hopefully, zero.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

quote:

Solarin posted:
I love you

tuo posted:

I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pl9u6tyTc

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/923660168860192769

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I’m excited for the con for all of you. :)

I hope that the 3.1 demo they’ve been working on for over 2 years really impresses everybody. It may not be playable outside of trained employees, or represent anything like the actual game, but that’s ok. :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Porcelain crabs use appendages to filter any passing water for planktonic food
https://i.imgur.com/a6KrQYq.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

X-Ultron posted:

I just installed my Star Citizen SSD.

:lol:

Great!! :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I don’t think it is possible for CIG to get more self ironic than this. Sometimes I feel like the day to day guys are just destroyed, waiting for the cards to fall like the rest of us.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Funny you mention it because I first thought it was a picture from homeworld too. It’s kind of uncanny.

But you know the old saying, one persons IP is only better after Chris Roberts calls it his own original idea. Doesn’t matter how well known it is or how long it’s been associated your IP.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
It was missing something...

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Ortwin's native soil.

:golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Fixed!

Thank you all for kind words and helpful feedback. I’d been meaning to update this for Gamescom but I’m rather glad I waited. As I was updating it, I found myself just struck anew by the absurdity of it all. Burndown itself — a weekly show dedicated to making excuses and pleading for patience as they engage in the seemingly insurmountable task of releasing a massively downsized, egregiously delayed Alpha patch (er pre-Alpha really but whatever) — it’s a lunacy of truly staggering proportions. However blase it seems in the continuum, however much the zealots feign its normalcy.

It’s just next level ludicrousness and I hope the chart is at least somewhat effective in distilling it, in empiricizing the farce that is this game’s production.

You did good! This is really great. :)

I hope it makes the rounds again to various news sites.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

oh wow just need to sell another $1 million in jpgs and they might possibly break even for the month assuming the most conservative estimate of their monthly costs

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tokamak posted:

I bet there is a carton of BIG BENNIES NOODLES in that box

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ash1138 posted:

oh wow just need to sell another $1 million in jpgs and they might possibly break even for the month assuming the most conservative estimate of their monthly costs

I for one hope Citizen Con is a huge financial success because I don't want this amazing trainwreck to ever end.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Purchases from whales are drying up:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I for one hope Citizen Con is a huge financial success because I don't want this amazing trainwreck to ever end.

:same:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Those funding numbers though :ughh:

How many do you think Clifford bought, 5.. 10?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

What's the over/under on Miles Eckhart jacket count?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nebiros posted:

Oh hey, the Contact Light from Risk of Rain made it in.
I appreciate someone else pointing out what it was that made my brain tweak at that image.

Thanks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Baxta posted:

I would love to see these cash statements. I would not be surprised to see deposits at the end of the FY to bump up reserves followed immediately by withdrawals after.

EDIT: Where are the management wages figures coming from?

Someone over at FDev already chimed in

quote:

So by some standards I obviously don't understand accounting, but on Page 5 (Profit and Loss) for the year to 31 Dec 2015, somehow a Gross (Loss) of (£339,098) has Administrative Expenses added to it of £604,397 to make a Profit before Taxation of £265,299? I may have been out of the trade for a few decades, but since when have Administrative Expenses become income and not a further negative sum increasing the loss? i.e. shouldn't (£339,098) be increased by (£604,397) to make a Loss Before Taxation of (£943,495)? Which would then mean the balance sheet on the subsequent pages doesn't (balance) and the accounts for 2016 then don't make sense as the retained profit/(loss) isn't reflected properly in the 2016 opening position.

Apparently these accounts have been audited...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

The accountants at the tax service probably take one look at the sheets, sigh heavily 'You're the company that sells pictures of space ships right?'

And then stamps it closed for another year

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

D_Smart posted:

Could be prepaid expenses. Like they "contract" with CIG US for backend poo poo and routed some of that sweet coutts cash to the US.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Ortwin's native soil.

:five::five::five::five::five:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

X-Ultron posted:

I just installed my Star Citizen SSD.

:eyepop:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Quavers posted:

Purchases from whales are drying up:

Oh we are only in the pre-sale of the citizencon sale.

We are still a month away from the Anniversary sale too.

And after that is the Holiday sale.

If they can somehow pull like $1,000,000 in six hours with a picture of a ship that exists the least out of anything they have ever sold, at this point in development, whales are probably going to slide them into 2018 with another $4,000,000 - $5,000,000

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 27, 2017

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!